Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2008 10:15 PM
Feb 2008
Since there isn't any thread about this Anime... I will start it.

How good do you think this anime was? In my opinion, it had a really interesting theme, but it could have been developed in a better way. First of all, the ending don't fit well with the anime, the lyric is beautiful, but the voice is too loudy. (Note that I didn't said that the song is bad or anything, but maybe with a soft voice it should be better). Then, we never know the protagonist's name, but that makes the serie more interesting, I guess :D... Second, they wasted so much time in the ep 2 with the amusement park, ok it was cute that he wanted to distract Aya a little, but come on!... Ohh and what to say about the Council's girls? What is the purpose of the ecchi stuff? And Tama-chan jumping all the time over Maru-chan's breast! XD Hilarious but it totally distracts the viewer, and I sincerely think that ecchi on drama/sci-fi/mistery/psichologycal animes destroys the feeling (sorry guys XD)...

And in all the anime they talked about the end of the world, and that the 'unnamed protagonist' was one of the survivors, but when did the end of the world happened? and why? maybe I didn't understood that and others did, so please explain to me if you can and want XD...

Over all, I liked the anime because it was a typical example of the series that I usually watch and enjoy, but it could have been better and perhaps longer, 3 ovas of 40min each is really short for a theme like that ^^

That's all I have to say ^^ thanks for your attention and keep watching animes! n_n
Mar 16, 2009 10:13 PM
Feb 2008
I disagree. This anime was trashy and goes down the whole pretentious look at me IM DEEP alley which is basically a big excuse for the "writers" to try and make some twisty narrative that tries to make you feel like "there is no spoon". It had potential oh yes and probably the visual novel it was based on (came out on the Dreamcast) had a more coherent and fleshed out plot (but I doubt it). The animation looks fine in static images but once you have anyone doing anything more than blinking the animation looks choppy and stiff at least it was colored nicely.

Some of the other characters felt unnecessary (those 3 office ladies for instance. Hell the big titted one is on the cover? why?!)

The whole end of the world thing was left ambigiuous on purpose I guess. Gave enough reason to provide the backdrop of what happened to Tama and the whole "fake world" thing. As to why it happened? Who knows? Maybe a comet? Maybe war? Whatever...wasn't important.

At the end of the day this was a wannabe Matrix meets Evangelion or Rah Xephon (probably the only series that pieces together a coherent narrative out of the whole lol deep category) with a bit of love sprinkled in. The Matrix takes the same set up and does it better.
Aug 8, 2010 2:05 PM
Sep 2007
I think main male character's name is Aizawa Naoya.
Jun 20, 2011 8:34 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
All I could think of during this was I bet that damn dog's name is supposed to be Herzog (after Werner Herzog) instead of hedgehog. Which would make much more sense considering the shows themes.

I actually kind of liked this, was it kind of schlocky and terrible? Sure, but it also had some odd charm to it. Could it have been something so much more? I think so, some better writing could have helped. As pointed out the ecchi was really out of place, and the female office workers were really out of place. Still, it was kind of neat.

It's going to be fun talking to my friend who gave this to me (because he disliked it so much he didn't want to own it anymore) about the fact, that yeah, I kind of liked this anime.
Aug 22, 2011 10:40 PM

Dec 2010
I really thought that this anime was good in it's own way. It could be considered bad by most but I found it to be strangely interesting...in a confusing way. The story is very hard to grasp.

I guess the unnamed main character was a survivor of an apocalyptic scenario...but I still don't know how he was even in a dream. Did Mutsuki create that world? It seems like she did but at the end it looks like we see the unnamed character open his eyes while he was inside the chamber. Wouldn't that mean it was his world? That wouldn't make sense though since I'm pretty sure his head would have been shaven but we see him in normal clothes and a hair.

Even before that, when the girl attacks the dog and the world went white, the place then suddenly changed into an open grassy field where the unnamed character's brother and what appears to be other scientists stood.

Well, I really have more questions but I'll leave it at that for now.

Feb 20, 2012 12:32 PM

Jun 2009
I admit watching this on my laptop using VLC which allowed me to fastforward it while still being able to make out the conversation. The 1st and 3rd ep was a real headach to watch. I'm glad is over
Sep 24, 2012 12:30 PM

Oct 2009
it seemed like mind bender with a mysterious twist i can watch it on my xbox for free. i very much liked the monologue/intro but after the 2nd ep just left me confuzzled dint mind the ecchi but it felt jammed in & sometimes outtaplace. i wantd to like it but just dint
May 13, 2013 1:20 AM

Dec 2007
I have no idea wtf i watched...
Jul 10, 2013 8:57 AM

Sep 2011
The only thing good about this anime - it's the story and the music. One could also add panache to 2004, she is quite good, but due to lack of animation all sags. No good characters, all their actions are stupid enough. Seiyuu too good not delivered. 5/10.
Sep 20, 2016 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
Like I said in the episode 3 discussion, an interesting premise hindered by rather terrible execution.

I think it was good enough.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interlude Episode 3 Discussion

meneope - Feb 20, 2012

10 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Interlude Episode 2 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 22, 2012

5 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 5, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Interlude Episode 1 Discussion

meneope - Feb 6, 2012

8 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.