Forum Settings
Forums

[Retracted] Director Takahata Isao Officially Announces New Ghibli Film

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 1, 2009 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
2 simple words:

CANT WAIT
Oct 1, 2009 5:45 PM
Oct 2009
Hi Folks,

I'm one of the admins at Asian Movie Pulse and yes the article is old news but was only recently activated by one of our writers (activation date was entered wrong - sorry!). The post did make out like it was the latest news but in fact this was announced back in August by GhibliWorld.

Since then i have in fact spoken with Ghibli regarding this and there are no updates as of yet - although 2010 is a realistic date.

Now according to Peter (GhibliWorld) the film will be based on Taketori Monogatari but not actually called Taketori Monogatari.
Oct 1, 2009 5:46 PM

Nov 2007
sounds good

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Oct 1, 2009 8:10 PM

Oct 2007
Yay for ghibli.. boo for it being a isao takahata movie D: im not a huge fan of his stuff
Oct 1, 2009 10:19 PM

Mar 2009
can't wait to watch ^^ Ghibli is awesome!
Oct 2, 2009 1:37 AM

Apr 2008
Looking forward to seeing new material from my favorite anime director.
Oct 3, 2009 11:11 AM
Oct 2009
This is Peter van der Lugt, GhibliWorld.com editor-in-chief. As this is turning in quite a typical story, I thought I'd post a comment here. I've seen numerous sites misinterpreting the news we brought last August (http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#1208). It's like you tell one person a story, that person tells another, and that person tells another, and so on and so on. And what happens? The story changes! As always, people just need to read things properly.

Our news post mentioned the following:
With Miyazaki's latest film Ponyo being only two days away from a relatively wide release in the US, news on a new feature by Studio Ghibli's other animation master, director Takahata Isao, is brought.
Takahata's last film, My Neighbors the Yamadas, was released no less than 10 years ago, but the maestro of animation realism is finally to return with a new full length animated feature. Last Friday, one day after being awarded with an Honorific Leopard by his friend and director Michel Ocelot and while giving his public speech at Locarno International Film Festival, Takahata mentioned the film he is working on is based on the 10th century Japanese folktale Taketori Monogatari (The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter).

And next to that I added some background info. Now where does this say this is an official announcement by the studio? Or a release date? Or a title? It says "Takahata mentioned the film he is WORKING on is BASED on the 10th century Japanese folktale Taketori Monogatari" and definitely does NOT say "Takahata officially announced his new film will be released in 2010 and is called Taketori Monogatari". Anyway, I'll probably be publishing an official post about this on GhibliWorld.com as I don't want people thinking we're spreading incorrect news (that was unfortunately done by Asian Movie Pulse).
Kajino_POct 3, 2009 1:31 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
35 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.