Forum Settings
Forums

Contesting "Brat★Blood Lad 4-koma" denial

New
May 5, 2014 1:18 AM

Jan 2011
Manga mod denial post: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=60908&show=1540#msg29017951
Quoted part for convenience:

Brat★Blood Lad 4-koma (68973) - 2nd volume of http://myanimelist.net/manga/54285/Brat%E2%98%85Blood_Lad

From my post in that thread:

The 4-koma ran in "4-Koma Nano Ace" and partially in "Young Ace" (just for 1 month).
Brat★Blood Lad (what you linked) ran only in "Altima Ace".

These are two separate manga publications which were compiled in 2 separate tankobons (with different names) as such MAL should reflect the Japanese release. Not combining them into 1 series with 2 volumes based on the American release.
May 7, 2014 8:09 AM

May 2008
Initially I was going to keep them separated, but I couldn't find info I was looking for, so I decided to keep both volumes in one entry until I could get that information from the source material. And most of the sites I checked treat it like the 2nd volume (not English release/sites, I couldn't care less about it). But, I see you are so keen on separating them, then I will do it to how wiki has it - because separating them is not really wrong or bad.

If the info I'm looking for becomes available in the future and it will confirm my doubts, those entries will be merged again.

Also, I don't really like when users post in the denials thread, so it won't start unnecessary discussions, that' s why I didn't reply and was just waiting for your response, you could have just asked in modification thread or send pm/comment or irc,... or made separate thread. It's so simple;p
May 8, 2014 12:22 AM

Jan 2011
svaax said:
Initially I was going to keep them separated, but I couldn't find info I was looking for, so I decided to keep both volumes in one entry until I could get that information from the source material. And most of the sites I checked treat it like the 2nd volume (not English release/sites, I couldn't care less about it). But, I see you are so keen on separating them, then I will do it to how wiki has it - because separating them is not really wrong or bad.

If the info I'm looking for becomes available in the future and it will confirm my doubts, those entries will be merged again.

Wait, what in the world were you looking for? I thought it was pretty clear with it being two volumes from two different magazines published with two different titles. What was the information you wanted that supersedes my previous sentence? Genuinely curious here so I can look out for such things for future entries.

Also, I don't really like when users post in the denials thread, so it won't start unnecessary discussions, that' s why I didn't reply and was just waiting for your response, you could have just asked in modification thread or send pm/comment or irc,... or made separate thread. It's so simple;p

I had no way of knowing what you feel about posts in that thread and obliged in the same manner as previous non-mod posters contesting entry denials. If it is a unwritten rule that the thread is for mod's only, then perhaps you should request Kineta make it a written rule and edit her first post everyone knows where to post from the get-go instead ignoring posts. I apologize if it sounds snarky but legit, how the heck are we supposed to know? It isn't written anywhere and having no replies unlike other posters was ice-cold. I wouldn't have posted in the modification thread as what I want is not one of the purposes listed in the first post of the modification thread. Again, having that first post edited to reflect the direction of such information would be helpful rather than staying silent.

More topics from this board

» there is no light novel option for overgeared

shivamisone - Yesterday

2 by shivamisone »»
Yesterday, 9:26 AM

» i would like a request for Dreamland Adventure

BowDown - May 20, 2021

2 by its411LIES »»
May 8, 2:53 PM

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7702 by Cyberos »»
May 8, 11:19 AM

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

133 by spectre699 »»
May 3, 3:04 AM

» What can you do instead of requesting manga addition on this forum

St0rmblade - May 1

0 by St0rmblade »»
May 1, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.