Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2009 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
The idea of this thread comes from the age old battle of Microsoft vs Sony, of Xbox 360 vs PS3.The goal of this thread is simple: make logical arguments in favor of one console and logically bash the other.
Example: Remember that exclusive you had? Well now it's ours and it's improved.
It's not to be taken too seriously, but don't just make yourself look like an idiot.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 12, 2009 2:48 PM

Nov 2006
I like both.
Aug 12, 2009 4:40 PM

Feb 2008
Alright, I'll have to start. What is with the absorbent prices for downloadable Xbox 360 games!? I thought that Xbox finally might get a leg up on Sony in the full downloadable game department, but it is abundantly clear that Microsoft is testing to see how much frustration it can cause the consumer before they have to lower the prices.
Also, what is with the outrageously high Avatar clothing!? It was bad enough when home charged $1 for an item of clothing, but at least it was in the realm of reasonability.
Aug 12, 2009 5:45 PM

Jul 2007
MichaelMCP said:
Also, what is with the outrageously high Avatar clothing!? It was bad enough when home charged $1 for an item of clothing, but at least it was in the realm of reasonability.

80 MS points = $1. Most of the shirts, pants, shoes, etc are 80 points, so thats just about even with what Sony is charging for Home stuff. its when you get into the full suits and themed stuff that you start to get pricey (400 for the lightsaber is a little much for example) but in the end, they aren't making you buy this stuff, you are welcome to boycott it. i'm sure they will keep adding the free stuff every now and then like they were. no big deal.

as far as Microsoft's pricing for some arcade games, yes, i would have to agree with you for some of them. but what can you do? MS is in this to make money, and if you really want the game, u'll put the money up and get it. Remember when people were up in arms over full retail games hitting the $60 mark? Now, its the industry standard....*shrug* we'll live....

--------------------------------------------------------

Do i have any fanboy rage? not really rage...more like "wow". The Elite is getting a price drop, $299, the Pro price point. Rumor has it that the Pro is goin to be discontinued and it will only be the high end Elite and dirt cheap Arcade available on the market. if that doesn't shock you....consider this...the Nintendo Wii (which, back in the day, was the cheap man's console) costs $250....think about that...the Elite at basically the Wii price point....that puts a lot of pressure on Sony and Nintendo to cut their prices...
Aug 12, 2009 8:35 PM

Feb 2008
I may want to note that I am appalled by both Home and Avatars actually costing money.By downloadable Xbox 360 games I am referring to the full retail games you can download. I am however going to note the trend of charging $15 for the "better" downloadable games.
Aug 13, 2009 2:02 AM

Nov 2006
Do you guys actually buy stuff for HOME/Avatar? oO... I just play around with it for the boredom but other than that, I don't go near it.

I hate the MS Points/Wii Points, why not just make it normal prices like on the PSN where I am in control of my spending's? I can't buy any points I want. 1200MSP($15USD) for MvC2 but I am forced to buy 2000MSP($25USD)?! -.-

Oh and gamerpics overpriced are tempting if they are good enough to buy for meh :S
Aug 13, 2009 10:01 AM

Jul 2007
The reason for the MS Points is that there is a single currency on xbox live. They changed the system for Games on Demand and everybody got mad at them because the prices were absurd. They should keep it in the MS point system. Also, I usually never buy anything from the PS store because I never have money on their. It is linked to a credit card, but it is too much of a hassle.
Aug 13, 2009 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
spartan112g said:
The reason for the MS Points is that there is a single currency on xbox live. They changed the system for Games on Demand and everybody got mad at them because the prices were absurd. They should keep it in the MS point system. Also, I usually never buy anything from the PS store because I never have money on their. It is linked to a credit card, but it is too much of a hassle.

Too much of a hassle? Both consoles can be easily linked to a credit card, with no indesternable difference in between.
Aug 13, 2009 10:21 AM

Aug 2008
Xbox in general is better... has more GOOD multiplayer games and quite a few GOOD solo games... and I remain to say that bioschock SHOULD ONLY be on 360 and pc... bc its a microsoft game... anyway, i stand in my opinion that xbox is better...

I will give some praise to the ps3 tho... it is a relatively good system where u DON'T need to pay to access multiplayer online
Aug 13, 2009 10:40 AM

Feb 2008
Aquatos said:
Xbox in general is better... has more GOOD multiplayer games and quite a few GOOD solo games... and I remain to say that bioschock SHOULD ONLY be on 360 and pc... bc its a microsoft game... anyway, i stand in my opinion that xbox is better...

I will give some praise to the ps3 tho... it is a relatively good system where u DON'T need to pay to access multiplayer online

I think the good exclusive games are about equal. So far this year the PS3 has gotten 2 good exclusives while the Xbox has yet to receive any.
Aug 13, 2009 11:23 AM
Jun 2007
MichaelMCP said:
Aquatos said:

I think the good exclusive games are about equal. So far this year the PS3 has gotten 2 good exclusives while the Xbox has yet to receive any.

I'll disagree with this and dare to say that xbox360's exclusives are a piece of shit. Most of them get ported on pc and are way better and you're left with your inferior version. The only reason I still own it is because you can pirate games you're pretty sure you won't buy.

Now for PS3 rage. The console manages to offer me some exclusives but whatthefuck is with this piece of shit PSN. It's a real bitch and I think that people who have BT Broadband will agree with this. You can't connect whilst other stuff like laptops, xbox, etc. have no problems. And even if you manage to get connected most of the time the game lags and has some serious delays (I'm talking to you Killzone 2). Seriously when Sony is such a huge company why can't they fix something like this.

