Forum Settings
Forums

Dengeki Oshioki Musume Gootaman R: Ai to Kanashimi no Final Battle Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Surprisingly sad considering how silly the first part was; for the sake of fighting evil Mari kills the boy she likes (without even realizing it), is indefinitely separated from her best friend, and is asked by God himself to turn her back on him. That part showed a lack of understanding of how Christianity actually works but in the context of the story Mari has to give up what she cares about the most. This heroine really isn't left with much after her victory.
Jan 2, 2017 2:45 PM

Jul 2014
Even more ridiculous than the first part, but surprisingly with some sad parts too.

It's definitely not for everyone, as many people might get offended by it.
mozgowJan 2, 2017 2:50 PM
Sep 30, 2020 4:53 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This anime is like eating popcorn. It has a fun flavor and not much substance but that is fine. Sometimes you want to just watch a funny and bad anime all at once. At least it never takes itself seriously and that can be a good thing! 6/10 for the smiles!
May 2, 2021 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely wow, I don't think I've ever seen a more brutal friendzone. Saori and Mari take baths together, cuddle and sleep together, it's even implied that Saori fingerblasted Mari and then Mari's parting words to her are "we'll always be friends!!" ...then she immediately gazes off into the sunset and thinks about how much she loves Tobishima. The irony of that made me crack up.

That aside, I found the first OVA kinda boring, but I ended up enjoying this one a lot more. The comedy in the first OVA didn't really work for me, probably because a lot of the references went over my head. The increase in nudity and ecchi content was nice, too. o/////o
Aug 27, 2021 10:43 PM

Jan 2017
The first one was so much better! I liked the plot but I feel like they sacrificed a lot of it for boobies. I prefer the implied graphicness of the first one over a full class of girls getting attacked by tentacles. I also like how she had to struggle with modesty in the first one and how transforming was compromising to her religion but in this one she just gets finger-banged by her friend for no reason??? Don't get me wrong I'd watch a full episode of just these girls banging but I feel like it didn't belong in this OVA. Not a fan
Jan 13, 2022 11:52 AM
Dec 2017
This is a gem
a masterpiece that should be seen by everyone
Feb 12, 2023 9:59 PM

Aug 2016
Meh. It started taking itself too seriously.
May 21, 2023 2:34 AM

Feb 2017
That was a really good sequel, fun as the first and they really managed to give it some drama. A remake could really workd.
Oct 24, 2023 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Wow this waa better than the first part and it had a surprisingly good ending tbh.
I enjoyed it for what it was, wont recommend to anyone though lol.
The ending was so dramatic haha.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.