Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 7, 2013 6:06 AM

Jan 2012
Mod bias? Why does this anime get differentiated with and have it's recap episode split into a separate entry? Many series have recap episodes that are left in the original season so why make a change with this one?
Jul 7, 2013 6:09 AM

Sep 2008
Totally absurd, desu.
There are one hundred series out there with recap episode, but only AoT recap gets it's own page.

Dec 2012
It's probably the same as Bakemonogatari.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6948/Bakemonogatari_Recap

Nov 2008
The database is inconsistent.
Jul 7, 2013 6:18 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah it seems the shows with a lot of fanboys like Bake and this get preferential treatment. It's still an episode of the show, it will count towards the original episode count, if it isn't aired separately it shouldn't get separated from the season IMO.

On a site based around ratings whoever is making these decisions shouldn't be so biased, either do them all, or do none of them.
Jul 7, 2013 6:27 AM

Dec 2012
It's separated because it's a ''special'' not a regular episode. But I don't know why they don't separate them for all anime.

What is the benefit that fans get from this? ''preferential treatment'' Eh?. You seem like a petty person.
Jul 7, 2013 6:28 AM

Jul 2011
For the same reason that all this:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=recap

Not for a preferential treatment, that is stupid.

I don't think that Bible Black fans has preferential treatment just because Bible Black: New Testament Recap is in the database
Jul 7, 2013 6:31 AM

Jan 2012
pralan said:
For the same reason that all this:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=recap

Not for a preferential treatment, that is stupid

Once again do them all or not any. Chihayafuru is one of the top of my head. Why waste time making the database inconsistent like this?
Jul 7, 2013 6:52 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
> Mod bias
> Inconsistent

I love how everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions and grab their pitchforks. It's generally a good idea to try to understand why something is done a certain way before making assumptions... just a bit of life advice.

ReasonDesu said:
It's still an episode of the show, it will count towards the original episode count
This is where you're wrong: it will not count towards the initial episode count. The SnK recap is episode 13.5. It is a special episode not included in the main series count, which is often aired in place of the regular episode for extraneous circumstances.

In contrast to this, the recaps in both seasons of Chihayafuru were planned recaps. They both counted as episode 16 of the first and second series. Thus, they are included in the episode count of the series and are not special episodes.

There is no inconsistency here. Special episodes (recap or not) get their own entries; regular episodes do not. You may find the Anime DB Guidelines to be an interesting read. Or next time you can just ask first.
KinetaJul 7, 2013 6:56 AM
Jul 7, 2013 6:58 AM

Jan 2012
Well I'm just going by the only western official news out there.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-06-08/attack-on-titan-episode-14-to-be-a-recap

"The July issue of Gakken's Animedia magazine is reporting on Monday that episode 14 of the Attack on Titan anime will be a recap compilation episode. The "Ano Hi Kara" (From That Day Onward) episode will air on July 6."

Any chance of linking me where you guys got the information this is a special and not part of the episode count?
Jul 7, 2013 7:02 AM

Jul 2011
Maybe just the fact that the recap is the episode 13.5 and the next week is the 14?
Jul 7, 2013 7:04 AM

Sep 2008
ReasonDesu said:
Well I'm just going by the only western official news out there.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-06-08/attack-on-titan-episode-14-to-be-a-recap

"The July issue of Gakken's Animedia magazine is reporting on Monday that episode 14 of the Attack on Titan anime will be a recap compilation episode. The "Ano Hi Kara" (From That Day Onward) episode will air on July 6."

Any chance of linking me where you guys got the information this is a special and not part of the episode count?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14950&page=25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Attack_on_Titan_episodes
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9541
Jul 7, 2013 7:09 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
It's generally better to not trust ANN without verifying their information first. The official website and schedule are often better sources of information, although the schedule isn't always up-to-date.
Jul 7, 2013 7:18 AM

Jan 2012
Cheers, I'll shut up now.
Jul 7, 2013 12:20 PM

May 2012
It's because of the 13.5. MAL could add an extra episode to make it 26 but that would be weird since it's not episode 14. Maybe after you click + on 13 it should go to 13.5 instead of 14?

Well, a +1 to my completed number I guess.
Jul 7, 2013 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
Kineta said:
> Mod bias
> Inconsistent

I love how everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions and grab their pitchforks. It's generally a good idea to try to understand why something is done a certain way before making assumptions... just a bit of life advice.

ReasonDesu said:
It's still an episode of the show, it will count towards the original episode count
This is where you're wrong: it will not count towards the initial episode count. The SnK recap is episode 13.5. It is a special episode not included in the main series count, which is often aired in place of the regular episode for extraneous circumstances.

In contrast to this, the recaps in both seasons of Chihayafuru were planned recaps. They both counted as episode 16 of the first and second series. Thus, they are included in the episode count of the series and are not special episodes.

There is no inconsistency here. Special episodes (recap or not) get their own entries; regular episodes do not. You may find the Anime DB Guidelines to be an interesting read. Or next time you can just ask first.

This. It's so obvious, people! Why are you making a scandle? -.- Official sources are always right. Look at the first episode of Sailor Moon S... It's a recap of Sailor Moon R, but Toei Animation included it on the normal schedule - it's episode 1, not 0.5 or something like that!
In this case, it's episode 13.5, not 14. The next week's episode will be called episode 14.
Is everyone clear now?
Jul 7, 2013 3:45 PM

Nov 2010
Now this was an enjoyable thread to read.
Jul 7, 2013 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Good read indeed
Jul 7, 2013 3:52 PM

Jan 2012
Jeav said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Good read indeed

...welp.

There is probably a better example but I can't help but walk away looking at my feet with this one.
Jul 9, 2013 8:05 AM
May 2011
Both Clannad:After Story and Air's last episodes are not counted as "episode 23/24/13", but they are in the series on MAL.
Rating things is overrated.
Jul 9, 2013 1:44 PM

Jun 2007
I don't know if anyone already went over this but they split off any episodes of a show that do not have any new footage. A recap that has any new scenes or monologue/dialogue is not split because it's providing new content even if only a small bit. This has been part of the system here for awhile and this is why you'll see other shows with recaps that are not split - because those recaps probably have a scene or two, or a few lines, of new material.
Aug 17, 2013 7:46 AM
Feb 2013
Naah. That's not it. It got a different entry because of the way the studio numbered it. 13.5.

If they put this recap as episode 14, then it wouldn't be consistent with the actual numbering. The only real solution is to make another entry for it.

Some anime give their recap episodes a proper episode number, so they don't get a special page for it.
Jun 12, 2019 1:13 PM
Apr 2019
should I watch this? anything new here?
Dec 15, 2023 5:27 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to NakolHira
should I watch this? anything new here?
@NakolHira its me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Recap Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Jul 6, 2013

97 by huzifafox »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:35 PM

» Do we still get

SwordWielder - Jul 6, 2013

3 by DiGGzBoT »»
Jul 7, 2013 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.