Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 2, 2015 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
hentai_eucli said:
Mikasa said:

Not as much, far more than that. One Piece overall is worse than Naruto 1 and better than Shipp, for reference purposes.

You do realise that that is your opinion? Why are you providing reference like its a fact?

I was helping you get acquainted with the quality so you'd be familiar, because you said you did not know.
End Zionazism
Feb 3, 2015 11:23 AM

Jun 2013
> opens thread
> reads the post
> checks OP's favorites
One Piece
Bleach
Fairy Tail (2014)
Akame ga Kill!
Tokyo Ghoul

Take my advice & just drop hxh. This show is clearly not upto your ally.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Feb 3, 2015 11:36 AM

Dec 2012
Jet_Blackhazel said:
> opens thread
> reads the post
> checks OP's favorites
One Piece
Bleach
Fairy Tail (2014)
Akame ga Kill!
Tokyo Ghoul

Really l8 on that b8, m8
Feb 3, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Jet_Blackhazel said:
> opens thread
> reads the post
> checks OP's favorites
One Piece
Bleach
Fairy Tail (2014)
Akame ga Kill!
Tokyo Ghoul

Where've you been? It's too late for that now.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 4, 2015 3:39 AM
Jun 2014
Jet_Blackhazel said:
> opens thread
> reads the post
> checks OP's favorites
One Piece
Bleach
Fairy Tail (2014)
Akame ga Kill!
Tokyo Ghoul

Alley* Unfortunately I have to finish it since ive watched that much already. But you are late to the party on my favorites. Id say some snide comment about your series if I knew any of them except monster.
Dem anime hipsters tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Feb 4, 2015 7:26 AM

Jun 2014
hentai_eucli said:
Agafin said:
I like it more than the big three as well. I don't know what you mean by "not as much as others". Personally, the fillers are what bring the score of Naruto down. They are a huge part of the show and for the most part are awful. The canon material itself is probably worth an 8 or a 9 in my book. One Piece Pre TS is an 8, Post TS is kinda lower. Bleach is just fine really.

I didn't say I liked it more, I said I could accept it being better.
And the not as much as other is basically what I said, I don't know how to explain it simpler.

Fillers have don't affect me. Its not like you can't skip them.
Lowering score because of fillers is silly imo.

I don't lower the score because there's filler. I lower it because there's filler that I don't like. If I find the fillers good then I might instead bump the score thanks to them. Good example of that is Detective Conan Pre 300 episodes where I couldn't even tell filler from canon (in a good way).

RedRoseFring said:
Yeah.

Gon doesn't take the limelight except for having an arc where the entire Hunter Community has an election centered on saving him. Has almost every major antagonist and protagonist support remark on how much potential he has.
He's not pushed to the front at all.

Thanks for proving my point. The election arc was actually one of the main arcs I had in mind when I said that since that is the arc where he had the least amount of screentime.
Killua was given the spotlight because, well all the characters are important and have their individual stories ( remember that our little discussion).

Except if you don't know what being given the spotlight means. You might as well say Gol D Roger is the most important character in One Piece and has stolen the spot light to/has more screentime than the strawhats since you know the whole story is about finding the treasure he left. I shouldn't explain you why that isn't the case right? Should I? Of course there's also Yorknew where Kurapika was basically the protagonist.

"Every major antagonist". Yeah, the main villain in the longest arc of the show so far (CA) had literally zero interaction with him. Chrollo was more interested in the chain user and only kept them to get information on said user. Pariston never commented about that either.

RedRoseFring said:
He's not pushed to the front at all.
Indeed.
Feb 4, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
Agafin said:

Thanks for proving my point. The election arc was actually one of the main arcs I had in mind when I said that since that is the arc where he had the least amount of screentime.
Killua was given the spotlight because, well all the characters are important and have their individual stories ( remember that our little discussion).

