Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 29, 2009 10:35 AM

Jul 2008
Faust721 said:
Endings like this happens all too often. Never the less, I love this series despite what has happened. Overall, gets an 8 from me.

I agree with you. It feels kinda sad now thats its over..
Aug 29, 2009 1:28 PM

Oct 2007
Well that's it. Decent ending not amazing but I would have liked to see some more emotion in it. It was enjoyable to say the least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Aug 29, 2009 5:56 PM

Mar 2009
what a crap ending :x
much too fast...
still his real love does not know Rito loves her >_> she run away before he finished talking

meh :( maybe we get to see 2LRU-II with better story after this? ;/

edit:
hope after chapter 161 Rito fainted and this last chapter is his dream >_<
SleepnDreamnAug 29, 2009 6:08 PM
Aug 29, 2009 6:06 PM

Apr 2008
I complained already in this thread but oh well.

All anime/manga I like never can have a defined ending, such a waste of money. ><

I had the same experience when I bought Amaenaide yo!! Katsu!!. :-(
Aug 30, 2009 2:11 AM

Jul 2009
I think the manga artist was seriously burnt out from doing TLR, and just said FAWK IT since the ending seems super rushed into the last 2 pages.
Aug 30, 2009 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
cuscowrx said:
I think the manga artist was seriously burnt out from doing TLR, and just said FAWK IT since the ending seems super rushed into the last 2 pages.

no, that's because of the divorce. I've read it somewhere in 2chan.net
Aug 30, 2009 3:00 PM
Aug 30, 2009 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
Dragonfly382[65.7% Male said:
]
cuscowrx said:

no, that's because of the divorce. I've read it somewhere in 2chan.net

ah didn't know... that makes sense, since early on TLR focuses more on relationships and the characters, and later it turns into pure ecchi. poor guy T_T
Aug 31, 2009 3:50 AM

Jan 2008
I was expecting too deep of an ending given the genre but the way it ended was to subtle. It was probably hard as the artist to decide whether the story should end with one harem being focused on, or whether it should have ended the way it did with no real resolution.

Overall for Jump, I don't know if I will have any will power to read until the very end anymore.
Aug 31, 2009 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
Spade said:
Since it wasn't posted here yet and the hate seems to continue, let's hear the real reason why it ended so suddenly.

LateBloomer from OneManga forums said:
Here are the details. It's quite a well-known story, actually.

- There is this person called Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website (a large Japanese online community somewhat like Youtube), who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school) and also insinuated that he has something going on with a Kashiwagi Shiho.

- Now this Shiho was the wife of Yabuki Kentaro, the author of To-Love-Ru. She met Yabuki when he was looking for assistants, seduced him and ended up becoming his wife and gave birth to a daughter.

- But she hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.

- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.

- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.

- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.

- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.

- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.

- A comment of Yabuki's while this was all happening:
[While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]

EDIT: I forgot to mention that following the dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.

Yes, life can be so sordid sometimes.

Yabuki is not the author though, just the illustrator but that doesn't change things (besides, nobody would want to read TLR if it were to be continued with a different artist, right?)

yup i knew this that's why i still gave the series an 8, that was a sad story, and quote by Yabuki was DEEP, and i always did not like Haruna, but now i don't like her a little bit more, is that wrong. pft.
Sep 2, 2009 11:02 AM

Mar 2009
that sux ;/
hope Nakamura Ine will play nice with Kashiwagi Shiho until he finds someone better, younger... too bad for the TLR :(

so there was nor ending to TLR in my eyes
i will think of it as Rito's dream/imagination that never happened

and i hope Yabuki will get up after all this and rise his kid well + make some more great manga in future (and maybe finish TLR like the way it was done with Shaman King)
Sep 2, 2009 2:14 PM

Mar 2008
if this would be not the finish chapter it would be good.

but for an ending its horrible
Sep 2, 2009 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah too bad, but i do appreciated the mangaka's job until now, every one too right?

So let's give them a big applause for the great series.

We will be missing To-Love-Ru..

Looking forward to the next project
Sep 2, 2009 3:11 PM

Apr 2008
Laevantein said:

I wonder how many people share that same opinion.

I for one am skeptical to read anymore of his work, only because I've been reading this weekly for the past 3 years and got this type of ending.

It was either "disappoint everyone" with a shoddy ending or "disappoint some people" by having Rito choose someone.

Sadly, the choice was to disappoint everyone. Even under any which circumstance both the mangaka and illustrator were under they should of been aware of the outcome of choosing to do this type of ending.
Sep 2, 2009 3:19 PM

Jul 2009
Lvhina said:
Laevantein said:

I wonder how many people share that same opinion.

