Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 25, 2014 4:59 AM
Aug 2012
I have just finished the series recently (not the movie), it was very good, but it also left some questions hanging on my head, so here's my questions:

All of them are related to Homura though

1. I do get that she have the power to rewind time, but doesn't that technically supposed to rewind her back before she became a Puella Magi? (contract never happens, still a normal girl), or Puella Magi power actually transcend time?

2. Wouldn't Homura supposed to be the strongest? because she actually suffer the most, even more so than Madoka, also she's the same Homura travelling through time, I don't get why Madoka's the only one who's getting stronger (question based on the karma theory of the series, correct me if I'm wrong)

3. How did she have Madoka's bow? It's not like she have time to store it when Madoka's recreating the universe and what's that Black Wings she have in the epilogue?
GundamSFSAug 25, 2014 5:23 AM
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.
Aug 25, 2014 6:10 AM
Sep 2007
Don't read too much into it, it's not really so deep.

Answers for all your questions: Homura is retarded stalker whose obsessiveness about Madoka got so much out of hand that it enables her to have DeLorean powers.
Aug 25, 2014 6:37 AM

Apr 2014
1. I think we have to say that Puella Magi powers transcend time - at least in Homura's case, since that's what she wished for. Since Homura only becomes an MG after Madoka has already been killed by Walpurgisnacht, the only way that she could save her would be to travel back in time as a magical girl.

2. The karma attaches to Madoka rather than to Homura because Homura's repeated journeys are all about changing Madoka's fate, and are made for Madoka's sake, not her own.

3. I'm not sure about this, but perhaps the bow is the weapon that she would have had (by nature, as it were) had her wish not meant that she was obliged to be given some kind of time-travel mechanism. In the reset world produced by Madoka's wish she no longer needs that mechanism (and is presumably no longer able to travel in time), so she gets the weapon she ought to have had. The fact that it is a bow, like Madoka's, may be an indication of their affinity.
"Burn this sight into your minds. This is what it means to be a magical girl."
Aug 25, 2014 9:20 AM
Aug 2012
steepholm said:
1. I think we have to say that Puella Magi powers transcend time - at least in Homura's case, since that's what she wished for. Since Homura only becomes an MG after Madoka has already been killed by Walpurgisnacht, the only way that she could save her would be to travel back in time as a magical girl.

2. The karma attaches to Madoka rather than to Homura because Homura's repeated journeys are all about changing Madoka's fate, and are made for Madoka's sake, not her own.

3. I'm not sure about this, but perhaps the bow is the weapon that she would have had (by nature, as it were) had her wish not meant that she was obliged to be given some kind of time-travel mechanism. In the reset world produced by Madoka's wish she no longer needs that mechanism (and is presumably no longer able to travel in time), so she gets the weapon she ought to have had. The fact that it is a bow, like Madoka's, may be an indication of their affinity.

Hmm I guess question no 1 and no 3 is purely for debate, but no 2 is pretty clear.
GundamSFSAug 30, 2014 8:34 AM
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.
Aug 26, 2014 2:31 AM

Aug 2009
There is no reason to argue for #1.
Homura's power is time travel.If she couldnt have her powers after she makes the very leap, then there is no point in her power.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.