Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 14, 2014 10:01 PM

Apr 2014
I feel like I'm the only seventh-day adventist on this site... maybe because I am.

I'm getting close to that age where I'm starting to question my beliefs since I'm starting to not believe anymore, but I am. I've grown up in a Christian household so it'll be strange if I start pretending to believe (especially since their extremely religious).
TobiOrNotTobiMay 15, 2014 10:16 AM
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
May 15, 2014 6:14 AM

Aug 2012
Not sure if Other is in overwhelming majority or just some people are atheists and there was no poll option for not believing so they just put other.
May 15, 2014 6:15 AM

Jun 2012
Not believing in a god is so boring and I don't understand why people choose to live that way, if believing in one is actually so much fun. You can even talk with other people about that, try to convince them or start any random conversation you want. Well of course some gods are better than others, but I guess that goes without saying and as long as your are not too persisten or annoying, this shouldn't cause any problems.
ChepriMay 15, 2014 6:21 AM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
May 15, 2014 6:27 AM

Dec 2012
I believe in Goddesses. They are very much real, and very much deserve to be worshiped.
May 15, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2012
Why can't everybody be just a Christian. You can just pray for your group mates instead of helping them in group activities. God will just guide them and protect them from harm, depends on what you've prayed to him.
May 15, 2014 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
One of the biggest realizations you can make is understand reality is subjective. You'll find proof of whatever you believe in your own life to reinforce that belief and that goes for everyone, it's all about how you perceive your world. I've seen this many times in my life.
SCARY MONSTER
May 15, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
I don't believe in any gods but I wish The Great Gods of Olympus were real that way it'd make playing Age of Mythology just that much more epic.
May 15, 2014 10:51 AM
Mar 2013
No I don't but I don't mind if other people are religious
May 15, 2014 11:58 AM
Dec 2013
No I'm more into science
May 15, 2014 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
I don't believe in gods, sice there's nothing that can prove their existence.
May 15, 2014 12:50 PM

Nov 2012
Boombawks said:
The big bang was something that threw the chess pieces in to a container and shook it, moving the pieces around and about. The container then tips and the chess pieces fall on to the chess board with every piece landing in their correct position and spots, properly alligned on both ends.
Bad analogy. How do you tell they are properly alligned?
May 15, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2013
KuraiTomu said:
What do you believe in then? Also what would it require for you to believe in them?
SCARY MONSTER
May 15, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2012
Haruhi is my one and only god.
May 15, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
I'd rather ask myself : what/who's God?
May 15, 2014 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
I'd rather ask myself : what/who's God?
God is the creator.

Mod Edit: Removed Bait
TyrelMay 16, 2014 10:54 PM
SCARY MONSTER
May 15, 2014 3:00 PM

Nov 2012
Boombawks said:
The big bang was something that threw the chess pieces in to a container and shook it, moving the pieces around and about. The container then tips and the chess pieces fall on to the chess board with every piece landing in their correct position and spots, properly alligned on both ends.

Bad analogy. The implication here being that the universe was formed just perfectly for us, despite that we're ignoring the fact that 99.9% of the universe is completely inhospitable to life and full of chaotic cataclysmic events all the time.

A more accurate analogy would be that you have a several-billion-square chess board with several billion pieces being dumped on it and chances are you have at least a few pieces that happen to land right side up and aligned properly on a square.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
May 15, 2014 3:02 PM
Feb 2014
I believe in myself, therefore I must be my own God.

#FuckReligionDebate
May 15, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 2011
GuusWayne said:
One of the biggest realizations you can make is understand reality is subjective. You'll find proof of whatever you believe in your own life to reinforce that belief and that goes for everyone, it's all about how you perceive your world. I've seen this many times in my life.

huh. reality itself is objective, but our perceptions and observations of reality are subjective. which is why multiple well-informed perspectives (peer-review) are needed to help eliminate our subjectivity in those observations.
but yea, its common for a person to find proof of whatever they believe in. mostly because of confirmation bias in their observations.

Takaoreo said:
I believe in myself, therefore I must be my own God.
#FuckReligionDebate

You'd make a great LaVeyan Satanist.
Loftyz47May 15, 2014 5:07 PM
May 15, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2014
yesh.
they/deitys were recorded just liek big bang and magical girls so yesh

or smth
Whats That? You think my username is Pretty?! Me too!!....... until I found out it was the name of a JAV actress whom I dont even know.
May 15, 2014 7:52 PM

Jan 2014
I believe in 1 true God, which is just consistent with this reality.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 15, 2014 9:20 PM

Jul 2011
I used to believe when I was like 5 because I didn't know any better and took my parents word for it. It was more like God was an imaginary friend rather than anything else really. Around late middle school / early high school I shifted more so to atheism. Initially, I was just rebelling and was a bit put off by the amount of religious clubs in my high school. It shouldn't be my business what clubs people join, but I always thought it was a pointless thing to take pride in something random like religion. Most of them were religious because they were born into it. Then I learned more about history and science and realized how nonsensical religion was, so I started abiding by the philosophy that religion is opium for the masses. Most of my friends were atheists too.