Lol. Gon's name is probably mentioned more times than anybody else's except for maybe Alluka. Almost every characters' actions are towards saving him.

Except if you don't know what being given the spotlight means. You might as well say Gol D Roger is the most important character in One Piece and has stolen the spot light to/has more screentime than the strawhats since you know the whole story is about finding the treasure he left. I shouldn't explain you why that isn't the case right? Should I? Of course there's also Yorknew where Kurapika was basically the protagonist.

You obviously don't know what it is, so I'll give you a definition:
spotlight transitive verb
: to shine a spotlight on (someone or something)

: to give special attention to (something)

Gon is given the utmost attention in the Election arc, more than anyone else. Gold Roger is hardly mentioned in many episodes of OP, even in the arcs that have his former crewmates. And he obviously doesn't have nearly as much screentime as the Strawhats. What series are you watching? Yorknew is the arc where Gon probably got the least attention, yet members of the PT were clamoring to recruit him.

"Every major antagonist". Yeah, the main villain in the longest arc of the show so far (CA) had literally zero interaction with him. Chrollo was more interested in the chain user and only kept them to get information on said user. Pariston never commented about that either.

You forgot an "almost". Even then, the secondary antagonist or Dragon in this case was riveted by him.
And Pariston made a play with Gon to win over Leorio, unless you somehow missed that. Illumi was more of the antagonist for said arc, and his primary goal was to stop Gon's revival by taking out the one person who could do it.
That makes 5 out of 7 arcs where our boy in green boots gets some form of major attention, and even in the ones where he didn't, he was just pushed to second place, never too far away.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 5, 2015 8:18 AM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Lol. Gon's name is probably mentioned more times than anybody else's except for maybe Alluka. Almost every characters' actions are towards saving him.

Are you talking exclusively about the election arc?

Either way, I highly doubt it. His name was mentioned very sparsely during the Yorknew arc and he had very little screentime (he nearly had zero screentime or mentions during the first half of Yorknew which lasteed for like 10 episodes. Same thing for CA. The king had much more relevance than him once he was introduced. During the invasion in particular, I'm pretty sure Gon got like 5 times less screentime than Meruem nor was he as mentioned. Between, do you think Gon has more screentime than Killua?

Besides, I'm not saying that is irrevelant to the story or something, he's the protagonist so of course there has to be moments where he shines or is held to higher standards than others and also has his own plot points (finding his father, fighting Hisoka, confronting Gyro etc). I just mean that Togashi knows very well how to balance the relevance of each of his characters and oesn't overglorify the protag at the expense of other characters.

RedRoseFring said:
Gon is given the utmost attention in the Election arc, more than anyone else. Gold Roger is hardly mentioned in many episodes of OP, even in the arcs that have his former crewmates. And he obviously doesn't have nearly as much screentime as the Strawhats. What series are you watching? Yorknew is the arc where Gon probably got the least attention, yet members of the PT were clamoring to recruit him.

I don't know about you but I and many others judging by some of the comments about the arc) will tell you that Killua was much more important than Gon in the election arc. 50% of the arc was devoted to his emotional struggles and familial problems as well as finding something he wants to do in life (as was stated by him right back since Whale Island... which finally happened to be protecting Alluka). That was almost to him like Yorknew was to Kurapika. Healing Gon was the plot device used to attain but that doesn't change the fact that he is the most important just like finding the One Piece is just a plot device for driving the adventures in One Piece.

Gol D is as mentioned about as much as Gon was (while he was unconcious) proportionally to the lengths. Except if we weren't watching the same show, I barely rememberd Gon being mentioned often during the arc. Killua/Leorio wanted to save hime and Pariston threatened Ging with Gon once. That's about it.

Only Nobunagaa wanted to recruit him and certainly not because of his potential but because he reminded him of Uvo. The others were rather indifferent to that. So that makes like 1 out of 13, point made.

