Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (52) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2013
emeraldtryst said:
Just had a revelation...if we're going to have all the short stories in one thread, are we also going to have the comments in the same thread? Seems like that might make things more than a bit cluttered after a few of them get posted...

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

Also, to be frank, it seems not a lot of people are interested in even doing any short stories as they are more concerned with their main story instead. I, for one, really do like the current system as it allows those who don't write stories to add but it's a shame that most just ignore it and everything else about it...
Sep 30, 2014 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
@Beast - You're probably right. Still working with Chim on some stuff.

@Asp - Well, it was opened up as an option right about the time the disagreements started. I don't think it's being ignored so much as put on hold by the people interested. Doesn't stop people from writing their own (as you did).

Also, I took another look and Chim left the first post open as an index to link to the stories when they show up, so I don't think it'll be a problem to just allow normal comments in there, we just need to update the index when a new short story gets posted.
Sep 30, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
yo eme, sorry for not answering to your pm ^^

everything fine in here?
Sep 30, 2014 8:53 PM

Apr 2012
Someone just told me beast has given up his position as lord Kaori? You guys looking for someone else to take the position?
Sep 30, 2014 9:00 PM

Nov 2013
apparently there going to be a vote
Sep 30, 2014 9:03 PM

Apr 2012
Clarus_Nox said:
apparently there going to be a vote

How do I become a candidate? Kaori will be mine again!
Sep 30, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2013
ask emerald
Sep 30, 2014 10:20 PM

Sep 2013
I'm curious... What positions were going to be up for grabs?
Sep 30, 2014 10:23 PM

Nov 2013
as far as im aware only kaori

i think you mentioned possibly leaving as well but that might have been someone else...
Sep 30, 2014 11:50 PM

Apr 2012
Alright, things are a bit confusing right now so I'll ask. If a need the permission from a GM to get a concept for my story approved who am I supposed to currently go to?
Oct 1, 2014 12:49 AM

Nov 2013
emerald is head GM as i understand it

he's been nominated and as far as im aware nobody has opposed or denied it
Oct 1, 2014 12:59 AM

Apr 2012
Clarus_Nox said:
emerald is head GM as i understand it

he's been nominated and as far as im aware nobody has opposed or denied it

I actually went to Eme and though he approved the concept his status as head GM is still full of bullfuckery that makes things vague even to him.
Basically Eme ain't sure if he's head GM.
Oct 1, 2014 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
mdude009 said:
Basically Eme ain't sure if he's head GM.

Situation is even more amusing as we have three MSG "mods" (forms, I don't know who made up form word) when each one should have one GM-caretaker. We have none. We have Su, who isn't technically GM anymore, but never really stopped to be one as there is no one else to do it. We have Emerald, who is Su successor, but don't know about it. We have Chime, who gave up his position, but in the same time he is still one. We have officers that no one wants to listen to. We have officers doing GM work. We have members who basically won't listed to anyone and don't give a fuck what GM says, only if it agrees with them, so they are basically GM's too! And we have members who don't even know there ever was a GM and don't have slightest idea what is going on right now!

So technically, everyone is a GM! \o/
beast_regardsOct 1, 2014 3:22 AM
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Oct 1, 2014 6:18 AM

Sep 2013
At this point, for all intents and purposes, I'm the only active GM from the group that was me, Su, and Chim. It isn't "official" because Riph is going to want to make certain that there isn't going to be large problems with whoever is chosen to be the NEW head GM. I want to have the revised rules in place before trying to push forward on that issue as well.

I'm still speaking with Chim on his intentions, but I don't believe he'll be stepping down (until I hear otherwise), or at least not completely.

For the vast majority of concerns, I should be able to provide an answer. I may lean toward the side of caution in the case of potentially (very) questionable issues, but I'll volunteer to be drawn and quartered if I give a ruling on something that ends up being completely wrong down the road.
Oct 1, 2014 8:27 AM

Sep 2013
beast_regards said:
We have officers that no one wants to listen to.

Ain't that the truth...

