Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 31, 2014 1:50 AM

Nov 2012
I don't even like the series that much but I'm still hell excited! The yaoi that got me into yaoi~ Can't wait for Egoist and Terrorist episodes!
Jul 31, 2014 2:03 AM
Jan 2013
RyouMarufuji said:
Uh always the same yaoi mangaka -__-

Because she is not the same as all the authors. Other authors want Yaoi not shounen Ai, she allow her anime to be censored now because she want all the people to watch it not like the other mangaka.
Jul 31, 2014 2:23 AM

Jun 2013
Frost_Kiss said:
RyouMarufuji said:
Uh always the same yaoi mangaka -__-

Because she is not the same as all the authors. Other authors want Yaoi not shounen Ai, she allow her anime to be censored now because she want all the people to watch it not like the other mangaka.
I have to say that I have no freaking idea what you're trying to say in this response.
Jul 31, 2014 2:28 AM
Jan 2013
YumeHunter said:
Frost_Kiss said:

I have to say that I have no freaking idea what you're trying to say in this response.

The only reason why Nakamura sensei works is getting animated because
Reasons
1) Censored
2) Great stories ( Her art is changed xD)
3) Getting more money.
That's why.
Jul 31, 2014 4:44 AM

Aug 2011
Frost_Kiss said:
YumeHunter said:

The only reason why Nakamura sensei works is getting animated because
Reasons
1) Censored
2) Great stories ( Her art is changed xD)
3) Getting more money.
That's why.

If "great stories" is synonymous to "stories built around rape or sexual harassment" then sure because while in Sekaiichi Hatsukoi I don't think the guy who's the top goes as far as raping him, however sexually harassing the guy he likes, in JR Akihiko goes straight to raping Misaki despite Misaki blatantly refusing anyways. Sounds pretty disgusting to me. I just can't take couples like this seriously. That is not how it would work in real life. The other couples are just a bit more interesting and I might watch this solely for them. There are so many more BL stories that don't use rape as some kind of stupid trope for the two to fall in love with each other and those unfortunately never get a chance. In Love Stage! Ryouma tried to atone for what he did and obviously something like that can't get excused but one thing I like about that show is how they handle matters like that. Izumi did not fall in love with Ryouma by being sexually assaulted by him, he was scared of Ryouma even after Ryouma apologized but decided to give him one more opportunity to prove himself. While I prefer that they had never had that instance of assault in the first place I think it's much better than it falling back to the typical "rape is love" trope.

Anyways like I said there are so many other BL stories that portray healthy relationships that are not this mangaka's (something like Rutta and Kodama is never gonna be adapted, sadly, and well it's not ongoing either so what are the chances) and it's just sad that those never see the light of the day.
Jul 31, 2014 5:10 AM

Jun 2013
Laciie said:
Anyways like I said there are so many other BL stories that portray healthy relationships that are not this mangaka's (something like Rutta and Kodama is never gonna be adapted, sadly, and well it's not ongoing either so what are the chances) and it's just sad that those never see the light of the day.
Rutta to Kodama would've probably had the chance since it was published in Kadokawa Shoten(JR, LS! and Hybrid Child) but it sadly ended. But Kadokawa Shoten also publishes Super Lovers so it should have quite a good chance of getting anime since Hakkenden got an anime adaptation. Though I would love to see GUSH step up and give us anime adaptation of Honto Yajuu since Koi Suru Boukun got an OVA adaptation.
Raina-Jul 31, 2014 5:21 AM
Jul 31, 2014 5:37 AM

Aug 2011
YumeHunter said:
Laciie said:
Rutta to Kodama would've probably had the chance since it was published in Kadokawa Shoten(JR, LS! and Hybrid Child) but it sadly ended. But Kadokawa Shoten also publishes Super Lovers so it should have quite a good chance of getting anime since Hakkenden got an anime adaptation. Though I would love to see GUSH step up and give us anime adaptation of Honto Yajuu since Koi Suru Boukun got an OVA adaptation.

Yeah it's really too bad Rutta to Kodama is such a good example of what the BL genre could be without making rape into a trope. I'm actually amazed something like KSB got an OVA instead of Honto Yajuu. Is KSB more popular??
Jul 31, 2014 5:44 AM

Oct 2009
Ikano said:
I'm surprised.
I thought Sakurai didn't want to be involved in this anymore? (hence one of the reasons a 3rd season never came...)

I don't think those two are related. Sakurai has retired from BL but he's still playing Misaki in any JR sequels cos of contract.
Jul 31, 2014 6:06 AM

Jun 2013
Laciie said:
YumeHunter said:

Yeah it's really too bad Rutta to Kodama is such a good example of what the BL genre could be without making rape into a trope. I'm actually amazed something like KSB got an OVA instead of Honto Yajuu. Is KSB more popular??
Well KSB OVAs came out in 2010 and KSB had already ran for 6 years and Honto Yajuu on the other hand had only ran for 2 years so I do think KSB was more popular back then(but I may be wrong since I don't have any proof). But now KSB is finished and Honto Yajuu is still going strong so it should have one of the best chances of getting an anime adaptation.
Jul 31, 2014 6:33 AM

Aug 2011
YumeHunter said:
Laciie said:

Well KSB OVAs came out in 2010 and KSB had already ran for 6 years and Honto Yajuu on the other hand had only ran for 2 years so I do think KSB was more popular back then(but I may be wrong since I don't have any proof). But now KSB is finished and Honto Yajuu is still going strong so it should have one of the best chances of getting an anime adaptation.

