Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2012
Here I am again! Being excited for the season 2 launch of Space Dandy this Saturday I decided to do a full episode marathon. But on my search through the interwebs I stumbled upon some interesting information.

This isn't exactly breaking news but I just learned about it. Supposedly on Twitter the Japanese animator for space dandy wrote how he didn't like the English dubs and he preferred subs. He stated that "important" information was lost in translation.
Here is a link for a website about the tweets-

http://geektyrant.com/news/japanese-animator-trashes-english-dub-of-space-dandy-on-twitter

I have personally watched a few subs and all the season 1 dubs but the series didn't seem like anything but random to me?

So I was wondering if any one has actually noticed a major difference in the dubs and subs? And possibly which exact episodes or points in the series?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 19, 2014 9:39 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
I wouldn't say it's bad. It's a helluva lot better than most dubs these days.
Aug 22, 2014 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
Nah, I actually heard the OPPOSITE of that many saying the dub version is funnier... an example being when qt prints out the piece of paper and English dandy say " I cant read circles" where as Japanese dandy just says "I cant read this". It seems like the dub crew did very well with bringing over the "original" material and adding funny content to otherwise mundane dialogue.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Create Your Own Toonami Lineup!

Kokiri-Kid - Sep 22, 2013

32 by CyrahOmega »»
Mar 8, 2:04 PM

» Toonami marathons

jonnjonzz - Oct 12, 2017

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Oct 12, 2017 7:27 PM

» What anime would you like to see added to the Toonami lineup in the future? ( 1 2 )

Groz - May 28, 2012

93 by GrinfilledCelt »»
Mar 8, 2016 1:45 PM

» How are the ratings?

JetFury - Mar 29, 2015

4 by JetFury »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:52 AM

» Weekly Toonami Episode Guide (2015)

Kokiri-Kid - Jan 1, 2015

9 by Kokiri-Kid »»
Feb 28, 2015 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.