RedRoseFring said:
You forgot an "almost". Even then, the secondary antagonist or Dragon in this case was riveted by him.
And Pariston made a play with Gon to win over Leorio, unless you somehow missed that. Illumi was more of the antagonist for said arc, and his primary goal was to stop Gon's revival by taking out the one person who could do it.
That makes 5 out of 7 arcs where our boy in green boots gets some form of major attention, and even in the ones where he didn't, he was just pushed to second place, never too far away.

Illumi wanted to stop Killua from using Alluka because of the threat he posed. He didn't really care about Gon and was more concerned about manipulating Killua to use Alluka's power for him. Saying that Illumi's primary goal was to stop Gon's revival by taking out the one person who could do it" is twisting the facts. He didn't care about Gon, he cared more about Alluka and the consequences of her power. And I thhink paris is the antagonist of the arc. Well, maybe they are co antagonits then.

To the bolded part
1- He didn't even occupy the second place in the election arc. Killua, Illumi, Pariston and Ging were all more important. Maybe you could say he was as important as say Leorio or Hisoka in that arc.
2-Again, I never said that Gon never occupy the central position. He's the protagonist and so like I said also has his subplots and so can take the primary or secondary positions when it's necessary but not everytime like with other protags and not at the expense of other characters. He also shouldn't be overglorified (note I added the prefix "over"). Why do you think that everything is in absolutes. Togashi balances things too well for that.
Feb 5, 2015 3:49 PM

Feb 2015
yorkshin city / spider arc definitely resembles that of naruto's akatsuki arc.. they are at least from the same generation and share that same spirit of villainity..
-_-
Feb 5, 2015 4:11 PM

Jun 2013
I would like to compare one thing from Bleach and Hunter x Hunter. Have you guys noticed how in Bleach characters give explanation of their powers all the time, while in HxH is exactly the opposite?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Feb 5, 2015 5:20 PM

Dec 2012
shoyo10 said:
yorkshin city / spider arc definitely resembles that of naruto's akatsuki arc.. they are at least from the same generation and share that same spirit of villainity..

What Akatsuki arc?

Tsunade arc, where some of Akatsuki members are first shown?
Feb 5, 2015 5:56 PM

Jan 2014
Agafin said:

Are you talking exclusively about the election arc?

Yes. That was why I mentioned it.
I just mean that Togashi knows very well how to balance the relevance of each of his characters and doesn't overglorify the protag at the expense of other characters.

Still doesn't differentiate him from the others. Even with some secondary characters like Shoot who's most memorable moment is all about glorifying him. Knuckle had one too, and then there's Palm of course.

I don't know about you but I and many others judging by some of the comments about the arc) will tell you that Killua was much more important than Gon in the election arc. 50% of the arc was devoted to his emotional struggles and familial problems as well as finding something he wants to do in life (as was stated by him right back since Whale Island... which finally happened to be protecting Alluka). That was almost to him like Yorknew was to Kurapika. Healing Gon was the plot device used to attain but that doesn't change the fact that he is the most important just like finding the One Piece is just a plot device for driving the adventures in One Piece.

That just emphasizes the point even more. One of the main points of Killua's situation was curing Gon, and using God Alluka to do so.

Gol D is as mentioned about as much as Gon was (while he was unconcious) proportionally to the lengths. Except if we weren't watching the same show, I barely rememberd Gon being mentioned often during the arc. Killua/Leorio wanted to save hime and Pariston threatened Ging with Gon once. That's about it.

Nope. Gon was mentioned in almost every single party involved's conversation. There isn't a single arc in One Piece that mentions Gold Roger as much.

To the bolded part
1- He didn't even occupy the second place in the election arc. Killua, Illumi, Pariston and Ging were all more important. Maybe you could say he was as important as say Leorio or Hisoka in that arc.
2-Again, I never said that Gon never occupy the central position. He's the protagonist and so like I said also has his subplots and so can take the primary or secondary positions when it's necessary but not everytime like with other protags and not at the expense of other characters. He also shouldn't be overglorified (note I added the prefix "over"). Why do you think that everything is in absolutes. Togashi balances things too well for that.

