Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2009 8:06 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No review page for Ep 5? hmm is my browser messed up?

Enter Hans the porcavian pig! the cheery piglet mascot of squad 7!

Another triumphant victory for squad 7 with the help of squad 1, man these guys sure are invincible, they retook a supply base and forced a famed imperial general to retreat and the only damage they took was.. a graze on Alicia's leg?

The empire and to a lesser extent the Gallian regulars seem to be suffering from the Worf Effect.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWorfEffect

Aug 12, 2009 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
Nyanta said:

No review page for Ep 5? hmm is my browser messed up?

hmm it's not u i dont see it either lolz
it could be it was deleted?
but im pretty sure there once was a episode 5 poll discussion XD
Jun 22, 2010 9:32 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was so amusing - first time I voted "Loved it" for an episode, too. XD I love watching Faldio and Alicia interact. Great entertainment, seriously.

Welkin really is turning into a great commander... Rather, it seems he was one from the start! Natural born leader~

Liking how everything is going! I wonder what'll happen further with this Jaeger guy, though...? Prefer him over... Gregor, was it? Jaeger's cooler -- well, as much as an enemy can be. :P
Sep 29, 2010 3:53 PM
Mar 2010
Haha i loved this ep, this series seems to have a good mix of comedy and action.
Winged pigs ftw ...
Jun 5, 2011 9:23 PM

Apr 2009
So the winged pig I was seeing on the ED was actually a character after all? LOL

I don't get Gregor and Jaeger withdrawal, was Welkin's simultaneous attack really that strong that they had to retreat? And that last sniper on the tower must be crossed eyed or something to only graze Alicia's leg! XP
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 20, 2011 10:45 PM

Aug 2010
So Faldio really has the hots for Alicia...don't remember it being like that in the game but I was a long time ago that i finished it so i can't be too sure.

Hans FTW! ^^
Aug 2, 2011 6:01 AM

Apr 2009
Pigs can fly! Or so they seem to be. Thus Squad 7 gets its very own mascot. Faldio's been hitting on Alicia for a while now, while Welkin was being dense and clueless. Or so he seems...
Aug 21, 2011 1:29 PM

Aug 2010
Alicia trying to act moe
Feb 16, 2013 6:41 AM

Jul 2010
Now "the emergency food supply" have been acquired.
Mar 25, 2013 10:30 AM

Jun 2011
No, really.. WTF with those Alicia and Faldio moments, I sure hope Alicia doesn't fall for him..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 23, 2013 9:37 AM

Jul 2013
This series is starting to look like those over the top Hollywood action movies where the enemies are fucking dumb and the good guys are invincible. It's like how the fuck two small squads managed to destroy almost an entire platoon and the only damage they got was a small scratch on Alicia's thigh, did the Imperial soldiers never learn how to shoot? where are the enemy's lancers? Why did no one thought to shoot Edelweiss at the same time using the multiple tanks they had? surely constant barrage would dent Edelweiss' armor eventually? why did the Imperial never plant land mines to protect their base? I doubt even Edelweiss could withstand a direct blow from below. They said they have superior numbers yet once Faldio's squad showed up they have to retreat? what, they only had 10 soldiers protecting the base or something? did they not have any scout to tell them that the enemies only number around 20s?

We also keep seeing the Gallian use grenades and lancers but the Imperial never used them to blow up Gallian soldiers hiding behind the sand bags. The enemies have lancers, grenades, and land mines in the game yet here the Gallians look like they have superior technology that makes you wonder how they ever got pushed back by the Imperials.
Oct 13, 2013 9:55 PM

Sep 2013
Wow the pig is a character.

That lance rocket thing is really cool.

I've noticed something one sub group (not sure of the names) has the episode with op and ed subbed while another one skips the op and ed to add information about the game.
Jun 21, 2015 2:00 AM

Oct 2012
It's not flying pig!
Hans is a porcavian!! xD

That's what I'm waiting for!
Largo with lance, not with guns.. Because he's a lancer xD

I really like Alicia's expression in anime more than in game xD

Lewd episode is coming next!!
"Signature removed"
Jun 23, 2015 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
Based Jaeger. If only he wasn't on the enemy side.

Goddamnit Ramal. ''Quick Ramal, cover Alicia!''
Doesn't cover her

I know that Faldio is the designed sexual harasser, but he should moderate a bit. You're in a stealth operation and you start to flirt? As a commander, he isn't very clever. Also, it made me burst out laughing when he was flirting and ended up talking about Welkin. So he's the kind of flirter that end up talking about his friends...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 30, 2015 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
The characters in this show really aren't doing it for me. The protagonist in particular represents a character archetype/trope that I absolutely loathe. Sitting through all 26 episodes with this guy as the lead is going to be tough to say the least.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 5, 2016 9:32 PM
Dec 2015
I feel like I would be enjoying this show a lot more if I hadn't already played the game and had character expectations.

All of Faldio's interactions feel...wrong, to say the least. Borderline harassment where it doesn't fit.

Also I hope Welkin breaks his one-track mold in this show; he didn't really in the game, but that would be a change I wouldn't mind.

The grey areas are becoming more black/white. Squad 7 beat all of Gregor's garrison...how, exactly? Plot armor, that's how. They're good guys. Might've worked in the game, didn't work for me in a show. Ah well.
Apr 28, 2016 6:00 AM

Mar 2014
The Signs of Bravery . In addition , a rare animal joins the squad ~ .
Credits for the Subs ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 6:46 PM

Mar 2017
I am no longer watching this for the story. From now on, its all about Hans.
Apr 23, 2020 10:49 PM

Mar 2019
A nice episode.

Alicia already showed that there's something special about her, and looks like Faldio recognized it.

We get to see Faldio's other members. If I'm not mistaken, they're Herbert, Rosina, Musaad, and Wendy.
Oct 8, 2021 1:06 AM

Apr 2016
There was a boss here.

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.