Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2009 11:50 AM

Jan 2008
Just discovered this movie, but havent seen it yet: Toki o kakeru shôjo (1983)

Info I found elsewhere, contains spoilers:

Kazuko Yoshiyama, a third-year junior high school student is cleaning the school science lab with her classmates Kazuo Fukamachi and Gorō Asakura, when she smells a lavender-like scent and faints. After three days, strange events transpire around Kazuko, including the burning of Gorō's house after an earthquake. The next morning, at the exact moment of a car accident, Kazuko is transported 24 hours into the past.

She relives the day and relates her strange experience to Kazuo and Gorō. They don't believe her at first, but they are convinced when she accurately predicts the earthquake and ensuing fire. Fukushima-Sensei, their science teacher, explains Kazuko's new ability is called "teleportation" and "time-leap", and to solve the riddle of her power she must leap back four days.

Finally, Kazuko's determination enables her to make the leap. Back in the science room she meets a mysterious man who has assumed her friend Kazuo's identity. He is really "Ken Sogoru", a time-traveler from AD 2660. His intersection with the girl's life is the accidental effects time-leaping drug. Ken remains for a month and Kazuko falls in love with him. When he leaves, he erases all memories of himself from everyone he's met, including Kazuko.

As the book ends Kazuko has the faint memory of somebody promising to meet her again every time she smells lavender.

Cover:

Interesting, eh?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 28, 2009 1:27 AM

Nov 2007
I heard that for the 4th time, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo is going to have a movie, and the one who voiced the heroine is going to act out herself. It will release on March 2010.

Source

The source referred the animated movie is the "second time". I wonder which version is the third time...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 10, 2009 7:04 PM

Oct 2009
ah I want to see that movie , also the 1997 film >.< , and the drama (though the drama seems to be the boring one) and about that last post.................ACK! a new one?! >.< I hope that one gets to usa or something >.<
Mar 19, 2010 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
how many live movies are there? o.O

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo Discussion (GO WATCH THIS) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - May 11, 2007

502 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 24, 9:59 AM

» plot hole

Algazero - Nov 10, 2010

18 by Khashishi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:15 PM

» The Painting

itz_lelouch - Mar 12, 2023

5 by waalex11 »»
Apr 1, 2023 4:42 AM

» Awkward/Funny Scene

Rand_al-Thorfinn - Aug 26, 2022

5 by omen- »»
Sep 13, 2022 4:19 AM

» When is Chiaki actually from

iamhim - Nov 9, 2020

3 by Tsunamii_ »»
Aug 1, 2022 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.