Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2014 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
After going through some review sections I find it hard to find reviews with different opinions than the two listed for everyone to see. I think it would benefit the site when you click the link for more reviews that it would have reviews listed from new to oldest. I see often that the featured reviews are often old reviews that have been there for an extended period of time and anyone that could want to see a different opinion other than the ones from the two reviews featured, without having to sift through pages and pages of fluff, doesn't have the means to do so.

Perhaps another option would be to implement a filter for the overall score of the review so you can check to see why someone would dislike an anime or why someone would like it. Another suggestion would be to have a filter to see reviews by by how many said it was helpful from the most "helpful" to the least and another to have a filter to see which has the higher ratio of helpfulness to unhelpfullness so people have a chance for others to see their reviews. And there lies a huge issue. As it stands now its usually the established reviews that stand out and other ones, even if they are just as well expressed and relevant, won't be seen by most.

I would like to be able to see good reviews that aren't the same two featured ones that has been there for years. Some people who have important things to say about an anime either won't make a review because they know it won't be seen or will but never be heard. That's why I think it would benefit everyone if we could somehow make it so new reviews can be seen and have the good ones be almost or even as noticeable as the popular ones from years past.
removed-userApr 20, 2014 8:58 PM
Apr 20, 2014 9:39 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
In an ideal helpful system (Where people don't rate based off the score the review gave)
If the important things to say about an anime are so important... wouldn't it be able to top the top two?
I mean it's all already based on the helpful/total ratio... so say a review already has 200/300 helpfuls and someone made a review and added the important thing to it... and it gets a 4/5 helpful, then it is on top. Likewise if the review gets 2/5, it was probably deemed not that important by the people reading it.

But do these ratios even matter?
Most if not all reviews are pretty much voted helpful if the person voting agrees with the score rather than finding the review helpful.

People shouldn't get discouraged from writing a review because they won't place top two... if your goal is to reach the top two review for an anime, then your review should be deserving of the top two.
Apr 20, 2014 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
Zelot said:
In an ideal helpful system (Where people don't rate based off the score the review gave)
If the important things to say about an anime are so important... wouldn't it be able to top the top two?
I mean it's all already based on the helpful/total ratio... so say a review already has 200/300 helpfuls and someone made a review and added the important thing to it... and it gets a 4/5 helpful, then it is on top. Likewise if the review gets 2/5, it was probably deemed not that important by the people reading it.

Most if not all reviews are pretty much voted helpful if the person voting agrees with the score rather than finding the review helpful.

People shouldn't get discouraged from writing a review because they won't place top two... if your goal is to reach the top two review for an anime, then your review should be deserving of the top two.

I dont know really how to respond. I do see your point on why people would say a review is helpful when it just supports their own opinions but I don't think a review will be at the top based on its own merit. People would have to go look through reviews to find any and reading everyone seems unreasonable. Just having a highly visible option to see reviews from newest to oldest, like in a comment system for other sites, could help encourage people to see new reviews, share their own and view varying opinions than just the ones that promote the anime because those are the ones that usually make it to the top, unless the anime is bad but you get what I mean.
Apr 20, 2014 9:52 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
ChestPaddles said:
Zelot said:

I dont know really how to respond. I do see your point on why people would say a review is helpful when it just supports their own opinions but I don't think a review will be at the top based on its own merit. People would have to go look through reviews to find any and reading everyone seems unreasonable. Just having a highly visible option to see reviews from newest to oldest, like in a comment system for other sites, could help encourage people to see new reviews, share their own and view varying opinions than just the ones that promote the anime because those are the ones that usually make it to the top, unless the anime is bad but you get what I mean.

I wouldn't mind the addition of a newest -> oldest and vice versa feature to view reviews
What makes you think a review wouldn't be at the top based on merit?
Apr 20, 2014 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
Zelot said:
ChestPaddles said:
Zelot said:

I wouldn't mind the addition of a newest -> oldest and vice versa feature to view reviews
What makes you think a review wouldn't be at the top based on merit?

i do think they should but at the moment its hard to get even the good ones to the front so to speak, so other people can see them. You just have to hope your review gets enough recognition and "likes" to make it into more view.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.