Illumi, Pariston and Ging were not nearly as much the focus of most of the interactions like Gon. In fact, Gon is the one point that brings all of them together.
Other protagonists also have the moments of being pushed to the secondary focus, so that's nothing special. In fact, I'd say Naruto finds himself in that position more times than Gon relatively speaking.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 5, 2015 6:09 PM
Jun 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
I would like to compare one thing from Bleach and Hunter x Hunter. Have you guys noticed how in Bleach characters give explanation of their powers all the time, while in HxH is exactly the opposite?

Bleach doesnt explain everything but it is clearer overall. I much prefer getsuga tenshou over scissors paper rock.
Feb 6, 2015 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
boredxxx said:
Jet_Blackhazel said:
> opens thread
> reads the post
> checks OP's favorites
One Piece
Bleach
Fairy Tail (2014)
Akame ga Kill!
Tokyo Ghoul

Alley* Unfortunately I have to finish it since ive watched that much already. But you are late to the party on my favorites. Id say some snide comment about your series if I knew any of them except monster.

heh heh, you're taking it wrong. I'm not criticising your favorites or your taste.
I'm just saying that HxH does not suit to your taste. You wont really enjoy it.
That's all.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Feb 6, 2015 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
Most people who like battle shounen/action like Hunter x Hunter from what I can tell.
Feb 6, 2015 7:20 AM

Oct 2014
Best shonen i've seen!
Feb 6, 2015 7:26 AM

Feb 2013
fathertime said:
Best shonen i've seen!
Feb 6, 2015 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:

That's definitely another thing I love about Hunter X Hunter. Telling your moves to your opponent is an overused cliché abd a really annoying one at that since it's quite dumb most of the time. In Hunter X Hunter, it's either subverted or absent.

Like when people tell their moves to their, it generally has a specified reason and is relevant to the plot:
-Gon's is most likely the condition that makes his attack strongzer than it should be (in addition to the fact that he has no defense while usinf Jajanken).
-Genthru too explains how his ability works and how to get free of it as a restriction to make it as strong as it is.
-Kurapika told Uvo his special ability but that was (unlike how the trope works) after defeating him and mostly as a wway of mentally breaking him down since he wanted to gain information on the Troupe (like their abilities and location).

Other than that, the characters generally have to figure their opponents' abilities methods themselves which generally make the fights more cerebral like Hisoka did with Kastro or Zeno with Chrollo. This makes HxH look more "intelligent" in my opinion.

I believe that's probably one of the reason why people who generally hate long running/arc based battle shonen seem to like it since that cliche is one of the most infamous and hated by shonen haters and its various subversions, aversions or lack of (replaced by inner monologues or narration) eliminates the hate here.

fathertime said:
Best shonen i've seen!

It's great to meet another Leorio fan!

@Redrose, we're moving in circles here so I will just make this short(not trying to be rude or anything)

"Still doesn't differentiate him from the others. Even with some secondary characters like Shoot who's most memorable moment is all about glorifying him. Knuckle had one too, and then there's Palm of course."
Aren't you basically making my point? If all characters have their moments of glory like him, then that shows that the author considers each of his characters important which is what I was trying to say.

Note that I said Over-glorified not glorified. There's no problem with some glorification here and there.

"That just emphasizes the point even more. One of the main points of Killua's situation was curing Gon, and using God Alluka to do so."

Just like the main plot in One Piece is about finding the One Piece right?