At this point... I'm still up in the air about the whole thing. The big thing that I'm concerned about is the shear amount of stress that comes with such a simple job. You pretty much need to have nerves of steel and an iron will to do this job for a long period of time and some days... I just don't have it.

I'll try to have an answer for you all after current events and personal things finally start to calm down.
Oct 2, 2014 6:54 AM

Jul 2013
Hi all. Been sick so work has been slow. But this should hopefully finish up the FF and I should finish the last bit of the rules for Stylized before long.

Made changes suggested by Tyger.
I don't have to know what I'm looking for. I just have to know when I find it.
Oct 2, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
mdude009 said:
If a need the permission from a GM to get a concept for my story approved who am I supposed to currently go to?
For anything that's to do with a canon/lore/collab story I'd say turn to eme. If you asked me about it I'd end up asking him anyway because when it comes to that stuff he's more baws than I am.

dcw said:
Hi all. Been sick so work has been slow. But this should hopefully finish up the FF and I should finish the last bit of the rules for Stylized before long.
Superb. I'll c&p that stuff over into the rules and rummage them around a bit over the next few days. If you make any updates give me a shout so I can update stuff and so (in case I don't check here for whatever reason).

beast_regards said:
text
Imo we only need two GMs. One "caretaker" tends to the msg collab and the other one tends to the stylized. There is no need of a supervizor for the ff because that stuff moderates itself and there's nothing a GM would be involved with there unless it was pulling a story, which any of the existing two can do. We don't need another GM who only rolls his thumbs until someone in ff writes something so outrageous that God's eyeballs pop out.

I won't bother with details about my GMship because backlog /care. However, as things are right now, Su is still the "figurehead" of the MSG. He will continue to be so until matters have stabilized neatly. In the meantime, emerald and I will continue as GMs. I will largely be deferring to emerald in matters of rules and meta-management because I'm not that into that stuff and I don't have the time to dive into it atm. Otherwise I will keep doing the story list updating and thread maintenance as well as story approvals unless emerald expresses a wish to do any of that too.

Once the triple-choice stories are done and [insert proper word] the alleged "insubordination" problem will likely go away. Either because those doing collab are more like-minded and/or because those not respecting 1. Lore; 2. GMs/officers/fellow writers/stories; 3. Continuity; 4. Rules, will be moved to either stylized or ff as proper and failure to submit to that will simply mean their stories being suspended/removed and/or result in their being booted from the club depending on any potential improper developments/behaviour.

If you're in the vault, you should know who is a GM and who is not; it's part of the rules. If you have no interest in the MSG and aren't in the vault there's no problem, and if you have an interest but don't know, you didn't look attentively enough at the rules.

As for officers doing GM work I am assuming that you're specifically referring to dcw's rule draft (that's the only thing I know of, lynch me if you hate me for not being up to date). I wouldn't consider that a bad thing though. As far as I remember dcw basically kept his cool and suggested rules when most others were still having some hot feelings all over the place. The rules aren't the only thing needing ironing out and by taking it upon himself to make that draft he lifted a weight from em's and my shoulders, so it's something I'd rather applaud him for (here's to you dcw!)
Oct 7, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2013
I just had a conversation with Emerald recently and he made me think if there is any actual guidance about main character power regardless the source.
I guess MSGS would be probably only limited by loose definition of logic and MSGF is completely unrestricted.
But how's MSGC?
Em told me that we need to be careful about anything character enhancing. It is wise precaution, I agree.
Main point of the rule is obviously filter people who choose 30 on scale 1-10
There is one person from twenty who never though of such option about skills or power, it is very unlikely people will avoid enhancing the character in any way, so it will safe to assume it can and it will happen with some kind of regulation.
What is perfectly within a limit?
beast_regardsOct 7, 2014 10:37 PM
Oct 9, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2013
I'm going through the magic rules and a question has come to mind.

We have already established that humans have no means to control demonic energy on their own and that certain MGs definitively have magical powers. But what about other MGs? Can they use magic?

I'm not talking about magical abilities, I'm talking about being able to cast spells. Could a typically non-magic monster girl learn to cast simple spells with enough practice?

