Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 28, 2014 2:02 AM

Jun 2014
Natsu should win. Why?

Well Natsu should win simply because he made fire that can't be blown away and because he can create flames hotter than ice. When Gray uses ice, it is frozen water. If you think about it, Natsu should win due to virtue of the state of matter changes. Other than that, Natsu can slay dragons and use lightning....while Gray has ice....which conducts lightning!

And if we're going down this line of thought...wouldn't Natsu instantly lose if Gray made an ice train or something? I mean they make Natsu's motion sickness look like he's dying ._.
7starkiller99Jun 28, 2014 10:44 AM
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 28, 2014 4:31 AM

Apr 2008
HomeAlone said:
Natsu's strength varies according to the plotu he should have never won his fight against Laxus and many others. Gray has plot armor too but his one is less than Natsu Ultear should have killed him.

Without plot armor Gray is stronger with plot armor Natsu wins. Simple as that.

You're forgetting he had HELP with Laxus from Gajeel. Contrary to popular belief Natsu RARELY wins fights on his own. Just cause he gets the last hit in doesn't invalidate the damage done by others leading up to that point.
Jul 13, 2014 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
Gray > Gajeel > Natsu
I like all three though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2014 3:09 PM

Mar 2013
Gray is one of my favorite characters in Fairy Tail, while Natsu's one of the least favorite. He is just an example of the world's unfair part - the one's, who do literally nothing, have more than those who deserve it...

Shomix said:
they should call it ,, Natsu ,, not ,, Fairy tail,, his in spotlight always ...

Exactly.
Jul 18, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2014
Gray.
But Natsu cool too.
Melon
Jul 18, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2014
Both of them are good

yet i prefer Natsu .. why ?
well , i don't find Natsu stuck in his past and he's always cheerful
while Gray always comes up with Ur Ur Ur Ur all the time

but on the other hand as some of you said yes Gray can show a lot of personalty development while Natsu don't

haha i think Natsu don't need that i love him as he is
Jul 18, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2014
Gray is so much cooler, cuter and better than that lame character Natsu.

Esperanza_0 said:
Both of them are good

yet i prefer Natsu .. why ?
well , i don't find Natsu stuck in his past and he's always cheerful
while Gray always comes up with Ur Ur Ur Ur all the time

but on the other hand as some of you said yes Gray can show a lot of personalty development while Natsu don't

haha i think Natsu don't need that i love him as he is

natsu is terrible. People prefer characters with actual development. Can't say the same for stupid Natsu.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 27, 2014 6:16 AM
Jul 18, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:
Gray > Gajeel > Natsu.

/End thread

Plus this is an easy decision.

I hate Natsu and I love Gray-sama <3
Jul 20, 2014 1:45 AM
Dec 2013
Obviously Natsu.

Fire > Ice
Happy-go Airhead > Miserable gloomy head
Lucy > Juvia (in term of assets)
Red > Blue
Jul 21, 2014 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
Both are average. But i prefer Natsu than Gray (64/100 for Natsu and 62/100 for Gray)
Wendy however in her own class. Need more Gajeel and Laxus involvement in the story.
Jul 21, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2013
randy1925 said:
Gajeel rapes both of them

This all the way.

But if I HAD to choose, Natsu. TBH I wanna like Gray more, but his fights have always been beta-character fights and he never makes anything awesome with his ice.
Old_RavenJul 21, 2014 3:54 PM
Jul 21, 2014 7:15 PM
Dec 2013
Old_Raven said:
randy1925 said:
Gajeel rapes both of them

This all the way.

But if I HAD to choose, Natsu. TBH I wanna like Gray more, but his fights have always been beta-character fights and he never makes anything awesome with his ice.
Agreed , his "Ice make!" Is so gay, doesn't even look cool.
Jul 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2012
ScazoN said:
Old_Raven said:

This all the way.

Agreed , his "Ice make!" Is so gay, doesn't even look cool.

The only two gay characters overall manga are that shitty Natsu and that pathetic faggot Naruto :>

Natsu's flames are generic and incredibily lame. Same repetitive bullshit.
Jul 25, 2014 1:36 PM
Jun 2014
Gray is an excellent character with good development, and nice range of cool looking spells and moves.

on the other hand Natsu is the worst character in the manga.

Easy choice. Gray takes it 1000 times out of a 1000
Jul 25, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
Mah boi Gray, easy choice.