"In the Kage Summit arc, he is not even a secondary issue. The closest arc for Gon would be Yorknew, and he makes more appearances relative to Naruto's in the Kage Summit."
Yorknew, most of the election and most of the invasion part of the CA arc (which is an even longer stretch than YN). that's much more than Naruto.
Feb 6, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2014
Agafin said:

@Redrose, we're moving in circles here so I will just make this short(not trying to be rude or anything)

"Still doesn't differentiate him from the others. Even with some secondary characters like Shoot who's most memorable moment is all about glorifying him. Knuckle had one too, and then there's Palm of course."
Aren't you basically making my point? If all characters have their moments of glory like him, then that shows that the author considers each of his characters important which is what I was trying to say.

Nope. You were basically making mine. Gon is not much different from other protagonists as the spotlight always manages to find him whether in the primary or secondary sense. And maybe you misunderstood what I said, but other characters' moments of glory are based on him. They just become an extension of his own spotlight.

Note that I said Over-glorified not glorified. There's no problem with some glorification here and there.

That's just an issue of semantics and degrees.

"That just emphasizes the point even more. One of the main points of Killua's situation was curing Gon, and using God Alluka to do so."

Just like the main plot in One Piece is about finding the One Piece right?

Um, don't know how that is relevant to characters getting the spotlight. Are you trying to say that the One Piece is a character?

"In the Kage Summit arc, he is not even a secondary issue. The closest arc for Gon would be Yorknew, and he makes more appearances relative to Naruto's in the Kage Summit."
Yorknew, most of the election and most of the invasion part of the CA arc (which is an even longer stretch than YN). that's much more than Naruto.

Nope. In all of those, Gon had almost entire episodes dedicated to him. Naruto didn't in comparison. His moments were brief and mostly irrelevant to the events taking place.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 6, 2015 10:24 PM
Jun 2014
Jet_Blackhazel said:
boredxxx said:

heh heh, you're taking it wrong. I'm not criticising your favorites or your taste.
I'm just saying that HxH does not suit to your taste. You wont really enjoy it.
That's all.

Alright then... Anyway, I do enjoy some aspects of it which i previously mentioned is mainly killua as well as the spider dudes and hisoka. These are mainly because of naruto and before people say it came first blah blah, I like the naruto versions better. Their goals a reasoning didnt really get through to me as good. Anyway I will finish the series next week because of holidays. I finished school days so I may as well finish this.
Feb 7, 2015 4:00 AM

Mar 2012
Dimitrije1606 said:

HxH does explain powers though.... they just don't show characters doing it mid-fight in a serious death match.

Also, why Bleach? Naruto and OP do that same thing far more. Bleach actually has little to be explained.
End Zionazism
Feb 7, 2015 4:44 AM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:

Alright then... Anyway, I do enjoy some aspects of it which i previously mentioned is mainly killua as well as the spider dudes and hisoka. These are mainly because of naruto and before people say it came first blah blah, I like the naruto versions better. Their goals a reasoning didnt really get through to me as good. Anyway I will finish the series next week because of holidays. I finished school days so I may as well finish this.

Wait, why are you watching this like it's an obligation or something?
Feb 7, 2015 4:50 AM
Jun 2014
Agafin said:
boredxxx said:

Wait, why are you watching this like it's an obligation or something?

Well kinda, i mean i already watched passed 2/3, its like a complete waste of time to not get a conclusion, satisfying or not.
Feb 7, 2015 4:56 AM

Jun 2014
More like it's a complete waste of time to watch 46 episodes of a piece of entertainment like its an obligation especially since you even forgot that you were watching it.
Feb 7, 2015 5:48 AM
Jun 2014
Agafin said:
More like it's a complete waste of time to watch 46 episodes of a piece of entertainment like its an obligation especially since you even forgot that you were watching it.