Ah okay that makes sense! Well I'm praying that Honto Yajuu gets an adaptation.
Jul 31, 2014 6:41 AM

Nov 2012
Laciie said:
YumeHunter said:

Ah okay that makes sense! Well I'm praying that Honto Yajuu gets an adaptation.

We are all praying Honto Yajuu gets an adaptation. We don't want any more JugJugs Romantica and its typical yaoi-rape-then-love tropes.

I really hope HY gets an anime...then Kakihara can voice Aki again :D
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Jul 31, 2014 6:53 AM

Jul 2012
@above post:
I don't want to stir up the argument even more, but......No, it's still sexual harassment either way. Even if it felt good for the character, he was still opposed with it. Junjou may be exciting to watch, as a girl, but it's not a proper relationship by any means.

kandiiyuutaamu said:
Umm......if you go on the profile, he is actually a she.
other than that, it really annoys me when no one comments on hating GL anime but is always the BL ones. :(

M'bad. I was gonna use "they" but nah.
Because there are more male otaku than female. Sadly.

Laciie said:
If "great stories" is synonymous to "stories built around rape or sexual harassment" then sure because while in Sekaiichi Hatsukoi I don't think the guy who's the top goes as far as raping him, however sexually harassing the guy he likes, in JR Akihiko goes straight to raping Misaki despite Misaki blatantly refusing anyways. Sounds pretty disgusting to me. I just can't take couples like this seriously. That is not how it would work in real life. The other couples are just a bit more interesting and I might watch this solely for them. There are so many more BL stories that don't use rape as some kind of stupid trope for the two to fall in love with each other and those unfortunately never get a chance. In Love Stage! Ryouma tried to atone for what he did and obviously something like that can't get excused but one thing I like about that show is how they handle matters like that. Izumi did not fall in love with Ryouma by being sexually assaulted by him, he was scared of Ryouma even after Ryouma apologized but decided to give him one more opportunity to prove himself. While I prefer that they had never had that instance of assault in the first place I think it's much better than it falling back to the typical "rape is love" trope.

THIS ^
Jul 31, 2014 7:07 AM

Jul 2012
mk64 said:
So opposed he never complained it about and stated that he was never forced. Uh-uh. Did you actually bother to read?
Also good thing I said the comic plays on a fantasy. Surely you know the point of fantasies is not to be realistic, yes? Doesn't mean that, as fantasies, they are not believable and good.

I've only watched the anime, and he was saying "Stop it!" most of the time. :/ The argument here is that someone claimed that Junjou is considered a great story, which is not. It definitely is a fantasy wish-fulfillment type of anime for us girls but I would not consider it a good story at all.
Jul 31, 2014 7:11 AM

May 2013
phoenixalia said:
Regarding Love Stage!! and the prospect of other BL manga from different mangaka getting animated, I dunno, I mean, you can't just base things on Love Stage!! alone but it looks like it'll be about 1k~1.5k in sales. :/

Less than Sakura Trick volume 1 but that had an event ticket...

It's a bad idea to use Amazon for sales pertaining to things aimed at women, or for things popular with women. We saw this with Free!, UtaPri, KNB and even Haikyuu!!, they were all underestimated because women bought them from stores that were not Amazon.

Love Stage will probably sell terribly though, but it probably will not do 1k sales.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Jul 31, 2014 7:12 AM

Nov 2012

The trope in most BL is: Seme forces uke into a sexual act, be it handjob, blowjob whatever the frack any other weird sexual things are, (usually) at first, the uke is confused and doesn't like it. THEN, maybe one chapter, maybe forty-hundred eight chapters later, the uke falls in love with the guy who forced him into a sexual act. Not necessarily rape, but whatever the hell i mentioned earlier.

Let me tell you; The rape scene in Hyakujitsu no Bara made me uncomfortable. I'm not very squeamish anymore. I don't even flinch at stuff normal people would. But this scene made me uncomfortable. Just like how when a seme forces an uke into doing something makes me a bit uncomfortable. BUT, I'm pretty sure Taki didn't fall in love with Klaus right after he did that. Taki became a bitch. Rightfully so, I guess.

But I stuck with Hyakujitsu. You know why? It has story. I like the characters. the art is stunning.The rape scene was actually kind of apart of Taki's character development, though I didn't like the scene.

That recent scene in Love Stage!! made me a bit uncomfortable. I almost exited the tab I had it open in. But, I dropped the Love Stage!! manga as well...

Its a common trope in this genre, and frankly, JR does it. Its not completely innocent.

