Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
MF Ghost
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 23, 2023 2:04 PM

Jun 2016
Let me preface this by saying that I want to like this show and that I love Initial D, but after 3 episodes I needed to stop watching and decided to wait until the end of the season to ask whether my issues persisted throughout the season.

So what I wanted to ask, will the characters stop gushing so damn much? I can't take the insane gushing about Kanata and the 86, granted this was also an issue in Initial D but this was somewhat concealed by it's atmosphere. And especially how about half of the dialogue outside of the races is about how goddamn sugoi Japanese food is, is really cringing me almost to death. I like japanese food as much as the next guy but seriously there's a limit to everything and I fear this will continue on other aspects (like the cars) to the point where it will be the Wojak Meme of "Place vs Place(Japan)".
baahh.
Dec 23, 2023 3:11 PM
Nov 2022
I agree with your take on how cringe it is. I also find it extremely cringe and boring how they show girl’s underwear and that main female lead hangs out with kanata. I skip every time something main female character related stuff comes up and “MFG” angels come up.

I really hate slice of life added to the anime. In initial D one race used to last 3 episodes but 1 race in MF ghost lasted 12episodes.

I think to fix your problem you should continue as it gets good in the future and skip all of those scenes you don’t like, like me.
Dec 24, 2023 12:02 PM

Apr 2018
Kuhler_Maen said:
Let me preface this by saying that I want to like this show and that I love Initial D, but after 3 episodes I needed to stop watching and decided to wait until the end of the season to ask whether my issues persisted throughout the season.

So what I wanted to ask, will the characters stop gushing so damn much? I can't take the insane gushing about Kanata and the 86, granted this was also an issue in Initial D but this was somewhat concealed by it's atmosphere. And especially how about half of the dialogue outside of the races is about how goddamn sugoi Japanese food is, is really cringing me almost to death. I like japanese food as much as the next guy but seriously there's a limit to everything and I fear this will continue on other aspects (like the cars) to the point where it will be the Wojak Meme of "Place vs Place(Japan)".

It will still be cringe. But the races are better specially the rumble between those 15eens cars.
After that it’s meh.
And the ending of season 1 is kinda weird where they stopped.

But as a fan of initial D I may watch season 2 because it will certainly get better.
I mean how can you do worst than it is already ?
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Dec 24, 2023 5:00 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to Maaz_js
I agree with your take on how cringe it is. I also find it extremely cringe and boring how they show girl’s underwear and that main female lead hangs out with kanata. I skip every time something main female character related stuff comes up and “MFG” angels come up.

I really hate slice of life added to the anime. In initial D one race used to last 3 episodes but 1 race in MF ghost lasted 12episodes.

I think to fix your problem you should continue as it gets good in the future and skip all of those scenes you don’t like, like me.
@Maaz_js Yeah this is the thing that bothers me the most. There are a lot of issues at the moment but this just kills lots of the show for me and even thou there are some good things in there it feels like they focus on some of the wrong things and that the shows is stretched to last longer. Hopefully these will be fixed or addressed as I really liked Initial D and good car animes are pretty rare.

More topics from this board

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2023

71 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 10:11 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 11 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Dec 10, 2023

37 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 9:26 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2023

43 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 8:38 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2023

40 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 6, 7:19 PM

Poll: » MF Ghost Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 19, 2023

71 by ShadowkillZ »»
May 5, 7:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.