Available on Manga Store
New
May 21, 2014 9:25 AM

Apr 2014

Any thoughts?

Mod Edit: Changed spoiling title.
VudisJun 4, 2014 9:37 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
Gary29May 21, 2014 3:27 PM
May 21, 2014 3:35 PM
Apr 2013
well yeah. after volume 8., they finally engaged., but ise still don't know What is going on.. and in volume 10 they become lover.. well u know Rias's Brother in season 2, while he having private chat with just issei, he want to call him oni-san, haha.. i think they definitely getting married, well cheers for Oppai Dragon and Switch Princess..
May 22, 2014 1:31 AM

Dec 2013
@blackwolf you know that you should have used spoiler tag. Thank GOD i already finished DxD LN available in bakatsuki

but i think Issei is gonna marry all the girls in his harem list, although
May 22, 2014 10:26 PM

Apr 2014
Gary29 said:

That all makes sense. Thanks for the input.

Royalknightftw said:
@blackwolf you know that you should have used spoiler tag. Thank GOD i already finished DxD LN available in bakatsuki

but i think Issei is gonna marry all the girls in his harem list, although

Well it'll be obvious that that is going to happen, but I'm confused about the chess piece system. Will Ise marry all of them? If so, will he make Rias a Queen or something?
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

May 23, 2014 12:03 AM

Dec 2013
@malikis
Ok, this is just pure speculation. I don't think Rias would become Issei's queen because she still has her own pieces but she will keep living in Hyoudou residence and so will akeno and others. So Issei is gonna have both harem from his evil pieces and hyoudou residence. And yes, he will marry them all. I can't even imagine how many kids he will have, he will probably create a new race of humanoid dragon
May 23, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2013
Marrying them all and making them his servants are two different things. The only three people who are confirmed to be traded over to Ise are...

...when he becomes a High-class Devil.

A lot of people assume that Ise would just make Rias and her peerage into his own peerage, but that doesn't really make sense. Then what would be the point of Rias having her own peerage at all? They'd all just become Ise's servants. Aside from the three mentioned above, I think Ise's going to have several non-ORC members in his peerage. It'd help with battles as well; twice the manpower (still hoping for Kuroka and Le Fay to join his peerage). Plus the Rating Games. Can't forget those. Ise and Rias both have goals for the Rating Games, and once he helps her become Champion he'll enter with his peerage to attain some titles as well.
Gary29May 23, 2014 7:41 AM
May 23, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
Gary29 said:
Marrying them all and making them his servants are two different things. The only three people who are confirmed to be traded over to Ise are...

A lot of people assume that Ise would just make Rias and her peerage into his own peerage, but that doesn't really make sense. Then what would be the point of Rias having her own peerage at all? They'd all just become Ise's servants. Aside from the three mentioned above, I think Ise's going to have several non-ORC members in his peerage. It'd help with battles as well; twice the manpower (still hoping for Kuroka and Le Fay to join his peerage). Plus the Rating Games. Can't forget those. Ise and Rias both have goals for the Rating Games, and once he helps her become Champion he'll enter with his peerage to attain some titles as well.

In one of the volumes, I read that Asia and Xenovia want to trade over to Ravel...

No thanks on Ravel btw. She is useless other than tactics. Also, if Le Fay joins, Ise will rape everyone.

Royalknightftw said:
@malikis
Ok, this is just pure speculation. I don't think Rias would become Issei's queen because she still has her own pieces but she will keep living in Hyoudou residence and so will akeno and others. So Issei is gonna have both harem from his evil pieces and hyoudou residence. And yes, he will marry them all. I can't even imagine how many kids he will have, he will probably create a new race of humanoid dragon

As long as Ise and Rias get married, I'm happy lol.
~ Malik

May 23, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
malikis2cool said:

In one of the volumes, I read that Asia and Xenovia want to trade over to Ravel...

No thanks on Ravel btw. She is useless other than tactics. Also, if Le Fay joins, Ise will rape everyone.

Lol what? I think you misread that. Asia and Xenovia want to trade over to Ise, and so does Ravel.