They theoretically already poses demonic energy and one of the lords, Kaori, is not a magic based species. I would assume she could cast destructive spells. Does being a lord make her an exception? Or is she able to hold onto her title of lord on physical might alone?

Obviously any MG not stated to have magic powers would be less skilled than those that do but is it possible?
Oct 9, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
They theoretically already poses demonic energy and one of the lords, Kaori, is not a magic based species. I would assume she could cast destructive spells. Does being a lord make her an exception? Or is she able to hold onto her title of lord on physical might alone?

It's rather a problem how we define Lords themselves.
My opinion would place them as beyond MG possibilities.
I would suggested they were actually born for the position and given reality warping powers beyond possibilities of their species and any monster girl existence. They should be kind of chosen ones, when one is born only to replace the existing and that only because they are fated to do so.
Kaori would have magic power because she was destined to have those rather than mastering it herself.
Some would apply to all Lords.
Ushi Oni would remain the same.

Reason for this would be simple. This option is much easier than any other way around and had little use as power up as it touches only force solely in control of GM.
If I understand Emerald's intention he wants to avoid creating a precedent. Some cases can be avoided easier than other though.
Chosen one mechanic avoids possibility to outsmart or overpower Lords.
Also avoids to blend the difference between MG's and keeps the existing lore e.g. that some girls simply don't have magic.
beast_regardsOct 9, 2014 11:06 AM
Oct 9, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
That's a really tough question depending on how you look at it. If we were still sticking to the old system where you built your companions with a certain number of points, there wouldn't be any reason to say that almost any MG could use magic because the points would just be coming from somewhere else.

The MGE has a few examples of "non-magical" mamono using magic and a few entries that probably should mention magic ability fall short (vampire, wight, angel, etc.)

The original rule seemed to suggest that almost all MGs could have some kind of magic and/or were limited to what the MGE entry said they could do, but if there's a high enough barrier to entry on powerful magic, it might not be as much of a concern.

As for the lords...If nothing else, the act of bestowing the blessing suggests a control over demonic mana/energy that is beyond normal. That's probably a fair excuse for why an otherwise non-magical species could still chuck spells. Maybe for Kaori (as a possible example) it isn't conscious "spellcasting" so much as passive augmentation of stuff she normally does. That's just speculation and not a ruling =P
Oct 10, 2014 4:22 AM

Jan 2013
emeraldtryst said:
That's a really tough question depending on how you look at it. If we were still sticking to the old system where you built your companions with a certain number of points, there wouldn't be any reason to say that almost any MG could use magic because the points would just be coming from somewhere else.

I thought we already agreed that this system isn't practical in any way and is virtually useless as it isn't needed for anything, we don't roll dices and there is not even a clear idea what those number mean. It is not even for comparison between characters as in story 6 can be easily less than 2 no matter if basic math says otherwise.
You may want to enable everything for everyone.
That's fine.
But there shouldn't be any numerical values assigned to it, especially if we don't really use it
Oct 11, 2014 2:04 AM

Jun 2009
The problem I encountered wth the abilities of the Lords were... what if there is a new girl taking over that position, how would the new girl gain those special lord abilities that only lords are able to have. how does one explain that.

Lords are far superior compared to normal MGs, so how would other girls be able to overthrow them?
The concept of there being very few girls that are "born" as being Lords is a very nice and viable one. It must not mean those girls actually want to acquire the title/position of a lord themselves.

Regarding the numerical system, I already said that a long time ago and even at the upbringing, that this is my personal view on their abilities. Which doesnt mean, that all companions are automatically stronger than any of the girls because of their higher stats, because each one of the girls also can have higher stats.Those stats in the list should just show their minimum base stats and tendency of the stats how they would be, seen from my POV regarding the MGE.

But I probably (or most surely) wasnt able to convey what I mean, because I suck at explaining.
Oct 11, 2014 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
I'm talking about being able to cast spells. Could a typically non-magic monster girl learn to cast simple spells with enough practice?

