Forum Settings
Forums

Manga/Novels/Games that deserve anime adaptations/remakes.

New
May 16, 2014 4:28 AM

Feb 2014
There are still quite a few Manga/Novels/Games out there that deserve to have their stories told via anime adaptations or some that maybe deserve remakes.

Which ones do you guys think should be adapted or remade?

Provide an explanation for your choice or choices rather than just listing so you can really tell us why they are deserving of an adaptation.
AzlanMay 15, 2015 9:57 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 16, 2014 4:32 AM

Oct 2012
If Shadow of the Colossus got an anime I'd die a happy man. It'd be cool to see an anime leading up to the events of the game or one based off the game itself, though it might have to differ from the game in some areas. As long as they got Kow Otani to do the music.

May 16, 2014 4:33 AM

Mar 2012
Index NT because of OTP.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 16, 2014 4:33 AM

Apr 2007
vinland motherfucking saga because fuck yeah, vikings
May 16, 2014 4:35 AM

Dec 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Index NT because of OTP.
I like that idea, especially for NT. Index adaptions are nowhere to be seen lately.
May 16, 2014 4:44 AM

Feb 2013
All You Need Is Kill

it's getting a movie adaptation and thats ok too
May 16, 2014 4:47 AM

Feb 2014
romagia said:
All You Need Is Kill

Can you try explain why.

Just listing something won't get attract peoples interest.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post and response to it.
VudisJun 21, 2014 3:30 AM
May 16, 2014 5:03 AM

Feb 2013
stealthdasher said:
romagia said:
All You Need Is Kill

Can you try explain why.

its an interesting take on both the military genre and time loops, and if done right it could easily enter top 100 here on MAL; also ABe made the illustrations for the LN

also, on famous authors, Romeo Tanaka&Key's Rewrite totally needs an adaptation too, but maybe the VN is too long for an adaptation in the age of 13 episode anime
i think a proper 52 episode adaptation of Rewrite has the potential to compete with the most famous VN adaptations (Steins;Gate and Clannad)

explaining this one is harder, since it starts as a typical high school harem/romcom with a vague supernatural element, just like Clannad, but the 2nd half goes deeper into urban fantasy territory, and it's certainly the best i've ever experienced in the genre, plus all the romance/nakige elements; everything about it was really well done and it makes Katawa Shoujo really seem like an amateur project
May 16, 2014 5:17 AM

Nov 2012
romagia said:
stealthdasher said:
romagia said:
All You Need Is Kill

Can you try explain why.

its an interesting take on both the military genre and time loops, and if done right it could easily enter top 100 here on MAL; also ABe made the illustrations for the LN

also, on famous authors, Romeo Tanaka&Key's Rewrite totally needs an adaptation too, but maybe the VN is too long for an adaptation in the age of 13 episode anime
i think a proper 52 episode adaptation of Rewrite has the potential to compete with the most famous VN adaptations (Steins;Gate and Clannad)

explaining this one is harder, since it starts as a typical high school harem/romcom with a vague supernatural element, just like Clannad, but the 2nd half goes deeper into urban fantasy territory, and it's certainly the best i've ever experienced in the genre, plus all the romance/nakige elements; everything about it was really well done and it makes Katawa Shoujo really seem like an amateur project

wait, I thought Katawa Shoujo was an amateur project

back on topic, I'd love to see an Onanie Master Kurosawa anime. The manga was amazing, start out with a bit of death note feeling, the story and characters build up is amazing, and the ending, just perfect. Thrilling but also emotional.

I also hope HakoMari get an anime, as it is my favorite LN, but I doubt that would happen.
May 16, 2014 5:28 AM

Feb 2013
Kuro_Kishi said:
wait, I thought Katawa Shoujo was an amateur project
it is but it sure didn't feel like one
May 16, 2014 6:00 AM
Sep 2011
All the best korean series that wont get animes because they are korean.....

Tower of god
The breaker
Veritas
The Gamer
Dice

etc etc
romagia said:

If we going into Vn's that need adaptions, but wont get them because they are way too long, Id say Muv Luv is the leading contender imo
pacifyMay 16, 2014 6:04 AM
May 16, 2014 6:16 AM

Aug 2013
One Punch Man

Man, i've been really dying to see this one to get animated. It's basically just wall-to-wall actions without much meaningful/intricate plot but man, does it do that right. Most of main characters are interesting bunch of folks. The main character in particular, Saitama, is basically an interesting take (And while most people probably would disagree with me, a deconstruction) of superhero protagonist. Instead of having him struggle hard against anything on his way, taking heavy damage and dramatic moments along the way, he just casually puts down every single foes with a single punches, and just casually walks away from the scene afterwards, leaving the mess to his underlings. Normally such thing would get formulaic after awhile, but the mangaka is very creative enough to add certain edges and intricacies to every new foes he's got to face against and adding more new challenges (And more comedic moments) for him, preventing it from being repetitive. Though, in the end, it will always end with a single punch. I also love how the series never takes itself too seriously even during the most dire circumstances which would otherwise kill off the main characters.