I read somewhere that Misaki STILL is iffy about Usagi. I get it; In real life, it takes a freaking long time to love someone. BUT, this isn't real life, this is a BL. No one wants to sit and read or watch some guy not declare his love for four hundred chapters when it is OBVIOUS he does.

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi is a bit better. I like Takano and Ritsu's story the most; They are the only couple I like from SH. And quite frankly, probably the one I like most out of Nakamura's because...well, it's sort of different than the usual 'hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me so we can do it one chapter into the story'

I like Terrorist too. But Nakamura totally forgot she even had that couple. Why make three couples, if you only focus on one?

But then again, I dropped Junjou Romantica MONTHS ago, so I don't know what's going on. I'll watch the new season, but there's no guarantee I'll like it. I just want an anime of Honto Yajuu already. I'm tired of seeing Nakamura's stuff get animated when half her characters look the same and her stories aren't that great.

Even Otokogokoro should get animated. It deserves it. Dat art, and dat fluffiness is too much.

Yes, most BL is aimed toward female fantasy, but the problem here is that Junjou doesn't really have a strong story. It uses lots of sex to fill the gaps. Oh, Misaki, you're angry at me? LET'S HAVE ANGRY BUTTSEX.

And when he is sad, happy or just overall not in the mood as well.
People are just saying they are tired of JR and the common tropes getting animated all the time, and want new, better BL.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please spoiler huge quotes.
VudisJul 31, 2014 9:30 AM

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Jul 31, 2014 7:30 AM

Jul 2012
^ this. Well said.
Pretty much this:
Yes, most BL is aimed toward female fantasy, but the problem here is that Junjou doesn't really have a strong story. It uses lots of sex to fill the gaps. Oh, Misaki, you're angry at me? LET'S HAVE ANGRY BUTTSEX.
Jul 31, 2014 8:09 AM
Jan 2013
mk64 said:
Did you people somehow miss all the musing and reflecting that goes on during the sex scenes?

Anyway, Misaki isn't all that iffy about Usagi-san anymore. And I still stand that it has a strong story; outside of the sex it's the perfect combination of comedy and drama, and I like pace she set for the progress of their relationship, she manages to never make it or her characters unbelievable or uninteresting. Of course this is entirely subjective, but I don't mean this just for the main couple; I like all of Nakamura-sensei's works, including Sekaiichi and its couples, and the other two couples in Junjou too, but since it's only the main couple that gets unfairly attacked it's time that someone set things straight already.

Works get adapted to anime when they sell. I'm sorry, but that's a law of any industry. Love Stage!! is already a weird case and I've been told people are speculating whether it was only made due to the author's family connections to the entertainment industry. I don't know how true that is; other posters have pointed out the anime is doing badly in preorders and the comic doesn't appear in top-selling lists like Nakamura's works do, at least to my knowledge, feel free to prove me wrong. If you hope for your favorite to be adapted, the first thing you should look at is see how much it sells, and don't forget that the Japanese make works for themselves. As Studio Deen writes, Junjou Romantica had already sold more than 3 million copies between Junjou Romantica (the comic) and Junai Romantica (the spin-off novels):

本作「純情ロマンチカ」コミックスと、作品内に登場する妄想小説を具現化させたルビー文庫「純愛ロマンチカ」シリーズも合わせ、現在シリーズ累計300万部を突破!

And the anime was a huge commercial success too, you can find sales data at someanithing.com . I hate to say this, but no studio wants to lose money.

^^ THIS IS THE RIGHT COMMENT
The only reason why junjou romantica is getting animated cuz people in japan love it more than all the BL manga. Makamura sensei story is masterpiece and heartwarming. Do not judge cuz ur fav BL manga didn't get animated.
Jul 31, 2014 8:24 AM

Aug 2011
@mk64: For whatever reason the quote button isn't working for me so I'm just going to address you this way. I remembered it as rape but I guess I was wrong and I apologize for that (that is however not to say that she hasn't used rape in her stories before). Even if it felt good for him, he never consented to it. Not to mention Akihiko did it because he was "angry" or whatever. He still sexually assaulted him. Any sexual activity requires 100% consent before it happens. Also, when I said that "that's not how it works in real life" I meant that one does not typically fall in love/end up dating someone who sexually assaulted or raped them. That doesn't happen in real life, or that I've heard of anyways.

I have read about how these fantasies work and I understand why women have them but I'm sorry it makes me really uncomfortable that the ukes are forced into a sexual situation a lot of the time. I don't deal well with sexual harassment/assault/rape. And again Nakamura HAS used rape before in SH with couple umm. Hatori and Chiaki. In the anime it was portrayed as a kiss but in the novels Hatori raped him.

Alright so I think at this point it mostly comes down to taste, I find SH a lot better than I do JR and that too it's secondary couples more than the main one but ah well. I guess the trope works in the favour of those who have these fantasies but isn't it better to just provide intense sex scenes that aren't forced on the recipent?? Can't consensual sex do the same deed? I'm genuinely curious.