Please keep in mind that everything you describe in rules clearly enough will immediately become a widespread lore fact regardless of your original intention and relative rarity you originally intended for the fact. When you say "non-magic monster girl learn to cast simple spells" it will turn all lizardmen, orcs, dwards, ogres, werewolfs or harpies etc. into magicians in split second.

Only characters which will lack the ability will be those rendered useless by need of the story.

If you want to make something a rarity don't mention it.

I would say there are still species of mamono unable to cast spells.
Creatures unable to use magic are common in fantasy setting.

Lords are exception as they are supposed to be chosen ones which born to surpass all other species regardless of the fact who they been originally. Kaori only roughly resembles Ushi Oni, but she is no longer one, but something more. Some applies for all the other Lords, they simply retain appearance of their original species, let it be Lamia, Succubus or Kitsune-bi, but they no longer count as one.
Oct 11, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
beast_regards said:
dcw2021 said:
I'm talking about being able to cast spells. Could a typically non-magic monster girl learn to cast simple spells with enough practice?

Please keep in mind that everything you describe in rules clearly enough will immediately become a widespread lore fact regardless of your original intention and relative rarity you originally intended for the fact. When you say "non-magic monster girl learn to cast simple spells" it will turn all lizardmen, orcs, dwards, ogres, werewolfs or harpies etc. into magicians in split second.

Only characters which will lack the ability will be those rendered useless by need of the story.

If you want to make something a rarity don't mention it.

I would say there are still species of mamono unable to cast spells.
Creatures unable to use magic are common in fantasy setting.

Lords are exception as they are supposed to be chosen ones which born to surpass all other species regardless of the fact who they been originally. Kaori only roughly resembles Ushi Oni, but she is no longer one, but something more. Some applies for all the other Lords, they simply retain appearance of their original species, let it be Lamia, Succubus or Kitsune-bi, but they no longer count as one.

I see what you are saying. However, let's think about the opposite for a moment. There is nothing stopping a witch or other magical monster from training with a sword, right? After all, it's not like we can say they cannot use a sword because they can use magic. (Well, we could but that would be a whole other issue of lore wise justification.) Does that mean all mages are turned into warriors in a split second? No, and why should they?

Think of it as if this were a game of DND: you have a character with a lot of base stats that work well with one class but you choose to make the character the opposite class. Could you do it? Yes. Would it make sense to? No, not if you want to take the game seriously. It's the same thing. If they take the MSG seriously they would not have a goblin throwing fireballs left and right, the time they spent mastering magic would have been more effective building their high base strength.

But let's not take it to such an extreme right off the bat. Suppose you have a witch that decided to train with a dagger in case the opponent got close, that's reasonable right? Would it be unreasonable to say that an orc learned a spell or two if she were physically able? Even something as simple as magically starting a fire or casting their own water breathing spell could be enormously helpful.

You are right, once I put it in the rules it becomes lore. But I am going to have to state it one way or the other. If I just don't mention it it would make those who respect the setting reluctant to include it but not stop anyone who does not respect the setting. Should we say that monster girls not specifically stated to have magic in the MGE can't use magic? Should we go through each monster girl and state what kind of magic each one can use? Or can we say that monster girls can learn magic not specifically stated in the MGE? For the collaborative we might have to do some regulation on what is allowed or is not but for stylized I see no harm in allowing freedom in learning simple spells. We are not really concerned with balance of power in stylized because ultimately the only one they can hurt is themselves by taking things to ridiculous extremes.

Anyway, please keep bringing in the opinions. The more I have the happier we will all be with the outcome.
Oct 11, 2014 11:38 PM

Apr 2012
I don't think anyones asked yet so just to clarify things a bit, does the freeform story still need you as the main character, or could the character be entirely fictional?
I'm not planning on starting a freeform but I figure someone might want to know eventually.
Oct 12, 2014 12:11 AM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
For the collaborative we might have to do some regulation on what is allowed or is not but for stylized I see no harm in allowing freedom in learning simple spells.

