Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2014 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
Here is the link http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/09/release-date-for-cowboy-bebop/

2 Special Editions announced, as well as a standard DVD and Blu-Ray.
Aug 18, 2014 1:12 PM
Sep 1, 2014 6:20 AM

Jun 2014
Amazon is to have it's own special edition of the Cowboy Bebop box. 90 bucks and it includes 2 art books. That's not a bad deal. I wonder what the difference with the Funimation release will be.
Dec 15, 2014 12:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Both the Amazon and Funimation sets have been sold out before hitting the streets. All 12500 of them. They are being sold on auction sites for over 300 bucks. I've never seen this for a Western release of an anime. It's still a huge sell.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 15, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
Marzan said:
Both the Amazon and Funimation sets have been sold out before hitting the streets. All 12500 of them. They are being sold on auction sites for over 300 bucks. I've never seen this for a Western release of an anime. It's still a huge sell.

You would expect nothing else from the G.O.A.T of Anime, but I have some good news...

NM: Was just about to give you the link to the Amazon Restock but they just sold out as I was typing this.
Dec 16, 2014 1:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
RichtheLionheart said:
Marzan said:

You would expect nothing else from the G.O.A.T of Anime, but I have some good news...

NM: Was just about to give you the link to the Amazon Restock but they just sold out as I was typing this.

I heard! I'm so miffed.

I got the UK version of the BD's. But I've read that the American version. Should be from the same master that the Japanese BD’s are so I suspect they’re better quality- I’d really love to get my hands on some of those collectors edition. The Funimation one is gorgeous.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 22, 2014 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
Marzan said:
I got the UK version of the BD's.

Me too. Marathoning my way through the series for the first time in years, and it's a nostalgic blast. The show holds up so well, there's nothing else like it. I kind of wish for more stories set in that world, with no mention of the Bebop crew. Their story has been told, and it was epic.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 27, 2014 8:25 PM

Jan 2008
The quality of this blu ray release is amazing. Popped in the DVD set to compare and they are completely obsolete. I can't even begin to explain it... it's like watching a modern series now. No more cropping, images are clear without any light bloom effects, and the audio has never sounded better. I really wish they'd re-release the soundtrack. Looking forward to the new extras as well. Always wanted something that featured the dub cast so those 2 cast reunions should be good
Dec 28, 2014 1:25 PM

Mar 2012
JeremyC said:
The quality of this blu ray release is amazing. Popped in the DVD set to compare and they are completely obsolete. I can't even begin to explain it... it's like watching a modern series now. No more cropping, images are clear without any light bloom effects, and the audio has never sounded better. I really wish they'd re-release the soundtrack. Looking forward to the new extras as well. Always wanted something that featured the dub cast so those 2 cast reunions should be good

Properly remastered 80s/90s Anime on Blu-Ray is some of the best looking visuals out there. I agree about the sound, as well. Yu Yu Hakusho is another example of an amazing remaster.
Dec 28, 2014 7:00 PM

Jan 2014
That's nice.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

624 by savvyOW »»
May 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 2, 2008

133 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

132 by RioFS »»
Apr 26, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - May 14, 2008

183 by FunniMonkey69 »»
Apr 25, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

116 by RioFS »»
Apr 25, 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.