Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2016 4:09 PM

Feb 2015
-scrolling down.... Genre... Sports, shoujo, music....- WHAT!?

SPORTS AND MUSIC!?

I'm just wondering how this'll work... I mean how are they gonna have a sports and music genre in one?... Like what, singing performance with basketballs or hitting baseballs with a microphone?

Opinions my dears?

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazJul 13, 2017 11:49 PM
Sep 11, 2016 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
The characters sing and ice skate at the same time.
Sep 11, 2016 8:57 PM

Feb 2015
quukii said:

Then I have another question... Why? and why?
Sep 11, 2016 10:28 PM

Mar 2013
Rick4life said:
quukii said:

It's from a spin off of a series known as pretty rhythm Rainbow live. however I must warn you if you haven't seen the first movie this movie is going to confuse you. Second more serious Warning if you are not into yaoi of any kind and I mean any kind from simplistic yaoi to over the top and outright unnecessary... yeah you might not want to watch this.

However if you're going to ask if there's a story or if watching the series is required in order to understand this movie or the previous movie the answer not really, but I would recommend you watch the series anyway.
Sep 12, 2016 1:54 PM

May 2010
FallenEntity said:
Rick4life said:

It's from a spin off of a series known as pretty rhythm Rainbow live. however I must warn you if you haven't seen the first movie this movie is going to confuse you. Second more serious Warning if you are not into yaoi of any kind and I mean any kind from simplistic yaoi to over the top and outright unnecessary... yeah you might not want to watch this.

However if you're going to ask if there's a story or if watching the series is required in order to understand this movie or the previous movie the answer not really, but I would recommend you watch the series anyway.

The series is about girl side after all
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2016 6:37 PM

Feb 2015
FallenEntity said:
Rick4life said:

Oh don't worry.... I'm not watching this... I wanted to kill myself after seeing the trailer
Sep 12, 2016 8:19 PM
Mar 2015
Looks quite promising, I agree. :D
Sep 12, 2016 9:18 PM

Mar 2013
hawa777 said:

True but these movies still feels like this was unnecessary I wouldn't mind the movies if it wasn't for the overuse of yaoi and trying to change things that the series did so well.
Sep 12, 2016 10:12 PM

May 2010
FallenEntity said:
hawa777 said:

True but these movies still feels like this was unnecessary I wouldn't mind the movies if it wasn't for the overuse of yaoi and trying to change things that the series did so well.

I think so but it sells well, maybe even more than the series. Since Pripara is even more selling than PR. However I still prefer PR for its drama
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2016 4:18 AM

Feb 2010
Rick4life said:
-scrolling down.... Genre... Sports, shoujo, music....- WHAT!?

SPORTS AND MUSIC!?

I'm just wondering how this'll work... I mean this is gonna be some next generation homo shit here but how are they gonna have a sports and music genre in one?... Like what, singing performance with basketballs or hitting baseballs with a microphone?

Opinions my dears?

I think I'm more concerned about them listing it as PG. If it's anything like the first movie, it might be safer to list it as PG-13.

And yeah, like others said, it's like hybrid musical ice-skating and singing shows they do. It's extremely um... gay? Not so much in a sexual way, but there is definitely sexual innuendo, probably the equivalent to fanservice in typical male-demographic harem anime... but nobody kisses and there's no romance as far as the first movie shows. The innuendo is also in a more cheesy fashion similar to (but still way more than) the "Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love" and "Uta No Prince-sama" series.

Also, they use 3DCG quite a bit. Not sure if that bothers you. I personally am fine with it... except the 3D models tend to have blank expressions on their faces, and the animation quality isn't anywhere as high as it could be. Most of it is 2D, though.

Also, don't expect high quality plot.
I absolutely loved it for the comedy value and uncommon female-demographic fanservice, but nobody will recommend this for any serious plot.
PikangieSep 19, 2016 4:22 AM
May 4, 2017 10:16 AM

May 2010
Super duper gay guys? I think I saw a kiss shot in the PV
May 31, 2017 2:15 AM

Nov 2007
13 inserted songs in the movie
http://moca-news.net/article/20170531/2017053118000a_/01/

Kobayashi-san will do the singing voice for the Jouji Takadanobaba (CV: Tomokazu Sugita).
https://nijimen.net/topics/12080
tsubasaloverJun 3, 2017 1:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » King of Prism: Pride the Hero Episode 1 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Oct 30, 2018

1 by mangosteak »»
Jun 1, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.