Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 19, 2014 2:56 AM

Jul 2012
Jewgeni said:
Damn it, I hoped it would be fixed after a good night of sleep but it still gives me the same error with the user/password.

My build is 2.9.6.4010 - I think it has something to do with the update I made a few days ago...

Nope, it means MAL is fucking around with the captcha bullshit again. We had those problems some months ago and now again ............ We were supposed to be added to the whitelist but it seems they screwed something up again. This "stability" -.-
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 19, 2014 3:00 AM

Jul 2012
Oh and btw Kotori, it seems like AGAIN Taiga has no problems. I don't know what list they have but it is NOT working.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 19, 2014 9:59 AM

Jan 2009
Seems like I've been lucky for using MAL updater when the issues are already resolved. ^^
Aug 21, 2014 5:30 AM

Sep 2013
So I take it everyone still has this problem? Or is it just me? I've had this problem for months now.

Btw if anyone is interested in an alternative for just updating information (i.e. status of anime, score, episodes watched, etc.), might I suggest the mobile app "iMAL"? Granted its just for the iOS and its not the MAL Updater, but if you have an Apple device and just looking to update info and stay on track this is the app for you.

MAL Updater hasn't worked for me so I decided to look elsewhere. No offense Kotori! I'll use the updater once its fixed though!
The advocate of [i]equality[/i].

"Imagine if the air we breathe was a drug and makes us see a dazed, weird version of the world,
and people took 'drugs' to try and see the true world and that's why its illegal..."
-EPICBOXSKILLZ
Aug 21, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2009
It's been working normally for me lately.

Use t r a c e r t for malupdater.com and myanimelist.net to see whether there is a ping-related problem.
Also check that you don't have a third party firewall or something to that content restricting internet connection to specific programs.
NoboruAug 21, 2014 8:25 AM
Aug 26, 2014 3:10 AM

Sep 2013
Sorry I don't understand how t r a c e r t works, or whether or not it is a ping-related problem. I can't make heads or tails of it.
Also how would I go about checking if its the firewall or something that's restricting it?

Thanks for the help though.

"Imagine if the air we breathe was a drug and makes us see a dazed, weird version of the world,
and people took 'drugs' to try and see the true world and that's why its illegal..."
-EPICBOXSKILLZ
Aug 26, 2014 3:36 AM

Jul 2007
Aug 26, 2014 9:05 AM

Jan 2009
The firewall should be only relevant if you have a third party firewall or firewall control utility, for example from a security suite. Just wanted to rule that option out.

You basically just open a c md(.exe) (type in the start menu (without the space between "c" and "md") or in the run field [Windows button +R] and hit Enter).
Then you type t r a c e r t malupdater.com without the spaces in the first word. I had to use them because otherwise I would get an Incapsula message.
see also: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/162326

Then you should see something similar to this:

Ideally, you shouldn't have any time-outs listed there and you should definitely reach the last spot.

Of course, you could also go and check whether you can open the webpage.
Aug 31, 2014 12:43 AM

Sep 2013
I can open malupdater.com just fine.

As for the run field, I did see something similar with no time-outs and reached the last spot.

-EPICBOXSKILLZ
Aug 31, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2009
How do you connect to the internet? With a wired or with a wireless connection? If it's the latter, please test with a wired setup.
Besides, do you have any connection loses in general, for example: is your IP changing more than once a day? You could look in your router's protocols.

You didn't have any typos in the settings for your ID/PW in malupdater, did you?

Did you try the portable version and/or a re-install of the newest installer available here?
Also, when you re-install or extract the self-extracting .exe file of the portable version, you could try to disable the real-time protection of your AV just to make sure that your AV isn't interfering.

Last but not least: do you use Malupdater on a Virtual Machine or on a normal setup and on which OS exactly?
Aug 31, 2014 5:22 AM

Jul 2007
Aug 31, 2014 6:04 AM

Jun 2008
Kotori said:
Any weird characters in your pass?
Oho, is that why?

Due to that mod account hijack, today I changed my password and was not able to get malu to log in... are there any characters to avoid?
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Aug 31, 2014 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah, I remember another user having this issue before and it was some special characters not being passed correctly to the login form. Could you change your pass again and then tell me the old one which had the issue?
Aug 31, 2014 8:47 AM

Jun 2008
Kotori said:
Yeah, I remember another user having this issue before and it was some special characters not being passed correctly to the login form. Could you change your pass again and then tell me the old one which had the issue?
Sure enough, changing to a password with no special characters did the trick.

The one that gave me issues was @$!65Pwx5BYgr8&aUq.
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Sep 1, 2014 4:31 AM

Jul 2007
RS said:
Kotori said:
Sure enough, changing to a password with no special characters did the trick.

The one that gave me issues was @$!65Pwx5BYgr8&aUq.

Thank you, it was the & character causing issues, it will be solved next update.
Sep 2, 2014 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
I tried re-installing malupdater again and it seems to work.

Thanks for the help Noboru and Kotori!

-EPICBOXSKILLZ
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

Sticky: » [Bug reports / Help] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Feb 19, 2008

5259 by Bahamut_Zero »»
Sep 27, 2022 5:06 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.