Forum Settings
Forums
The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 25, 2014 11:27 PM

Aug 2013
TatenashiKaichou said:
I actually don't think it's a good idea to animate this novel no matter how much of a masterpiece it is. I don't think any studio is going to be able to animate Rejecting Classroom properly with all those time-loop jumps. maybe SHAFT, but either way this would be way to hard to animate properly in my opinion.

IMO time-loops in Hakomari are, more or less, similar to Steins;Gate. Maybe certain loops that only have random thoughts or scenes inside could be presented ala Monogatari. And yeah i think SHAFT or Whitefox are the only proper studios for this.
Apr 27, 2014 8:05 PM

Feb 2014
^I agree with that.

Though I think the real problem to animate this novel is the inner thoughts of the characters, but it still would be amazing at least one or more movies/series, even if it wouldn't be perfectly adapted. I would sure love that.
May 3, 2014 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
Where can I read this novel???
May 3, 2014 10:37 PM

Sep 2010
anima98 said:
Where can I read this novel?
Google Baka-Tsuki.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
May 4, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
I think it'll get an adaptation after it's finished publishing.
I think it's a decent ln, story is pretty good, but conversations tend to be really meaningless and boring.
My favorite character was Kamiuchi, but he was strangled by my second favorite character, Daiya, what a shame.
Jun 10, 2014 4:08 PM

Nov 2012
it seems that the fake votes got banned, and the rating sky rocketed @@
Jun 10, 2014 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
WOW it jumped to rank 2!
Jun 10, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2012
those troll accounts finally got banned, thanks based MAL mods!
Jun 11, 2014 1:35 PM

Nov 2013
TatenashiKaichou said:

Here's the best part: They haven't finished banning all of them, so there's a chance the score will rise even more. Just what this novel deserves.
Jun 11, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
Botato said:
TatenashiKaichou said:

Here's the best part: They haven't finished banning all of them, so there's a chance the score will rise even more. Just what this novel deserves.

Waiting for Hakomari to be #1
Jun 15, 2014 4:43 PM

Jan 2014
TatenashiKaichou said:

That's awesome news. Didn't expect that anymore.

Ranked 2nd now. And completely deserved. Hopefully that will motivate even more people to give it a shot.
Jun 29, 2014 1:05 AM

Jun 2014
Maria had a little lamb,
His fleece was white as snow,
And everywhere that Maria went,
The lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school one day,
Which was against the rule,
It made the children laugh and play
To see a lamb at school.

And so the teacher turned it out,
But still it lingered near,
And waited patiently about,
Till Maria did appear.

"Why does the lamb love Maria so?"
The eager children cry.
"Why, Maria loves the lamb, you know."
The teacher did reply.

- Ode to Kazuki
505Jun 29, 2014 1:13 AM
Jul 13, 2014 7:54 AM

Mar 2013
Since I couldn't find a place to ask Hakomari related questions, I've come here.

In the first novel Daiya is class president, but in the second it's Miyazaki. What's up with that?

(I only recently found Hakomari and am now starting the 5th novel. How come so few people know about this? This is absolute gold!)
Jul 13, 2014 12:56 PM
Oct 2012
axeshizzle said:
Since I couldn't find a place to ask Hakomari related questions, I've come here.

In the first novel Daiya is class president, but in the second it's Miyazaki. What's up with that?

(I only recently found Hakomari and am now starting the 5th novel. How come so few people know about this? This is absolute gold!)

That was different classes, 1st and 2nd =)

AND DONT READ 5th VOLUME UNTIL 7th IS PUBLISHED!!11 xD
Jul 13, 2014 5:53 PM

Oct 2013
nicolasf said:
axeshizzle said:

Read it. Don't you dare to not read it. You must know my suffering.
Jul 14, 2014 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
axeshizzle said:

graduated
Beta never gives up
Never hide, Never be discouraged
Never accept friendzone
Jul 14, 2014 5:54 AM

Sep 2010
0h, don't you worry, it's just the same sad old troll. Read it's other "reviews": it's no different, it's always get it downvoted.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Jul 14, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2013
WHAT THE FUCK!?
(I've just finished the 6th novel)

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria is amazing
but FUCK THE WRITER for leaving me hanging like this.
I bet I this will leave me up tonight.
(I'm gonna read Hakomari again..)

I don't care that I can't read Japanese, I'm buying these novels!
Hakomari is so good it HAS to be on my shelf.
axeshizzleJul 15, 2014 5:19 AM
Jul 14, 2014 11:35 AM

Mar 2013
silmaril said:
nicolasf said:

oh I'm suffering alright.
Jul 14, 2014 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
axeshizzle said:
silmaril said:

oh I'm suffering alright.

I feel you... One can just hope volume 7 will come out before the year ends.
Jul 14, 2014 3:33 PM

Mar 2013
TatenashiKaichou said:

I feel you... One can just hope volume 7 will come out before the year ends.