And about sales I understand that and there's nothing I can do. Love Stage!! did rank once when the anime adaptation was announced but I haven't seen it since and I don't expect it to do well :/ sadly. Of course people will animate what does well commercially well, which is why I am really not surprised by her works being adapted time and again.
Jul 31, 2014 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
uhuh....if you really bored/frustrated of why only Nakamura-sensei's manga got adapted to anime then go make petition so your fav titles get animated :/ too much fuss already. Sorry if i offend anyone tho ( for i am grateful to any BL manga get animated/get new season due to the situation/location i lived in)

Jul 31, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2012
Frost_Kiss said:
mk64 said:
Did you people somehow miss all the musing and reflecting that goes on during the sex scenes?

Anyway, Misaki isn't all that iffy about Usagi-san anymore. And I still stand that it has a strong story; outside of the sex it's the perfect combination of comedy and drama, and I like pace she set for the progress of their relationship, she manages to never make it or her characters unbelievable or uninteresting. Of course this is entirely subjective, but I don't mean this just for the main couple; I like all of Nakamura-sensei's works, including Sekaiichi and its couples, and the other two couples in Junjou too, but since it's only the main couple that gets unfairly attacked it's time that someone set things straight already.

Works get adapted to anime when they sell. I'm sorry, but that's a law of any industry. Love Stage!! is already a weird case and I've been told people are speculating whether it was only made due to the author's family connections to the entertainment industry. I don't know how true that is; other posters have pointed out the anime is doing badly in preorders and the comic doesn't appear in top-selling lists like Nakamura's works do, at least to my knowledge, feel free to prove me wrong. If you hope for your favorite to be adapted, the first thing you should look at is see how much it sells, and don't forget that the Japanese make works for themselves. As Studio Deen writes, Junjou Romantica had already sold more than 3 million copies between Junjou Romantica (the comic) and Junai Romantica (the spin-off novels):

本作「純情ロマンチカ」コミックスと、作品内に登場する妄想小説を具現化させたルビー文庫「純愛ロマンチカ」シリーズも合わせ、現在シリーズ累計300万部を突破!

And the anime was a huge commercial success too, you can find sales data at someanithing.com . I hate to say this, but no studio wants to lose money.

^^ THIS IS THE RIGHT COMMENT
The only reason why junjou romantica is getting animated cuz people in japan love it more than all the BL manga. Makamura sensei story is masterpiece and heartwarming. Do not judge cuz ur fav BL manga didn't get animated.

'The only reason JR is getting animated is because people in Japan love it.' That doesn't mean it's good. Look at Twilight. It got, what, 4 movies? It's no where near good. Just because something sells well, doesn't mean it's good. But that is based on opinion.

I'm not judging because my favorite manga didn't get animated. I'm judging because JR doesn't have a very strong story/characters. I know when something has a strong story and characters. I'm a writer-in progress.

I remember, not necessarily as rape, but Usagi did force Misaki into it, correct? Again, I will have to re-read that chapter. Didn't Misaki not consent to it? If memory serves correctly, Usagi pinned Misaki down onto his bed, and Misaki didn't look like he enjoyed it very much.

And to Laciie, Someone else wrote the novel for Chiaki and Hatori, if I remember correctly. I think Nakamura only did the art. But she still had a say whether or not she wanted that rape scene in it. That scene made me dislike that couple. I liked Hatori, but that scene sealed the deal.

Again, why do most yaoi use the trope of 'force into love'? Why can't the seme be polite, kind and not overly aggressive? Every single yaoi I read, the seme is super angry, aggressive and is never polite to the uke. Out of all the yaoi I've read (and that's A LOT), Ueda from Honto Yajuu isn't aggressive unless someone hurts Aki. Endo too, wasn't overly aggressive to Hiriki either. He was bit rude, but not to him.

Overall, you like JR, I don't. I'm tired of the usual force into love trope. It's always about opinions, so you can't do much with that.

Jul 31, 2014 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
aisoka said:
uhuh....if you really bored/frustrated of why only Nakamura-sensei's manga got adapted to anime then go make petition so your fav titles get animated :/ too much fuss already. Sorry if i offend anyone tho ( for i am grateful to any BL manga get animated/get new season due to the situation/location i lived in)
Petitions have never worked and they most likely never will.
Jul 31, 2014 9:34 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed some spam and baiting.
Take care not to insult others during arguments. It doesn't help the discussion but will rather make it evolve into a flame war which we really don't need.
Jul 31, 2014 9:58 AM

Aug 2011
aisoka said:

Trust me in my first post I said mentioned that I am grateful for more LGBTQ+ rep (especially this year, wow!), I just wish that they would take chances and look at other rather successful BL manga after Nakamura's works. Variety is nice.
Jul 31, 2014 10:21 AM
Jan 2013
SnazzGary said:

'The only reason JR is getting animated is because people in Japan love it.' That doesn't mean it's good. Look at Twilight. It got, what, 4 movies? It's no where near good. Just because something sells well, doesn't mean it's good. But that is based on opinion

Then why the hell all the people are buying it? They are wasting there money for shit or what. I never bought any BL manga other than Sekaiichi Hatsukoi & Junjou romantica.

