Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 25, 2022 12:25 PM
Nov 2020
Who ever think it's a good idea to rate music is stupid.
Mar 25, 2022 12:34 PM
Jun 2021
Yeah it's kinda weird that visual novels aren't included here but music videos are
サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Mar 25, 2022 12:53 PM

Feb 2019
Thunder_lol said:

The video is animation, there are songs in normal anime too, and there is nothing weird in rating an animation that is entirely singing (like Shelter for example).
mlem

Also read Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru (Bless Botan)
Mar 25, 2022 1:29 PM

Dec 2016
I don't know why you are complaining, like this is super easy way to add another series to your "Completed" list.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.169/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 25, 2022 2:02 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
What's the point of this thread? Music videos have always been allowed in the database.
Mar 25, 2022 2:31 PM
Nov 2020
ShinoAlter said:
Thunder_lol said:

The video is animation, there are songs in normal anime too, and there is nothing weird in rating an animation that is entirely singing (like Shelter for example).
Rating the animations are you kidding me? Not all MV in Japan are animated and different animations from different MVs are what's so interesting about the singer's style of music and what they're trying to express in the song.
Mar 25, 2022 2:35 PM

Feb 2019
Thunder_lol said:
ShinoAlter said:

Rating the animations are you kidding me? Not all MV in Japan are animated and different animations from different MVs are what's so interesting about the singer's style of music and what they're trying to express in the song.

Not all MV’s in Japan are animated and not all MV’s are in the MAL database. MV is nothing more than a song with animation that mainly helps convey the story, and if the MV isn’t enough of an animation it just shouldn’t be in MAL database. Both of Aqua’s MV are good enough to be on MAL in terms of animation, and there is nothing wrong in it being here.
mlem

Mar 25, 2022 2:40 PM

Apr 2020
Thunder_lol said:

Damn, your mind is gonna be blown once you find out there is a whole industry dedicated to rating music 😂
I have committed war crimes in Yugoslavia
Mar 25, 2022 3:20 PM

Oct 2020
ShinoAlter said:
Thunder_lol said:

You mean Music Videos, they arent just "animations" it's pretty dumb to rate music videos now since the definition of what fits here its really subjective. For example this music video is on MAL but the HololiveERROR animated shorts arent
Mar 25, 2022 3:23 PM

Feb 2019
Keslerzv said:
ShinoAlter said:

You mean Music Videos, they arent just "animations" it's pretty dumb to rate music videos now since the definition of what fits here its really subjective. For example this music video is on MAL but the HololiveERROR animated shorts arent

HololiveERROR is probably still pending approval, because it’s a smaller random series that popped out recently. A lot of Hololive stuffs are probably in the queue and will be added slowly.
mlem

Mar 25, 2022 11:35 PM
Sep 2021
positiv2 said:
Thunder_lol said:

Damn, your mind is gonna be blown once you find out there is a whole industry dedicated to rating music 😂

Point is, OP was complaining about rating a MUSIC VIDEO on a site about rating ANIME.

Good strawman argument.
Mar 26, 2022 4:00 AM

Apr 2020
FredCon said:
positiv2 said:

Point is, OP was complaining about rating a MUSIC VIDEO on a site about rating ANIME.

Good strawman argument.

Honey, now you're just making stuff up. In the stuff I quoted, there are a total of zero mentions of music videos, or anime rating websites. But go on, be a redditor that cries "strawman" without even knowing what it means.
Mar 26, 2022 4:21 AM

Nov 2013
Thunder_lol said:
Do you think it's not possible to rate music? Or what other reason do you have to call it stupid?

FredCon said:
Good strawman argument.
I'm not sure what you think that term means, but this ain't it.

Keslerzv said:
For example this music video is on MAL but the HololiveERROR animated shorts arent
Error is pending approval:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/51166
And the entry for I wanna was literally approved just yesterday.