Aug 13, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2006
sevenf said:
MichaelMCP said:
Aquatos said:

I'll disagree with this and dare to say that xbox360's exclusives are a piece of shit. Most of them get ported on pc and are way better and you're left with your inferior version. The only reason I still own it is because you can pirate games you're pretty sure you won't buy.
I somewhat agree with the Xbox 360 exclusives, but hey that's all I got on mines really nothing but a select few from that exclusive list.
Aug 13, 2009 7:48 PM

Aug 2008
Bioshock SHOULD have been microsoft exculsive but it isnt anymore... ps3 has yet o fork over one of their best games to us... like oh i dont know, metal gear or something <_<
Aug 13, 2009 9:17 PM

Feb 2008
Aquatos said:
Bioshock SHOULD have been microsoft exculsive but it isnt anymore... ps3 has yet o fork over one of their best games to us... like oh i dont know, metal gear or something <_<

... NO DEAL...
Anyway, we already shared Grand Theft Auto 4, and then you had to slap us in the face with exclusive DLC.
Aug 13, 2009 11:11 PM

Nov 2006
Aquatos said:
What do you mean by "microsoft exclusive" because they didn't make it. oO

Talking about GTA4's exclusive DLC... The Joker playable on the PS3-Only.
Aug 14, 2009 12:55 AM
Jun 2007
Aquatos said:

Bioshock was ported on Windows. Microsoft owns Windows. Here's your Microsoft exclusives.

Aug 14, 2009 8:47 AM

Nov 2006
And?
Aug 14, 2009 10:12 AM
Jun 2007
Be more specific man.

Aug 14, 2009 4:42 PM

Nov 2006
lol well it seem to me ike you didn't finish what you were trying to say but the game was still not developed by Microsoft and 2K had the choice to stick with it or not. Pretty much saying any game that comes out on the 360 first needs to stay there.
Aug 15, 2009 4:36 AM
Jun 2007
Refraction said:
lol well it seem to me ike you didn't finish what you were trying to say but the game was still not developed by Microsoft and 2K had the choice to stick with it or not. Pretty much saying any game that comes out on the 360 first needs to stay there.

If they can earn even more money from porting the game on another platform - they will.
And most of those companies don't choose whether they keep it exclusive or not. They're paid for keeping it exclusive, once the contract or something ends so does the exclusive.

Aug 15, 2009 11:56 AM

Nov 2006
sevenf said:
And most of those companies don't choose whether they keep it exclusive or not. They're paid for keeping it exclusive, once the contract or something ends so does the exclusive.
And where would you get some information like that?
Aug 15, 2009 12:30 PM
Jun 2007
Refraction said:
sevenf said:
And where would you get some information like that?

Dunno if I can provide you with a source but I'm pretty sure that there are some articles about this. Plus I think it should be fairly obvious.

Aug 15, 2009 8:41 PM

Nov 2006
Well I can understand that. But no one will ever know if that's what really happened or not, we'll just keep repeating the same assumptions over and over again.
Aug 16, 2009 9:17 PM

Jul 2007
Grand Theft Auto
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear

....what BIG Sony game is left for Microsoft to steal?

-Little Big Planet? (which i think think would do quite well on Xbox Live, in terms of level sharing)
-Killzone? (call of duty?)
-Uncharted? (ehhhhh)

what am i missing?
Aug 17, 2009 12:37 PM

Feb 2008
ghostxlix said:
Grand Theft Auto
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear

....what BIG Sony game is left for Microsoft to steal?

-Little Big Planet? (which i think think would do quite well on Xbox Live, in terms of level sharing)
-Killzone? (call of duty?)
-Uncharted? (ehhhhh)

what am i missing?

Infamous
Resistance 1 & 2
Ratchet and Clank
Aug 17, 2009 1:36 PM

Jul 2007
MichaelMCP said:

Infamous
Resistance 1 & 2
Ratchet and Clank

ehhhhhhhh, i don't think infamous has been around long enough to call it a BIG Sony title, i'll give u resistance...R+C? ehhhhhh, maybe, maybe not?
Aug 21, 2009 6:27 PM
May 2009
MichaelMCP said:
Alright, I'll have to start. What is with the absorbent prices for downloadable Xbox 360 games!? I thought that Xbox finally might get a leg up on Sony in the full downloadable game department, but it is abundantly clear that Microsoft is testing to see how much frustration it can cause the consumer before they have to lower the prices.

i really do not have a problem with the pricing of games over the market place...... the price is reasonable,,,, 5 - 10 bucks for nearly any arcade game.... there is no argument...
second, xbox does do free stuff, and if you think the prices are too high... try finding a lower damn price.. You cant,,,,,
as for the avatar crap, yeah its a little pricey, but you act as though you must buy it....
i like 360 because it attracts the best titles, has the best titles, and will have, for the foreseeable future, have the best titles..... all the left overs are given to Sony, there are a couple games i wish the xbox had that ps3 has though.... and as for the wii, i can see why it appeals and why it doesnt apeal.
Nov 2, 2012 8:59 PM

Apr 2012
I do like both consles but the one thing I hate is paying for online in xbox while the two other consles does it for free! WHAT THE FUCK!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Recent Events Apology and Welcome Back to myself

TheGearGuard - Jul 30, 2021

2 by JaYzM2 »»
Jul 30, 2021 5:19 PM

» What are you Playing?

TheGearGuard - Mar 23, 2021

14 by Blackhawksnip3r »»
Apr 15, 2021 5:09 PM

» Xbox Gamertags

TheGearGuard - Feb 18, 2021

8 by TheGearGuard »»
Apr 9, 2021 12:28 AM

» Active?

TheGearGuard - Sep 11, 2020

1 by Rojo »»
Mar 3, 2021 7:09 AM

» Xbox Club Revival

TheGearGuard - Feb 9, 2021

6 by TheGearGuard »»
Feb 12, 2021 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.