Fuck Natsu.
Jul 25, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
Natsu for eating fire and kicking asses
Jul 25, 2014 3:13 PM
Feb 2014
Natsu since I'm her in the FT game
Jul 25, 2014 6:13 PM
Jun 2014
bash107 said:
Natsu since I'm her in the FT game

natsu is a chick? that's new lol.
Jul 25, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2014
fairy tail is a guilty pleasure of mine, i honestly don't like gray or natsu. Gajeel, levy, happy, and erza are about all i care for.
Jul 25, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
Jul 25, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
they need to give Gray some major power up ... Gray is best ... natsu acts like a nakama moron whole time
Jul 25, 2014 8:39 PM

Jul 2014
In terms of strength, of course Natsu with his millions of layers of plot armor but, overall character, Gray wins. Basing which character is better based on strength is shallow anyway, it just shows how deeply you can think, which clearly, isn't far if you don't even consider personality, development, etc.

But on a side note, Erza destroys them both.
[center][/center]
Jul 25, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2014
erza is a mary sue that wins with asspull plot armors all the time.
her win against azuma and minerva were complete bullshit
I don't see the appeal in her
Jul 25, 2014 9:39 PM

Jan 2014
Gray is one of the best characters by far in this manga, very likeable and cool. and shits on most character in general in terms of quality. Period.
Proud to be his fan.

on the other hand, Natsu is just terrible. No character development, always the same usual shtick of being inept. likewise with Gajeel, another terrible character.
Jul 25, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2014
vitaxlilium said:
In terms of strength, of course Natsu with his millions of layers of plot armor but, overall character, Gray wins. Basing which character is better based on strength is shallow anyway, it just shows how deeply you can think, which clearly, isn't far if you don't even consider personality, development, etc.

Pretty much this. My vote goes for Gray, I love him.
Jul 26, 2014 12:53 AM

Apr 2013
Natsu he is funny, entertaining, protective, a good friend and despite what a lot of people think he does have character development he is serious from the start in the beginning it was a big game in most cases he would goof off until he realized its not a game and people lives are in danger. Knows he needs his friends he used to try to go it alone in Tenrou he realized he need others help and admitted it. Encourages others in turn they encourage him, he has slowly matured over the series rewatch/reread the first chapters/ episodes to more recent ones he is know longer a fearless fool and a man child in maturity only in personality and confident instead of arrogant. Gray was cool in the beginning had cool magic, pretty attractive and had a tragic background became ok in the middle now i'm indifferent to him. His part in the story seems to only revolve around Deliora,Ur and those connected to the two I wish it would branch a bit how about something new. He is one of the worst handled character post time skip just a male tsundere I like pre time skip Gray, lost interest of him after that fight with Ultear. And to add to it some of his fans have become crazy lately what is no one allowed to have different opinions from them.
Aqua_ElevenJul 26, 2014 12:59 AM
Jul 26, 2014 3:44 AM
Sep 2007
I usually like Natsu type characters more than characters like Gray, but I do find Gray much, much better.

Btw, Erza isn't great as she was.
Jul 26, 2014 4:35 AM

Jan 2013
Where's the poll? Anyway, Mystogan beats everyone.
Jul 26, 2014 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
Maira_Kiri said:
erza is a mary sue that wins with asspull plot armors all the time.

Very true. I take back my Erza comment, Kagura all the way. In my opinion, her win against Kagura was way worse than against Minerva. At least for Minerva there was a "reason" if you use the word reason loosely. Winning against Kagura was just "Nakama Power".
[center][/center]
Jul 26, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2014
Maira_Kiri said:
erza is a mary sue that wins with asspull armors all the time.

Fixed.

Later, Erza will reveal her Goddess armor which can defies God rules.

Kyouraku-san said:
Lol at both fandoms. Gray fans talk shit about Natsu and vice-versa.

That's one thing that i never understand, all of them so "fanboy" that their brain can't think well. Not even funny at all. What so cool doing that when all of those characters came from same series.
Jul 26, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2011
Trayce said:
on the other hand, Natsu is just terrible. No character development, always the same usual shtick of being inept. likewise with Gajeel, another terrible character.