Tactics is the one important thing Ise lacks in though. He definitely needs her. Besides, we've never seen her fight other than when she scorched Balance Breaker Ise and Raiser in volume 13(which is already significant considering she doesn't fight nor train). Also, Ise already rapes everyone lol.
May 23, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
Gary29 said:
malikis2cool said:

Lol what? I think you misread that. Asia and Xenovia want to trade over to Ise, and so does Ravel.

Tactics is the one important thing Ise lacks in though. He definitely needs her. Besides, we've never seen her fight other than when she scorched Balance Breaker Ise and Raiser in volume 13(which is already significant considering she doesn't fight nor train). Also, Ise already rapes everyone lol.

That was one of those moments where the author wanted to add something funny. If she actually shot fire at him, he wouldn't feel it.
~ Malik

May 23, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
malikis2cool said:

That was one of those moments where the author wanted to add something funny. If she actually shot fire at him, he wouldn't feel it.

I'm not so sure about that last part...

[The fire of the immortal bird Phoenix can also leave a scratch on the scale of Dragons. It isn’t a good idea to continue being hit by at.]

Of course, it was a comedic scenario, and she wouldn't be able to significantly harm him, but it's still impressive considering she never fights or trains.
Gary29May 23, 2014 1:27 PM
May 23, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2014
I just want my damn season 3
May 23, 2014 7:21 PM

Dec 2013
@Gary I definitely agree Ravel will be very useful in Rating Game. The only fire attack which can hurt Issei is from dragon and phoenix clan which means Ravel is quite strong
@Maliki Don't you worry about rias and issei :)
@Zak Count me in
May 23, 2014 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
Uh I thought its been pretty obvious, since even the second anime. Did you miss the part where Sizrechs, aka the Maou, aka the leader of all the devils, says Issei why don't you call me oniichan. Or how Rias' dad and Issei's parents hit it off. Or how about Azazel's speech to Issei in front of all the leaders about baby making with Rias, everyone just chuckled. Do you honestly think if their union was not guranteed and approved, a new born devil from humans no less would be allowed to make those kind of comments in public, he would be executed.

I think since pretty much the battle between Issei and Raizer most people held Issei as the de facto groom.

Also as Royal said, Issei's pieces will be separate from his wives, as I suspect Ophius will be a bride, but due to her nature would be barred from the rating games, plus Issei has a few other potential brides who are not devils either.
May 23, 2014 11:29 PM

Mar 2014
Isn't Issei's life fun?
// I don't remember which volume this is from. //
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
May 24, 2014 1:16 AM

Dec 2013
@xanic ah if i am not mistaken it's from SS vol 15 when milicas came into hyoudou residence. Beowulf and the rest of sirzechs's group call issei "Waka" (young master)
May 24, 2014 1:22 AM

Mar 2014
@Royalknight

Volume 5, Hellcat of the Underworld. When he is getting tutoring.
(I'm re-reading them all, even though I just finished them once. I don't want to miss out on important details.)
But is it in a SS as well? Interesting.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
May 24, 2014 1:41 AM

Dec 2013
@xanic Oh yeah you are right i forgot that one. You haven't reached vol 15??
May 24, 2014 1:49 AM

Mar 2014
@Royalknightftw
I think I read that one around 2am last night. Must have forgotten the important things. *sigh*
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
May 24, 2014 1:59 AM

Dec 2013
@xanic It's time to reread the whole series then LOL :)
May 24, 2014 2:06 AM

Mar 2014
@royalknightftw
exactly what I am doing. XD
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
May 24, 2014 2:56 PM
Mar 2010
Gary29 said:

So when he does become a high class devil we will finally get to see the cardinal crimson king? I hope so, just have to wait for god knows how many more volumes until we get to that point....... oh wait god is dead : P
May 24, 2014 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
DarklingNinja said:

So when he does become a high class devil we will finally get to see the cardinal crimson king? I hope so, just have to wait for god knows how many more volumes until we get to that point....... oh wait god is dead : P

He'll most likely become a High-class Devil after the current incident is over with. Maybe even Ultimate-class. Then we'll have the Shiva arc to enjoy Ise as King with his own peerage.
May 24, 2014 4:52 PM