Sorairo Square (licensed in my country as Sky Blue Square)

http://mangafox.me/manga/sorairo_square/

Call it generic, derivative, or formulaic however you want. The premise is very simple. A romance story about a generic boy with two beautiful childhood friends, each of whom possessing certain "problem" which directly related to their childhood past. Fortunately, the execution is pretty superb. It doesn't fall into retarded LN-styled harem gimmick nor does beat around the bush with the status quo by stretching the plot as thinly as possible. This series, in fact, does deal its romantic issues in a pretty mature manner. The main heroine suffers from severe amnesia during her childhood, an event that triggers the entire plot, forcing a once apathetic male lead into a caring a struggling individual and put the second heroine's long buried feelings towards him into play. With the jealousy, heartbreak, and tragedy following immediatey afterwards. It's also got very interesting narrative choice - jumping back and forth in the timeline, leaving out a chinks of informations so the audience would see only a part of the truth the writer wanted us to see. With the perspective consistently switching among three main characters on each chapters, which in turn show us that they are more than what meets the eye, allow us to see them in depth. In short, a beautiful romance story where each main characters, with all their conflicted feelings, struggle to reconcile with their deep feelings.
May 16, 2014 6:34 AM

Jun 2013
^Yay! One Punch Man, I'm so hyped by this manga recently. The drawing is surprisingly detailed. I hope when it gets animated, the art doesn't suck. But for now, I think it doesn't have enough material yet, Saitama is too bland. Needs more development, just to make his background complete or something, and I don't buy
there must be something else.
May 16, 2014 7:10 AM

May 2013
I want Mana Khemia (PS2's game) to get anime. There are magic, school, red-haired epic male character with muscles, emo male character, pink-haired girl, silver-haired girl, red-haired OP loli, sexy professor, quests, cat, epic-looking sword, white tiger, alien, and alchemy.

Who wouldn't want this?
May 16, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
Remote because I want to see Kurumi animated and her sometimes awkward interactions with detective Himuro animated.
May 16, 2014 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
The cutest thing you'd ever done seen

13 going on 30 got nothing on this. It deserves an anime because I think it hits home. That we, each and every one of us, wants to be a loli one day.
May 18, 2014 1:16 AM
Aug 2012
Tsukihime definitely needs an adaptation. It would probably fail horribly trying to mash all of the routes together though.
May 18, 2014 1:19 AM

Feb 2014
PartyPeasant said:
Tsukihime definitely needs an adaptation. It would probably fail horribly trying to mash all of the routes together though.

I'm guessing things didn't go so well with the previous one.
May 18, 2014 1:31 AM

Apr 2010
stealthdasher said:
PartyPeasant said:

I'm guessing things didn't go so well with the previous one.

The manga adaptation wasn't bad, but it still needs an anime adaptation. Which probably won't happen until some time after the VN remake is released.

I'd like to see Sharin no Kuni get an anime, but it has drug use, so won't happen.

Also G-senjou no Maou, but it's twist would be difficult to pull off in an anime.
antonnMay 18, 2014 1:38 AM
May 18, 2014 2:00 AM
Nov 2013
Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3 and 4 would be the best thing ever produced if done right and faithfully. No arguing.
May 18, 2014 2:36 AM

Jan 2014
I would LOVE for Madhouse to make an anime for the Carmageddon series. Yeah, y'know, THAT series. If they combine the outstanding high-contrast visuals from Redline with the gore-level they managed to pull off with Hellsing Ultimate, that would make for one hell of a badass anime series/movie.
YhuuroMay 18, 2014 2:49 AM
May 18, 2014 3:28 AM

Mar 2012
I want UQ Holder to get an anime and this time a faithfull one unlike Negima.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 27, 2014 1:16 AM

Dec 2013
I think the following deserve anime adaptations or some kind of movie:

- Ever 17
- Planetarian
- To the Moon

Ever 17
It's a visual novel that deals with past, present and future and the choices/discoveries made by the various characters affect the truth that is revealed as the story progresses. It's really hard to discuss this visual novel without spoiling it, so I'm not even going to bother. It should definitely be played though if you're into VNs.

