Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2014 3:04 AM

Apr 2013
After this war their will likely be a quite a few captain positions open.
Right now their is at least 2 captain positions that need to be filled.

Komamura, and Unohana are dead. Kensei, Rose, and Toshiro are sort of up in the air.

Plus if Shunsui keeps the captain commander position then squad 1 will eventually need a new Captain, though filling the other slots takes priority.

If Ichigo is no longer able to return to the world of the living and he becomes captain commander which would be weird then Shunsui can go back to captain of squad 1.

However its kinda hard to Imagine Ichigo ordering people around. So im not gonna hold my breath on that one.

Anyways point of this thread being who do you think should take over said Captain Positions.

There aren't any High Level Shinigami with healing capabilities.
so most likely Isane will become Captain of Squad 4.

That still Leaves at least one position available.
Renji, and Rukia are Viable Candidates. Ikkaku is also a possibility
I know Ikkaku doesn't want to become a Captain. However sometimes we have to give up on the things we want for the greater good.

Hisagi supposedly has a bankai so he might be an option.

If Aizen makes a comeback then he could be a possibility but seams unlikely after all the shit he has done. If it did happen it would require someone extremely strong to keep him in line, and their is only one person who fits that bill.

Their is also Ginjo who is a Shinigami/Fullbringer hybrid.
However we dont know how much of his power he retained after dying.

So let me know what you guys think.

P.S. I didn't include Urahara, or Isshin because they both have little Rug rats to take care of not to mention Urahara has his shop, and Isshin has his Clinic.
astrozombie84Aug 1, 2014 3:25 AM
Aug 4, 2014 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
I think Rukisa deserves a chance at Captain now that we've seen her Bankai. She's also always been in the shadow of Byakuya (ala her fight with As Nodt) so if she had her own Captains robe and own squad, it could be a way of branching out and stepping away from being "Byakuyas Sister" and have her own identity.

Renji just seems too reckless but that's Abarai for ya.

(New to the Manga so if I might have missed something or say something noobish :/)
Aug 4, 2014 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
Why is Aizen up there? He was a captain, and it doesn't look like he has a chance of redemption. Yoruichi (w.Urahara) are in the same position. Yoru probably wouldn't become captain unless something happens to SoiFon?

I definitely see Hisagi rising in rank so I voted for him. Tousen raised him well.

Not sure if I want to see Ichi as captain, despite the circumstances. He is not a lead type. He is a weapon and has a ton of faith put in him because he's friendly and he's MC powerful. It might end up worse -- he might be more than captain.
Aug 6, 2014 1:12 AM

Feb 2010
astrozombie84 said:

If Ichigo is no longer able to return to the world of the living and he becomes captain commander which would be weird then Shunsui can go back to captain of squad 1.

shakeyourpup45 said:

Not sure if I want to see Ichi as captain, despite the circumstances. He is not a lead type. He is a weapon and has a ton of faith put in him because he's friendly and he's MC powerful.

That what I think about Ichigo.

shakeyourpup45 said:

Why is Aizen up there? He was a captain, and it doesn't look like he has a chance of redemption. Yoruichi (w.Urahara) are in the same position. Yoru probably wouldn't become captain unless something happens to SoiFon?

Well, in my humble opinion, Aizen is still dangerous because he still wants to get to the Soul king's place. He is like Bach. Yoruichi/Urahara is different types. They are not danger to the Soul Society but, as astrozombie84 mentioned, they I don't think want to leave Human world for too long. The same goes for Ichigo's father.
astrozombie84 said:
Their is also Ginjo who is a Shinigami/Fullbringer hybrid.

He is almost like Aizen... does he want destroy Soul Society or... ?

astrozombie84 said:
Anyways point of this thread being who do you think should take over said Captain Positions.

I think Shunsui is good candidate for the Captain commander position. He is willing to sacrifice something for greater good as former used to does.
Ukitake, Urihara and Mayuri would be good too. I think Mayuri would be good because he would sacrifice a lot more than Shunsui.

Renji, Ikakku

They are strong but I don't think they fit for being Captains.

What about Yumichika Ayasegawa? I don't know if he has bankai (captain's requirements) but I think he is strong enough. He is kind of smart so that's why Captain's role fits him more than Renji/Ikakku.
Aug 7, 2016 6:18 AM
Aug 2016
*UPDATE OF CAPTAINS* In the chapter 685 there is a ten year timeskip. its shows new captains including rukia - the captain of sqad 13 and lisa- captain sqad 8, isane - captain squad 4, and Iba. - captain sqad 7

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.