Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 11, 7:11 AM
Feb 2021
I'm calling it, best slice of life anime next year.
Sounds delusional but I could argue, Girls Band Cry PV and trailer has proven it already.

"You can't just simply judge the anime by its Promotional Vidya and trailer!!!"

Nah I'd win
Mar 11, 8:41 AM
Feb 2022
Be fr brother 💔💔
Mar 11, 2:44 PM
Degenerate Soda

Nov 2017
This is definitely gonna be an underdog and it needs more love.
Mar 11, 11:16 PM
Jun 2021
Totally agree. This is my number one pick not just for this season, but for the year as well.

Like with Bocchi, girl band anime fans just keep on winning.
Mar 11, 11:31 PM

Feb 2020
Yuru Campâ–ł Season 3 exist, but this is probably going to be pretty good as well.

SerafosMar 23, 12:16 AM
Mar 17, 8:09 PM

Jun 2015
I believe this will me more like the underrated show if done right. Cg really turns off most viewers.
Mar 18, 5:06 AM
Dec 2020
Yuru Camp and Jellyfish Can't Swim In The Night exist.
Mar 22, 1:35 AM
Sep 2016
Unless Yuru Camp S3 somehow bombs, this likely won't even be SoL anime of the season XD
Apr 12, 8:20 PM

Feb 2017
I believe it, I have a good feeling about this show too.
Apr 13, 2:18 AM

Jan 2016
Could be anime of the year in general
If I'm wrong I'm wrong
Apr 13, 4:31 PM

May 2015
Nope that be Jellyfish can't Swim at Night. If this wasn't 3dcg it would be close...such a terrible decision
Apr 13, 5:00 PM

May 2021
I hope this anime gets at least enough attention to survive. It'd be a real shame if this died instantly considering how nice the production is + the great music. Hard to believe that it didn't get licensed by any big streaming platforms in the west. Regardless I'm really enjoying it, and have high hopes that it does well enough to warrant more music and potentially more anime in the future.

I know the 3DCG is a huge turnoff for a lot of people but I have an open mind about it. It's not my first choice when it comes to animation either, but from what we've seen in the first 2 episodes I'm into it. Just have to hope they keep the quality up throughout the season.
Apr 13, 5:43 PM

Feb 2017
Reply to Horizon248
I hope this anime gets at least enough attention to survive. It'd be a real shame if this died instantly considering how nice the production is + the great music. Hard to believe that it didn't get licensed by any big streaming platforms in the west. Regardless I'm really enjoying it, and have high hopes that it does well enough to warrant more music and potentially more anime in the future.

I know the 3DCG is a huge turnoff for a lot of people but I have an open mind about it. It's not my first choice when it comes to animation either, but from what we've seen in the first 2 episodes I'm into it. Just have to hope they keep the quality up throughout the season.

Same I hope it gets some popularity. I like the tone of the show a lot. Though even ignoring the liscensing issue it's hard to think of any 3DCG anime originals that have been recieved well, I think a lot of people just immediately write off CG shows. Don't know what could happen to suddenly make it gain steam either, maybe if some big anituber talks about? I dunno.
Apr 13, 6:18 PM

May 2021
JKKH said:
Same I hope it gets some popularity. I like the tone of the show a lot.
Agreed, I think the show has a lot of promise.

JKKH said:
Though even ignoring the liscensing issue it's hard to think of any 3DCG anime originals that have been recieved well, I think a lot of people just immediately write off CG shows. Don't know what could happen to suddenly make it gain steam either, maybe if some big anituber talks about? I dunno.
Yeah I think it's unfortunate that the general vibe with 3DCG is negative. I understand it, I personally don't care for this style of animation as a main source of entertainment myself. However I believe there is a lot of merit to the style that Girls Band Cry has. It's one of those things, many aren't going to even attempt to watch because of the animation style and some like us will watch regardless.

This is just my take but honestly the biggest seller for this series may be the band's music that is being released on YouTube among other things. Maybe they will have a track that absolutely pops off and garners a ton of attention. Perhaps it will be a big anituber, or some other content creator that gives it attention. We will see, only time will tell whether or not this show gets popular enough to continue.

At the end of the day we could end up being the elitist randoms that stand up for a show that is underrated lmao. Hope that's not the case but with the licensing issues it's hard to see a future where a ton of people watch.

Apr 13, 7:59 PM

May 2015
It's so good in every aspect but the visuals, and in a medium where visuals are king this is unfortunately a killer. Total shame because this is really really good.

More topics from this board

» Can this anime become the #1 3DCG anime?

shigureftlux - 7 hours ago

14 by Horizon248 »»
5 seconds ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Today

42 by HaramAF »»
5 minutes ago

» More music like this?

Tonnar - Jun 1

12 by DetachedPersona »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

101 by BonBonToro »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 17

47 by RoseSans »»
Today, 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.