Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2023 1:18 PM

Jan 2012
Better than I thought it would be. Seems interesting for now.
Apr 19, 2023 1:21 PM

Aug 2021
Opening is pretty good. The plot seems to be progressing well and looks like it'll keep up pace
Apr 19, 2023 1:24 PM
Oct 2022
This show is very good.
Apr 19, 2023 1:34 PM
Apr 2023
still goosebumps
Apr 19, 2023 1:37 PM
Apr 2023
another banger episode (aqua is hot oh my days)
Apr 19, 2023 1:39 PM
Jan 2014
UnknownUser101 said:
This is so good, Trust me it gets even better every episodes. The anime adaptation is being faitful, they didn't skip a thing. The visuals are so perfect.
QUEEN BEE and YOASOBI
Thanks for the meal

The art is sublime, damn bastards from Doga Kobo, they really have put all their soul and budget into it to bring that quality of Sakuga in the animation of Op and Ed of Oshi no Ko, the dedication and practically risking such a level of budget!... I hope they don't go bankrupt as a Studio over this! xD
Apr 19, 2023 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
Bruh the directors mom was gold. Damn can't lie but I like em grown up and when they were kids no chomo ofc uwu

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 19, 2023 1:46 PM
Jun 2016
Great animation! follows the story really well so far
Apr 19, 2023 1:52 PM

May 2015
Disappointed that they cut the part of the song where Ikura is rapping for the OP.
Apr 19, 2023 1:56 PM

Sep 2019
Really enjoyable episode :>
Apr 19, 2023 1:58 PM
May 2020
I have great admiration for Miyako. The very different way of seeing life and what happened between the brothers is very interesting. And the eyes... they are pure wonder.
They are adapting it great💜
The Op. and the End. they are incredible.
Apr 19, 2023 2:01 PM
Apr 2022
Nightingale770 said:
So he will work as a supporting cast behind the scenes instead of an actor? that sounds boring as fck. Can anyone can spoil me if he will change to actor later or not.
He will, he actually will probably start his first job next episode or the one after, and he will continue to do so for almost every other arc!
Apr 19, 2023 2:04 PM
May 2017
Well it doesn't seem to be going down
Apr 19, 2023 2:05 PM
Jan 2023
I should read the manga now.
Apr 19, 2023 2:08 PM
Mar 2023
A little bit slower than the first, but maintains the quality and the thing I value the most for this series: the critical point of view, great episode
Apr 19, 2023 2:09 PM
Apr 2023
Rimusimp said:
Nightingale770 said:
So he will work as a supporting cast behind the scenes instead of an actor? that sounds boring as fck. Can anyone can spoil me if he will change to actor later or not.
He will, he actually will probably start his first job next episode or the one after, and he will continue to do so for almost every other arc!
Ty for the info. What about the money he earns from acting? does it get used for anything?
Apr 19, 2023 2:11 PM
May 2020
bro setting his sister up for failure, average aqua dub lol
Apr 19, 2023 2:16 PM

Oct 2021
Perfect set-up for the rest of the show; the opening and ending are perfection and this series is going to just keep getting better.
Apr 19, 2023 2:22 PM

Jul 2022
nice episode with some haha moments, i liek it man
Apr 19, 2023 2:24 PM

Jan 2021
Its nice that Ruby wants to be like Ai, she even goes out auditioning. Ruby does have memories from her past life still. Ruby is determined to become an idol but Aqua doesn't like that, he also visits the director for his work i think. I did find it quite sad for Ruby when she got rejected for becoming an idol, and who did it? Aqua. Ruby got scouted by some group or something but Aqua and Miyako are skeptical about it.

Aqua then goes as an business man and scouts a girl from a idol management or something like that, he then asks her questions. Miyako then says that Ruby shouldn't join the sketchy management but instead she lets Ruby join Strawberry Prod. The contract is officially signed. The director's grandma or mother opens the door for Aqua. This is what i found the funnies part of the episode, when the director is about to say something important the grandma is barging in and disturbing lmaoo, even when Aqua is about to say something important, she comes in again haha.

Aqua & Ruby go to the same school but they apply for different things. A girl walks by and then recognizes the word "Aqua", man it has been a while since they have seen each other. Arima goes to the same school as well, she was happy to see Aqua again. The disappointment in her when she heard that Aqua is joining an different department lol. What an episode.