Apr 2014
I'm on volume 14 and I really don't want to finish the series. What am I supposed to do with my life once it's done?
~ Malik

May 24, 2014 10:06 PM

Mar 2014
@malikis2cool

Re-read it. You can pick-up on some of the things you missed last time.
Also, some of the jokes get more amusing the second time to me. :3
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
May 24, 2014 10:24 PM

Dec 2013
@maliki Finish it, so you will feel the agony of waiting for season 3 and vol17 (the translated one) as i do :)
@xanic Haha, one of the best ones is Ddraig's reaction when The Great Red said " Zoom zoom Iyaaan" as he flew back to the Dimension Gap
May 24, 2014 10:46 PM

Mar 2014
@Royalknightftw

I FEEL THAT AGONY BRO! (I couldn't help but read the translated Life. 0 though...)

Oppai Dragon references from the dragons. I feel really bad for Ddraig and Albion. :(
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
May 25, 2014 12:47 AM

Dec 2013
@xanic But funny as hell :) Man, i would like to see that part animated someday
May 25, 2014 12:52 AM

Mar 2014
@Royalknightftw
Definitely funny as hell.

I just read the last Short Story on volume 8. That basically confirms they will get married / are married (Depending on the meaning of the ceremony.)
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
May 25, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2014
My favorite parts are the ones where Ise says Rias's name and Akeno's name for the first time to them.
~ Malik

May 26, 2014 2:01 AM

Dec 2013
@maliki Yeah it was nice too. But Rias and Akeno's expression when Issei
was quite nice. Somehow i was moved by their strong love for Issei
May 26, 2014 2:37 AM

Mar 2014
@royalknightftw
Ahh. The beautiful Onee-Sama's overflow of emotion :')
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
May 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Apr 2014
Royalknightftw said:
@maliki Yeah it was nice too. But Rias and Akeno's expression when Issei
was quite nice. Somehow i was moved by their strong love for Issei

Well the reaction is obvious for when he
. But when he says their names, it's pretty enjoyable.
~ Malik

May 27, 2014 10:20 PM

Sep 2013
That book is just full of shit writing.
May 27, 2014 10:29 PM

Jun 2013
Issei is already past the point where any rating game boost like Cardinal King would matter to him. His "parents" are the confirmed 1 and 3 of the DxD universe. The only real thing keeping him from being a top ten character is experience and plot at this point.

Also I am just going to throw this out there, "God and maybe Maou being dead might be ruse". Think about it, it was their death that cause the 3 largest factions in the world to make peace, it would be the perfect way to troll everyone if at the end of the series God and maybe the original Lucifer pop out and say that went according to plan. Even bigger trolling if God was also secretly the breast god at the same time.
May 28, 2014 5:51 AM

Aug 2013
It's more experience than plot, as Ise is already not that far off from the lower-levels of the top 10.

I still like the idea of Mil-tan being the God of the Bible.
May 28, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2013
I agree with you Gary, the only thing that keep issei from Top Ten strongest in DxD is his experience although i still doubt if issei can fight one on one and win against Loki at this time.

Nah, the Gof of the bible is playing blackjack with his son in Vegas :D
May 29, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
I can never remember exactly where it happened whenever this conversation comes up, but

edit: found it. Vol.10 Life 1
edit2: spoiler note; season 2 ended at Vol.4, this scene is a ways down the road, if you'd prefer to avoid reading it
NinjaDustMay 29, 2014 6:21 PM
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
May 30, 2014 3:31 AM

Dec 2013
You realized in Vol 13 SS, Issei got
May 30, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
lol!

wow... googled it before hitting "post" and it turns out I got the anglicization right :P

edit.... but managed to misspell google as goggle
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
May 31, 2014 7:29 PM

Jun 2013
Royalknightftw said:
I agree with you Gary, the only thing that keep issei from Top Ten strongest in DxD is his experience although i still doubt if issei can fight one on one and win against Loki at this time.

Loki? I seriously doubt Loki is in the top ten. I mean honestly speaking my top ten are:

DxD, 666, Hindu God with sunglasses, Ophius, the ultimate devils, and the evil dragons.

