Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2015 1:19 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lots of stuff going on in this episode... close and dyspear return and it looks like kanata will make an appeareance too.. i'm curious to see how everything will play out~
Sep 10, 2015 2:05 AM
Jun 2011
the twins are intresting villains i cant wait to see more of them
Sep 10, 2015 3:50 AM

May 2013
they keep heat on with some power-up and new villains.
the names of new subgeneral is freeze and stop. And they have grand plans too. I like to see how this play out too.

next week, I smell some terrible episode with minamin's 'fiance'. :P
Sep 10, 2015 4:44 AM

Jan 2013
Minami said that they have to find the remaining keys? I thought the new ones were the last.

WHen will they have the 12 keys?
sigh..
Sep 10, 2015 5:24 AM

Jan 2012
The bad guys revived! I'm starting to feel bad for Shut, he feels like he's been dragged along through this entire show. :D
Sep 10, 2015 1:25 PM

Oct 2011
I am loving how eerie this show is getting... That crow scene was so sinister.
Also loving how the villains seem to actually have a plan. Dyspear is resolving her inability to manifest in the real world without a source of despair (which was Towa in her awakening episode) by literally planting seeds of despair. And she's keeping it hidden from the girls so they can't destroy them! I hate it when villains reveal their plans so the heroes can foil them.

Another interesting thing is that Freeze and Stop seem to be Zetsuborgs born from the Precure squad's despair (at least, it looks like it?), so they seem to be much more humanoid and powerful to the point of even being capable of creating other Zetsuborgs! I love it when the villains actually use the heroes' strength against them because it's so clever and so obvious.

wishkas said:
Minami said that they have to find the remaining keys? I thought the new ones were the last.

You are SOOOO right. They said there were supposed to be 12 original keys and Haru, Mina and Kira had obtained 9 of them before Towa showed up with her 3 purified dark keys, so they don't count because there was no past Cure Scarlet.
Then Towa obtained the Sun Key and HaruMinaKira still lacked one key each, which they obtained (Cherry Blossom, Coral and Galaxy) after meeting the past Princess Precure. So, the original 12 Keys have been obtained, plus Towa's four new keys which bring the total up to 16. I thought they were done with the Keys and the ultimate power they unlocked was the Princess Palace, Eclat Espoir (or whatever the heck it's called).

BUT in this episode they said there are even more Keys? That's a huge plot hole because they have f-ing 16 of them (and just 12 Keys were supposed to open the Door of Hope and save Hope Kingdom, right?)!
If they can actually create new Keys, like Towa and Yui did with the Sun Key (because Dyspear created the other 3, but Cure Scarlet purified them), then there could technically be no end to the Keys! I really hope someone in the show resolves this plot hole soon.

Anyway, next episode looks meh because on one hand F-ING YES for a Minami episode which might have Minami x Haruka feels as an added bonus, but a big NO for the forced fiancé thing. BUT if this episode really develops Minami past her "rich girl" status, I will love it to death. And I hope there will be even more Minami episodes in the future, because she's the least three-dimensional main character, in my opinion, so she has the least depth and development.
Sep 10, 2015 4:48 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Ryuu_Hou-ou said:

wishkas said:

You are SOOOO right. They said there were supposed to be 12 original keys and Haru, Mina and Kira had obtained 9 of them before Towa showed up with her 3 purified dark keys, so they don't count because there was no past Cure Scarlet.
Then Towa obtained the Sun Key and HaruMinaKira still lacked one key each, which they obtained (Cherry Blossom, Coral and Galaxy) after meeting the past Princess Precure. So, the original 12 Keys have been obtained, plus Towa's four new keys which bring the total up to 16. I thought they were done with the Keys and the ultimate power they unlocked was the Princess Palace, Eclat Espoir (or whatever the heck it's called).

BUT in this episode they said there are even more Keys? That's a huge plot hole because they have f-ing 16 of them (and just 12 Keys were supposed to open the Door of Hope and save Hope Kingdom, right?)!
If they can actually create new Keys, like Towa and Yui did with the Sun Key (because Dyspear created the other 3, but Cure Scarlet purified them), then there could technically be no end to the Keys! I really hope someone in the show resolves this plot hole soon.