__andre__Apr 19, 2023 2:30 PM
Apr 19, 2023 2:28 PM
Feb 2021
This Director's mother reminds me of my own mother so much... The way she barges into my room like that when I'm talking on Discord
Apr 19, 2023 2:28 PM
Feb 2021
This anime is unbelievable. Every element is here for a fantastic series. It even looks and sounds incredible to boot.
Apr 19, 2023 2:29 PM
Feb 2021
just as overwhelming as the manga
Apr 19, 2023 2:31 PM
Feb 2023
Yeah this episode was pretty damn good. It definitely slowed down quite a bit but that's to be expected after a feature length movie.

I'm only curious about Aqua's true intentions. Kinda peeved me off the way he wouldn't let Ruby do her idol thing. I mean, I know your Mom died cause of it, but, like, bruh. 

Oh well. I really liked seeing more of Ruby. I think the way they're setting up these siblings' stories is really interesting.

Funnily enough Aqua gave me real Sirogane vibes when he was in uniform. Speaking of clothing, all the outfits in this show are magnificent.

Also that opening is a banger.
SnaapApr 19, 2023 2:48 PM

Apr 19, 2023 2:33 PM

Apr 2022
Incredible episode, not like the first one but I loved it. The animation is incredibly good, the soundtrack too. And the history is probably the strong time point of this anime. A solid 8/10
Apr 19, 2023 2:35 PM

May 2018
Average episode, I guess this really peaked in the 1st episode huh. Well, it was basically a movie so it can't be helped. But I think I'm not so interested and invested in the story to care about Aqua's plan and Ruby's dreams, they ended the episode so abruptly as well that it was weird. Well, it was okay nonetheless, I'm still curious to see where this is going...

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 19, 2023 2:36 PM
Apr 2022
Nightingale770 said:
Rimusimp said:
Ty for the info. What about the money he earns from acting? does it get used for anything?
Well in the start it’s used for just sorta living purposes because of course like idols, actors who aren’t very popular don’t make shit. And it stays like that for a pretty good portion of the series, although he does save up money to get a DNA test and one other thing which I won’t say cuz I can’t get spoiler tags to work lmao
Apr 19, 2023 2:38 PM
Feb 2022
I'm really happy with this episode, it shows that this show has a lot more to gift us. Even if it cant top the premiere (because its simply exceptional) it shows us how different both characters are and how differently they have continued their life after Ai's death.
Apr 19, 2023 2:39 PM
Apr 2023
banger, wasnt that good as first one, but W as always
Apr 19, 2023 2:42 PM

Oct 2018
After the good debut movie, this episode came as a disappointment, but I was already expecting it. The prologue is really the best part of Oshi no Ko. From now on, it's all downhill.
At least we'll get to enjoy a bit of Akane and Memcho, they will have to carry this anime, we just need to know how far they can carry it.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 19, 2023 2:53 PM
Feb 2022
absolute masterpiece
Apr 19, 2023 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
why did this episode feel 4x shorter than ep1? :v

Ruby is so cute and Kana as well at the end

Aqua's actions are understandable, being an idol is a problem with the low pay and crazy fans

that opening tho, the start of that song sounds like something that Attack on Titan would have lol
winddevil1Apr 19, 2023 2:59 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 19, 2023 2:56 PM
Apr 2023
Very very good as well- not as good as the first episode I felt but I enjoyed seeing more developed Ruby and Aqua
Apr 19, 2023 2:58 PM
Apr 2023
what an interesting episode really good !
Apr 19, 2023 3:04 PM

Feb 2023
i really enjoyed this episode

Your Lie In April was a banger!

Dec 2020
After that banger ep 1, it's hard to reach the same impact again with just a 20min episode, but also makes sense to start a new build-up in the story arc now. I like the introduction of contrasting Ruby against Aqua and the stars in their eyes being symbolic of their innocence. Aqua's star became dark.