My comment is primarily about MSGC as Collaborative (and original MSG) tried to implement some level of power regulation on it's way and in moment you allow something it will become a free power-up to be widely used.
And once something becomes a free power-up you can expect it will not be used in reasonable levels.
It is situation that lead us there if the first place. And MSGC only setting which relies on real rules restricting the characters.
I think I understand what you mean, and basically if there is a need for something, people will inevitably try to get it, so why don't we allow it in the first place and allow it from the start/
In the end, rule creates rather a need for thinking a way around rather need to keep it

MSGS - Stylized will inevitably start to rewrite the universe settings and role to this level, regardless of writer original intention to do it in reasonable way, some major changes will eventually happen and we expect those to happen regardless the rules. But what MSGS really does, it basically skips special approval phase, so it will get this too without any hassle so it is pointless to actually makle any additional rule for that.

Free Form doesn't share universe and any rule you made won't apply to it. I
beast_regardsOct 12, 2014 12:15 AM
Oct 12, 2014 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
mdude009 said:
I don't think anyones asked yet so just to clarify things a bit, does the freeform story still need you as the main character, or could the character be entirely fictional?
I'm not planning on starting a freeform but I figure someone might want to know eventually.

It can be fictional.
Oct 12, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
Alright, here is the first draft for magic for the stylized version.

Oct 13, 2014 4:39 AM

May 2013
dcw2021 said:
We have already established that humans have no means to control demonic energy on their own [snip] Could a typically non-magic monster girl learn to cast simple spells with enough practice?

I'm inclined to think that they could, but that there are differences in aptitude and it takes a looooong time. And by differences in aptitude I mean both species and individual differences.

Those MG types whose MGE entries specifically mention spellcasting ability are the species who have the easiest time learning, and in many cases their aptitude will be focused in one area (i.e. Succubae and charm spells or Fairies and illusion spells). Those types whose entries don't mention magic have no particular aptitude for any area of magic and thus have a difficult time learning any magic. Learning how to cast even simple cantrips would take years for them. Few possess that kind of dedication, and in the regions where survival is more challenging (Kaori, Charisse) few can devote that much effort to non-survival concerns.

OTOH, some individuals might have personality traits that give them slightly enhanced aptitude for one area of magic. I can see a nurturing person like Nadia having an aptitude for healing spells, for example, while a savvy guardian like Beset might find that she has some skill with spells of warning and/or warding. Magical skill gained via this route should never be powerful, though.

Note that all of this proceeds from my desire to find story reasons rather than rule reasons for the limitations. I don't trust rules for this sort of thing -- I've seen them circumvented, or even exploited, way too many times.
"When you have bought your own load of hooey, you know exactly what it is worth." -- Bruce Sterling
Oct 13, 2014 4:52 PM

Sep 2013
This looks pretty darn good. =)
Oct 16, 2014 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
All of this is fairly new but I feel it needed its own section. I based it mainly from the MGE and some suggestions from beast. Remember, this is for stylized.

Oct 17, 2014 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
All of this is fairly new but I feel it needed its own section

An incubus is considered a male monster but is technically still human ---> this is illogical in the context. You can say "Incubus is only male monster, but some may still appear human while other grow some monster-like features. There is no template for that."
"All monsters are naturally drawn to them.
Some monsters will only see Incubi as men worthy to be their husbands."
I would say --> "Incubi are rare, but natural part of monster girl environment and seen as equal and desired. They are rarely alone, monster girls are naturally drawn to incubi just like incubi are drawn to monster girls."

Reason for first change is mainly the fact there is no real need for any restriction placed for that, as either it will be used in fully stylized story without affect on others. MSGS doesn't need any regulation.

Should be rare for continuity reasons though!

MSGC should have some kind of regulation as when to use it (e.g. at the ending only or so) but there is no point to change the very nature of it.

Also for female transformation "She will be able to use magic if that is normal that species" as many have inborn powers. Being a werewolf is not a good way to become magician, but you have other skills to compensate. In other hand being Inari almost always comes with magical power or being Doppelganger comes with shape-shifting (this is psychologically most interesting btw since you can look any way you want).
beast_regardsOct 17, 2014 9:17 AM
Oct 17, 2014 9:46 AM

Jul 2013
beast_regards said:
dcw2021 said:
All of this is fairly new but I feel it needed its own section

An incubus is considered a male monster but is technically still human ---> this is illogical in the context. You can say "Incubus is only male monster, but some may still appear human while other grow some monster-like features. There is no template for that."

