Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2009 6:19 AM

Oct 2008
OMGOMGOMG

SO.
it seems Michael Jackson's Bad (the critically acclaimed one shot we all know and love) does NOT have its own entry anymore.
This is blasphemy! I demand a blow job!

Give me an explanation please someone
Oct 5, 2009 6:31 AM

Oct 2008
he won't help us now. it's up to the mods :(
Oct 5, 2009 6:38 AM

Aug 2007
Sorry guys. Once its been compiled into a Tank, its merged. I won't get its own entry again.

Oct 5, 2009 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
PLANET OF THE JAPS...

Please tell me more ^_^
Oct 5, 2009 4:07 PM

Oct 2008
Aarana said:
Sorry guys. Once its been compiled into a Tank, its merged. I won't get its own entry again.
ok ;_________________________________;
Oct 5, 2009 5:58 PM

Aug 2007
where to read Michael Jackson's bad?
Oct 5, 2009 6:06 PM

Jun 2008
I'm depressed now.
Oct 10, 2009 12:18 AM

Aug 2007
The funny thing is that the merger dropped this manga's score from 8 to 5.
Oct 10, 2009 3:50 PM

Aug 2007
Here are the reviews for the one-shot:
tehnominator said:
Date: May 4, 2009
Overall Rating: 3
64 of 93 people found this review helpful
----------
Bad.

Michael Jackson's Bad can be interpreted in two ways: one, is that the title is trying to imply that Michael Jackson is bad, or two, it is a manga based off the hit pop song "Bad" by Michael Jackson. Perhaps the latter is most accurate.

If so, the story of this manga makes a little more sense. Knowledge of the song and music video would be great enlightenment as well. No, the song was not about Japanese school boys terrorising one another, and no the music video did not feature graphic violence, but what will make sense is why anyone would think that Michael Jackson has the capacity to be a rough around the edges juvenile delinquent. That old music video didn't fool anyone, but this manga might!

Getting right into it, there is no story. This manga is two pages long and it jumps right into a scene where a teenage Michael in his gakuran is waving around a bat and screaming at a bunch of other students. Then strange things happen that involves noses falling off faces, though it does not happen because of botched nose jobs.

The artwork is pretty realistic depicting Michael but it shows very little skill otherwise for the backgrounds or the people who are being weirded out in the sidelines. Then the proportional issues arise, and you notice things like Michael's mouth and eyes looking extremely sloppy (keep in mind this is the 1980s Jackson, not the one we know today). The effects are flat and the simplicity of the art style does not work in correspondence to the violence.

As for the character? It's Michael, or at least a caricature of him. And you know what? He's bad, he's bad, come on, you know it... Ahem.

The character presented to us in this manga is no doubt modelled after the ex-prince of pop music (take a look at the nose), but is he anything like MJ? In the one shot, we have a viciously aggressive high school student who appears to have serious problems. From what can be gathered, it appears that we caught him in the middle of a massive freak out after being teased by the other students. So what does he decide to do? Beat the crap out of them viciously. And then he spins around like a tornado and spins his body parts right off his face. Right... Obviously this character was not meant to be taken seriously. Is it a symbol? Social commentary about what has happened to Michael Jackson? Is it humorous or a cheap shot at "Wacko Jacko"? Who can tell, but what can be said is that the characters in this manga are terrible.

In short, having no coherent storyline (and a rather pointless story at that), mediocre art, and a character that makes about as much sense as solar powered flashlight, Michael Jackson's Bad is, well, pretty bad. Is it entertaining, though, is up to the reader. Some may get a kick out of it.

Cha'mon, Japan.
kilmindaro said:
Date: May 3, 2009
Overall Rating: 4
41 of 64 people found this review helpful
----------
A wondefrul masterpiece about violence and it's uses in today's society.

The story follows Michael Jackons as he meets couple of japanese school boys and he teaches them valuable lessons of life before meeting his dreadful fate as he dies from what it seems explosion from a small explosive device planted in his head by undercover CIA agents that are really mind controlled by aliens from Proxima 7 which are at war with nearby galactic empi-

no, I can't do this. I can't think of any bullshit to make this steaming piece of bullcrap even look like worthy reading. The story is bad. Art is bad. Characters are bad. Enjoyment is bad. This redefines bad. Nothing ever was so bad as this. It's so bad that bad doesn't look as bad as bad it sounds. I've never felt so bad in my life like after reading this. Overall this mango is bad and you should feel bad.

And vote (4) bad.
BigSimo said:
Date: May 5, 2009
Overall Rating: 10
24 of 38 people found this review helpful
----------
I don't know what the other reviewers were smoking, but this most definitely does not deserve its current rating.

