Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 21, 2017 5:42 PM
Apr 2016
I voted for the chapter and manga, not necessarily the character. But Kawai personality is puke inducing. Unfortunately people like her are a lot more common in reality. Problem is that she never really learn to change or got punished for it. The slap was kind of awkward..
Aug 12, 2018 10:19 AM
Apr 2018
Let's face it, we all knew Kawai had no reedeming qualities. As Shoya said, she makes me puke
May 21, 2019 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
I really hate Ueno for what she did to Shoko, how she treated her, and all the words she said to Shoko's mother. But still, Ueno is better than Miki. Miki is just disgusting. She's narcissistic, delusional, hypocritical, self-absorbed, egotistical, an attention seeker, and an overall horrible person.

What does she even mean by "cute"? And how dare she compare what she is experiencing with what Shoko and Miyoko experienced? Especially comparing herself to Shoko, saying she knows how Shoko feels? You were partly responsible for making Shoko feel that way and wanting to kill herself, you played a part in that. And you were never driven to that extent, were you? And you slapped Shoko for talking about the movie? She almost KILLED herself. Are you really worried? Or are you just still here for Satoshi? Of all the characters in this manga, Miki is the one I hate most. Ueno might be a total bitch for what she did, but she looks like a heroine when compared to Miki.

This chapter just made me hate her more. This chapter accomplishes in showing us how delusional, narcissistic, self-absorbed, and hypocritical Miki is and how out of everyone in that group of theirs, she is the one only looking out for herself. Even Ueno is looking out for Ishida. I may hate them both, but I hope Ueno destroys Miki.
Sep 24, 2019 8:16 PM

Jun 2015
kawai getting purely bullied is zero to nothing to shouko and ishida. those two genuinely wanted to die, while kawai over here is getting called creepy and feels bad cause of it. where the hell is her redeeming traits? kaeno is scum of the earth for physical assault and how she treats people, but at the very least we can see she cares for ishida. kawai is just selfish.
Feb 23, 2020 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
Seems like manga developed Kawai more compared to movie, but no it didn't make her more likeable xd Her whole melodramatic act of kindness with Nishimiya was so fake and she got so into it she didn't even care to realize Nishimiya can't even understand what she said. I feel like she has more point in that fight with Ueno though- Ueno has no right to be the one next to Ishida when she never was there for him when they were kids.

Aug 10, 2020 5:26 AM

Mar 2014
I am seriously at my limit here, Kawai and Ueno are both disgusting. Kawai is a hypocritical bitch with a victim complex who doesn't even self-reflect. Ueno is a violent girl who may be honest about who she is but I can't fucking stand her attitude and how she treats anyone who isn't Ishida.
Aug 13, 2021 2:10 AM

Apr 2017
Oh it's so satisfying to see that Miki's classmates see through her goody-two-shoes act. But I'm seriously getting annoyed at this manga for giving both her and Naoka so much attention. They always end up doing the same things and it always ends badly, so at this point it's annoyingly repetitive.

And that attempt at appearing concerned for Shouya by slapping Shouko was seriously laughable. If the movie fails, it'll be because of her piss-poor acting skills.

This chapter should've been titled "Hypocrite".
Oct 29, 2021 9:14 PM

Jan 2021
Kawai is a vapid c*nt. There's no delicate way to describe her. Ueno is a bitch, but at least she isn't living in shoujo-land. The only way Kawai could possibly be more superficial is if she ran around with a slice of bread in her mouth.
Mar 14, 2023 4:37 PM
May 2022
kawai has really gaslighted herself into believing that she was the one actually being bullied lmao. you'd hope for some introspection, but that seems unlikely. i wonder if she'll realize people know about her fake "nice girl" act and that's why they don't like her
Apr 19, 2:40 AM

Aug 2018
I feel sad for ishida. He has to deal with 2 crazy women in his friends group. Something I'm glad about is that despite kawai's facade no one actually sees her the way she sees herself even her class. While she fought to get seen as perfect and cute in reality everyone saw her as bossy, creepy and selfish. I feel Like this is a good enough punishment for her.
Apr 19, 2:45 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to Pande91
Oh it's so satisfying to see that Miki's classmates see through her goody-two-shoes act. But I'm seriously getting annoyed at this manga for giving both her and Naoka so much attention. They always end up doing the same things and it always ends badly, so at this point it's annoyingly repetitive.

And that attempt at appearing concerned for Shouya by slapping Shouko was seriously laughable. If the movie fails, it'll be because of her piss-poor acting skills.

This chapter should've been titled "Hypocrite".
@Pande91
Yeah I have to agree here, too much focus on ueno and kawai, at least ueno before the whole door blocking thing was necessary for the plot since she's the only person who doesn't babysit nishimya so that adds a flavor to the story. Kawai just feels unnecessary, she doesn't really do anything and nothing she does lands well because she's fake.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Complete JSL Translations for Koe no Katachi

Croseus - Feb 3, 2023

4 by Seansy »»
May 27, 9:53 PM

» Difference?

Mangahater - Apr 19

10 by no_comparison115 »»
May 18, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 10 Discussion

LucarioDude - Nov 5, 2013

35 by Saiunknown »»
Apr 30, 5:48 PM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maerow - Nov 15, 2014

291 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.