When Aqua mentioned DNA testing to find his father I was wondering how he wants to get access to a testing facility when I realized that he used to be a doctor and plans to study general subjects in school. Surely he will become some kind of medical professional to get direct access to DNA testing himself, else how is he gonna do so many shady tests? Those aren't cheap either. A theory.
Mar 2018
sugarsong said:
Good episode! I appreciate Aqua being so protective over Ruby. With the trauma these poor kids went through its totally understandable. I'm happy Ruby at least gets to work under her family now :)

Although I am wondering how nobody's been suspicious yet about the kids relationship to Ai since they all share the same last name and Ruby's growing up to look just like her. Is nobody in the universe gonna question why they don't have the same name as their fake mom? I'll wait and see if it'll get explored or if I just have to ignore it for story sake!
This detail will be mentioned in season 2 if it’ll ever get adapted. Although I’ll just leave the spoiler
Apr 19, 2023 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
Having the experience of an adult and thus knowing all the prostitution that is the business idol entertainment in Japan and because of this not wanting your naive younger sister to get involved in that is being and edge lord?
Wanting to find the person responsible for both yours and your mother murder makes you an edge lord?

I find it hard to agree, at least for now.
I can be a pain in the a about everything, but even me is able to recognize a shows merits. There's a group here that is being very irrational.
Apr 19, 2023 3:07 PM
Oct 2022
I was truly amazing!
Apr 19, 2023 3:11 PM

Apr 2009
So what was the point of the reincarnation? The Aqua is a totally different person from the doctor. Why would the girl twin need to audition when she literally the child of the producers? Bad plot, botted votes
Apr 19, 2023 3:12 PM

Feb 2023
damn I wish I couldve seen the Aqua medical school arc that wouldve been cool but I understand why he went to Youtou

jTiKey said:
So what was the point of the reincarnation? The Aqua is a totally different person from the doctor. Why would the girl twin need to audition when she literally the child of the producers? Bad plot, botted votes
Maybe she wants to make a name of her own? I mean look its not as good as episode one but it was still pretty good

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiApr 19, 2023 8:42 PM

Your Lie In April was a banger!
Apr 19, 2023 3:13 PM
Feb 2016
SOOOOO
THJIS SHIT IS ABD ONLY 30 SECONS WORTH IT BECAUSE KANNA
Apr 19, 2023 3:23 PM

Dec 2022
Spanish

El opening es por lejos de los mejores que he escuchado, es demasiado bueno. 
Dejando de lado el opening y ya centrándose en los personajes, hablemos de Kanna… Iré directo al punto, la odio. Es el personaje que más odio de todo Oshi no Ko (claramente sin contar al acosador que mató a Ai) y si soy sincero no estoy muy seguro por qué, solo se que desde que apenas empezaba leyendo el manga ya la odiaba, no se si alguien comparta esta opinión.
Dejando por el lado a Kanna, gran capítulo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English Translation

The opening is by far one of the best I've heard, it's too good.
Leaving aside the opening and already focusing on the characters, let's talk about Kanna... I'll go straight to the point, I hate her. She is the character I hate the most in all of Oshi no Ko (clearly not counting the stalker who killed Ai) and if I'm honest I'm not really sure why, I just know that since I just started reading the manga I already hated her. Does anyone share this opinion?
Leaving Kanna aside, great chapter.

(Sorry for my bad english. I'm using google translate since ''All posts in the main forum must be in English.'')
Apr 19, 2023 3:24 PM

Jul 2021
Loved it! The opening is sooooooo fire
Apr 19, 2023 3:24 PM
Feb 2017
Not as good as the first one, the brother is getting way too off character without us understanding why. Still one cannot deny the quality of the plot and animation, can't wait to see where this is going (jk I love mangas)
Apr 19, 2023 3:25 PM

Jun 2019
Can I expect performance/concert animation on this show like Zombieland Saga?
Apr 19, 2023 3:27 PM
Sep 2021
HE SO DAMN HOT 🥵 😭 this lowkey depressing episode STILL THE END A BANGER
Apr 19, 2023 3:29 PM
Apr 2023
i've read the manga so i already know
Jul 2020
bruh we are on ep 2 and people are already "mÜh bØRinG" or " Im ToO CoOl AnD dArK To AdMiT ThAt I LiKed So I GonNa cAlL tHiS AvErAGe"...btw (kyaaa Aqua kun u are such a pretty boy,no homo)

Dec 2019
IF YOU WANNA WIN THE LOTTERY, YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE MONEY TO BUY A TICKET!!
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2679 by colino09 »»
May 18, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.