This one shot is one hell of a fucking shot, starring the one and only Michael Jackson, as he puts on an incredible performance for two pages. This next sentence contains spoilers, I suggest you take the time (5 - 10 seconds) and read the one shot before proceeding.
The first page has him talking to himself, then has him talking to a bunch of school dudes about who the fuck cares. And on the second page he proceeds to break it down, turning into a mini tornado before having his head explode. THE END.
Wow. What a story. The creative genius that came up with this deserves to be praised to no end.

The art. Well what can I say? The detail on big MJ is superb. He looks like the real thing - well, before he turned into a complete retard and shed his black skin, leaving behind the pale, sickly, child-abusing evil beneath. The second-last frame in particular highlights the obvious skill of the artist.

The characters. WHO CARES? FUCKING MICHAEL JACKSON. What more could you want? President Obama? No, fuck you.

Enjoyment doesn't need explaining. I was thoroughly entertained. If you aren't/weren't, go to a doctor or something, and get diagnosed with your brain tumor which you obviously have.

Overall, the greatest thing since Michael Jackson, and that's saying a fucking lot.

edit: lol he's dead. Guess he took after this one shot.
BadLuckTuckxL said:
Overall Rating: 5
10 of 20 people found this review helpful
----------
Despite my score, Michael Jackson's Bad is probably one of the randomest pieces of crap that you just HAVE to see for, how do the kids say?, for the LULZ~

The story...what story? It's two pages of MJ saying how bad he is, involving eye popping and other random disembodiments. The art was okay, I gave a 10 for character because it's freaking MICHAEL JACKSON. That made it funny, you'll find it funny.

Overall, it was a stinky piece of dog sharts, but it was still freaking awesome. Remember kids--FO' TEH LULZ. Just count your lucky, lucky stars that MJ didn't molest any youngins in this volume...

...or is it in Michael Jackson is REALLY bad*?!?!?!?!?

*=I was kidding, no, they aren't making this...that I know of...
arcspartan said:
Date: Jun 28, 2009
13 of 33 people found this review helpful
----------
Everything is superb!

Story: WHO NEEDS ONE? All we need is the King of Pop talking and some random shit exploding.

Art: The best part of the one-shot. One can see the extreme detail, especially in the second page.

Character: MJ is awesome. His lines are so cash.

Enjoyment: IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY THERE, AT THE FRONT ROW!

Overall: WHY SO AWESOME?

BECAUSE MICHAEL JACKSON'S IN IT, IN HIS FIRST FORM NO LESS.

I wouldn't care if it was his final form either. It doesn't matter if he's black or white.
Nov 8, 2009 8:12 PM

May 2009
Why are the reviews 100X longer than the manga?

Don't recommend me something that is still publishing, unless its close to being finished. Don't recommend me anything that isn't licensed.
Nov 9, 2009 3:28 PM

Aug 2007
Forgot one:
Darkii said:
0 of 0 people found this review helpful
----------
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME

WHO'S BAD

FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME
FUCKING AWESOME

:D
The breaks are guesses since this review was quickly deleted.
Apr 28, 2010 6:47 AM

Aug 2008
Gesicht said:
Why are the reviews 100X longer than the manga?

They found a Deep Sense in this manga.
Jul 31, 2015 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
Sigh... Why is ANYONE looking for a meaning in a 2-page long oneshot... And from Suehiro Maruo, no less! The artist was making fun of mj. Simple. No meaning, no 'artsy-ness', no deep story, no nothing. He didn't want to draw perfectly, & he didn't want to write a whole story about someone he's about to make fun of. Seriously, when you wanna make fun of someone, do you draw them beautifully? Of course not! (At least I don't)
Remember when mj was still alive and everyone used to make fun of him? That's when. Now that he's dead it's suddenly a crime to make fun of him... bullcrap.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin National Kid Chapter 2 Discussion

SwimminglyDone - Mar 3, 2016

1 by ZetaZaku »»
Jul 18, 2016 3:20 PM

Poll: » Shin National Kid Chapter 17 Discussion

0 by SwimminglyDone »»
Mar 3, 2016 4:41 PM

Poll: » Shin National Kid Chapter 16 Discussion

0 by SwimminglyDone »»
Mar 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Poll: » Shin National Kid Chapter 9 Discussion

0 by SwimminglyDone »»
Mar 3, 2016 4:24 PM

Poll: » Shin National Kid Chapter 6 Discussion

0 by SwimminglyDone »»
Mar 3, 2016 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.