Forum Settings
Forums

[Retracted] Director Takahata Isao Officially Announces New Ghibli Film

New
Oct 1, 2009 3:45 AM

Feb 2008
According to Holywood Reporter, Takahata's remark at Locarno Festival is not an official announcement of Studio Ghibli.

Source: Hollywood Reporter
#==========================================================
According to Asian Movie Pulse, anime director Takahata Isao announced Studio Ghibli's new film "Taketori Monogatari (The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter)". It will be premiered in 2010.

Suzuki Toshio mentioned the new movie last August in his Podcast program. Takahata will adopt the art style of Choju Giga, a Japanese classical picture scroll (so called the oldest manga).

Source: Asian Movie Pulse

Taketori Monogatari is a Japanese classical fairytale.
Tale of the Bamboo Cutter on English Wikipedia
dtshykOct 1, 2009 4:31 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 1, 2009 3:54 AM

Feb 2008
Nice, I like Kaguya Hime-manga and Ceres supposedly also are inspired by it so seing yet another different approach to the story will be interesting. Ghibli seldom dissapoints so I don't doubt that it will be good.
[fancy signature here]
Oct 1, 2009 3:57 AM
Mar 2009
CrystalFalls said:
This is really old news.

See "12th of August, NEW WORK BY GHIBLI DIRECTOR TAKAHATA ISAO IN THE MAKING":
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

Well, the news team only just found it, so get over it.

I will want to see this.

Oct 1, 2009 4:10 AM

May 2009
Ghibli - yes!
Oct 1, 2009 4:11 AM
Mar 2009
CrystalFalls said:
They also made several mistakes. It's Asian Movie Pulse, not Asian Movie Plus. Takahata didn't announce any date, so 2010 is Asian Movie Pulse's invention. According to Hollywood Reporter, Studio Ghibli said it is not an official announcement.

This is a very unreliable source.

Could you post sources for your information so that this news post can be amended then please? We don't want to spread incorrect information, now do we?

Oct 1, 2009 4:12 AM
Jun 2008
Takahata Isao is still alive? o_O
Oct 1, 2009 4:15 AM
Mar 2009
CrystalFalls said:
chinlamp said:
Could you post sources for your information so that this news post can be amended then please? We don't want to spread incorrect information, now do we?

Please read my messages. I posted the sources. GhibliWorld.com and Hollywood Reporter.

Could you post links then? Or do you expect the news team to trawl through those sites to find what you're talking about?

Oct 1, 2009 4:18 AM

Feb 2008
chinlamp said:
CrystalFalls said:
They also made several mistakes. It's Asian Movie Pulse, not Asian Movie Plus. Takahata didn't announce any date, so 2010 is Asian Movie Pulse's invention. According to Hollywood Reporter, Studio Ghibli said it is not an official announcement.

This is a very unreliable source.

hmm, seem like there goes a quotation paradox. Eiga.com reports it as if it's an official announcement. I'll search around more.
so,
Suzuki Toshio's remark -> (misunderstanding) -> Ghibli.com -> Asian Movie Pulse "Takahata announced ..." -> Eiga.com -> Japanese news websites "Ghibli officially announced..."
dtshykOct 1, 2009 4:23 AM
Oct 1, 2009 4:25 AM

Feb 2008
CrystalFalls said:
dtshyk said:

hmm, seem like there goes a quotation paradox. Eiga.com reports it as if it's an official announcement. I'll search around more.

That is wrong. Eiga.com specifically reports there is no official announcement.

http://eiga.com/buzz/20091001/2
しかし、スタジオジブリからの公式発表はまだ行われていない。

Then
Asian Movie Pulse said:
Isao Takahata, Studio Ghibli co-founder and director (Grave of the Fireflies, Only Yesterday, My Neighbors The Yamadas) has made the very exciting announcement that he will be directing ...

edited
Alright, I found Hollywood reporter's article. It's not official.
is the origin of the mistake? I cannot find Ghibliworld.com's source. Thanks, CrystalFalls.
dtshykOct 1, 2009 4:30 AM
Oct 1, 2009 4:57 AM

Jan 2009
woahh..Ghibli..
haven't watch since Howl's Moving Castle.