I prefer Gray to Natsu, but are you serious? It's like you haven't read or watched this series at all.
Jul 26, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2014
Aqua-11 said:
Natsu he is funny, entertaining, protective, a good friend and despite what a lot of people think he does have character development he is serious from the start in the beginning it was a big game in most cases he would goof off until he realized its not a game and people lives are in danger. Knows he needs his friends he used to try to go it alone in Tenrou he realized he need others help and admitted it. Encourages others in turn they encourage him, he has slowly matured over the series rewatch/reread the first chapters/ episodes to more recent ones he is know longer a fearless fool and a man child in maturity only in personality and confident instead of arrogant. Gray was cool in the beginning had cool magic, pretty attractive and had a tragic background became ok in the middle now i'm indifferent to him. His part in the story seems to only revolve around Deliora,Ur and those connected to the two I wish it would branch a bit how about something new. He is one of the worst handled character post time skip just a male tsundere I like pre time skip Gray, lost interest of him after that fight with Ultear. And to add to it some of his fans have become crazy lately what is no one allowed to have different opinions from them.

Natsu isn't funny anymore. His antics have gotten old, repetitive. Other characters kept their style while Natsu's style was out of whack. His jokes continue to not amuse anymore, he keeps failing miserably.

Gray is also overprotective, a good friend.
and can be funny at times, your point?

so what? That's just tiny miniscule amount of development -.-" other characters admit they need help too. and natsu also lost his lesson of fear and failed to live by it when he attacked innocent members of a rival guild like a little bitch that he is, and thought he was being top shit. 3:

face it, for a supposedly main character, natsu has by far the worst development in the whole manga. "gray is poorly mishandled and has the worst development in post-timeskip?" that honor belongs to minerva, sting, and natsu.

gray received good development against rufus, made his arsenal of moves to be quite larger, learned new shapes and forms of magic. and no you re-read the manga properly, Gray development wasn't clinged through Ul or Deliora. His development was received through his father, and a nice little backstory and depth to go along with it. which is NEW development in post-timeskip.

Natsu "entertaining"? hahah that's a funny sentiment. let's be real, he's boring when push comes to shove xD

and so what? atleast Gray does get major development, learns new spells, uses his brain, has good sense of realism and isn't a cocky fuck like natsu. to add to it natsu fans also gone crazy where they can't accept opinions that differ from their own, works both ways, so stop applying double standards.

natsu is terrible, get over it. and as a girl, I don't find Natsu "cute" "adorable" or "funny"

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.

Psajdak said:
I usually like Natsu type characters more than characters like Gray, but I do find Gray much, much better.

Btw, Erza isn't great as she was.

agreed. Gray is sooo much better. :3
he's one of my favourite characters in fairy tail, and for good reason.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 27, 2014 6:31 AM
Jul 26, 2014 11:24 PM

Jul 2014
I dropped this because of the 'Nakama Power'... seriously. wtf.

Well anyways, Gray is my favourite character in the series anyway, soo...

Gray
Jul 27, 2014 1:25 AM

Apr 2013
MinkCross1 said:

Natsu isn't funny anymore. His antics have gotten old, repetitive. Other characters kept their style while Natsu's style was out of whack. His jokes continue to not amuse anymore, he keeps failing miserably.

so what? That's just tiny miniscule amount of development -.-" other characters admit they need help too. and natsu also lost his lesson of fear and failed to live by it when he attacked innocent members of a rival guild like a little bitch that he is, and thought he was being top shit. 3:

face it, for a supposedly main character, natsu has by far the worst development in the whole manga. "gray is poorly mishandled and has the worst development in post-timeskip?" that honor belongs to minerva, sting, and natsu.

gray received good development against rufus, made his arsenal of moves to be quite larger, learned new shapes and forms of magic. and no you re-read the manga properly, Gray development wasn't clinged through Ul or Deliora. His development was received through his father, and a nice little backstory and depth to go along with it. which is NEW development in post-timeskip.

Natsu "entertaining"? hahah that's a funny sentiment. let's be real, he's boring when push comes to shove xD

and so what? atleast Gray does get major development, learns new spells, uses his brain, has good sense of realism and isn't a cocky fuck like natsu. to add to it natsu fans also gone crazy where they can't accept opinions that differ from their own, works both ways, so stop applying double standards.

natsu is terrible, get over it. and as a girl, I don't find Natsu "cute" "adorable" or "funny"

Whoa rude much can you not even respect someone self's opinion?This is what I mean when I said some Gray fans are crazy. If you have not seen that Natsu has development then you have not been paying attention completely blinded by your hatred for him as for the rest it is MY OPINION AND I HAVE A RIGHT TO IT just as you have a right to yours. We are allowed to disagree but respect each other. It is a fictional character in a work of fiction. I like Natsu think is Gray boring have a nice life.