I'm not judging because my favorite manga didn't get animated. I'm judging because JR doesn't have a very strong story/characters. I know when something has a strong story and characters. I'm a writer-in progress

That's why it's getting 3rd season. We, Junjou romantica fan can't do anything to you. If you don't like it, Please don't come to this treat.

I remember, not necessarily as rape, but Usagi did force Misaki into it, correct? Again, I will have to re-read that chapter. Didn't Misaki not consent to it? If memory serves correctly, Usagi pinned Misaki down onto his bed, and Misaki didn't look like he enjoyed it very much.

And to Laciie, Someone else wrote the novel for Chiaki and Hatori, if I remember correctly. I think Nakamura only did the art. But she still had a say whether or not she wanted that rape scene in it. That scene made me dislike that couple. I liked Hatori, but that scene sealed the deal

Just now I checked your list and I've seen you've watched much of rape anime. Why you didn't complain about then. Why you are complaining only the rape which Nakumura sensei does?? You are against her rape or what??

Again, why do most yaoi use the trope of 'force into love'? Why can't the seme be polite, kind and not overly aggressive? Every single yaoi I read, the seme is super angry, aggressive and is never polite to the uke. Out of all the yaoi I've read (and that's A LOT), Ueda from Honto Yajuu isn't aggressive unless someone hurts Aki. Endo too, wasn't overly aggressive to Hiriki either. He was bit rude, but not to him

So just because your favorite BL characters are not strict, that means all the seme characters who are strict are bad? All the mangaka fave a taste in Seme and Uke. They are going according to the story.

Overall, you like JR, I don't. I'm tired of the usual force into love trope. It's always about opinions, so you can't do much with that.

Okay, you don't like JR but why you are watching it then?? Why you are in this treat? Why you are planning to watch the 3rd season? You are getting disgusted while seeing they raping each other but why you are forcing yourself?? The way how you talk in this treat show us that you hate it very much and you feel like something which I don't even know what is it. Like I said, I checked your list....You score it 6/10 which means fine, but your review of JR say something else and you yourself scored your own review 9/ 10
Let me collect these info, In this treat you hate junjou romantica, you score it 6/10 in your list but in your review it was scored 9/10. That show us that you don't know if you like JR or no.

And this note if for all the people who have problem because JR got 3rd season
> This treat is ONLY for people who love JR. Most of us are here only because we are celebrating cuz our BL love is back. We cannot help you if you really have problem. Do not throw your shits here please and I'm sorry if I said something wrong.
Frost_KissJul 31, 2014 10:27 AM
Jul 31, 2014 10:32 AM
Jan 2013
mk64 said:
Frost_Kiss said:
I never bought any BL manga other than Sekaiichi Hatsukoi & Junjou romantica

Ah, same here. Other stuff is nice to read but not really worth my money, I'm not rich so I'm only going to spend it on the works I really care for. I bought the japanese raws and I hope the rumors about a publisher finally (finally!) licensing it in my country are true...

Oh! That's cool. xD I want to buy Hybrid child as well. :3 BUT I FATHER WILL NOT GIVE ME ANY MONEY T^T
Jul 31, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
Frost_Kiss said:
SnazzGary said:

Then why the hell all the people are buying it? They are wasting there money for shit or what. I never bought any BL manga other than Sekaiichi Hatsukoi & Junjou romantica.

That's why it's getting 3rd season. We, Junjou romantica fan can't do anything to you. If you don't like it, Please don't come to this treat.

Just now I checked your list and I've seen you've watched much of rape anime. Why you didn't complain about then. Why you are complaining only the rape which Nakumura sensei does?? You are against her rape or what??

So just because your favorite BL characters are not strict, that means all the seme characters who are strict are bad? All the mangaka fave a taste in Seme and Uke. They are going according to the story.

Okay, you don't like JR but why you are watching it then?? Why you are in this treat? Why you are planning to watch the 3rd season? You are getting disgusted while seeing they raping each other but why you are forcing yourself?? The way how you talk in this treat show us that you hate it very much and you feel like something which I don't even know what is it. Like I said, I checked your list....You score it 6/10 which means fine, but your review of JR say something else and you yourself scored your own review 9/ 10
Let me collect these info, In this treat you hate junjou romantica, you score it 6/10 in your list but in your review it was scored 9/10. That show us that you don't know if you like JR or no.

I changed my scoring but not my review. I totally forgot I even had a review. My views have changed, since I wrote that review like what, months ago?

I can watch anime whether I like the show or not. It's called being a critic.

Most of the shows I watch are rape-flled? Like what? Boku no Pico? I didn't give BnP a freaking 9. I gave it like, a 3 or something. That shows I didn't enjoy it. Please, do tell what all in my list is rape-filled. I'm pretty sure I don't watch/read that much, and if I do, i rate it low.
It's called exploring. I am a critic. I can only think of 1 thing that has rape in it, and I read that for laughs because of how horrible the story was, hence why I scored it so low.

Plus, not much Boys' Love gets animated, and Love Stage!! isn't bad, but it isn't great either...

