Ranked #6491

Duration: 55 min.
Rating: None
L represents licensing company

Feb 4, 2011
When people think of 3D CG animation from the Far East, they normally remember certain cut scenes from video games, some of which are truly breathtaking works that combine imaginative storytelling with top notch cinematography. It's strange then, that the skill and passion that goes into making these visual feasts is sorely lacking where the anime industry is concerned, and the shows that have tried to walk the path of 3D CG have generally failed at capturing the attention of the audience.

There is at least one star shining in the darkness though, and thankfully it's not Planzet.

In 2047 the Earth has reached the point where read more
Aug 12, 2011
Planzet, a movie that takes place in the future 3 decades from now. Like any other alien movies, this one is also about alien invasion and humankind trying to defend themselves.
Story (6/10):
I'd have to give this anime a 6/10 for story. The idea of having an alien invasion and humans defending their planet and themselves is an overused idea I'd say. Even in the Western Culture, we see movies about this come up all the time. For example: Cowboys vs. Aliens and Battle of Los Angeles.
Art (7/10):
The 3D animation for this movie was not all that bad. Considering it was aired last year, I'd read more
Oct 16, 2010

The story takes place in the future. It's basically about an alien invasion in the main character trying to defend planet earth while defeating the enemy.

This movie is for sci-fi/mecha fans esp. those who like the end of the world stories. Also if you are not a big fan of 3-D animation you might not like it all. When it first started I was not a fan of the animation nor how the story was going. It was coming off a lil boring and I thought for the advancement in technology this 3-D animation was coming a lil weak in coolness. I didn't start to read more
Dec 5, 2010
well , let me start by saying it pains me how such a visually beautiful anmie with potential can be ruined by totally inept scripting, clueless character development or a plot less story.

The visual were breathtaking and i loved the whole retro look.The sound wasn't bad either, its just it was a a let down , it wanted to be so much more but wasn't.I will not say it had its moments but overall but the guys who wrote this drivel couldn't read more