Oh kmon i had this bs already in the earlier comments. I dont think its a complete waaste of time, I want to see the king fight and to see gons father. I want to tie up the loose ends. I didnt think it was as good as other shonens but it was not a bad series, just lacked aspects i enjoyed. Not like I ever said it was a complete borefest except for the shogi part. No need for any more of these type of comments I will finish it.
Feb 7, 2015 5:55 AM

Jun 2014
Ok.
Feb 26, 2015 6:55 PM
Jun 2014
So i am back into watching this and Im quiet annoyed. The invasion was something i was really looking forward and its cool and all but the fucking narrator is ruining the whole atmosphere. It took an hour for those badass arrows to hit the ground and apparently half an hour of fighting youpi was actually 10 seconds. The narration is really shitting on the intensity making it a chore rather than excitement. I hope when they begin fighting the king the narrator wont talk the whole fkin time and explain why each guy took a breath, sneezed and scratched his nose.

That said there is some good character development in knuckles partner dude but it again is ruined by the narration while the play the same animation of youpi swinging his arms around for 10 minutes.

currently on ep 115
Feb 26, 2015 9:30 PM

Jan 2014
boredxxx said:
So i am back into watching this and Im quiet annoyed. The invasion was something i was really looking forward and its cool and all but the fucking narrator is ruining the whole atmosphere. It took an hour for those badass arrows to hit the ground and apparently half an hour of fighting youpi was actually 10 seconds. The narration is really shitting on the intensity making it a chore rather than excitement. I hope when they begin fighting the king the narrator wont talk the whole fkin time and explain why each guy took a breath, sneezed and scratched his nose.

That said there is some good character development in knuckles partner dude but it again is ruined by the narration while the play the same animation of youpi swinging his arms around for 10 minutes.

currently on ep 115

The Youpi fight doesn't pick up until much later, and there really isn't much that's very memorable about it except the very end which I feel will disappoint you again.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 26, 2015 9:44 PM
Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
boredxxx said:

currently on ep 115

The Youpi fight doesn't pick up until much later, and there really isn't much that's very memorable about it except the very end which I feel will disappoint you again.

Oh alright then. How did you find the narrator keep blabbing on about everything?
Feb 26, 2015 11:06 PM
May 2014
boredxxx said:

currently on ep 115

You really won't enjoy anything to come from the show I can assure you, it's just not your cup of tea :)
Feb 27, 2015 12:43 AM
Jun 2014
tesla21 said:
boredxxx said:

currently on ep 115

You really won't enjoy anything to come from the show I can assure you, it's just not your cup of tea :)

Guess im gonna suffer for the rest of it. Its a shame that the awesome fights are overwhelmed with dialogue. Gives me time to make food and stuff when i hear the narrator start talking xD
Feb 27, 2015 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
Well did you like Yorknew? what arcs you liked and what arcs you disliked?
Feb 27, 2015 1:16 AM
Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:

Yes I think yorknew is my favourite. I liked the exams they were alright, so was the zoldyck mini arc. Heavens arena wasnt too bad i enjoyed it. I think ca and greed island are my worst although i think greed island wasnt treating you like a blind 5 year old idiot so it might be better.
Feb 27, 2015 1:19 AM

Dec 2012
boredxxx said:
tsudecimo said:

Yes I think yorknew is my favourite. I liked the exams they were alright, so was the zoldyck mini arc. Heavens arena wasnt too bad i enjoyed it. I think ca and greed island are my worst although i think greed island wasnt treating you like a blind 5 year old idiot so it might be better.

Oh okay, many people feel the same way, so ''it's not your cup of tea'' thing only applies to the CA arc, because it's different than the rest.

And frankly the CA arc is not HxH-like at all to me, I thought the series went back to being good after it, and it felt like HxH again, so you might enjoy it, since we share similar opinions.
Feb 27, 2015 2:02 AM
Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
boredxxx said:

Oh okay, many people feel the same way, so ''it's not your cup of tea'' thing only applies to the CA arc, because it's different than the rest.

And frankly the CA arc is not HxH-like at all to me, I thought the series went back to being good after it, and it felt like HxH again, so you might enjoy it, since we share similar opinions.