VudisJul 27, 2014 6:28 AM
Jul 27, 2014 6:31 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed spam and baiting.
Jul 27, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2014
Aqua-11 said:
MinkCross1 said:

Whoa rude much can you not even respect someone self's opinion?This is what I mean when I said some Gray fans are crazy. If you have not seen that Natsu has development then you have not been paying attention completely blinded by your hatred for him as for the rest it is MY OPINION AND I HAVE A RIGHT TO IT just as you have a right to yours. We are allowed to disagree but respect each other. It is a fictional character in a work of fiction. I like Natsu think is Gray boring have a nice life.

I was only rude to because once you are incapable of backing your statements, and all you did was show ignorance and cluelessness to other characters. See you couldn't even prove what you are even saying. Please enlighten me on this supposed DEVELOPMENT Natsu got. especially when he's been a fail all a long. why do you find the non-Natsu character boring when he has shown more development, better new spells.

Gray is cool, I love him for reasons why I displayed, and Natsu is absolutely boring scum because he has done absolutely nothing to warrant any other label ^^

VudisJul 28, 2014 9:07 AM
Jul 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Apr 2013
MinkCross1 said:

I was only rude to because once you are incapable of backing your statements, and all you did was show ignorance and cluelessness to other characters. See you couldn't even prove what you are even saying. Please enlighten me on this supposed DEVELOPMENT Natsu got. especially when he's been a fail all a long. why do you find the non-Natsu character boring when he has shown more development, better new spells. Oh right you can't explain because you're full of it.

Gray is cool, I love him for reasons why I displayed, and Natsu is absolutely boring scum because he has done absolutely nothing to warrant any other label ^^

First off you were not rude to me not by disagreeing but by beginning and ending your post with directly insulting me, my opinion and my intelligence saying I was idiot, ignorant, clueless or had to be smoking something to have such an opinion. If you wanted to properly debate this than you should not start by insulting me. Second the typic was Gray or Natsu which one, I said what I thought it is not a debate of who is better which is for best since that is subject to opinion. Everyone has a different opinion some are similar but are still different and a never ending debate. Third you seem to be angered by the simple fact that I like Natsu much more than Gray who I am indifferent to. Fourth I'm not the only one who liked Natsu more than Gray so why are you picking on me? I never said Gray is a bad character or that I hated him I'm seriously starting to dislike some of his fans cause I have been attacked and seen them attack other people for having said opinions. Is it inconceivable to not be a fan of Gray and like Natsu? He is not as bad as you paint him to be, you just seem to really hate the idea of him and people liking him. If you want to debate fin I'll try my best I'm extremely bad at it but I will respond to you this once.

This seem to be a difference in taste his antics have not gotten old or repetitive to me. Him and Juvia are the only characters to make me laugh on a regular basic sure everyone has their quirks and moments.
My personal favorite is on Galuna Island when he tricked Toby into paralyzing himself with his own attack.

I never said that Gray was NOT a good friend or unprotective because he is, he shows it differently than NatsuI just like Natsu's way better but I never said he wasn't in fact the whole guild are great friends to have they love and protect their guildmates that's the point of Fairy Tail. Don't put words in my mouth.

I already stated what some of his development do you skip over it.

Aqua-11 said:
he has slowly matured over the series rewatch/reread the first chapters/ episodes to more recent ones he is know longer a fearless fool and a man child in maturity only in personality and confident instead of arrogant. .

If you do not like my explanation than look at theses analysis.
http://jhayni-in-the-rain.tumblr.com/post/79105984713/natsus-character-development-part-one
http://jhayni-in-the-rain.tumblr.com/post/79367294458/natsus-character-development-part-two
http://jhayni-in-the-rain.tumblr.com/post/79446386320/natsus-character-development-part-three
http://jhayni-in-the-rain.tumblr.com/post/79875893733/natsus-character-development-part-four

The rival guild was not innocent not after what their Guild master did to Yukino. You are the first person I have come across that this angered. He did not lose his lesson of fear, he has either not been in a position where he could run either him or a friend were in a life threatening situation and could not escape or the enemy has not been threatening.

Simple fact that you and I disagree except about the Mineva part although I see her as wasted potential.

