Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2014 11:34 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah so I was planning to watch this since I'm getting impatient with the remake of Fate/stay night. So I was wondering if I can understand the show since some characters from Tsukihime are present here. I haven't played the vn and there is no anime but I did play Melty Blood though. Although it was in Japanese so I have no idea what was happening. So can I watch this without getting that confused?
Jun 27, 2014 11:40 PM

Aug 2008
If you have played Melty for at least half an hour, you have enough introduction for this series.

In other words, all you need to appreciate this animation is to recognize faces and perhaps have a one-dimensional impression or an idea of what to expect from some. The entire animation is a glorified collection of 4-koma style gags, and there is no deep meaning to miss or significant references outside of some of those made with F/SN characters.

In all likelihood, it was designed for someone like you and with emphasis on the more successful TM works (but still with a proper homage to the others). A very worthwhile watch, nonetheless.
DeseradaJun 27, 2014 11:49 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Jun 27, 2014 11:46 PM

Oct 2013
Wait is Melty Blood and Melty Blood Act Cadenza two different games?
Jun 27, 2014 11:48 PM

Aug 2008
-Riptide- said:
MBAC and MBAA (Current Code) are two successive generations of Melty Blood, yes.
Jun 27, 2014 11:48 PM
Aug 2012
-Riptide- said:
Yes.
Jun 27, 2014 11:52 PM

Oct 2013
Damn. I only played Melty Blood Act Cadenza. Does that mean I won't understand some stories in this anime?
Jun 27, 2014 11:54 PM
Aug 2012
-Riptide- said:
Damn. I only played Melty Blood Act Cadenza. Does that mean I won't understand some stories in this anime?
I think it would be more enjoyable if you had already played the VN before watching.
Jun 28, 2014 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
Gekishin said:
-Riptide- said:
I think it would be more enjoyable if you had already played the VN before watching.

Oh too bad. guess I'll have to read the vn first before watching this show. Damn and I already watched the first episode.
Jun 28, 2014 12:06 AM

Oct 2013
Deserada said:
If you have played Melty for at least half an hour, you have enough introduction for this series.

In other words, all you need to appreciate this animation is to recognize faces and perhaps have a one-dimensional impression or an idea of what to expect from some. The entire animation is a glorified collection of 4-koma style gags, and there is no deep meaning to miss or significant references outside of some of those made with F/SN characters.

In all likelihood, it was designed for someone like you and with emphasis on the more successful TM works (but still with a proper homage to the others). A very worthwhile watch, nonetheless.

Oh didn't your edit there at first. Maybe I'll just do some wikia reading in regards to Tsukihime and the characters then watch this show.
Jun 28, 2014 12:06 AM

Aug 2008
-Riptide- said:
Gekishin said:

Oh too bad. guess I'll have to read the vn first before watching this show. Damn and I already watched the first episode.
The only intricate references to anything are within F/SN. There shouldn't be any problem.

If you know what Arcueid and Neco-arc look like, that should be enough. The representations they make of these characters are so one dimensional that you could discern their mannerisms simply by looking at them. See my original post, I edited in some more useful information along the same lines.

Edit: Ninja'd. The wikia is amazing.
Jun 28, 2014 12:23 AM

Oct 2013
Deserada said:
-Riptide- said:

The only intricate references to anything are within F/SN. There shouldn't be any problem.

If you know what Arcueid and Neco-arc look like, that should be enough. The representations they make of these characters are so one dimensional that you could discern their mannerisms simply by looking at them. See my original post, I edited in some more useful information along the same lines.

Edit: Ninja'd. The wikia is amazing.

Yeah thanks for the info. Off to watching this show. Thanks for answering my queries by the way. Greatly appreciated.
Jun 28, 2014 3:32 AM

Sep 2013
There are a number of Tsukihime references (quite a lot actually) and honestly, I think the wikia is a mess, but overall most jokes should still work. You should have no problem watching this, even without having played Tsukihime, although some parodies will be lost on you. If you have a gist of the characters and their personalities, you're good to go.

Edit: Btw, never watch the Tsukihime anime. It's a load of crap and there are too many who wish it never existed.
CapsuleCoreJun 28, 2014 3:38 AM
Mar 27, 2016 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
CapsuleCore said:
There are a number of Tsukihime references (quite a lot actually) and honestly, I think the wikia is a mess, but overall most jokes should still work. You should have no problem watching this, even without having played Tsukihime, although some parodies will be lost on you. If you have a gist of the characters and their personalities, you're good to go.

Edit: Btw, never watch the Tsukihime anime. It's a load of crap and there are too many who wish it never existed.

http://z2.ifrm.com/10702/60/0/p1008035/hisuisays_enhanced.gif

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Dec 31, 2011

141 by AYINLC »»
Feb 23, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Dec 31, 2011

63 by Apreggi »»
Feb 16, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Dec 31, 2011

46 by Apreggi »»
Feb 16, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Dec 31, 2011

96 by Apreggi »»
Feb 16, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Carnival Phantasm Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Oct 28, 2011

97 by Apreggi »»
Feb 16, 7:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.