I can come to this thread if I want. I have an opinion about it getting a 3rd season, so I can voice my opinion, correct? Isn't that what forums are for?

I hope to God that the 3rd season doesn't have an forcing scenes. I don't hate JR. I just dislike it. I hate Sword Art Online, not Junjou Romantica. Hence, why I am not watching Sword Art Online 2.

I dislike JR, not hate it. I haven't updated my reviews to match what I think now. I have changed a lot of scores, but not the reviews, because I totally forgot I even had any reviews, since I don't do them much anymore.

I am also watching the 3rd season, hoping that it gets better.

And about the seme thing; How many yaoi have you read (if any) that have seme that are like what I listed? How many have you read that are not like that? The ukes annoy me to; Always being effeminate. ( But I don't like burly yaoi either). They need to change it up a bit. It's like western YA novels; The boyfriends are always swag-fag douche bags, and the girls are okay with it. There was even a story where a guy slapped the girl, and the girl did nothing and never spoke of it again. That's not attractive.

Sorry, but I just don't like the story, characters, nor the art. Pointy and square chins, huge ass hands and weird proportions.

Jul 31, 2014 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
Maybe i should try watching that show …
Jul 31, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2011
mk64 said:
All the novels written about Nakamura Shungiku's works (Junai Romantica, Yokozawa Takafumi no Baai, Yoshino Chiaki no Baai) are written by Misako Fujisaki.

Ah, that's interesting. I do like Yokozawa Takafumi no Baai it's really cute. Whenever the movie becomes available I'll watch it because that series I like quite a bit. But of course Nakamura had a say in the content, yes? In that case, that rape scene was really unnecessary (actually, when is it necessary? it never is) and I heard that a lot of Japanese readers didn't like that either.
Jul 31, 2014 10:52 AM
Jan 2013

I changed my scoring but not my review. I totally forgot I even had a review. My views have changed, since I wrote that review like what, months ago?

What do you mean by that? First you love JR and then you suddenly dislike it. What is this??? Tom and Jerry or what? :O

I can watch anime whether I like the show or not. It's called being a critic

Of course you can. I do the same it but I never made fun of the series or start saying that the series was good and then suddenly become Horrible.

Most of the shows I watch are rape-flled? Like what? Boku no Pico? I didn't give BnP a freaking 9. I gave it like, a 3 or something. That shows I didn't enjoy it. Please, do tell what all in my list is rape-filled. I'm pretty sure I don't watch/read that much, and if I do, i rate it low.
It's called exploring. I am a critic. I can only think of 1 thing that has rape in it, and I read that for laughs because of how horrible the story was, hence why I scored it so low.

Oh please you watched Enzai and you score it 7.

Plus, not much Boys' Love gets animated, and Love Stage!! isn't bad, but it isn't great either...

And that why most of us was happy because something BL came. But from your comments, most of them became mad.

I can come to this thread if I want. I have an opinion about it getting a 3rd season, so I can voice my opinion, correct? Isn't that what forums are for?

I hope to God that the 3rd season doesn't have an forcing scenes. I don't hate JR. I just dislike it. I hate Sword Art Online, not Junjou Romantica. Hence, why I am not watching Sword Art Online 2.

Yes, but not in a bad way. Like "Why this got 3rd season and that other didn't got"

I dislike JR, not hate it. I haven't updated my reviews to match what I think now. I have changed a lot of scores, but not the reviews, because I totally forgot I even had any reviews, since I don't do them much anymore.

I am also watching the 3rd season, hoping that it gets better

All these words you said and then you suddenly said "You just dislike?"
They are just continuing from where did the 2 season stopped. And I'm sure you will dislike.

And about the seme thing; How many yaoi have you read (if any) that have seme that are like what I listed? How many have you read that are not like that? The ukes annoy me to; Always being effeminate. ( But I don't like burly yaoi either). They need to change it up a bit. It's like western YA novels; The boyfriends are always swag-fag douche bags, and the girls are okay with it. There was even a story where a guy slapped the girl, and the girl did nothing and never spoke of it again. That's not attractive.

Sorry, but I just don't like the story, characters, nor the art. Pointy and square chins, huge ass hands and weird proportions.

Listed?? What did you list?
You hate everything about JR. But still you want to watch it. I really don't know what to say anymore.

mk64 said:
Frost_Kiss said:

Oh! That's cool. xD I want to buy Hybrid child as well. :3 BUT I FATHER WILL NOT GIVE ME ANY MONEY T^T

Hybrid Child I'd really like to have too but I haven't seen in stands yet, and I can order from Japan only every once in a while. Maybe in the (hopefully) near future.

NYU! I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE OVA KYAAAAAAA
Jul 31, 2014 10:54 AM
Jan 2013
Laciie said:
]I heard that a lot of Japanese readers didn't like that either

That's why they made a movie. Studio deen is wasting there money or what?
Jul 31, 2014 11:02 AM
Jan 2013
mk64 said:
Frost_Kiss said:

That's why they made a movie. Studio deen is wasting there money or what?

