Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 5, 2014 2:14 PM
Apr 2014
Hello,
I decided to make an account on here, because I recently got a bit into anime.

I was browsing Netflix and looked into the Anime section, and that's where I found Sword Art Online. So I gave the series a try and was absolutely amazed, this was PERFECT!
I love MMO's and have been playing them since I was a little kid, and man it was sooo good... This was my wet dream, my biggest fantasy, and now I could actually watch it!
Granted, there were some things that might not have made completely sense, but like when you fall in love you can look over such things. Everything was so cool, and I watched 10 episodes to 4 AM, and had no intent on stopping... And then it happened...
The series started turning around completely, and it changed to a love story, where they get married, ADOPT A FCKING BABY and so on... I had to stop..

So going from being a dream, never had I watched something this awesome I was so god damn psyched... Leveling, crafting, guilds, monster killing... AND THEN IT TURNS INTO A GOD DAMN LOVE STORY? How can they do this to me? I feel so betrayed for 15+ more episodes of awesomeness... I just had to share my deep sadness with you all... :(

-A frustrated Anime newb
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 5, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
I still liked it, but I shall try to forget the second arc..the second arc..ugh.
Apr 5, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
Daily SAO thread created? Check.
an egomaniac and a fool

Apr 2012
Yea they had to throw in the obligatory incest/ tentacles. ONLY IN JAPAN!

Apr 2013
What a creative thread; no one has ever talked about this before.
Apr 5, 2014 2:18 PM
Dec 2013
Wrong. Section.

Sep 2012
Ewwweyyyyy romance!!!11! gross! Gurls have cooties!!

When my parents kiss I hide my face behind my hands because EWWWWWWwwwwWWwww kissing!!!

Mar 2014
Didn't care for SAO at all.
Sep 2013
Sword Art Online didn't even give an accurate portrayal of what actual MMORPGs are like. I enjoyed the anime, but it was lacking in so many areas.

EDIT:
I love the way people post so quickly in a thread that they don't like. If you're not interested in the topic, then don't post and stop helping keep this thread alive.
Apr 5, 2014 2:20 PM

Nov 2011
Wrong place to post it. And to answer your question it was an anime but it couldve been a bag of grapes.
Apr 5, 2014 2:24 PM

Oct 2013
BlackSabotage said:
Wrong place to post it. And to answer your question it was an anime but it couldve been a bag of grapes.

Me and you have 80% compatibility? How is that possible???
Apr 5, 2014 2:25 PM
Apr 2014
Red_Keys said:

When my parents kiss I hide my face behind my hands because EWWWWWWwwwwWWwww kissing!!!

Now that's like making an action movie and turning it into a romance halfway..

I have a girlfriend.. lol..

PS. Sorry about the wrong thread wont happen again
Apr 5, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2009
What could it have been: A mediocre LN like Log Horizon.
What it was: Shit.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
The anime should of just stayed in Aincard (the first one).
Apr 2014
Instead of telling me it's shit what about pointing me towards something that might be worthwhile watching? I know forums like these doesn't tend to be noob-friendly but jesus...

Nov 2011
peterr2d2 said:
Red_Keys said:

Now that's like making an action movie and turning it into a romance halfway..

I have a girlfriend.. lol..

PS. Sorry about the wrong thread wont happen again

It happens a lot with first topics here so no need to feel ashamed. And just for the record Red Keys is the second biggest jackass here. I'm third FYI.
Apr 5, 2014 2:30 PM
Jul 2013
What would happen if Kenshiro fought Goku?
Apr 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

I agree 100% :(

Dec 2012
If it had proper pacing minus the second arc.
Apr 5, 2014 2:31 PM
Dec 2013
peterr2d2 said:
Instead of telling me it's shit what about pointing me towards something that might be worthwhile watching? I know forums like these doesn't tend to be noob-friendly but jesus...

You want a recommendation? ^^
Apr 5, 2014 2:31 PM

Oct 2013
peterr2d2 said:

Don't listen to those haters. if you look at their favourite list, most of the anime they listed aren't even better than sao, to be honest. If you want a good anime try attack on titan, or code geass. just look at my list. I have good taste in anime unlike these guys.
Apr 5, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2013
peterr2d2 said:
U joined in April so your eyes deceived you.

Second Arc was full crap even the first one, everyone should've just died
Apr 5, 2014 2:35 PM

Oct 2013
R4vel said:
peterr2d2 said:

Holy shit!! you have Mikakunin de Shinkoukei as your favourite? A anime that had little progression in the romance between them. I dont think you should tell anyone anything.
Apr 5, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2011
keragamming said:
peterr2d2 said:

Don't listen to those haters. if you look at their favourite list, most of the anime they listed aren't even better than sao, to be honest. If you want a good anime try attack on titan, or code geass. just look at my list. I have good taste in anime unlike these guys.

I thought most people here liked Code Geass and Attack on Titan? I also thought those were bad anime.
Apr 5, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
R4vel said:
peterr2d2 said:

Obviously Kirito had Auto Life cast on him before he died.

Apr 5, 2014 2:37 PM

Apr 2009
peterr2d2 said:

Ok, then please make a thread in the recommendation forum and link it.
Also, be specific with what you want. What demographic (Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, Josei), what genre (action, comedy, etc.), what subgenre (highschool, death games, classic superrobot) or tone (edgy, straight-forward, more subversive)?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 2014
I'd love to get a recommendation, thanks :-)

Oct 2013
BlackSabotage said:
keragamming said:
peterr2d2 said:

I thought most people here liked Code Geass and Attack on Titan? I also thought those were bad anime.