According to the MGE incubi are still human, hence why they can produce spirit energy, they have just been infused with demonic energy. This is only semantics though and can be ignored if necessary. Hell, if you go with the literal definition of a species then almost all monster girls are technically human. That addition is fine though.

beastregards said:

"All monsters are naturally drawn to them.
Some monsters will only see Incubi as men worthy to be their husbands."
I would say --> "Incubi are rare, but natural part of monster girl environment and seen as equal and desired. They are rarely alone, monster girls are naturally drawn to incubi just like incubi are drawn to monster girls."

I included the husband bit from the monster girl encyclopedia but this change is fine.

beastregards said:

Also for female transformation "She will be able to use magic if that is normal that species" as many have inborn powers. Being a werewolf is not a good way to become magician, but you have other skills to compensate. In other hand being Inari almost always comes with magical power or being Doppelganger comes with shape-shifting (this is psychologically most interesting btw since you can look any way you want).

I thought this would be obvious from "all the strengths and weaknesses of the species they turn into" but if you feel it needs clarifying that is fine.
Oct 17, 2014 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
According to the MGE incubi are still human, hence why they can produce spirit energy, they have just been infused with demonic energy. This is only semantics though and can be ignored if necessary

You may even go with schizophrenic definition they are neither or both. Even unique in being that spiritual energy source. I thought of it mainly because for MSG it may be easier to define other way especially with our own lore saying that humans being generally weaker and unable to handle magic, however this may no longer be a case in future.
Oct 17, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
Btw are we ready to officially deploy the 3-form?
Thinking of it, test run would make it clearer whatever we need to place in rules or clarify
beast_regardsOct 17, 2014 10:07 AM
Oct 17, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
FF is ready to go. I still need to do the lords and island section for Stylized. Collaborative will have to be something that gets added to as stories progress.

But overall I feel we can start the implementation process. For starters I think we need 3 threads.
1. An introduction thread to explain the MSG and the 3 styles to casual readers.
2. A rules thread for collaborative.
3. A rules thread for Stylized and FF.

I believe S and FF can share a thread because they wont change all that much once they are set.
Oct 17, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
An introduction thread to explain the MSG and the 3 styles to casual readers.

I think we don't need to plague club with threads, instead you will get one thread (we already have) saying "How to start your story" which will say "pick one of three forms first" as a first step.

Then link to rules thread.

Collaborative is restricted by content and requires approval for special things, but players automatically share the universe so you can't start rewriting lore with your cool ideas when you arrive. You (as a writer) must think about balance.

Stylized is still like collaborative, e.g. used with same setting, just with automatic approval override which means world starts reshaping to it's own alternate reality when you arrive, so you don't have to think about balance.

Stylized share universe with Collaborative e.g. uses lords, setting, island, but allows your own direction once you arrive.

FF doesn't have rules except one or two, so it will need only it's own section
Oct 17, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
I still think we should have an introduction thread so they wont have to go to the rules.
Oct 17, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
I still think we should have an introduction thread so they wont have to go to the rules.

Thinking of it "How to join MSG" thread should either already exist and if it not, it should be created and posted with your FAQ write-ups. Rest will go to lore and rules thread, while "How to join MSG" will have the links. It will use only 3 threads and 2 from those existing, while none of your work would go waste
Oct 18, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
Here they are, the last rule sets for Stylized. I think now I shall take some time to work on my own story.

About the island:

The lords:
Oct 19, 2014 2:41 AM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
Here they are, the last rule sets for Stylized. I think now I shall take some time to work on my own story.

This would actually work more for collaborative as it clearly says what you can't do and this is basically a MSGC necessaries.