The attack used against Rufus Unlimited Blades was a homage to the Type-moon's Fate series, Unlimited Blade Works signature move of Archer who basically traces or copy famous weapons of legends. Not the best explanation. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Archer_(Fate/stay_night)
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Unlimited_Blade_Works
Ice Bringer he used before ice impact was the only new and original one in that fight. First off you put a small manga spoiler in the anime section. Second
His plot did not blanch it clung to the two it was not new and the back story everyone already guessed months before the reveal. He has potential to do something new but has not yet, which is want I want from him.

You already said this and I answered you above.

You're starting to repeat your self, I have already answer above and in my first post. Yes both fan bases in fact all fanbases have a minority of crazy fans but the Gray ones have been very active simple look around this and other forums. After you attacked me don't try to say double standard I said some Gray fans have been crazy than you came called me an idiot and accused me of doing drugs thats baiting and proved my point.

Looks like we're back at this. It is my opinion and you should respect it do you want me to respect your opinion? Where in my post did I say Natsu was cute or adorable did you only read the parts you wanted? I'm going to ignore you after this you are clearly trying to pick a fight.
Aqua_ElevenJul 27, 2014 11:36 PM
Jul 27, 2014 11:40 PM

Jul 2014

I was rude to you because you diminished one character while perceivingly boosted and hype up another like he's some sort of god. I don't give a crap on who you like more. I prefer Gray much more than that boring pile of crap Natsu. My gripe with you is that you add in some illogical reasoning to a character without even getting to know what he's capable of. Maybe you haven't read the thread at all but I have seen crazy Natsu fans attack other showing off their crazyness.

you failed to describe what makes Natsu entertaining, funny or whatever.

are you seriously kidding me? Every character shows funny reactions once in a while, just look at how Gray made some funny comments on Zirconis showing off some humor, etc. terrible example you gave there.

On Franmalt quip: That was not funny, that was downright retarded and trolling of a character like Franmalt who was kicking Natsu's ass from the get-go. That was a bad plot device because Mashima didn't want Natsu to lose.

who said I claimed you didn't state Gray is not overprotective?, what griped me is that you didn't add this in for gray when you know he's in capable of it as well and besides, I said it as a sidenote. Once again way to show biased and lack of objectivity surrounding anyone that isn't natsu.

again, that is just poor writing and development at best. nothing special. other characters like Gray have shown much more than that, where they mature from the get-go, show calm and stoic psyche, whereas Natsu is the same little child he was in the beginning.

The characters in the guild were innocent, what the fuck they did ever do? they simply obeyed orders to Gemma and got attacked because a little shit like Natsu was angry at a common reason? Give me a break

That was a different type of attack you are aware of that? You are aware of the where swords in pointing in alluding directions compared to the fate stay night novel right? by that logic you are going to state Erza copied it too because of her heavenly wheels armor having a similar attack.

Ice impact is a new move as well, are you dense?
show me any other instances: where Gray used platforms to up his speed
show me show me any other instances Gray used debris and other attacks of physicals as cannon to lure an attack on silver
show me any character that used his own blood to forge a weakness on his enemies attack
all of that is NEW!

what has natsu done? All of his spells consist of generic lame ass punches, kicks and roars. what new spells has he given out that doesn't revolve around the same thing? besides this has been before in the basilisk manga.

how conveniently you forget of the fact the development little gray shared with erza.

It's the fact that Gray needed time to adjust to his surroundings, and forget of his fear of the monster. when has natsu experience this tragic ever in his life?

open your horizons and look at the picture, broaden yourself.
it's the fact that Silver himself is a new entity and opponent for Gray to settle his differences with Ur was never point of the story, she was never even brought up. deliora was a just a ruse for Silver to fool Gray with. It was new, no matter what type of bullshit you keep spouting. and besides this is a demon arc so his past will be brought up one way or another, and it was very much touching moments.

well it's obvious how deluded the natsu fandom is when they pickpocket shallowed reasonings why they prefer a character over another.
and lady I don't give a shit of who you prefer, it really doesn't mean much to me.
again when people themselves love Gray more than Natsu in the western continent based on polls themselves and he was placed above Natsu in last year's competition for popularity, so yeah I really don't care one ounce of a clue who you prefer, you're just a minority anyway :D

Natsu is just a bonified Luffy rip off. deal with it.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please hide big quotes in spoilers.
Also removed flaming.
VudisJul 28, 2014 9:48 AM
Jul 28, 2014 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
Natsu = Old school type of MC ( we all got over it )
Gray = New school type of mc ( cool , handsome , smart )
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.