Oct 1, 2009 5:21 AM

Apr 2009
Suzuki Toshio mentioned the new movie last August in his Podcast program. Takahata will adopt the art style of Choju Giga, a Japanese classical picture scroll (so called the oldest manga).

Sweet!!
Oct 1, 2009 5:25 AM

Jul 2008
Yey, I'm really waiting for to this ! :D

Oct 1, 2009 6:52 AM

May 2009
Retracted? That sucks...
Oct 1, 2009 7:23 AM

May 2009
Sadface at the retraction, but there'll probably be an official announcement soon, and Ghibli films are super, so hurray.
Oct 1, 2009 7:27 AM

May 2008
Well i guess i will give that a go ^^ since its Ghilbli
Oct 1, 2009 10:21 AM

Feb 2009
TsukikageRan said:
Ghibli - yes!
No!!! I hate Ghibli :/
Oct 1, 2009 12:12 PM

May 2008
tehnominator said:
Takahata Isao is still alive? o_O

lmao

THeMooN said:
TsukikageRan said:
Ghibli - yes!
No!!! I hate Ghibli :/

that's okay.... pedobear Totoro will visit you in the night and set you straight.

I am a banana.
Oct 1, 2009 12:29 PM

Nov 2007
At least there's a possible news about new Ghibli movie.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 1, 2009 1:16 PM

Oct 2007
yes another new Ghibli film XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2009 5:23 PM

Mar 2008
I read the news it seems technically Ghibli has NOT been named as the producer...YET.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Oct 1, 2009 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
2 simple words:

CANT WAIT
Oct 1, 2009 5:45 PM
Oct 2009
Hi Folks,

I'm one of the admins at Asian Movie Pulse and yes the article is old news but was only recently activated by one of our writers (activation date was entered wrong - sorry!). The post did make out like it was the latest news but in fact this was announced back in August by GhibliWorld.

Since then i have in fact spoken with Ghibli regarding this and there are no updates as of yet - although 2010 is a realistic date.

Now according to Peter (GhibliWorld) the film will be based on Taketori Monogatari but not actually called Taketori Monogatari.
Oct 1, 2009 5:46 PM

Nov 2007
sounds good

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Oct 1, 2009 8:10 PM

Oct 2007
Yay for ghibli.. boo for it being a isao takahata movie D: im not a huge fan of his stuff
Oct 1, 2009 10:19 PM

Mar 2009
can't wait to watch ^^ Ghibli is awesome!
Oct 2, 2009 1:37 AM

Apr 2008
Looking forward to seeing new material from my favorite anime director.
Oct 3, 2009 11:11 AM
Oct 2009
This is Peter van der Lugt, GhibliWorld.com editor-in-chief. As this is turning in quite a typical story, I thought I'd post a comment here. I've seen numerous sites misinterpreting the news we brought last August (http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#1208). It's like you tell one person a story, that person tells another, and that person tells another, and so on and so on. And what happens? The story changes! As always, people just need to read things properly.

Our news post mentioned the following:
With Miyazaki's latest film Ponyo being only two days away from a relatively wide release in the US, news on a new feature by Studio Ghibli's other animation master, director Takahata Isao, is brought.
Takahata's last film, My Neighbors the Yamadas, was released no less than 10 years ago, but the maestro of animation realism is finally to return with a new full length animated feature. Last Friday, one day after being awarded with an Honorific Leopard by his friend and director Michel Ocelot and while giving his public speech at Locarno International Film Festival, Takahata mentioned the film he is working on is based on the 10th century Japanese folktale Taketori Monogatari (The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter).

And next to that I added some background info. Now where does this say this is an official announcement by the studio? Or a release date? Or a title? It says "Takahata mentioned the film he is WORKING on is BASED on the 10th century Japanese folktale Taketori Monogatari" and definitely does NOT say "Takahata officially announced his new film will be released in 2010 and is called Taketori Monogatari". Anyway, I'll probably be publishing an official post about this on GhibliWorld.com as I don't want people thinking we're spreading incorrect news (that was unfortunately done by Asian Movie Pulse).
Kajino_POct 3, 2009 1:31 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 7 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
29 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Stardew »»
33 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.