No, she's talking about the Yokozawa no Baai movie, though interestingly I read that Chiaki and Hatori are the only couple to get a sex scene in there.

Yes, I know this.
Jul 31, 2014 11:12 AM

Dec 2008
I'm glad to see more yaoi anime, but there are TONS of other BL/Shounen-Ai/Yaoi mangas that are WAY better than the Junjou Romantica series that deserve to be animated.
Jul 31, 2014 11:15 AM
Jan 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
I'm glad to see more yaoi anime, but there are TONS of other BL/Shounen-Ai/Yaoi mangas that are WAY better than the Junjou Romantica series that deserve to be animated.

The other BL mangaka doesn't want there Yaoi manga to be animated. You should be happy cuz we got something at least and it's that OVA xD
Jul 31, 2014 11:19 AM
Jan 2013
mk64 said:
Frost_Kiss said:

Yes, I know this.

Sorry! Looks like I completely misread your comment then. :p

It's okay x3
Jul 31, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2012
gawd, i just need to watch it *-*
As long as I'm on your mind, so long beside you is my heart.
~Frau
Jul 31, 2014 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
Frost_Kiss said:
Hannah_Ana said:

The other BL mangaka doesn't want there Yaoi manga to be animated. You should be happy cuz we got something at least and it's that OVA xD
What are you even talking about? Please tell me how you would know that other BL mangaka's don't want their manga get animated. Also it's the publisher that usually decides what manga/LN gets animated.
Jul 31, 2014 2:06 PM

Nov 2012
Frost_Kiss said:

What do you mean by that? First you love JR and then you suddenly dislike it. What is this??? Tom and Jerry or what? :O

I can watch anime whether I like the show or not. It's called being a critic

Of course you can. I do the same it but I never made fun of the series or start saying that the series was good and then suddenly become Horrible.

Oh please you watched Enzai and you score it 7.

And that why most of us was happy because something BL came. But from your comments, most of them became mad.

Yes, but not in a bad way. Like "Why this got 3rd season and that other didn't got"

I am also watching the 3rd season, hoping that it gets better

All these words you said and then you suddenly said "You just dislike?"
They are just continuing from where did the 2 season stopped. And I'm sure you will dislike.

Listed?? What did you list?
You hate everything about JR. But still you want to watch it. I really don't know what to say anymore.

mk64 said:

Hybrid Child I'd really like to have too but I haven't seen in stands yet, and I can order from Japan only every once in a while. Maybe in the (hopefully) near future.

NYU! I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE OVA KYAAAAAAA
[/spoiler]

I contemplated on it a bit, re-watched it/reread, and realized that it's not as good as I thought. Views can change. I can go from loving something, to realizing it's not all that great. It happens.

How is saying that it's bad making fun of it? Do tell.

Its half and half. Some are mad because JR is getting yet another season. Some are happy about it.

Yes, I dislike it. I can rant about it, but it doesn't mean I hate it. Do you not understand?

How is asking how it got another season bad? I'm voicing my dislike for it. Not everyone is going to be happy.

Uh, no. Having a third season doesn't mean I'll dislike it. If it continues the way it did, then yes I will. If it changes and actually doesn't focus on the sex, then I will enjoy it more. Shows can have horrible first seasons, and the seasons after it could be better, or worse.

Oh my god, did you read what I said? How semes are always angry, aggressive, etc? That's what I meant by listed.

Again, I don't hate it. I dislike it. I only like Miyagi and Shinobu, but then again, they aren't great characters either. They don't even get enough screen time, so they just fly straight out the window.
Enzai actually has plot. I still dislike the sex, but it had actual plot. Without the sex, I would have given it a 7.6

Mod Edit: fixed quote
VudisAug 3, 2014 3:30 AM

Jul 31, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
will pass definitely not into yaoi.
Jul 31, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
CreamyKagarin said:
I don't even like the series that much but I'm still hell excited! The yaoi that got me into yaoi~ Can't wait for Egoist and Terrorist episodes!

I hope they both get more screen time (especially Egoist)
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Aug 1, 2014 2:49 AM

Aug 2011
mk64 said:
Well, this interview: http://blog.screenweek.it/2013/11/lucca-2013-yonezou-nekota-ci-rivela-che-le-era-stato-proposto-di-realizzare-lanime-di-mousou-elektel-305655.php to Nekota Yonezou when she visited a con in my country says she turned down an animation offer (studio unknown) as apparently there were too many problems.

Yonezou Nekota is one of many BL mangaka though, and I believe there are many mangaka not just BL who refuse anime adaptations. By the way Frost_Kiss was phrasing it, it made it seem like no BL mangaka with the exception of Nakamura want an anime adaptation of their manga.

Shame Yonezou Nekota turned down the offer though! I would've loved an anime adaptation of Elektal Delusion.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MellowJelloAug 1, 2014 3:06 AM
Aug 1, 2014 3:01 AM
Jan 2013
@MK64: Did you watch the PV of Hybrid child? :O
Aug 1, 2014 3:08 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned of the last page.

Keep in mind that this forum is an open discussion. Negative and positive opinions are both allowed.