Planetarian
An utsuge (sad, depressing story that may make you cry).
It is implied to be taking place 10,000 days after a "great war" (World War 3 aka the Nuclear War).
It follows the story of a female android who had been waiting for potential customers of a planetarium, for nearly 30 years. In those 30 years, no one came to the lonely planetarium in the abandoned city, until one day, one Junker/scavenger did, by sheer chance.

To the Moon
Let me just say I'm usually a hater of romance/love stories. I really do. I dislike romantic stories to such a degree that they have to be of a very high standard. This is a love story that became one of my exceptions. It follows two doctors as they try to fulfill the final wish of a dying man, by traveling into his memories and altering them from his childhood ones so that his wish can come true in his future memories. To the moon.
CakedogMay 27, 2014 1:22 AM
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
May 27, 2014 1:21 AM

Jul 2013
Rewrite and G-senjou no Maou would be interesting to see. Unfortunately though the chances of such an adaptation turning out very bad are extremely high. Especially Rewrite I mean.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 27, 2014 1:22 AM

Jan 2011
After School Nightmare would be awesome and a 2 cour could easily adapt the whole thing.

Kolnikov said:
Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3 and 4 would be the best thing ever produced if done right and faithfully. No arguing.

I think part of the charm of MGS is that it's essentially an interactive movie.
May 27, 2014 4:03 AM

Apr 2009
Pond said:
vinland motherfucking saga because fuck yeah, vikings

Only by Madhouse or Mappa. We can dream...

Boombawks said:
Ni No Kuni, I think that could had been a decent Anime series. Was a awesome game and the Story was really nice.

I'd love this, let's see how Ghibli handles Ronja this Summer.

As for myself:
Onepunch Man - Mentioend by several others already, but this was made for an anime adaption. Sadly, budget needs to be insane for this to work.
Mob Psycho 100 - Let Yuasa adapt this in ONE's manga style and I'd be very happy.
Vagabond - I wish...

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJun 21, 2014 3:33 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 27, 2014 4:14 AM

Apr 2011
Gunka no Baltzar.... but not yet. The fictional German historical setting, seemingly in the 1800s, along with the characters and the story is bloody awesome.

Nidhoeggr said:
Vagabond - I wish...

I don't think it'll translate well into an anime.... due to the art.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJun 21, 2014 3:33 AM
May 27, 2014 6:46 AM

Apr 2010
kleysss said:
Deardrops . It's a Light Visual Novel though

Ftfy.
Anime couldn't handle the awesomeness of the OST. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEIK0GE-Lg
antonnMay 27, 2014 6:58 AM
May 27, 2014 7:09 AM

Apr 2014
Silver Diamond would be awesome as anime in my opinion. It has good-looking bishounen, a complicated story and a lot of magic action, that would be better conveyed in an animation. It's also a pretty long and already finished series so there's enough to go with.

Adekan also deserves it because of it's popularity, awesome art (that's probably kind of difficult to put into an anime though) and a lot of cool action scenes again. The drama CD already has awesome voice actors such as Jun Fukuyama, which would also push the popularity. Please let it become true some day! >-<

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

May 27, 2014 8:05 AM

May 2013
Kolnikov said:

Too convoluted even for anime.
May 27, 2014 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
I would love to see an adaptation of The Worlds Ends With You. I can already imagine shaft animating it.

May 27, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2012
There are several I'd like to see, some have live action adaptations like Again!! Others won't even happen like Yotsuba. I'd like to see Shirogane no Nina get one but it's too early and I doubt it's popular enough.
May 27, 2014 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
NG Life (manga)
All You Need Is Kill (LN)
Bokura no Kiseki (manga)
Hiyokoi (manga)
Love So Life (manga)
Faster Than A Kiss (manga)
Masamune-kun no Revenge (manga)
Usotsuki Lily (manga)
Yukarism (manga)
Alive: Saishuu Shinkateki Shounen (manga)
Beast Master (manga)
Haruka na Machi e (manga)
Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite (manga)
Sugar Dark (manga)
Onanie Master Kurosawa (manga)

DICE (manwha)
The Breaker (manwha)
The Gamer (manwha)

G Senjou no Maou (VN)
Grisaia no Kajitsu (VN) - soon.
Nyan Koi! (remake once manga is completed)
Pandora Hearts (remake once manga is completed)
Deadman Wonderland (remake)
DearS (remake)
Angel Sanctuary (remake)

ETC...
May 27, 2014 8:48 AM

May 2013
Anime adaption of Call of Duty.
"Sugoi Cpt. Price, kawaii M4-chan desu nee".
May 27, 2014 8:58 AM

Dec 2009
the game Prince of Persia would be an amazing anime!
As well as Assassin's Creed.
May 27, 2014 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
An anime adaptation of King's Game and Gamaran would be nice
Jun 20, 2014 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
Id love an anime adaptation of Psyren! Thats fkn awesome n is full of such cool shit. amazing plot n very interesting characters, especially the Main guy. too good.