Yeah i think the series is good overall. Other than the gripes with the main character mentioned earlier in this thread. This arc brings action but then takes you out of it by talking and stretching moment way too much. I think that if they just let the characters fight with minimum narration it would be badass. I just watched the part where gon goes to pitou (cat ant) and starts going of at her and the narrator starts explaining that gon is angry like wtff. I just start imagining if they narrated itachis and sasukes feelings and what theyre seeing during their fight, god that would suck. Now where da fuck is Leorio xD
Feb 27, 2015 2:33 AM

Jun 2014
tesla21 said:
boredxxx said:

currently on ep 115

Yup.

And:
boredxxx said:
No i disnt say i dont like it. I enjoy killua fighing and that york new arc however the stuf with knuckle didnt excite me and niether fo the board games. I like hisoka but i hoped he wud be more like orochimaru.

boredxxx said:

You've said that the only parts that you enjoy about this show are those that remind you of Naruto or that you enjoy them because they are similar to Naruto and since from now on, HxH is nothing like Naruto, it's not a stretch to assume that you won't enjoy what's to come. And that's quite frankly not a good mentality to enjoy something (just like those people who say that they only enjoy Naruto Pt 1 because it reminds them of HxH).
And:
boredxxx said:
Guess im gonna suffer for the rest of it.
boredxxx said:
Anyway I will finish the series next week because of holidays. I finished school days so I may as well finish this.
Neither is this tbh (a good mentality that is.)

So, unlike Tsudecimo, I'll go with the general consensus of this thread that this is just not for you.
Feb 27, 2015 2:33 AM

Oct 2013
The arc after the chimera ant arc is better. There is rarely any "thriller" vibes in the ant arc. So don't expect your blood pressure to be rising with excitement. Nothing of that nature is in the chimera ant arc.

Just drink a sip of tea and watch the characters and the narrator yap away for 90% of each episode.
keragammingFeb 27, 2015 2:36 AM
Feb 27, 2015 3:27 AM
Jun 2014
keragamming said:
The arc after the chimera ant arc is better. There is rarely any "thriller" vibes in the ant arc. So don't expect your blood pressure to be rising with excitement. Nothing of that nature is in the chimera ant arc.

Just drink a sip of tea and watch the characters and the narrator yap away for 90% of each episode.

Thissssssssss xD
Feb 27, 2015 9:53 AM

Jan 2014
boredxxx said:
RedRoseFring said:

Oh alright then. How did you find the narrator keep blabbing on about everything?

It was just boring and redundant sometimes. It was best when the characters voiced their own thoughts.

Actually, there is just one piece of narration I liked, and that's more because of the image that was shown with it. "Total and complete admiration of his enemy."
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 27, 2015 10:05 AM

Jun 2014
keragamming said:

Actually it's the other way round for me. Although some shonen manage to be suspensful, this mostly happens during fights. However, HxH is the only one I can think of that managed to keep me at the age of my seat with blood boiling in episodes which basically only had three characters doing nothing but speaking (Gon, Killua and Pitou in 116 and Meruem, Pouf and Welfin in 134) The only other anime that managed to consistently do such a thing to me is Death Note (episode 36 tho).

Bleach is probably the worst at suspense. If I exclude Soul society, then

HxH's narration/inner monologues/dialogue >>>>>>>>> Bleach's action (and everything else) when it comes to tension and suspense.

(sorry for the obleach bashing but this thread is a comparison with other battle shonen so I guess it's within the rules).
Feb 27, 2015 10:05 AM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:

Actually, there is just one piece of narration I liked, and that's more because of the image that was shown with it. "Total and complete admiration of his enemy."

I watch this episode everyday, masterpiece.
Feb 27, 2015 10:07 AM
Nov 2013
The CA arc did drag at times, but the high points of that arc are spectacular, and I still liked the arc as a whole. Yorknew is far and away the best arc of the series for me though.
Feb 27, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2014
babymimi said:
RedRoseFring said:

I've only re-watched it a few times, but that is definitely the stand out moment of the arc besides the end.