You should've said overrated anime, so I could sign you up.
Apr 5, 2014 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
peterr2d2 said:

I said attack on titan and code geass. also try D-grayman.
Apr 5, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2012
peterr2d2 said:

go to the recommendations sub forum
this is not the right place to ask :|

Apr 5, 2014 2:39 PM

Nov 2011
peterr2d2 said:

I haven't seen it but isn't Hack sign or whatever a popular anime about being in an mmo? I see plenty of its videogames at GameStop. Maybe should check it out. Apologies if I'm wrong.
Apr 5, 2014 2:39 PM
Dec 2013
Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
Mobile Suit Gundam wing
Full metal panic
Naruto
Hajime no ippo
Steins Gate
Bleach
Black Lagoon
Blood lad
Higurashi

Try these.
Apr 5, 2014 2:40 PM
Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
peterr2d2 said:

Also, be specific with what you want. What demographic (Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, Josei), what genre (action, comedy, etc.), what subgenre (highschool, death games, classic superrobot) or tone (edgy, straight-forward, more subversive)?

Honestly really wasn't planning on it turning into a recommendation thread, just wanted to share my ''sorrow'' with some people that probably would understand since they've probably tried something along these lines.. :)
Apr 5, 2014 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
peterr2d2 said:
Nidhoeggr said:
peterr2d2 said:

Honestly really wasn't planning on it turning into a recommendation thread, just wanted to share my ''sorrow'' with some people that probably would understand since they've probably tried something along these lines.. :)

As long as the anime is not jojo bizzare adventure, or logh then any other recommendation is fine. Stay away from those. You have been warned!!
If I should believe in God. I should also believe in the tooth fairy. The bible is man made. It was Made by bearded men to try and control people with their beliefs. Off topic. No anime can even come close to Nana. :P

Apr 5, 2014 2:41 PM
Apr 2014
Thanks guys - been helpful,will check out the anime you posted.
Apr 5, 2014 2:49 PM

Dec 2012
Try Log Horizon, a proper MMO anime series. No need for me to beat a dead horse.
Apr 5, 2014 2:49 PM
Mar 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

that's what i keep saying though!!! you only had one mission SAO, and that was to show the higher levels and the legendary tower for an epic final boss-u battle for the ultimate win. it would have been 9/10 from me...

but no, instead, ridiculous ears and all that other badness.
Apr 5, 2014 2:55 PM

Aug 2013
keragamming said:
R4vel said:
peterr2d2 said:

Holy shit!! you have Mikakunin de Shinkoukei as your favourite? A anime that had little progression in the romance between them. I dont think you should tell anyone anything.

Holy Shit!! you have Code Geass as your favourite? A anime where the main character just pulls giant robots and op shit out of his pocket to win. I dont think you should tell anyone anything.

Apr 5, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2011
kami_desu said:
keragamming said:
R4vel said:
peterr2d2 said:

Holy Shit!! you have Code Geass as your favourite? A anime where the main character just pulls giant robots and op shit out of his pocket to win. I dont think you should tell anyone anything.

Again still trying to work past the second ep of Code Geass.
Apr 5, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
peterr2d2 said:

new user+sword art online thread=troll frenzy

I can see you

Apr 5, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
it could of been great but instead was meh
Apr 5, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
I don't like it when people announce that they hated /strongly disliked anime and they only watched a few episodes of it. Come back and tell me your opinion when you have finished the show.

I actually really enjoyed the 1st arc of SAO. I do agree that the 2nd arc wasn't so great, turned into a generic "rescue the princess" story with Suguha constantly fawning over kirito. I didn't like how kirito
.Although I realize the logic flaws were annoying, I still enjoyed the series overall as a whole.

In the end, It was hard for me to give a rating to SAO due to the difference between arcs. I felt like the first season was an 8.5, the 2nd season was like a 5.5 or a 6.0 to me.
midnightbladeApr 5, 2014 3:22 PM
Apr 5, 2014 3:16 PM

Mar 2013
I forget the main chick in that show and she was kinda cool at first, but then she turned into a typical damsel in the second half. Was boring as shit.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 5, 2014 3:19 PM

Apr 2012
There's like 0 teamwork in SAO. It's just Kirito soloing and breaking game mechanics.

Apr 5, 2014 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
keragamming said:
R4vel said:
peterr2d2 said:

? Pretty high ego huh, what's the matter with having SoL as ur favourite animes?
Apr 5, 2014 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
I just checked all known parallell universes and came to the conclusion that in none of them SAO had any chance of turning out decent.

Watch Log Horizon if you want a show that makes good use of the MMORPG setting. But don't expect an action series.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 5, 2014 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I just checked all known parallell universes and came to the conclusion that in none of them SAO had any chance of turning out decent.

Watch Log Horizon if you want a show that makes good use of the MMORPG setting. But don't expect an action series.

Fuckin love your Sig dude.
Apr 5, 2014 3:41 PM

May 2010
could have been worth watching/finishing. was a huge plot blackhole.
Apr 5, 2014 3:42 PM

Feb 2010
BlackSabotage said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Fuckin love your Sig dude.

Well, thanks. First part is by lisnoire though, so some credit goes to her.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 5, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
What could it have been: A mediocre LN like Log Horizon.

How about you actually read it before saying it's mediocre... Outside of the fact that I don't think log horizon is mediocre (well, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, so that's fine with me either way), stop associating the adaptation with the source material when it comes to quality. You don't seem realize how ridiculous this is every single time you do it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

71 by ItsQuintaly »»
May 5, 12:05 AM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.