Yeah but we´d still have to wait for it to be translated. (I do at least.)
Jul 15, 2014 4:29 AM

Sep 2010
axeshizzle, for the love of G-d Eiji Mikage, use "Spoiler" tag! See, it's like this:
axeshizzle said:
WHAT THE FUCK!?

when the fuck is the next novel coming out!?

honestly during this novel and the previous one, I was rooting for Daiya and not for Kazuki.

EVERYTHING'S FUCKED

Please, use the "Edit" link on you post.

Jul 15, 2014 5:21 AM

Mar 2013
kitsune0 said:
axeshizzle, for the love of G-d Eiji Mikage, use "Spoiler" tag! See, it's like this:

I wanted to but didn't know how.
anyways I changed it.
Jul 16, 2014 4:41 AM

Sep 2010
axeshizzle said:
I wanted to but didn't know how.
anyways I changed it.
You've got that "BBCode" link (opens in new window) under your "Quick Reply" form.
Thanks.

Oct 7, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2014
any news about volume 7 yet?
Oct 7, 2014 2:31 AM
Oct 2012
Takiya_lelouchi said:

2nd volume of "Bokura wa Mahou Shoujo no Naka" will come 10th November, the next book will be vol7, so we can wait til May 2015 =D
Oct 7, 2014 4:00 AM

Jul 2014
nicolasf said:
Takiya_lelouchi said:

2nd volume of "Bokura wa Mahou Shoujo no Naka" will come 10th November, the next book will be vol7, so we can wait til May 2015 =D

oh great to know that ^^ i cant wait for this masterpiece release ^^

P.S Hope Eusth will translate F rank too ^^
Dec 11, 2014 1:30 AM
May 2014
I'm just curious why does this light novel don't rank in Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi even tho its published in Denkigai Bunko and is an Amazing read? That would've boosted its Sales and Popularity leading to VN/Anime adaptations.
OML my signature was edgy. lol
Dec 11, 2014 8:55 AM

Sep 2010
Because Japanese people in general has mediocre tastes. Just like the rest of the world. It's like askin' "Why Kara no Kyoukai wasn't popular until Nasu remake it as Tsukihime?"

Dec 14, 2014 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
UnknownSpecies said:
I'm just curious why does this light novel don't rank in Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi even tho its published in Denkigai Bunko and is an Amazing read? That would've boosted its Sales and Popularity leading to VN/Anime adaptations.
Because the time between releases is too freaking long people probably lose interest or something.
Dec 18, 2014 9:47 AM

May 2013
The 7th volume is the last volume right? I'm starting to forget stuff, it's been so long since I read volume 6. But, I will re read before volume 7 comes out anyway.
Dec 19, 2014 6:19 AM

Nov 2013
Cheeeeeeese said:
The 7th volume is the last volume right?
Yes.
It was stated to be 40% complete a while back.
Apr 4, 2015 3:56 AM

Nov 2010
While waiting for the almost finished vol 7, I'll bump this thread a bit. So, any news about what Eiji Mikage? Does he have any plan after HakoMari ends? Did other novel successfully make him a bit more poprar or his works are still as niche as always?
Apr 8, 2015 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
Last I checked he said something about taking a break from writing light novels after finishing Hakomari, although he also mentioned that he might continue working on F-Rank depending on the readers' reaction.

Also, apparently he's on vacation in Hawaii...
Apr 9, 2015 9:16 PM

Nov 2010
I hope the vacation serves as a refreshing trip rather than a relief trip after writing a certain ending lol
Apr 10, 2015 11:45 PM

Jun 2014
zeroyuki92 said:
I hope the vacation serves as a refreshing trip rather than a relief trip after writing a certain ending lol

Or that vacation might be his get away from angry Fans once they read Vol 7 mindf**kery ;D
Apr 11, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2010
Not sure if the fans would be angry about being mindf*cked since vol 6 is already quite mindf*ked enough so I have no idea what could top that. We don't even have enough things left to be mindf*cked about lol.

Honestly I have no idea how he could write this last book, which probably is one of the reason we got long delay between 6 and 7. Brainstorming for this ending would be hellish.
May 18, 2015 1:02 PM
Mar 2015
axeshizzle said:
WHAT THE FUCK!?

That cliffhanger is one of the best I have seen in my life ( Sadly ;( )

Jun 2, 2015 2:54 AM
Oct 2014
I just finished volumes 1-6 and I enjoyed them immensely :)
I just hope Hakomari ends on a happy note...

BriKunJun 2, 2015 6:16 AM
Jun 24, 2015 8:28 AM
Jun 2015
hakomari vol7
[url][/url]

finally the suffer has ended but only the first part

can someone translate the prologu

Jun 30, 2015 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
WHERE IS MY GODDAMN ANIME ADAPTATION..??
Jul 1, 2015 6:17 AM

Nov 2012
I/we need a summary of the last volumes. It's been a while since I've read them and don't want to miss out anything related to the plot.