I thought the same. Unless Toei decides to ignore the number, so to keep selling more and more Keys.

And Kanata is back... And looks like he lost his memories.
Sep 12, 2015 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
Close has always been my favorite villain of the trio but now he's even more badass and I LIKE THAT!
Freeze and Stop are damn cool too. I'm loving this episode.

Concerning the keys, at first I thought they got 12 keys each which is quite enormous lol......... But maybe I was not so wrong because if they keep adding keys it'll surely end like that :v
Sep 13, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2011
Well this was a really good episode.

Close is back, Dyspear is also back, new enemies, they have a new castle, and Lock has been turned into a fairy. Didn't see that coming.

Lock being a fairy is a neat idea. Kinda keeps the idea from Happiness Charge had. That fairies can become evil. I also like how they found him right away. I was thinking 1 of the Cures or Yui was going to find him and nurse him back to health and then something about being a doctor as a dream would come up.

I'm really liking the look to Close. At first he had a guitar look and now he looks like a ninja.

Overall great episode. Can't wait to see more.
Apr 4, 2017 11:20 PM

Nov 2011
I had an idea already, but Scarlet explicitly confirmed it when she told everyone not to count her keys toward the 12 since they were created by Dyspear and therefore not part of the originals. The fourth keys for everyone therefore should have been the last of them.

When I first started watching the series I thought there would be 12 keys straight-up, each with its own power. Then I thought each new key would merge with the girls' keys and create a new form, but it turned out that each version counted as a separate key. So the Rose + Elegant key and Luna + Elegant key were two individual keys, and there would only be four iterations of the primary four keys.

Now... it's just really murky. Maybe there will be 12 iterations of all four base keys, for a whopping total of 48 keys? That sounds like waaaay too many more for only 20 episodes left. If they had suggested creating more keys similar to Scarlet's fourth key then gaining some additional keys would have made sense, but as is Toei doesn't seem to know where they're going. I hope they clear it up soon.

All of that aside, though, this was a great episode. Close is downright OP now; it's interesting that Lock gave off so much despair at the moment before he was purified. I liked the idea of him being a fairy too. I see now why he survived.

Looking forward to the upcoming episodes.
Apr 6, 2017 7:51 PM

Jul 2010
Love that Close is back, been my favorite bad guy in this since the beginning, he hams it up so damn much which I love. Also interesting that Lock was a fairy, did not expect that at all.
Jan 8, 2020 3:05 PM

May 2016
The keys are right. There were 13 of them because Kanata gave one to Haruka when she was little. So the first Haruka' key doesn't count im the 12 to save the kingdom. Then also the keys of the past Cure doesn't count because the "died' before the flashback where the keys goes to the Heart. Oblivously also the three keys created by Dyspear and purified by Scarlet doesn't count. So Haruka has 2 of the keys to save the kingdom (plus one of the past Flora and one that Kanata gave her when she was a child). Mermaid has 3 keys (One of the past Cure). Twinkle has 3 keys and Scarlett only 1 of the twelve (the Sun key while the other free were created by Dyspear). In total they have 2+3+3+1= 9 keys. The have to found other 3 keys of the twelve to save the kingdom.
Aug 10, 2021 12:41 AM

Feb 2020
Close is back and he's more stronger than ever! Nice.
Aug 8, 2022 9:17 PM
#Roselia
Feb 2019
they brought back best villian

More topics from this board

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 21 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 28, 2015

10 by pendr4gonz »»
May 7, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 20 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 14, 2015

10 by pendr4gonz »»
May 6, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 16 Discussion

Ryuu_Hou-ou - May 18, 2015

10 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 14 Discussion

silverwalls - May 4, 2015

13 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 12 Discussion

megmica - Apr 18, 2015

16 by pendr4gonz »»
Feb 20, 5:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.