Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 24, 2012 4:48 PM
Aug 2012
I for one absolutely love Sword arts online. I watched the first 5 episodes. Im not continuing because I want to wait till all the subbed episodes come out. I thought they did but apparently i was wrong -.-

Anyway i'd like an anime that has the same elements as sao, ignore the plot though, i alreasy heard of acell and .hack.

I like the friendships this guy makes and i saw a spoiler in the title of one of the episodes that they get married, so that enforces the fact that the romance increases from where i left off.

Bottom line: anime where two main characters gradually fall in love with a wide arrange of friends and lots of adventures or action happens.

Saw...
Clannad
Toradora
Zero no tsukimdxjfh
shakugan
Kaze no stigma
And something else i forgot
Sep 24, 2012 5:18 PM
Aug 2012
Accel world is for you.
You may also like the world god only knows
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 24, 2012 5:26 PM
Aug 2012
Accels main chubby character makes me feel like theres no tomance ;:p. Feel likea dik for saying that.

Surpisingly enough i was looking up random anime and the god one caught my eye yesterday. So happy you said that one :D
Sep 24, 2012 5:51 PM
Aug 2012
Yeah its great, to be honest the manga for the world god only knows goes 150 chapters past that and its soooo damn epic, one of the coolest romances/ fantasy things ive read.

Anyways accel world chubby character is only in the real world perse, plus he looks like a cute little kid, there is romance, its like SAO, to be honest I think there both overrated as hell but I admit I did enjoy it.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 24, 2012 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
Eureka Seven
One of the best blends of action / romance I’ve found if you don’t mind Mecha. The romance is slow paced and it’s a 50 episode anime, the story is good as well. It takes place on a ship and the crew pretty much become his family so it has the friends thing too.

Spice and Wolf 1+2
My favourite romance, Spice and Wolf is a great romance/adventure anime, it doesn’t really have the friends thing though but the chemistry is amazing, my favourite pairing. Not as much action, they tend to solve things intelligently rather than through violence, really recommend it if you like romance though.

I’m sure I have a tonne more in my list but it’s such a mess even I can’t stand looking at it. Just then even I noticed that I hadn’t updated the last couple of episodes on Eureka Seven.

I also felt the same way about Accel world's main, he's just drawn to much like a comic relief character for me to ever take him seriously.
Sep 24, 2012 6:23 PM

Feb 2011
Tower of Druaga
Sep 24, 2012 6:26 PM

Aug 2011
Elemental Gelade
Katanagatari
Sep 24, 2012 6:28 PM

Aug 2012
Entezio said:
Romance/Action anime like SAO

Entezio said:
Bottom line: anime where two main characters gradually fall in love

SAO? Gradual Love story?

SAO has one of the fastest paced love stories I've ever seen in the anime medium.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 24, 2012 6:32 PM
Aug 2012
May I also strongly strongly strongly second spice and wolf. pure awesomeness right there.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 24, 2012 6:50 PM
Aug 2012
Haha i had a feeling spice and wolf would be suggested. I dropped that a month ago cuz some ppl told me there isnt much love in the 1st season but it starts secons. Ill give it another try though.

@goryo, i believe love starts after 2i years in the game. Im calling that slow. Although i stopped at episode 5 so im not exactly sure but it looked slow at that point.

Il look up the oher suggestions in the morning, thanks for them :)
Sep 24, 2012 7:33 PM
Aug 2012
The romance is more underlying its not fluffy, you can tell its there and yeah in the second season it is more prevalent but the way its presented is more mature than most anime. Particularly for that of one in the perspective of a male.

A good 3 part movie you can try is 5cm per second its a masterpiece, although its not a tragedy I found it super depressing. Well I suppose it could be called a tragedy. But theres no action.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 24, 2012 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
muntasir123 said:
Accel world is for you.
You may also like the world god only knows

oh come on the world god only knows doesn't even have action.

Sep 24, 2012 8:52 PM
Aug 2012
It does if you read the manga later on, but yes it is more of a fantasy romance.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Sep 25, 2012 4:44 AM

Apr 2012
Goryo said:
Entezio said:

Entezio said:

SAO? Gradual Love story?

SAO has one of the fastest paced love stories I've ever seen in the anime medium.

I agree and that's maybe the reason why I kind of love it...I was so sick of the japanese "love", with one last kiss and then the end...This is kinda, more realistic (ok maybe too love for too soon, but at least more realistic than the other ones)...

Uhmm, Accel world is a bad example, even if there is romance, is very childish, and there is not a real romance relationship, its quite strange and chilidish. But if you liked the action part, is really nice...Less for the 10 last episodes...xD (In my opinion)

I was thinkin in Buso Renkin, but it hasnt so much romance...Maybe, El Hazard, but it's kinda harem...
Sep 25, 2012 5:54 AM

Jul 2011
I can't believe #Angel_Beats didn't suggest it but I would say Gosick would probably entertain you. It's got romance, action, mystery but the main characters don't really have many other friends. If your willing to ignore that it's a great anime.
I've got a few more but there mostly school life romance anime. Maybe not the type of action your looking for but. They are: Lovely Complex, Peach Girl, His and Her Circumstances, Toradora.
You'll also probably like Aishiteru ze Baby. It's about a guy who starts off as a major flirt. Never serious about a girl but he starts to grow up after being put in charge of taking care of his five year old cousin. There's love and a really touchong family story.
Ones that are a little more action based are: Kurokami, Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica and Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S
Wow thing's just keep popping in to my head. I'll cut myself off here befoe this gets to long. :)
Sep 25, 2012 2:59 PM

Jun 2012
Goryo said:
Entezio said:

Entezio said:

SAO? Gradual Love story?

It is debatable, keep in mind that they did spend 2 years inside SAO and they don't show everything that happened between them (it would be impossible).
I liked SAO so much that I read the manga (which is already far behind the anime) and then started reading the novels.
Jul 29, 2013 4:33 PM
Jul 2013
an anime similar to the SAO project was btoom! which is an amazing anime filled with action and romance it's a 1 season anime with 12 episodes and it is what you're looking for
Jun 16, 2014 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
-archive-
Kirito is bae
Jan 30, 2017 4:40 AM
Aug 2015
Rahamatula said:
an anime similar to the SAO project was btoom! which is an amazing anime filled with action and romance it's a 1 season anime with 12 episodes and it is what you're looking for

How is that we he's looking for?
I loved Btooom untill the end.
What the hell was up with that ending.
Jan 30, 2017 6:08 AM
Mar 2016
Shakugan no Shana
Speed Grapher
Higashi no Eden
Absolute Duo
Another (not too romance-ish though)
Maybe Claymore but the MC is ridiculously annoying
Jan 30, 2017 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
necromancy yaaayyy

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 5 hours ago

3 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
46 minutes ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

6 by mo_lave »»
2 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

34 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for an Anime like the game "Rival Schools".

reigningslash - Apr 22

3 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

9 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.