Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2009 5:28 AM

Sep 2008
Who did you prefer as an protagonist? It's really hard for me personally, I think they are both great characters, but for me Justin is more original, it's a breath of fresh air to see a protagonist who isn't all angst and quiet, Ryudo was great aswell but he did have afew of the cliched protagonist traits
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 28, 2009 8:23 PM

Jan 2008
That is a difficult choice, Justine can be a little weird at first, but he grows on you.
I'll have to go with Ryudo though.
Oct 31, 2009 6:18 AM

Jun 2007
For me, Justin wins on charm alone. He's a typical shounen lead; dumb, starts weak and good-natured. He's the sort of character you can't help but cheer for, no matter how stupid his actions may be.

I liked how he developed over the course of the story. At the start he's still living with his mom, getting his head beaten a lot. Then, by the end, he's the hero of the spirits. Usually, I'd be cynical about such stories, but in the case of Grandia I ignored it and went with the flow.

Ryudo was a decent character, with a sarcasric personality. I liked him. However, he didn't have Justin's instant likeability factor and that makes him lose.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Grandia Music

Palsa - Mar 21, 2009

3 by Captain_GARlock »»
Apr 26, 2011 8:19 AM

» Favorite JRPG (Excluding Grandia Series)

WolfOfMibu - Oct 28, 2009

4 by Captain_GARlock »»
Oct 31, 2009 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.