I don't mind any of the depicitions of God in any works or the ridiculous butchering of Christianity, even in things like Index and Eva, who cares. But if God was Mil-tan, Isebumi would deserve to be stoned to death.
Jun 1, 2014 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
krownklown said:

I don't mind any of the depicitions of God in any works or the ridiculous butchering of Christianity, even in things like Index and Eva, who cares. But if God was Mil-tan, Isebumi would deserve to be stoned to death.

That's a little harsh, considering it was a joke :P Ishibumi would never do that. Although it would make sense if Mil-tan was Chichigami (he DID say he tried going to another dimension to become a magical girl)
Jun 1, 2014 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
Gary29 said:
krownklown said:

That's a little harsh, considering it was a joke :P Ishibumi would never do that. Although it would make sense if Mil-tan was Chichigami (he DID say he tried going to another dimension to become a magical girl)

Im sorry but Mil tan makes me cry tears of blood. Although I would have to give him some credit, that would honestly be one of the biggest trolls of all time.
Jun 1, 2014 8:47 PM

Dec 2013
krownklown said:
Royalknightftw said:

Loki? I seriously doubt Loki is in the top ten. I mean honestly speaking my top ten are:

DxD, 666, Hindu God with sunglasses, Ophius, the ultimate devils, and the evil dragons.

What i meant to say is Issei right now cannot be put in top 10 due to his lack of battle experience, his CCQ is also unstable and seriously he still needs some improvements in many areas
Jun 3, 2014 12:03 AM

Jun 2013
Royalknightftw said:
krownklown said:
Royalknightftw said:

What i meant to say is Issei right now cannot be put in top 10 due to his lack of battle experience, his CCQ is also unstable and seriously he still needs some improvements in many areas

To be fair to Issei, Isebumi completely screwed him over, as soon as he gets the upgrade to full dragon and helps turn the tide in the battle, D draig goes to sleep and he hasn't had him since, at least not through 15 from what I remember.
Jun 3, 2014 5:03 AM

Apr 2014
mg021 said:
I can never remember exactly where it happened whenever this conversation comes up, but

edit2: spoiler note; season 2 ended at Vol.4, this scene is a ways down the road, if you'd prefer to avoid reading it

It would be great if Isse marries them all. But, as long as he marries Rias and Akeno atleast, I don't care.
~ Malik

Jun 3, 2014 5:51 AM

Jun 2013
malikis2cool said:
mg021 said:

It would be great if Isse marries them all. But, as long as he marries Rias and Akeno atleast, I don't care.

As has already been stated, even the girls own mother approves of the harem, not to mention Rias has at least agreed to share with Asia, and clearly the MC in this show wants harem, I mean its as clear cut as a show can be to end in harem, without having the ending in sight.
krownklownJun 4, 2014 5:35 AM
Jun 3, 2014 8:22 AM

Dec 2013
krownklown said:
Royalknightftw said:
krownklown said:
Royalknightftw said:

To be fair to Issei, Isebumi completely screwed him over, as soon as he gets the upgrade to full dragon and helps turn the tide in the battle, D draig goes to sleep and he hasn't had him since, at least not through 15 from what I remember.

Are you sure that's the case ??, Ddraig was asleep not for so long. He woke up when Issei was about to fight grendel . I even think it's a good thing for Ddraig to hibernate, because we were shown that Issei has new ability called Dragonification.
Jun 3, 2014 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
It'll be a true harem ending. Ishibumi already confirmed that.

krownklown said:

Ddraig was resting for about.. a couple weeks? 1.5 volumes plus the Onsen and Ophis side-stories, and he woke up once it was time to face Grendel.
Jun 4, 2014 5:40 AM

Jun 2013
Im not update on the last few novels, so I didn 't know if he woke up yet, although through the vampire arc I want to say he was asleep.

In any case Issei is now the "son" of Big Red - #1 in the DxD verse, and Ophius - former #2, maybe #3 now, and arguably could have challenged for #2 if her power had not been stolen. I honestly think at full power DxD beats 666 and Ophius at full power, who wins between a full power Ophius and 666, who knows. Plus he has ddraig in him, so he should be a lot stronger that what we have seen so far.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.