Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2021 12:30 PM

Apr 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It really shows that Les-san's brother hasn't lived in a house where physical abuse like Megane-san endured was the norm. It's also very presumptuous of him to assume that she had a family to go back to (she hadn't, for a long time), that her body was "healthy" (her knee injury prevented her from running track, which her scholarship depended on), and that her father's abuse happened because Megane-san didn't care for him (which he has no way of knowing).

"My dad used to hit me sometimes"

is nowhere near comparable to the physical abuse we've seen Megane-san enduring from her father.

"No parent doesn't love their own child."
"Maybe [having a child] would've made [Megane-san's] husband realize what it means to make a family."

Again, brother speaking out of a stunningly limited perception of the world. Remember how Megane-san's husband kicked (or punched?) her in the stomach right when she finally managed to carry a pregnancy, thereby causing a spontaneous miscarriage, and then laughing in her face that she was "barren"? Of course, the brother doesn't know all this, but it's still an amazing lack of empathy.

That being said, I do think that Megane-san tends to wallow in her misery a lot and doesn't consider others' feelings (which Les-san rightfully calls her out on several times). Megane-san uses her trauma as an excuse to both throw a pity party for herself and, in a way, consider herself superior to others for withstanding all the abuse and managing to control someone else to a degree that they'd murder for her.

I do agree that Megane-san should also turn herself in as the instigator.

Very interesting chapter overall.
Oct 20, 2022 12:24 PM
Oct 2019
I like the brother but did he PISS ME OFF with that halfed ass reasoning, specially when he pondered that if they had kids her husband could have changed??? like she shoud wait and see lol and like he couldn't just beat HER and THEIR KIDS. So centered in this own experiences like its a rule
SeinenAmbassadorNov 4, 2022 4:06 PM
Jan 9, 2023 8:52 AM
Dec 2020
I changed my mind, I hate the brother now. 

Megane was beat half to death by father and her husband. She never once felt any sort of love from her parents, and never felt any love from her parents. It is not at all the same as the brother's parents hitting him once in a while. He is trivializing the abuse that consumed her entire life. 

I don't agree with the Megane's choices, but this is the kind of manga that presents you with a grey area: Megane did everything she could, she reported him to the police, she tried to run away, what was she supposed to do in the end? Murder is never right, and I don't condone it. 

Having a child wouldn't have saved Megane from her husband. Thanking her parents wouldn't have saved from her dad's abuse. Neither of those people ever loved her, and love wouldn't ever excuse any of the things they did to her. 

Overall, I'm not sure what to think. The brother, who I was beginning to think was a good guy, actually ended up a terrible person who doesn't understand what domestic abuse is, or that people can be horrible. I don't think murder was the right thing to do, but what else could have saved Megane? (I am not excusing the murder.) I think both women should turn themselves in and leave the rest to the proper authorities. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjo Chapter 15 Discussion

H_Erifu - Apr 10, 2015

3 by surprisedspace »»
Jan 6, 2023 8:55 AM

» Good development

SeinenAmbassador - Oct 19, 2022

0 by SeinenAmbassador »»
Oct 19, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Gunjou Chapter 34 Discussion

Pande91 - Sep 8, 2021

0 by Pande91 »»
Sep 8, 2021 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou Chapter 33 Discussion

Pande91 - Sep 8, 2021

0 by Pande91 »»
Sep 8, 2021 2:57 PM

Poll: » Gunjou Chapter 32 Discussion

Pande91 - Sep 8, 2021

0 by Pande91 »»
Sep 8, 2021 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.