Forum Settings
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2022 10:17 AM
Aug 2022
Naoki harps on all the annoying things Kotoko does,
Kotoko calls out how cruel he is,
Naoki points out that Kotoko still likes him,
everybody else agrees,
and upsets Kotoko to the point that she pulls up Naoki's past about being dressed like a girl,
and as payback he... kisses her?

This is a deliberate play with somebody's feelings.
Both of these people are so insensitive to each other's feelings,
I'm surprised Kotoko still likes him at all,
much less able to resurface those feelings she started with three years ago.

Kotoko, move on from Naoki, please...
for your sanity and mine.
Nov 21, 2022 7:29 AM
Aug 2022
Hey, Kotoko, when a guy says that out of the eighteen years of his life, the worst one of them was the one where he had to live with you, that's a really strong sign that he doesn't like you.
Nov 21, 2022 7:33 AM
Aug 2022
Actually, can somebody please explain how two people who still aren't together still the "centerpiece of attention" when it comes to rumors? Realistically speaking, there has to be a point where they become boring as a topic, and I'm sure a year is more than enough time for them to simmer out as the topic of the day.

Kaoru Tada is simping SO hard for these two to be together, she's using the stupid tactic of having other people talk about it until it's true, which is such a lazy and toxic way of trying to get people together.
Nov 21, 2022 7:38 AM
Aug 2022
MoonspiritX said:
Actually, can somebody please explain how two people who still aren't together still the "centerpiece of attention" when it comes to rumors? Realistically speaking, there has to be a point where they become boring as a topic, and I'm sure a year is more than enough time for them to simmer out as the topic of the day.

Kaoru Tada is simping SO hard for these two to be together, she's using the stupid tactic of having other people talk about it until it's true, which is such a lazy and toxic way of trying to get people together.

Now, I will give the manga some lee-way here because Irie has accomplished so much that being Kotoko's love interest may not be the thing that was hinted at during this chapter, but what else am I supposed to think when the guy who brings it up goes, "Oh, that other thing you did, people are still angry about that."
Nov 21, 2022 7:41 AM
Aug 2022
Naoki makes NO attempt here to console Kotoko's feelings outside of the insistence that it's fine if things stayed the way they were, which further hammers in the idea that he doesn't like her in the same way that she likes him.
Nov 21, 2022 7:46 AM
Aug 2022
Naoki gives a speech again, and Kotoko's feelings that were formed the same way three years ago resurface...
That's fine, I guess, but this was a beautifully missed opportunity to explain how she could've possibly fallen in love like that.
Instead, she reminisces about what in the world they've been through since living together, which is a lot of garbage,
because, shocker, he still doesn't like her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 8 Discussion

MoonspiritX - Oct 22, 2022

1 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 22, 2022 10:13 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 7 Discussion

MoonspiritX - Oct 22, 2022

0 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 22, 2022 10:04 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 2 Discussion

buunny - May 3, 2019

2 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 21, 2022 6:37 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 6 Discussion

MoonspiritX - Oct 9, 2022

2 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 9, 2022 11:10 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Chapter 5 Discussion

MoonspiritX - Oct 9, 2022

2 by MoonspiritX »»
Oct 9, 2022 10:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.