ArcaSK said:
Yeah it's kinda weird that visual novels aren't included here but music videos are
This is anime database. So animated music videos gets added (should they also fill the definition of anime). Visual novels aren't animations, they are games. Games have their separate databases. There's even some for VNs specifically.
abystoma2Mar 26, 2022 4:26 AM
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 26, 2022 6:06 AM
Jun 2021
abystoma2 said:
ArcaSK said:
This is anime database. So animated music videos gets added (should they also fill the definition of anime). Visual novels aren't animations, they are games. Games have their separate databases. There's even some for VNs specifically.

And what if visual novels aren't animated?? I don't see mangas or light novels as an animation but they're still here nonetheless; and I think vns like fate/stay night, steins:gate and even others like nekopara are just as deserving of being here as any other manga or light novel that's considered to be a source material for an anime. I haven't played the other two I mentioned, but fate/stay night feels like it's the point in between a light novel and an anime, cause it's pretty much a light novel with art, music and voices

And yeah I know there are other databases for vns, but that's a stupid argument imo, as there are also other anime databases and other manga databases but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be here, right?
サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Mar 26, 2022 6:26 AM

Nov 2013
ArcaSK said:
abystoma2 said:

And what if visual novels aren't animated?? I don't see mangas or light novels as an animation but they're still here nonetheless; and I think vns like fate/stay night, steins:gate and even others like nekopara are just as deserving of being here as any other manga or light novel that's considered to be a source material for an anime.

Visual Novels aren't anime or manga (or books). Things don't get added to database just because it served as a source material for something that is in the database. Or do you want radio programs, live action or MMORPG games in the dabase too?

No, they don't deserve to be added because they simply aren't the type of media this database is for.

ArcaSK said:
cause it's pretty much a light novel with art, music and voices
And one more important element: player imput. Game. It's called a game.

You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 26, 2022 9:11 PM
Sep 2021
positiv2 said:
FredCon said:

Good strawman argument.

Honey, now you're just making stuff up. In the stuff I quoted, there are a total of zero mentions of music videos, or anime rating websites. But go on, be a redditor that cries "strawman" without even knowing what it means.

Honey, you don't understand shit to imply what people said to begin with. Try using your brain next time.
Mar 27, 2022 12:20 AM

Apr 2020
FredCon said:
positiv2 said:

Honey, you don't understand shit to imply what people said to begin with. Try using your brain next time.

I don't need to imply anything. Maybe wait a couple years, finish kindergarten, and maybe the first couple grades, and you'll have the necessary reading comprehension of an average third grader required to not guess what the other person meant and simply be able to read what they said. There's a reason another user in this thread told you "I'm not sure what you think that term means, but this ain't it." 😋
Mar 27, 2022 9:25 PM
Sep 2021
positiv2 said:

I don't need to imply anything. Maybe wait a couple years, finish kindergarten, and maybe the first couple grades, and you'll have the necessary reading comprehension of an average third grader required to not guess what the other person meant and simply be able to read what they said. There's a reason another user in this thread told you "I'm not sure what you think that term means, but this ain't it." 😋

Yes, because diverging the conversation with random bullshit and belittle people makes you the superior person. I guess being grown up means we'll develop a shitty selective reading skill, good knowledge.

FreedomCannedMar 27, 2022 9:32 PM
Mar 27, 2022 9:28 PM

Sep 2018
A new era is upon us…MyMusicList!!!
Apr 7, 2022 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
I highly recommend you guys to watch Minna no Uta's and then maybe you'll understand why music videos on the MAL database are a key component.

@returntothenhk Btw, that was funny xD
I want to sleep...
Apr 7, 2022 3:28 PM

May 2021
Its a music ALONG with the video. Even MVs can have some form of message. You can rate the music, the video and how the music complements the video.

May 18, 2022 9:50 PM

Feb 2020
Rateyourmusic.com was a mistake I guess.
Sep 6, 2022 5:45 AM

Apr 2018
Yet another pointless thread where idiots miss the fact this MV is an anime and complain about music or something.

More topics from this board

Poll: » I Wanna Episode 1 Discussion

Hiruzawa - Feb 19, 2022

4 by bushman66 »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.