Forum Settings
Forums

Which type of shoujo-ai/yuri pairings do you like the most?

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2012 5:05 PM

Jul 2008
Feminine girl x Masculine girl.
I actually like wolf-girls and tomboys in a yuri couple, it spices the relationship up.
Jun 8, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2011
It doesn't matter at all to me. I like variety. :) My favorite lesbian couple is Haruka and Michiru, but I wouldn't say that I have a preference for lesbian couples comprised of a "butch" and "femme." My focus is more on the personality of the characters, and not so much their physical appearance or gender.
Jun 28, 2012 1:48 AM

Jun 2012
My favorite pairing is Mireille and Kirika from Noir. Its hard to say exactly what category they fit though. They both show feminine qualities to their character at various points in the show. At the same time Noir tends to defy gender stereotypes, and casts both of them in the more masculine roles of warrior and protector as an ongoing part of the story. I would say that their relationship is one of equals, and the traditional roles of masculine/feminine doesn't really apply to Noir.
Jul 5, 2012 9:39 AM

Mar 2012
Fem x Fem!
You don't see that in the real world. Oh well, what do I know? I don't see yuri at all! :( Anyway, I think I've never watched/read any anime/manga where both girls are shy.
Aug 6, 2012 4:40 PM
Aug 2011
All pairings are great, though I would love to see two masculine females in an anime or manga.
My problem with most some fem X fem pairings is the lack of strong personalities.
but anyway, I really loved haruka X michiru and would love to see another pairing like them. -two strong women, one fem and the other masculine...it's refreshing.

oh and hey :) didn't really intro myself...

-b.j
Aug 24, 2012 11:33 PM

Dec 2010
I personally like both types. Masculine/Feminine looking it's all good to me.
However, my favorite dynamic is 'the tease' + 'exasperated target.'
The tease is always messin' around with her target, while the target is constantly trying to get her to knock it off. Sometimes the target teases back when the opportunity arises throwing the tease off guard a bit. They probably engage in playful banter quite a bit as well. I find this awfully adorable and I think it's partly because I'm 'the tease' in real life. :P
May 7, 2015 10:02 PM
May 2015
I'm one of the rare few who's into masculine x feminine, but with the more masculine girl as the bottom/submissive. I've just got a thing for butch bottoms. Anyone know any good series with this type of pairing ?
Jun 27, 2015 1:27 AM
Nov 2014
All types are nice, though in my taste shoujo-ai is better served as part of a relationship rather than the relationship being 100% lesbian.

Let me explain : we have lots of anime where two men and/or a man a woman form a kickass pairing and have some good chemistry in between them. We call them "bros" or "buddies".

That's why in the rare shows where two female characters really work well together while having maybe a faint warm hint of romantic relationship, I'm all for the pair =)
Mar 20, 2022 11:05 AM
Sep 2020
Any types of shoujo-ai is fine. But after thinking for sometime, it think tsundere couple would be interesting and funny, e.g. Himawari and Sakurako from YuruYuri :3
Mar 24, 2022 2:48 PM

Jan 2021
As long as it's romance written goodly, I'm fine with all kinds of shoujo-ai! But it seems that Japanese anime and manga prefer portraying romance between two feminine girls. And if the girl is masculine, she is usually good at sports and is very cheerful. Maybe there could be more works in creating characters that break the stereotypes, e.g. masculine girls who like to be quiet and stay in (just like me lol), as well as feminine girls who like sports?
May 15, 2022 7:45 AM
( Β°β—‘Β°)/
Oct 2021
It doesn't matter, all types of shoujo-ai is win!

I haven't come across any stories with masculine x masculine as yet though ':/ (welcoming recommendations)
Jun 12, 2023 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
I like them to be interesting people.
In anime and manga, lot of lesbian couples are unfortunately two cute moe girls, which can be okay. I liked Princess Principal at least, but the difference here is that the art style is moe, the two girls, especially Ange, are interesting.
Also I miss to see bit older lesbians, most are teen romances, aka typical high school girls.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your sexual orientation? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Kyo - Jun 10, 2009

1186 by euls »»
Aug 15, 2023 9:39 PM

» Ouji-sama nante iranai by Harushion (not on mal!, 200 pages) - Marimite/class-s like

Wannabiteme - Jun 4, 2023

1 by JB-94 »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:17 AM

» what kind of Shoujo-ai & Yuri do you like ? ( 1 2 )

pitman - Aug 3, 2007

85 by HaruHaruLove »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:32 AM

» What anime made you cry? ( 1 2 )

deletemeplzz - Sep 11, 2009

57 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 13, 2023 11:26 AM

» The boundaries of yuri (+ shoujo ai as for mal) - genderbender, crossdressing etc

Wannabiteme - Feb 25, 2016

4 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 12, 2023 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.