If you're offended of someone else's opinion, then I'd suggest you *cough* find some way of tolerating it.
Aug 1, 2014 3:14 AM
Jan 2013
mk64 said:
Frost_Kiss said:
@MK64: Did you watch the PV of Hybrid child? :O

Yes and damn it looks amazing! I'm sure it'll be absolutely beautiful!!

OMG!! THEY LOOK SO HOT. That will be the new art on Junjou romantica. I CAN'T WAIT.
I downloaded it as well x3
Aug 1, 2014 7:30 PM
Feb 2014
posting in the forums (and reading the posts) is actually something i meant NOT to do here, and this is my second post already, but i just really gotta say something.

mk64 said:

ooh they reflect during sex! so. fricking. what?! not just nakamura, but so many authors (and obviously readers) are ok with just musings and reflections, and i really can't understand HOW. where the hell is the talking? when do they properly communicate their feelings and what's on their mind to their partner? without dialogue it's literally just The Seme forcing his feelings on The Uke and sexually harassing him until The Uke comes to terms with it because gee in the end The Seme is just such a nice guy and loves him so much! how could he not end up falling in love?!

but if anybody replies they'll probably just say something like "they DO talk! The Seme keeps saying how much he loves The Uke and then The Uke admits he kinda sorta feels something for him!" or maybe even "they're so in sync they don't need these discussions! just the Musing and Reflecting™ and the love making are enough!" so meh.

i'm not trying to stop you from liking your hot yaois. i'm just saying you should stop twisting things and just accept that yes that IS sexual harassment and you just don't give a damn about it, as long as they're in love in the end. like, really, don't say something is not sexual assault when it is. this is a very serious issue.
Aug 1, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
^ THIS. Preach it, yes. I like watching Junjou as much as any other fujoshi but it's pretty fcked up honestly and isn't a regular relationship.
Aug 2, 2014 3:30 AM
Jul 2011
Yes, finally!

But I do wish to see more of Junjou Mistake's Isaka and Asahina. teehee!
Aug 2, 2014 6:16 AM

May 2013
mk64 said:

mayukachan said:
Isn't a regular relationship.

Yeah, it's much, much better. Misaki is happy and this is not me saying this, he says so many times if you read/listen (it's been a while since I watched the anime but I can link you to the manga, if you need it), and I wish I could have a love like that too. I'm the same as this woman:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/25/magazine/25desire-t.html?pagewanted=all

[...]Meana has learned too from her attempts as a clinician to help patients with dyspareunia. Though she explained that the condition, which can make intercourse excruciating, is not in itself a disorder of low desire, she said that her patients reported reduced genital pain as their desire increased. The problem was how to augment desire, and despite prevailing wisdom, the answer, she told me, had “little to do with building better relationships,” with fostering communication between patients and their partners. She rolled her eyes at such niceties. She recalled a patient whose lover was thoroughly empathetic and asked frequently during lovemaking, “ ‘Is this O.K.?’ Which was very unarousing to her. It was loving, but there was no oomph” — no urgency emanating from the man, no sign that his craving of the patient was beyond control[...]

It's not a normal relationship. Normally you are not molested the first time you meet someone. Normally you do not fall in love with someone who fucks you despite you saying 'no' multiple times, which is the most annoying thing in any of her shit. Oh yeah, so much better, nothing I want more than a man who doesn't respect my wishes. That's awesome.

Asking repeatedly for one thing is a whole different spectrum than just not giving a fuck and going and doing what you want to someone despite them repeatedly telling you to stop.

I mean, if you're happy with being raped, hey, more power to you, enjoy your kink, but they do not have the 'average' homosexual relationship. They don't have the average heterosexual relationship either and it sure isn't better than the average either.

You're probably going to respond with something like 'well his thoughts said differently!', I don't care. It's not exactly uncommon to like physical stimulus despite who's doing it cause that's just how your body is, but Misaki still protests to shit Usagi does and that's where the problem is.

Anyway, you can reply all you want. I have no interest in a talking to someone who honestly defends molesting someone as 'romantic' somehow.

Mod Edit: Removed some profanity.
VudisAug 3, 2014 3:40 AM
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Aug 2, 2014 6:55 AM

Feb 2014
Why do a lot males watch this? I mean are they gay (In a not offensive way)? I couldn't even get past the title preview of the anime XD
LOL
Aug 2, 2014 7:51 AM

Nov 2012
Phanolo said:
Why do a lot males watch this? I mean are they gay (In a not offensive way)? I couldn't even get past the title preview of the anime XD

That's a stupid question. Some guys like to watch boys' love. Not all of them are gay.

Just like how some girls like girls' love. Doesn't mean they are lesbian.

But I understand you are just curious, little one.

Aug 2, 2014 8:03 AM

Feb 2014
SnazzGary said:
Phanolo said:

That's a stupid question. Some guys like to watch boys' love. Not all of them are gay.

Just like how some girls like girls' love. Doesn't mean they are lesbian.

But I understand you are just curious, little one.

Haha! It just feels wierd watching it XD.
LOL
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.