Stylized version would say that

Of course, we can simply do the same for MSGS as for MSGC with restrictions.
I am not sure myself.
But either way, I think MSGS will eventually lead to something balance breaking either way, thanks to it's nature, so it will save us the hassle if we allow some things for MSGS which are not possible in MSGC right from the start
beast_regardsOct 19, 2014 3:10 AM
Oct 24, 2014 2:10 AM

Jan 2013
I think we are ready to give everything a test roll.

Did we agreed how many threads (If any additional) are needed to introduce the three-form story?

I would volunteer to take care of the posts if you are OK with it.
What I would do (suggestion) is basically amend current introduction & how to join thread and use Basic rules from MSG (existing) and copy it over, then amend all the posts in the thread to show FAQ made by DCW. I would write a short introduction about MSG (something like Welcome to the Monstergirl Survival Game, or MSG for short. MSG is a project of Monster Girls club members to create to create a fan-fiction loosely inspired by Monster Girl Encyclopedia and create our own unique universe by combined effort of all writers. It's not Game by definition you can win or lose though. It's made for joy of writing or for creating something while working in others.
Insterested?
Want to join?
There is nothing easier. Follow the guidance below and you will be good to go in no time.
First thing you need to do is to simply decide how your story suppose to me?

Collaborative, allowing to work with others on world lore, but being restricted by rules what you can do in order to have all stories compatible?
Stylized, borrow our universe, but then be free to continue as you see fit without hassle about rules and other players?
Or Free Form and create a universe of your own?

Read the links carefully and decide.

Please note that none of the forms is "better" or "worse" than other - they are equal. It is not a competition.
)

Do we have GM agreement for each part?

For MSGC (or head one) is Emerald anyway.

Who is GM for Stylized? I assume there is no need for officers, GM will take care of all Lords and basically only insure there is some feel of difficulty when dealing with them. Lore about lords is borrowed from MSGC anyway.

Who Is GM for Free Form?

I would also complete post for Announcment basically saying that MSGC/MSGS/MSGF is now introduced and asking all players to basically take a pick between one. MSGF may require reroll of the story for sake of consistency, but there should be no rule forcing anyone to do it, merely a suggestion.

I would give that all existing players should decide what form they choose for the future before end of this month, it will change the tag on thread to MSGC, MSGS or MSGF depending on their choice.

It should be decided that who is GM for each form beforehand, but I assume it can easily name Chimechu as reviewed and Emerald as GM.
Otherwise up to suggest whoever will take following positions (if not all under emerald)
GM of MSGS
GM of MSGF
Oct 24, 2014 5:17 AM

Sep 2013
I think it was mentioned but I don't think we really need a defined GM for freeform. Really, the overall lack of rules means that the only thing the GM needs to do is story approvals. Technically that's Chim at present so...maybe we just go with that? Just need to convince him to put his name on the door =P

Since stylized is still based on the island itself. I would think that GM/Officers from collaborative would still handle their same positions. Unless I'm not 100% clear on the idea, I thought stylized was a way to avoid certain parts of player-created lore/plot, create your own custom lore, but still write on (basically) the same island. If it's supposed to be more free than that, then we should decide.

There hasn't been a lot of opinion on the stylized ruleset, so I think it might be a good idea to create an announcement thread on the vault and have everyone comment with what form they intend to use.

We'll need to have a sort of round-table either way to determine how much lore (if any) should be carrying through to the stylized setting. Like...I doubt Dorothy will be the Lord of the forest since that changed and I was going to post the end of the Charisse war event once things were closer to ironed out as well.

So I guess the question becomes, "What is the base setting for stylized?" and "How much can the writer change after they start writing?" If the answer to the 2nd question is "whatever they want" (but keeping the actual rules the same) then the same GM could handle it as well. Really, the only thing they'd do in that case is handle potential violations of the rules themselves.
Oct 24, 2014 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
From what I understand from earlier conversations, we wanted GM to be different for Collaborative and Stylized so opinions that should stay in collaborative aren't forced into stylized.

Half of the lords have gone through a number of changes so we do have to decide which 'version' to go with.

Once we do implement my Q and A, or whatever we want to call it, I would like to have the ability to modify it. It would be torture to have and glaring errors and be unable to do anything about it. I already have a few in mind I haven't gotten around to yet.
Oct 24, 2014 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
emeraldtryst said:
I think it was mentioned but I don't think we really need a defined GM for freeform.

