New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2014 3:07 AM

Jun 2014
horriblesubs is the best, don't care about the rest
:3
Nov 30, 2014 3:13 AM

Jul 2014
Commie has an endearing aura of harmless retardation that consistently draws me to them.
Nov 30, 2014 3:30 AM

Nov 2014
The unaccurate ones i would prefer someone with a degree or japanese as their first language to do it
Nov 30, 2014 3:59 AM

Feb 2013
i dont know about the best, but the worst have to be the guys who did the second half of chocotto sister
Nov 30, 2014 4:00 AM

Jul 2010
romagia said:
i dont know about the best, but the worst have to be the guys who did the second half of chocotto sister

lel at that wall of text
Nov 30, 2014 4:04 AM

Feb 2013
Haseo666 said:
romagia said:
http://i.imgur.com/9WkKMfw.png

lel at that wall of text
there have been longer ones, but this is the only one i've screened cause of the weird message; usually they were just huge t/l notes, alternative translations or comments about what the characters were doing
Nov 30, 2014 4:12 AM

May 2013
romagia said:
Haseo666 said:

lel at that wall of text
there have been longer ones, but this is the only one i've screened cause of the weird message; usually they were just huge t/l notes, alternative translations or comments about what the characters were doing

Machine translation.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 30, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2011
Does nobody else remember Eclipse?
Nov 30, 2014 5:12 AM

May 2013
yhunata said:

I looked at their works and they were the ones who translated "People die if they are killed?" from FSN?
Nov 30, 2014 5:19 AM

Apr 2011
SweetCoconut said:
yhunata said:

I looked at their works and they were the ones who translated "People die if they are killed?" from FSN?

They did Brotherhood. Code Geass too, if I'm not mistaken. I also think they subbed Kaichou wa Maid-sama as well.
Nov 30, 2014 5:22 AM

May 2013
yhunata said:
SweetCoconut said:

They did Brotherhood. Code Geass too, if I'm not mistaken. I also think they subbed Kaichou wa Maid-sama as well.

Yes, you are right.
Nov 30, 2014 5:31 AM

Jul 2010
yhunata said:

I mentioned them in my post as the best fansub group.

Here is the list of all their works: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=group&gid=2723
I watched all of their releases and their quality was superb.
Nov 30, 2014 5:40 AM

Apr 2011
Haseo666 said:
yhunata said:

I mentioned them in my post as the best fansub group.

Here is the list of all their works: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=group&gid=2723
I watched all of their releases and their quality was superb.

Amen to that. I loved those guys. It's a shame they're not active anymore.
Nov 30, 2014 5:45 AM

Oct 2013
i'm not really picky when it comes to fansubs, tho commie would be hard to beat if they used decent translations. their typesetting is 10/10.

Nov 30, 2014 5:59 AM

Apr 2013
j0x said:
mitch3315 said:
Best for me is Hadena, too many to choose from for the worst though.

this is actually a joke

Hadena is the worse fansubs by far, their translation for Horizon in the Middle of No Where cause a lot of shitstorm on a lot of anime forums like 4chan /a/, im glad Hadena is inactive now

Although I think Hadena was indeed a joke here (well, probably), Using KyouHora's translation as your comparison is a bit unappropriated anyway. Properly translating this shows without making mistakes require pretty much to read the LN beforehand. because of this, I don't think a single group translating that anime did a great job .

I didn't use Hadena's when I watched the anime version, and still found a lot of mistakes done by the translator due to not knowing the original work. As such, can't really blame them, although I don't know how bad Hadena's translation was for this show, either.

Now, about the question asked. Worst groups are groups that you usually don't hear about, with subs almost unreadable (lots of syntaxes and grammar mistakes, lots of translation mistakes, and so on). Would be difficult to say who is the worst, but that's probably not an english fansub group though.

"Best group" doesn't really exist imo. Because some groups have freelance translators for some of their releases, and that some of those translators are very high levels compared to most of anime translators. As such, quality varies more due to who translated it than to which group made the sub.
ZefyrisNov 30, 2014 6:09 AM
Nov 30, 2014 6:32 AM

May 2013
Zefyris said:
"Best group" doesn't really exist imo. Because some groups have freelance translators for some of their releases, and that some of those translators are very high levels compared to most of anime translators. As such, quality varies more due to who translated it than to which group made the sub.

I see your point. Because all fansub groups has their flaws too.
Nov 30, 2014 7:09 AM
Sep 2014
Underwater, UTW and horriblesubs
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

23 by IKKIsama »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 12 hours ago

17 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by palm-tree »»
9 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

18 by Memore »»
16 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

59 by Saiunknown »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.