Id like a Re-adaptation of Gantz n Air Gear

GE:Good Ending
Gangsta
Eden no Ori
Dragon Head
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Holy Land

n sum others

Mod Edit: modified post after merge
VudisJun 21, 2014 3:38 AM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 20, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2013
Hell Season because it would become the best hentai
Jun 20, 2014 8:30 PM
Mar 2014
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Im sure theirs some threads like tjis but cant find shit!

Id love an anime adaptation of Psyren! Thats fkn awesome n is full of such cool shit. amazing plot n very interesting characters, especially the Main guy. too good.

Id like a Re-adaptation of Gantz n Air Gear

GE:Good Ending
Gangsta
Eden no Ori
Dragon Head
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Holy Land

n sum others

I second as well as parasyte and all of gantz they stopped to early
Jun 21, 2014 3:38 AM

Mar 2009
Thread merged.
This is the official discussion thread about manga/light novel/games adaption wishes.
Please do not simply list your choices, try atleast to explain why you want something adapted.
More information in the Site & Forum Guidelines under the Spam section.
VudisJun 21, 2014 3:42 AM
Aug 13, 2014 3:50 PM
May 2014
Choose out of the three in the poll or suggest your own.

My ideas for each:
Metal Gear Solid is pretty straight forward. Just animate it in order of published. It would be an amazing anime if they were to use the exact same story, concept art and soundtrack. All they would have to do is just change the dialogue for the earlier games. It would also be pretty amazing if Hideo Kojima directed it as he is a huge anime fan especially of Attack on Titan.

Final Fantasy 7 would probably be the easiest one to animate. It would be better if it wasn't CGI like Advent Children and instead like the concept art by Tetsuya Nomura. For this one I think they should follow the game exactly as it is since the game is the most story based out all three and probably has the best soundtrack in my opinion. Considering how long the game is, they should make it 60 episodes and include the entire compilation into the story except Advent Children.

The Legend of Zelda would most likely be the hardest. I think the should make it into a colourful, action shounen anime on the outside but with a dark plot. They should start off with Ocarina of time and work from there. It would be nice if they added in the stories from Ocarina of Time that were merely mentioned, for example, the war that happened ten years before the start of the game and the destruction of Hyrule (give it an Attack on Titan feel by showing the Hylians dying by Ganon's army). Young Link should start off innocent like a typical shounen character but eventually lose his innocence due to all the deaths of the soldiers and civilians. By the time he's adult Link he should have the Cloud type personality.
Aug 13, 2014 4:23 PM
Jul 2014
FF7 has enough bishonen poster boys and main girl character oppai to make a great series.
Aug 13, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2013
I always thought the story for Phantasy Star Universe would make a pretty good anime.
Aug 13, 2014 6:47 PM

Mar 2013
Halo because the franchise is enough of a cash cow for it to have a decent budget.

But only if Bones is doing it.
Aug 13, 2014 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
fst said:
Halo because the franchise is enough of a cash cow for it to have a decent budget.

What if I told you there was, and Bones did make it, so as other various studios?
Aug 13, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2012
Out of those choices Final Fantasy would be the closest thing to an anime plot wise, whether it'd be good is something else entirely and not very likely.

Legend of Zelda seems to minimalistic.

Metal Gear would be interesting but I don't think it would work as a series.

Give me a Papers Please anime where I can see a checkpoint worker get involved with overthrowing a totalitarian oppressive police state.

Aug 13, 2014 7:05 PM

Sep 2013
A Super Smash T.V. anime would be fucking awesome. Maybe not a whole series though. An OVA or Movie would be fun to watch.
Aug 13, 2014 7:13 PM

Mar 2013
ThePimp said:
fst said:

What if I told you there was, and Bones did make it, so as other various studios?

What if I told you your sarcasm detector is broken because I already have that in my list?
Aug 13, 2014 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
Anyone here remember Guilty Gear ?

/nvm, blazblue anime sucks
Aug 13, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2014
you can trash MGS and FF as it is already manga style nonsencial bullshit with big robots and plotholes, but please DONT TOUCH LEGEND OF ZELDA something holy must remain for Gods sake.
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
5 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

14 by billybub »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.