Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 21, 2017 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
I actually liked this episode.
I enjoyed the slow pace and ambiance of it.
Good to see pink haired loli too
Sep 14, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2013
The episode was stretched too thin. Outside of Saten (I like watching her grow past her failure, regarding the level-upper incident), it just didn't have much of anything worth talking about. Even the background music felt a bit too little; the melancholic tone and the slower pacing could have benefited from more music.
Dec 12, 2017 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
G_Spark233 said:
I like Saten but I still didn't care too much for this episode.

Basically this. Saten is the most interesting girl of the four, but somehow this episode just felt like nothing happened.
Feb 3, 2018 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
An okay episode. Liked the character development for Saten.

Nice seeing Komoe sensei.

Mar 19, 2018 1:55 PM

Feb 2012
Underage teacher...Pani Poni Dash, anyone?

Eyebrows girl!

I ship Ruiko with bowl cut endurance boy

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 6, 2018 7:57 AM

Jul 2015
Nice episode focused on Saten and other characters from the level upper arc who used it, I hope the classes helped them regain optimism and improve towards their goal of having stronger abilities... or having one in first place.
Dec 6, 2018 10:15 PM

Dec 2014
hmm focus on Saten san..I really hope she gets abilities though
Jan 8, 2019 4:17 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, a filler well done.

More development for Saten.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 14, 2019 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
Satan is best girl
Jan 22, 2020 10:22 AM

Sep 2018
Despite being a self-contained episode, the narrative is a sort of occasion to reflect, seen from this point of view, the episode has its own value even if it was expected a departure of a new narrative arc, after the short break made with the previous episode. As for me, the episode was not boring, because if you look at the pink-haired professor of Index.
Mar 21, 2020 4:53 PM
Feb 2019
ngl, this is my second favourite episode of the series thus far. I love the character development this episode with Saten-san and some others, and the whole theme of the episode as a whole really spoke to me. It may be filler, but it may have been the best filler i have ever seen uwu.
Apr 15, 2020 11:27 PM

Aug 2018
Well, Kuroko.. If you want to spend more time with Misaka and share more things with her.. You might really want to try to spend time with cute things she likes.. Not call it childlish right from start.. It would deepen your relationship, really.. Though, I guess, there isn't one way to build relationship.. If you hope to have teasing relationship, it can work as well sometimes, I guess..
Oh, girl with big eyebrows! She wasn't put to jail it seems or something, after all.. Glad, that it's so.. She made mistakes, but punishment for her shouldn't have been like the serious criminal, really..
It seems that Saten still has thoughts or feelings that bother her after Level Upper incident.. Well, I wonder, if we'll have more of this, or not.. I'll be fine either way.. I mean, I'd want a bit more of this.. But wouldn't expect too much, so will be fine, if they'll just close this topic.. But if they'll do something more with this - I'm personally interested..
Well, I'm glad Saten got to talk a bit about her worries with big eyebrows girl.. My internet died, so can't check her name, no disrespect here, I'm bad with names.. I like her actually.. I hope they continue their friendship or whichever relationship with Saten.. ;p
So these additional lessons actually got students, who used Level Upper, not just students, who had bad grades?.. Is that it?.. Or not?..
The limit talk is very important, I feel.. This concept of personal reality, personal imagination of espers is the central after all for their powers.. So they have to continue to believe that they can do even better than now, better than nothing, if that's the case.. They have to continue believe.. Because that's how things work for espers in this world..
I have a feeling that might be the last episode we see girl with big eyebrows Juufuku.. I would like she'd become a constant friend of Saten, and get more screen time.. Well, because yuri, she's cute, and I like her relationship with Saten.. Well, will see.. Still was at least nice to see that everything is alright with her after her incident.. I'm glad for that..
Jul 6, 2020 11:51 PM

May 2016
Failure can sure be hard those who haven’t went through one that had big affect
on their life cannot understand the beauty of this episode.

5/5
Oct 27, 2020 6:17 AM

Dec 2016
i actually feel bad for Saten :( hope she gets her ability soon. this ep was nice, Saten is the best girl c:
Nov 24, 2020 9:45 PM

Nov 2015
simple, yet i liked it alot… how is this filler my favourite episode so far?
Mar 16, 2021 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was absolutely amazing to come back to! - 9.2/10

Ruiko Saten is my favourite character, not just in this show and not just in anime... but favourite character in all of fiction, from the first minute she was on screen until the last she was amazing, all her dialogue and ways she thinks is almost like she ripped the thoughts out of my head.

Anyways the actual episode, this one hits close to home being someone who's had difficulties learning all my life, extra classes galore, feels like a punishment for not being good enough and sometimes you just want to cheat your way to the top... but in the end you're only cheating yourself - No joke this may join my list of stand-alone 10/10 episodes.

v If you're a Ruiko fan such as myself v
removed-userMar 16, 2021 8:09 PM
May 26, 2022 5:29 AM
Oct 2019
Now that was a good character development episode for Saten.
It may not seem much but it's there.

Surpass your limit, right here right now. Reminds me of Captain Yami from Black Clover.
Sep 2, 2022 3:01 PM
Jan 2018
It was emotional but packed no real thrill like the main anime,since it is filler
Nov 29, 2023 4:50 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to UnknownFact
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So what are your thoughts?
@UnknownFact Fun episode. (this reply is 13 years later into the future.)
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Dec 2018
Best episode yet. The little girl was a riot, but the way the instructors handled everything was inspiring.
May 9, 2:08 PM
Jan 2023
While not the most eventful episode, I do feel that this one is rather important, particularly for Saten's character development.

Loli sensei was the teacher, so my guess is that this was at Touma's school. Just using previous knowledge from A Certain Magical Index here.

Invisible girl made another appearance too! Seems she's changing for the better too.

It was so sweet how Misaka, Shirai and Uiharu come to pick up Saten.

I have a feeling that there will be another story arc starting soon, can't wait!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 5, 2010

149 by povsuduvolosy »»
May 27, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

166 by Guren_Der »»
May 22, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

373 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

213 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 26, 2010

147 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 18, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.