What we basically need is caretaker (call it GM if you like) which will manage the Stylized and Freeform.

Easiest way forward is to simply ask Chime to do it.

It was (hopefully) agreed that GM between Stylized and Collaborative will be different in order to prevent that player is forced into one or other form he didn't chose. While GM in Stylized have certainly a less work than in Collaborative, I still kinda feel it should be separated one from another for that reason

dcw2021 said:
Half of the lords have gone through a number of changes so we do have to decide which 'version' to go with..

As for the lore - always uses the latest version.
Lore is always the same for Starting MSGS as it is for current Collaborative.

Only difference that each time MSGS starts it splits the events to the Islands of another alternative timeline. E.g. all changes which happened in Collaborative lore in time said MSGS started, it is starting lore. What writer do from that point is up to him, but before his arrival it's MSGC lore. Basically what MSGS does is that is automatically skips approval for special requests (like everyone favourite Cna I build repeating crossbow) and it is taken as granted in exchange for being MSGS. MSGC can't obviously do such a thing.

dcw2021 said:
Once we do implement my Q and A, or whatever we want to call it, I would like to have the ability to modify it. It would be torture to have and glaring errors and be unable to do anything about it.

We can give Dcw an admin rights so he can do all the changes ... and when in it...

Why don't we make Dcw admin for Stylized right way? This way he can edit the posts if needed, also he is not so controversial person and obviously already did a great share of work.
beast_regardsOct 25, 2014 6:16 AM
Nov 9, 2014 9:46 PM

Jul 2013
Does anybody mind if I make a new thread in the vault to make a proof of concept for an idea I have for collaborative?

Also, who do I ask to become an admin? Unless anyone objects I would like to be able to work on implementing the rules I have been making.
Nov 9, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2013
dcw2021 said:
Does anybody mind if I make a new thread in the vault to make a proof of concept for an idea I have for collaborative?

Also, who do I ask to become an admin? Unless anyone objects I would like to be able to work on implementing the rules I have been making.

You should contact anyone who currently have admin rights and they can add those on you as well, which is a believe Emerald, Riph and Su. Depends who of those three you manage to reach first. I asked for the same some time ago in attempt to speed things up, but it wasn't possible. Now it's up to you, hopefully Emerald reads it and gets you the admin rights.

You basically need to post MSGS and MSGF parts, as those (at least in your version) aren't anywhere... and some links to guide guys to the correct one

Because MSGC thread exist. Otherwise Collaborative is basically "legacy" mode with all those old rules we already had. New guys basically don't understand why we had such rules in first place. But I guess it's good to have your rewritten-for-additional-clarity part posted as well, hope it helps.

Good luck and thanks for hard work with those rules.
Nov 10, 2014 1:59 AM

Apr 2012
dcw2021 said:

Basically the current admins, they're the only ones who have the power to bestow godhood upon others.
Nov 10, 2014 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
dcw2021 said:

Good luck getting that to happen... Most of the admins here had to go through hoops of fire and dance with the devil to get that position...

Now on to what I was going to ask: In accordance to the new rules I haven't gotten time to read yet where does my story get placed? If it does get placed in Stylized then does that mean, by default, that Em's story also gets placed there as well to keep everything from becoming confusing as hell?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (52) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Maku's main story ( 1 2 )

Maku_The_Blue - Sep 18, 2022

87 by Maku_The_Blue »»
Apr 26, 11:49 AM

» [MSG] Maku's story ( 1 2 )

Maku_The_Blue - May 7, 2018

53 by Maku_The_Blue »»
Apr 26, 11:28 AM

» [MSG] mugen's Story ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mugen91 - Aug 1, 2017

337 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 31, 2:26 PM

» [MSG] Another one by mugen

mugen91 - Jan 25, 2020

23 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 31, 1:39 PM

» [MSG] mugen's Story - Into the Dark

mugen91 - Jun 22, 2023

30 by mugen91 »»
Mar 31, 1:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.