That was one of the few moments when HxH really delivered for anticipation.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 27, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
babymimi said:

I've only re-watched it a few times, but that is definitely the stand out moment of the arc besides the end.

It's the best episode of the arc, probably the whole show to me. That's what 131 should've been like.
Feb 27, 2015 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
babymimi said:
RedRoseFring said:

It's the best episode of the arc, probably the whole show to me. That's what 131 should've been like.

Agreed. So much potential...
Actually, you just made me want to go back and watch 126 again.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 27, 2015 10:57 AM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
babymimi said:

Agreed. So much potential...
Actually, you just made me want to go back and watch 126 again.

Watch it!
Feb 27, 2015 2:00 PM
Jun 2014
Agafin said:
keragamming said:

Actually it's the other way round for me. Although some shonen manage to be suspensful, this mostly happens during fights. However, HxH is the only one I can think of that managed to keep me at the age of my seat with blood boiling in episodes which basically only had three characters doing nothing but speaking (Gon, Killua and Pitou in 116 and Meruem, Pouf and Welfin in 134) The only other anime that managed to consistently do such a thing to me is Death Note (episode 36 tho).

Bleach is probably the worst at suspense. If I exclude Soul society, then

HxH's narration/inner monologues/dialogue >>>>>>>>> Bleach's action (and everything else) when it comes to tension and suspense.

(sorry for the obleach bashing but this thread is a comparison with other battle shonen so I guess it's within the rules).

Read the blood war arc? theres pretty intense shit going on and im only in the beginning.
Feb 27, 2015 4:25 PM
Oct 2011
One of the few battle shonen/the only one I can currently think of that holds its own after the fighting in an arc has concluded since the story holds up on its own.

Conversely, a lot of times one can find themselves looking back at an altercation/arc and thinking that not all that much combat actually happened.
Feb 27, 2015 5:27 PM

Dec 2012
Corporal_Atlas said:
One of the few battle shonen/the only one I can currently think of that holds its own after the fighting in an arc has concluded since the story holds up on its own.

Conversely, a lot of times one can find themselves looking back at an altercation/arc and thinking that not all that much combat actually happened.

That doesn't make any sense, the fights happen at the end usually anti climactic

Hunter exams > Tournament
Heaven's arena > Hisoka vs Gon
Yorknew happens at the middle I guess, and near the end. Only thing left was the hostage situation with Kurapika.
Greed Island > Bomber vs Gon
CA > Meruem vs Netero and Gon vs Pitou

Only the election arc fits what you are talking about.
Feb 28, 2015 4:40 AM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
Read the blood war arc? theres pretty intense shit going on and im only in the beginning.
I will wait for the anime to come back. Besides the filler, Pierrot did a masterful job with it (gorgeous animation for a long runner, good pacing and catchy OSTs) so I think I'll get a better experience out of the anime. Of course if it never comes back, then I'll read it but only then.
tsudecimo said:
Corporal_Atlas said:

That doesn't make any sense, the fights happen at the end usually anti climactic

Hunter exams > Tournament
Heaven's arena > Hisoka vs Gon
Yorknew happens at the middle I guess, and near the end. Only thing left was the hostage situation with Kurapika.
Greed Island > Bomber vs Gon
CA > Meruem vs Netero and Gon vs Pitou

Only the election arc fits what you are talking about.

Actually four arcs seem to fit what he said.

-Zoldyck family and Election arcs for obvious reasons.
-Yorknew where the last fight of the arc occured far before the ending (Chrollo Vs Zoldycks)
-CA where Gon Vs Pitou did not conclude the arc but instead was followed by five important episodes.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Nov 26, 2011

122 by Nerdason »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2011

125 by Nerdason »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kamuki - Nov 12, 2011

149 by Nerdason »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Keiz - Oct 29, 2011

173 by crumb_fr »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kefkiroth - Nov 5, 2011

185 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 5:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.