I guess i'll have to read them again.
Jul 28, 2015 12:36 AM

Apr 2015
vol. 7 translation on baka tsuki is out guys, rejoice :)
Jul 28, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2010
It's faster than the deadline, so while I was so happy that it's finally released and translated very fast, now I need to pull an allnighter to finish the entire reread from vol 1 (started weeks ago but got stalled at vol 2). Just managed to finish volume 4 and somehow it's even more amazing than what I remembered back then.

Starting vol 5 now...
Jul 30, 2015 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
The best medium for telling the story of HakoMari would've been a visual novel, not a light novel, in my opinion. After all, a VN can replicate the LN prose and plot structure almost exactly, plus add on all the other benefits of the medium, such as music, visuals, and character voices. I mean, wouldn't it be awesome to actually hear and witness the insanity, with creepy-ass music in the background? :P

That being said, time for me to get back into the story as well... I'm like a quarter of the way through Volume 5, and I must say that the translation seems better quality now, I appreciate it.
LightBladeNovaJul 30, 2015 8:10 AM
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Jul 30, 2015 8:07 AM

Nov 2010
LightBladeNova said:
The best medium for telling the story of Utsuro no Hako would've been a visual novel, not a light novel, in my opinion. After all, a VN can replicate the LN prose and plot structure almost exactly, plus add on all the other benefits of the medium, such as music, visuals, and character voices. I mean, wouldn't it be awesome to actually hear and witness the insanity? :P

That being said, time for me to get back into the story as well... I'm like a quarter of the way through Volume 5, and I must say that the translation seems better quality now, I appreciate it.

IIRC before writing LN Eiji Mikage indeed was a VN writer. I always felt that his writing was also influenced by that history, especially how he narrate things using atmosphere/emotional perspective. He also apply tropes which I saw more commonly in VN rather than in LN.

That said, I want Hakomari VN. Someone should make it :p

P.S just finished vol 7 too, amazing experience.

Liriya-Kun said:
I just finished volumes 1-6 and I enjoyed them immensely :)
I just hope Hakomari ends on a happy note...

About your prediction, it's funny that
zeroyuki92Jul 30, 2015 8:15 AM
Jul 30, 2015 9:49 AM
Jan 2015
Do you happen to know what visual novels he's written? I'd be interested in checking them out if a translation happens to exist
Jul 30, 2015 10:09 AM

Feb 2008
Drunkeagle said:
Do you happen to know what visual novels he's written? I'd be interested in checking them out if a translation happens to exist

Apparently, he has written Diorama under a different pen name (Eiji Kage). He is also mentioned in the credits of Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa for his assistance. (Both VNs are by FLAT)
EusthEnoptEronJul 30, 2015 10:13 AM
Jul 30, 2015 1:13 PM
Jul 2010
I wouldn't like a HakoMari VN.
HakoMari is a very imaginative novel. The choice of words is so unique and it creates this special atmosphere that's really hard to recreate outside of your own imagionation. It stimulates your brain to imagine the smell, the brightness, the shock, etc. And a VN would try - and certainly fail, to capture this feeling it gives off in a couple of CGs. It would only restrain what is otherwise a text full of unlimited potential for your imagination.

That's what makes HakoMari such a special novel and why it wouldn't work in any other form, IMO.

Also, Diorama sounds really interesting. Has anyone fortunate enough to be fluent in Japanese read it?
TheHollowShrineJul 30, 2015 1:17 PM
Jul 30, 2015 4:54 PM

Jul 2014
TheHollowShrine said:
I wouldn't like a HakoMari VN.
HakoMari is a very imaginative novel. The choice of words is so unique and it creates this special atmosphere that's really hard to recreate outside of your own imagionation. It stimulates your brain to imagine the smell, the brightness, the shock, etc. And a VN would try - and certainly fail, to capture this feeling it gives off in a couple of CGs. It would only restrain what is otherwise a text full of unlimited potential for your imagination.

That's what makes HakoMari such a special novel and why it wouldn't work in any other form, IMO.

Also, Diorama sounds really interesting. Has anyone fortunate enough to be fluent in Japanese read it?

I doubt you could say for sure it would certainly fail, but I can see your point I suppose. However, like zeroyuki92 said, it seems that Mikage's writing style carried over from VNs to LNs, so I don't see how it'd be impossible for him to recreate, or even improve, the story as a VN.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Volume 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TheHollowShrine - Jul 7, 2015

253 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 26, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Volume 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

79 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 24, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Volume 5 Discussion

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

37 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 23, 8:16 AM

» The missing volumes

Perfectrockstar - Jul 4, 2021

4 by EmrysTatari »»
Feb 8, 1:36 PM

» Anime Adaptation possibility?

DarkHumor04 - Jan 11, 2022

14 by Hikool101 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.