I for one am skeptical to read anymore of his work, only because I've been reading this weekly for the past 3 years and got this type of ending.

It was either "disappoint everyone" with a shoddy ending or "disappoint some people" by having Rito choose someone.

Sadly, the choice was to disappoint everyone. Even under any which circumstance both the mangaka and illustrator were under they should of been aware of the outcome of choosing to do this type of ending.
Not so many probably, but not gonna hurt to try
Sep 2, 2009 4:27 PM

May 2008

I still can't believe this is the end...

If this is ACTUALLY the end then I will be pissed off. God dam, seriously lame ending.
Sep 3, 2009 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
After finished reading the final chapter..three words came out from my mind
What The F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 3, 2009 5:48 PM

May 2009
Aw... This was a gay ending D; Well... He's going to marry everyone! :D Because he's going to be the king of the universe!
Sep 3, 2009 9:58 PM
Jul 2008
After the little flower girl it just completely died. I thought there would be more story to go.

Bad ending.
Sep 8, 2009 6:35 PM
Jan 2008
So the reason for TLR turning boring was RL?

What a shame. :-/
Sep 9, 2009 9:38 PM

Jul 2009
XxsamurixX said:
Aw... This was a gay ending D; Well... He's going to marry everyone! :D Because he's going to be the king of the universe!

Lol....how can he became king of universe with his douche& whimp personality? Even to confess his love also screwed up :x
Rito Yuuki..i awarded you "Douche of The Year"
Oct 8, 2009 1:09 PM

Dec 2008
No plot development at all. Such a cliche manga, it did nothing for me. Im just glad its over with, I give it a 4/10. Too predictable.

Oct 11, 2009 12:51 PM

Aug 2009
that end sucks! Rito couldn't even say properly his feelings to Haruna.
I was thinking in reading it, since I wanted to know what happened after the anime events, but now...

Nov 19, 2009 2:05 PM

Feb 2008
it was fun and enjoyible
Nov 25, 2009 12:13 PM
Jul 2009
Even though the ending SUCKED, I really liked the manga overall. 8/10

*sigh* What a waste... it had potential for some good drama (Yui). :(
Nov 29, 2009 8:26 PM

Aug 2009
ya soo I can't belive it was over.the manga was good i really liked the drawing but the ending runined it.
I actually kept reading this and i couldn't wait till the next scan each week but now...argh
just like mx0.good manga BAD ending.
why couldnt it have an ending like Suzuka, Ichigo 100 or love hina? those were good onescwith a pretty good ending
Apr 20, 2010 6:06 PM
Jul 2008
Damn this controversial ending...
Jun 4, 2010 3:26 PM
Jan 2010
Does anyone nows if it's gonna be a season 2 of To Love-Ru?? If the answer is not, i'm gonna jump of my house :((
I really liked To Love-Ru even that there were bad episodes, i really liked in the generality
And what makes me sad about it is everyone talking bad things about To Love-Ru. =/
Jul 30, 2010 1:33 AM
Jul 2010
Oh come on! Worst ending I have ever seen!

I liked the series, but this ending was simply a fail...
Jul 31, 2010 12:39 AM
Jan 2010
not sure if it was said, but it ended because of the author's issues. Haruna was based on Yabuki's ex wife, so she demanded money and forced Yabuki to end it.
Albeit, it still could've ended better.
Sep 5, 2010 7:40 PM

Jul 2010
I really liked the manga but WHY THE FUCK WOULD IT END LIKE THAT?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2010 12:07 AM

Dec 2009
gregory003 said:
I really liked the manga but WHY THE FUCK WOULD IT END LIKE THAT?

Blame Yabuki's Ex Wife
Oct 1, 2010 4:26 PM
Apr 2010
pretty good for an ecchi manga
ill like the ending it could have been a lot worse
the final confession should have been to sairenji and then the rest later
and what was with the nurse i found that to be silly cuz she was never part of his harem she was kind of thrown in there but i expected the other three including lala's sister
im glade they dropped the boy half of Run he wasnt really needed that much at all and he kind of disappeared at the end of the manga and that was good

i really like lala's reaction to his confession to everyone she was never the jealous type and it really good that it turned out how it did

i really like polygamy in harems thats the way it should be

i wish the was a time skip but o well
Nov 6, 2010 6:36 AM
Sep 2009
you cry, but naw begins "to love Ru - Darknes", so be happy :D
Jan 11, 2011 5:37 AM
Nov 2008
Horrible ending =/

It gradually got worse and worse towards the end, had the potential to be a lot better than just a generic ecchi/haram manga but the complete lack of story line made finishing it tedious.
Nov 25, 2011 9:18 PM

Aug 2011
polygamy ending thats a new one eh could have been better but it could have been way worse as well and ive seen some pretty bad harem endings 3/5 ending 8/10 overall, it was entertaining, no kiss though that would have been nice :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2013 2:47 AM

Jun 2008
Yep.....lame ending indeed, I finally decided to read TLR (original) but I actually started with Darkness.

