Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2:19 PM

May 2016
Hello there,

This is SciADV_Maniac, long time Science Adventure series fan (which includes Steins;Gate). People who are reading the Steins;Gate forums on MAL probably saw my name a lot of times. I'm reading these forums time to time and try to answer the questions by others regarding Steins;Gate.

I planned to write an essay here since I've finished the recently released Anonymous;Code, because it recontextualized the franchise, and cleared up a lot of things regarding the mechanics presented in Steins;Gate Movie: The Load Region of Deja Vu - mechanics which Steins;Gate fans (including myself in the past as well) regarded as "breaking the lore established in Steins;Gate". In reality, there is nothing in the movie that contradicts the lore established in previous Science Adventure titles - Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, and their side materials. Simply not all the necessary materials were available to English speaking fans, so they lacked the context required to understand the movie. With the recent localization of the 2009 visual novel Chaos;Head Noah, and the release of the latest entry, Anonymous;Code, and one particular Drama CD from the past called "A Posteriori Existence" which accompanied the movie back then, every information is available now.

Thankfully, my fellow Science Adventure fan, @Sharingan123412 made a very enlightening video where he explains in detail how the mechanics presented in the movie do not break any previously established lore, and the movie is in fact canon. Please note that the video's 2nd half contains spoilers from the entire Science Adventure series. The first half of the video is perfectly safe for anyone, who only knows Steins;Gate. Please enjoy! If you have any questions or something is not clear, me and Sharingan will gladly answer!

-
Apr 21, 2:40 PM
Sep 2019
Oh damn this is news to me. I thought the movie was always canon
Apr 21, 2:46 PM
Nov 2023
SciADV_Maniac said:
Hello there,

This is SciADV_Maniac, long time Science Adventure series fan (which includes Steins;Gate). People who are reading the Steins;Gate forums on MAL probably saw my name a lot of times. I'm reading these forums time to time and try to answer the questions by others regarding Steins;Gate.

I planned to write an essay here since I've finished the recently released Anonymous;Code, because it recontextualized the franchise, and cleared up a lot of things regarding the mechanics presented in Steins;Gate Movie: The Load Region of Deja Vu - mechanics which Steins;Gate fans (including myself in the past as well) regarded as "breaking the lore established in Steins;Gate". In reality, there is nothing in the movie that contradicts the lore established in previous Science Adventure titles - Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, and their side materials. Simply not all the necessary materials were available to English speaking fans, so they lacked the context required to understand the movie. With the recent localization of the 2009 visual novel Chaos;Head Noah, and the release of the latest entry, Anonymous;Code, and one particular Drama CD from the past called "A Posteriori Existence" which accompanied the movie back then, every information is available now.

Thankfully, my fellow Science Adventure fan, @Sharingan123412 made a very enlightening video where he explains in detail how the mechanics presented in the movie do not break any previously established lore, and the movie is in fact canon. Please note that the video's 2nd half contains spoilers from the entire Science Adventure series. The first half of the video is perfectly safe for anyone, who only knows Steins;Gate. Please enjoy! If you have any questions or something is not clear, me and Sharingan will gladly answer!

I mean, Anonymous;Code makes everything canon so…
Apr 21, 2:52 PM

May 2016
Reply to Cyaudrein
@Cyaudrein Well you look into plenty of the threads in the movie's subpage, a lot of people says it's not canon because in the movie, there seemingly 2 worldlines being active at the same time (the R and the Steins Gate) which contradicts to the established lore that only 1 worldline is active at once. However, the "R worldline" is not an actual worldline - this explained more detailed in the video.

@RegexShinobi
-
Apr 21, 2:52 PM

Aug 2018
It's good to have confirmation on that! I always treated it as canon because I love it so much and the mechanics didn't seem too out of the realm of possibility.
Apr 21, 3:44 PM
Nov 2023
SciADV_Maniac said:
@Cyaudrein Well you look into plenty of the threads in the movie's subpage, a lot of people says it's not canon because in the movie, there seemingly 2 worldlines being active at the same time (the R and the Steins Gate) which contradicts to the established lore that only 1 worldline is active at once. However, the "R worldline" is not an actual worldline - this explained more detailed in the video.

@RegexShinobi

I love this franchise. The subtle overarching elements of each series is a nice bonus
Apr 21, 7:13 PM

Jan 2021
Cyaudrein said:

Same. And I don't understand why most people think it's not canon.
🎃 Main Candies:
🎃 Bonus Candies:
Apr 21, 11:37 PM

May 2016
Reply to HarusakiYorokobi
Cyaudrein said:

Same. And I don't understand why most people think it's not canon.
@HarusakiYorokobi
If you look into plenty of the threads in the movie's subpage, a lot of people says it's not canon because in the movie, there are seemingly 2 worldlines being active at the same time (the R and the Steins Gate) which contradicts to the established lore that only 1 worldline is active at once. However, the "R worldline" is not an actual worldline - this explained more detailed in the video.
-
Apr 22, 10:04 AM
Feb 2021
I always assumed that this was cannon.
Apr 22, 10:15 AM

May 2016
Reply to DoobieSam
I always assumed that this was cannon.
@DoobieSam
If you look into plenty of the threads in the movie's subpage, a lot of people says it's not canon because in the movie, there are seemingly 2 worldlines being active at the same time (the R and the Steins Gate) which contradicts to the established lore that only 1 worldline is active at once. However, the "R worldline" is not an actual worldline - this explained more detailed in the video.
-
Apr 22, 6:40 PM
May 2022
lol I don't even care about public opinion
its always been canon for me 🗿
Apr 25, 6:26 AM

Feb 2020
Thanks for spreading the word on MAL like usual.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

431 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 29, 1:09 PM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

13 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Apr 20, 12:56 PM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM

» Couldn't understand a scene

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

14 by PeeBeeBoi »»
Aug 1, 2023 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.