However, then I started liking a girl who happened to be religious. So I became more tolerant about other people's beliefs for a while. Nowadays I'm very critical towards religious people, the only people I can tolerant are deists because at least they aren't making some arrogant claim how their God is the only right one. My current thoughts are that religion is an unnecessary burden people place on themselves to impose unnecessary restrictions. People who seek some moral guidance from religion or are just into it for the "just in case it's right" philosophy are also deluded and wasting their time.

It doesn't take a great intellectual leap to take a look at history, see the glaring contradictions in the religious "holy texts" and the advancements in science to conclude how useless and unnecessary religion is. However, people really want to cling to something so outdated. To the religious people reading, I don't really care if you gain comfort from it that doesn't make it true. If you want to believe in nonsense then do so, but don't propagate that nonsense back to society by promoting legislation on the sole basis of your religion. Also, I think it's an injustice to force that religion onto your children if you happen to have children, let them make a choice for themselves.
May 16, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2013
GuusWayne said:
KuraiTomu said:
What do you believe in then? Also what would it require for you to believe in them?

I believe in nothing, I guess.
Well some evience that they exist. It's like I say that a man with superpowers created the world in 7 days. Would you believe me?
May 16, 2014 3:19 PM

May 2011
No option for "No I don't believe in gods".

I am a true non-believer in divine powers/gods/deities. Personally, I lack the ability to believe in such things. I believe in science.
May 16, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
I'm pretty sure Buddhism doesn't believe in any gods~ I know what you meant by your poll though just had to throw that out there. I personally believe were the gods in this world, what every you believe will happen will happen, if you believe there is a hell then for you there is a hell same with heaven etc if you believe in reincarnation then you will reincarnate, if you believe you'll become one with "god" or the world then you shall. Just a theory of course, can't test it till i die, in witch case i don't think i'd get the chance to tell anyone my results xD. But if reincarnation is real then were all in hell, i can't think of anything worse then having to be reborn to die continuously for all of eternity, thats just sick.
May 16, 2014 11:05 PM

Jan 2014
Sora_N said:

I am a true non-believer in divine powers/gods/deities. Personally, I lack the ability to believe in such things. I believe in science.

There are things beyond the reach of science which in itself is limited by human abilities and prejudices.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 16, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2011
RedRoseFring said:
Sora_N said:

There are things beyond the reach of science which in itself is limited by human abilities and prejudices.

So……………you want me to what? Believe in a higher power? Fuck NO! Good for you that you can and have the ability to believe in myths. This is why I hate religious people as I just stated that I do not believe in gods and then religious people go and preach. Trust me I have read the Bible, the Book of Mormon (as my fathers side is Mormon), I have read the Popol Vuh and many other religious texts and I just look at them as historic myths humans created to answer their questions about the world and why we are alive (plus to give solace for the living and to the people who are dyeing).
May 16, 2014 11:25 PM

May 2013
RedRoseFring said:

Its god until we figure it out is pretty a pretty dumb way of looking at things.
May 16, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2013
I believe that the flying spaghetti monster is more realistic than the catholic god.

He created the universe when he was drunk, and that is the reason for all the imperfection.

He doesn't show himself because he likes to fuck with us.

if you don't believe in him you only have to experience shitty alcohol and STD filled hookers.
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
May 17, 2014 12:01 AM

Mar 2014
Faith is the problem that science has.
"You cannot make the cold colder and the dark darker"
May 17, 2014 12:11 AM

May 2013
dr0psh0t said:
Faith is the problem that science has.

The scientific method is about testing and proving things.
May 17, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2013
The mainstream science industry is like another religion itself. People believe in one way of knowing or solving things. Their theories are viewed as gospels of truth and they're just as stubborn as religious fundamentalists.
SCARY MONSTER
May 17, 2014 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
Other votes = Some generic Anime character or other character from other media.
May 17, 2014 5:42 AM

Nov 2008
I'm a Christian/Catholic so I believe in Christian theology. But, I think in the end everybody aims for one certain God, and religions don't really matter, what matters is your belief, logic and what you would do for other people.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » is marriage compulsory? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 10

70 by Cneq »»
21 minutes ago

» Are you a wizard? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 9

53 by Cneq »»
31 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

30 by Cneq »»
41 minutes ago

» I bought a pack of Cigarettes.

scarydragon - Mar 29

14 by DesuMaiden »»
51 minutes ago

» Favorite MAL thread maker?

barababas - May 4

39 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.