And it was such a huge difference, I think anyone that reads the two can see that it's like reading two completely different series.

TLR was too simplistic, it focused on Lala and Haruna (and let's be honest, they're nowhere near as interesting as Momo, Yami, and Mea).

TLR wasn't bad at all, it just wasn't great either.....6/10

TLR Darkness on the other hand, pretty much improves on EVERYTHING.

The art is drastically better, the story is still pretty random, but at least it has better structure.....but of course most important of all, the ecchi improved ten folds.
Jul 8, 2013 10:20 PM

Aug 2010
Well the ending was pretty random but it did fit the overall mood of the manga. It would actually be weird if Rito ended up picking up a girl. This manga has never actually been serious. Looking forward to Darkness as it looks like it'll focus more on Yami and Momo(the 2 best to Love ru girls imo)

overall a 7/10 for this manga.
Apr 1, 2014 11:14 PM
Jul 2013
Finally over. bared through 162 chapters so i could read the sequel which i heard is good
May 22, 2014 9:24 AM

Jan 2014
lol.i read some guys were expecting something like drama and conclusions or whatever...i wonder if they were reading the same manga...whatever no story,decent art,good characters,good fan service 8/10
Jan 10, 2015 4:26 AM

Apr 2012
Somehow I don't mind this ending. It's typical for this manga and I like almost every girl from To Love Ru so I wouldn't want them to be sad or something like that ^^
Apr 8, 2015 10:17 PM

Apr 2011
would have hated this ending if I didn't know there was sequel lol

7/10
Nov 19, 2015 8:30 PM

Nov 2015
as a haruna fanboy i hate this ending so much...salty af
Sep 28, 2016 3:34 AM

Jun 2015
First off, the art for the entire series was fantastic. It was consistently just as good as always which is quite rare in alot of longer series.

I will say I quite enjoyed the series. Its nice to read a series with almost zero plot every once in a while since theres so much seriousness out there.

What ruined it for me? Of course it was the ending. I absolutely HATE finshing harem series because almost all of them end the exact same way. Its like there a fricking template that these authors use to make the endings the same.
The thing is, I should have expected it. Why would I believe a harem series would end differently? Everyone could see exactly how it was going to go but I still continued to the end hoping it would be different.
And there was no question who Rito should end up with. He actually confessed to Lala but didnt manage to with Haruna so it clear which he should have ended with. I would of even liked the polygamy ending that Lala suggested.

It would have been awesome for a little time skip where Rito actually became lord of the galaxy. Just that little extra would have set the series apart from all the other harems. But the thing is, harems seem to sell. And who likes them? On every harem whether its Anime or Manga, the comments are always about the dense male character and crap ending etc. But they keep pumping them out!

In conclusion, the series was still fun to read and the artwork was awesome as expected of the mangaka for Black Cat(would have been nice if he did the story as well) but the textbook harem ending was crap as always. The only saving grace is that im writing this in the future compared to alot of other comments which were written when the series finished in 2009. So im aware there is a sequel well under way which ive heard is a tonne better so I think ill get started with that one :)
Oct 4, 2016 11:39 AM

Jun 2016
The ending of the original series seems pretty rushed, likely due to the circumstances between Yabuki and his ex. I suspect Yabuki and Hasemi made sure Rito paired up with no one at the end so that they could make To Love-Ru Darkness, where Momo starts setting up a harem for Rito. Even then, there could've still been a better way to end this series.

This chapter was acceptable up until the point where Oshizu disrupted the confession.
Dec 6, 2017 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Everyone here saying the ending sucked, the manga has not ended the creator has come out saying he is not done with the series yet. So expect another manga in the near future.
Jun 30, 2020 9:30 AM
Jan 2018
lol that wasn't a harem ending lol
Oct 13, 2020 12:07 PM

Sep 2019
I wouldn’t mind if he married both Lala and Haruna but this ending was bad. I would give a lower rating if I had read this back in the day. Since I know there is a sequel, I’m giving 8/10 to the legend of ecchi.
z00nexOct 16, 2020 3:23 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 26, 2009

2 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 59 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 25, 2009

1 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 58 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 25, 2009

1 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 57 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 25, 2009

3 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Chapter 56 Discussion

rebwaters - Jun 22, 2009

1 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.