Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 4, 2014 11:37 PM

May 2014
So I was on a forum full of spoilers for Clannad a few years back, And like the dumbass i am read most of them so I know most of the "sad" parts that happen but since Clannad is rated so high I'm planning on giving it a shot is it worth it?
Jun 4, 2014 11:38 PM

Apr 2014
It's not really worth it but it's your choice.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jun 4, 2014 11:42 PM

Oct 2013
It's a good show and surely is sad, so I'd say you can watch it if you want. I feel it's not all that special though to where I'll re-watch it.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jun 4, 2014 11:42 PM

Aug 2012
It's good but it's always overhyped. Don't watch it while expecting to shed buckets of tears.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
Jun 4, 2014 11:44 PM

May 2014
Guess I'll pass show sounds like it sucks.
Jun 4, 2014 11:44 PM
May 2014
I consider Clannad one of the best shows I've ever watched. The emotional scenes are moving even after repeated watches. The details and the animation are also very well done. I think it is important to watch the story from the beginning so that you get to know the characters and know them well.
Jun 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Apr 2014
Kazataro said:
Guess I'll pass show sounds like it sucks.

You can only say that if you've watched it. There are two clannad groups. One group are the people who loved it and then you have the other group that hated it. There really is no answer to this because there's going to be different opinions and you'll be confused in the end.
Jun 4, 2014 11:50 PM

Mar 2014
No. Just skip it and go to After Story.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 4, 2014 11:53 PM

Apr 2014
StrawberryRain said:

DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET

Jun 4, 2014 11:55 PM

May 2014
TobiOrNotTobi said:
StrawberryRain said:

DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET

So tempting, guess I'll give the first few episodes a shot.
Jun 5, 2014 12:12 AM
Oct 2011
different things evoke emotional responses depending on the person. Some people will find X sad and Y not that sad while others while think vice versa. Also your own mood while watching things can contribute greatly to the feels you get when you watch something.

As for me, I thought Clannad was amazing at making me cry, and even after repeated rewatches knowing exactly what will happen I still tear from it. Even watching a 5 minute scene from it on youtube can make me teary. Also basically the same OST played during every sad scene so just by listening to that piece without any graphics can bring the feels for me now.

I thought the end to the Fuuko arc(first arc) was amazing, I could not stop myself from crying for a solid 2 minutes. So I would suggest you watch up to at least there if you are giving it a shot.
Jun 5, 2014 12:54 AM

Apr 2014
The show spoonfeeds you "emotional scenes", with the exasperated piano playing in the background, and every character is crying uncontrollably without any real substance to their emotional development. Clannad is wildly overhyped.
Jun 5, 2014 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Moved.
Jul 23, 2014 1:37 AM

Jan 2014
Kazataro said:
So I was on a forum full of spoilers for Clannad a few years back, And like the dumbass i am read most of them so I know most of the "sad" parts that happen but since Clannad is rated so high I'm planning on giving it a shot is it worth it?

I also thought the same.
I actually didn't find Clannad is an interesting anime, but since it rated so high and my friend also recommend me to watch this, so I giving it a shot.
so far I made it until eps 8 season 1, still, I can't find any interesting in here (until current episodes I already watched).
what I always thought is "ah, some pointless story, how can ghost or maybe just a dream from someone sleeping in hospital can physically contact to normal people around her" and then I thought "why not Tomoya tell to the teacher straight forward about Fuko existence in their daily life, maybe it would solve their problem faster".

and yeah, I admit there's some scene where it touch my heard and I feels like maybe I would cry if I'm in that situation.
Jul 25, 2014 4:31 PM
Dec 2013
Abyhape said:
snip

You would honestly tell someone you see a spirit/apparition of their comatose daughter? I find that somewhat hard to believe. It's hard enough to speak your mind to people you know, but to speak your mind to a stranger takes a bit more 'cojones'.

Maybe you could text/mail someone such a story, but face-to-face? That's rough.

As for solving the 'problem' faster. I think that is a moot point. I urge you to try and not apply logic to these kinds of situations because they would simply ruin your immersion into the story. I and I'm sure many others are aware that there are ways to confirm the ghost's identity through family photos, descriptions, etc. however that would be missing the point of the story.

I'd suggest going further, because to be quite honest... the first 8 or so episodes are slow and not very engaging. I have watched Clannad + Afterstory about 4 times now and I loved every minute of it only after I completely finished it the first time. The character development and feeling throughout both seasons grabs you, or at least it did for me.

With that said... some things will grab you more than others. If you don't like it, then that's fine. Personal taste always differs. Some people swear to Angel Beats, but I didn't enjoy it at all.

My 2c.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

443 by Creepyy »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nodoka-koi - Nov 22, 2007

193 by Creepyy »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
Apr 19, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.