Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2009 5:32 AM

May 2008
Most of you will probably know Dygnatus (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=68554) and I thought I might just as well share with you a preview of the next version I am working on. The next version is not going to replace the current version, but will merely be a (more powerful) alternative. See the dygnature below, seems pretty normal right? Now hover over it and click somewhere :P Aside from that the new code will allow me to create a new site where you will register and where you can control your dygnature(s). (Getting rid of the long ugly url's)

Another nice feature of the new dygnatus is that it accepts any background and will place a transparent rectangle on it and the fontsize and thumb sizes are automatically adjusted:

So, I personally love this new version, despite the fact that it won't be possible anymore to create perfect collaboration between background and content (using custom angle's, custom fontsize, custom colours, etc. etc. etc.), now the dygnature became's more useful then ever as it becomes actually worth clicking on. Who didn't come across an interesting picture in somebody's signature and next had to spent another 5 minutes searching for the actual mal.net site, as the name wasn't included or simply because you first opened the animelist of that person and then had to search through his or her list to find the anime. EDIT: That previous sentence was totally out of place... hmmm... hope you get the point I tried to make. (And to all other developers, I hope you will soon follow this principe!!!)

PS. The dygnatures above aren't yet updating, as the new crontab mechanism isn't totally finished yet, to update I still need right now to visit a specific private script, but this will of course all be changed in the final version. EDIT: It should be updating now, though I decided to use a beautifuler/uglier/stranger/easier/faster way to do it Oh, and sorry for my long-winded style of writing --- we are taught this style in school... and I can't get rid of it even during summer holiday.
GreatSAug 12, 2009 7:59 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2009 8:11 AM

May 2008
The background and color choice were mostly random as they were taken from some gallery examples used in the original dygnatus. And I was just wondering, did you open the spoiler area (it contains three other example, of which two have a plain background).

---

And automatic updating should work now as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» English essay

Jeycopp - Feb 3, 2015

12 by JeanParcks »»
3 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.