Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (54) « First ... « 52 53 [54]
Feb 21, 3:51 PM
May 2023
Excellent first episode, now I understand those who say it's one or the best first episode of an anime (although in 1hr 20 mins if you don't do something minimally entertaining...you have to fire someone hahaha)

I could easily end this episode here and I'd be quite happy, even if it left some loose ends.

Without going into details, the best 2 aspects are:

The chapter itself exposes in a simple way the showbiz world from Idols to Acting and everything connected with it: Internet, Social Networks, Fandom, etc

The physical and/or psychological burden that these people are exposed to, not to mention the personal problems that they may carry from before entering this world

I would like to mention about the Animation, the use of pastel colors that I don't remember having seen before and I love it...it gives it a beautiful touch (I don't know if that's exactly what I said but I hope it's understood)

To finish, I could talk for a long time about this episode but I prefer to say a few things above and maybe, when I finish it, talk in more detail about the aspects I mentioned and those I did not mention.

PS: It also gives you the "tools" to guess the next step the story is going to take, everything is predictable (at least for me it was)
Feb 23, 8:24 PM
Feb 2024
damn first episode is so great for a first episode
Feb 24, 12:28 PM

Oct 2020
One of the best, 1st episode.
The last time I experienced such a good 1st episode was probably the "Funetsu no anata e" s1's 1st ep.

10/10
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Feb 25, 1:30 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4
[Art/Animation] - 4.5
[Sound/Music] - 3.5
[M-Character] - 4.5
[S-Character] - 4
[Enjoyment] - 4
[Overall] - 4

The movie like quality of the first ep has rewatch value alone to me and to really like Ai, even with her faults of the person she is to the viewer. Was a crazy ride of emotional feelings for many of the cast and the twist and turns of the whole story it one that will be memorable for years to come hoping for a season two.
Feb 26, 3:20 AM
Jul 2019
Best First episode ever
Feb 26, 8:18 PM
Feb 2024
in my delusional 1 episode is enough.. i don't think the next episode will be good because Aqua always with so many girl.. i don't like harem
Mar 1, 9:35 AM
Feb 2024
The story begin with the dark side of idol. So interesting to see other side about japan artist & idol
Mar 1, 9:36 AM
Feb 2024
The story begin with the dark side of idol. So interesting to see other side about japan artist & idol
Mar 1, 7:03 PM
Aug 2023
A great first episode, didn't realise going into it that it was feature length but it works well for a setup 'film' to the rest of the series. Looking forward to seeing where the series goes from here!
Mar 3, 2:13 PM
Jul 2019
That was sad Ai was killed and Aqua is probably right about father mastermind behind her death.
Mar 6, 7:17 PM
Sep 2022
why did the cancer patient suck on those 16 year old mammary GLANDS!???
Mar 13, 1:48 AM
Apr 2020
A bit overhyped, but still very good
Mar 18, 6:35 PM

Feb 2018
Wow, I was not expecting that. I mostly decided to give this anime a shot because it was rated Seinen and I liked the art, though was hesitant because I do not watch Idol anime. Boy was I surprised, not only was it realistic in it's approach to the industry, but actually had interesting characters and plot twists. Also the animation and art was great, Ai's... eyes... were beautiful. I really enjoyed her character and was kind of hoping we'd get to see some development and an interesting arc instead of her being killed, but it does set up for an interesting plot. There was some foreshadowing to her death, but I was still shocked, and that scene was beautiful, though sad. I was also not expecting this to turn into a revenge story, but I'm all for it. Excited for what comes next! It's no Perfect Blue, but hell I think it's unfair to compare them.
Mar 21, 3:03 PM
Feb 2022
After watching the first episode, I regretted that I had decided to read the manga first, because the anime reflects the atmosphere much better. If I didn't have the knowledge of what would happen, I know that Ai's death would have shot me down.
Mar 30, 7:43 AM
Jan 2018
There isn't words, I can't describe the emotions that this episode game me. It was simply fantastic.
Mar 30, 8:29 PM

Feb 2019
finally started this one. so many possible suspects in my head, but i won't make any final decisions until probably nearing the end of the season lol

and i knew ruby was that little girl that got aqua's former self got hooked on ai's girl group lol
Apr 1, 4:39 PM
Jan 2021
Best 1st episode I’ve seen since Og Dragon Ball
Apr 1, 7:42 PM
Aug 2017
Honestamente no sabía de que trataba la serie, salvo por el hecho de que una idol adolescente quedaba embarazada de gemelos y decidía tenerlos en secreto para poder continuar con su carrera, por lo que este primer capítulo me dejo absolutamente anonadada y con ganas de más.
Apr 3, 4:05 PM
Mar 2024
in the beginning i was not expecting much because i usually don't watch idol anime's but holy shit is all i have to say to express how i felt about it in the first episode i was spoiled about it but watching it raw even with the spoiler (spoilers: the spoiler I'm taking about is Ai dying) i fucking balled my eyes out it stuck me to the anime and i was only going to watch 3 episodes but i ended up watching the whole thing now on the list of my favorite anime's this is number 1 spot!
Apr 10, 9:53 AM
Apr 2024
Sad sad sad sad sad real sad.
Apr 12, 12:49 AM

Jul 2013
I'm gonna be real here, this episode was hard to watch for a number of reasons. An immature teenage girl from a broken family creates a broken family of her own, what a fucking idiot. An obgyn doctor is a fucking pedophile. All these talks about lies are a form of love like it's some profound shit when it's not. One of the only good things is that, a 12 year old girl who died from her illness is now given a second chance in life. I'm also looking forward to see how they will fare in the show business life knowing what they know about it early on. And also, who the dad is.

As much as I think that this show is mostly, so far, trash, I also found Frieren to be boring as shit in the first few episodes but I ended up giving it a 9 when I finished it. Maybe this will be like that too, hopefully.
Apr 12, 11:33 PM
Dec 2022
Crazy epsiode. very interesting.
A lot of stuff happened ZAYUM my friend told me this show was good and they were right
not bad quite epic even
Apr 20, 2:41 AM
Jan 2016
Incredible first Episode.
Might be in the top 10 best Ep 1 of all time.
Intrigue, Drama, Comedy, great Visuals, great Story telling, amazing Characters, good Designs, Relatability, even informative.
Heavy hitter.
Apr 27, 6:00 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to MegamiRem
Hoshino Ai :)

Ai showed up out of nowhere, filled my heart, took the entire space there and then she just died, just like that. Never before I cared for a character so much in such a short period of time. I was heartbroken when the manga chapter came out and after watching it animated after all this time,
@MegamiRem I love you
Apr 28, 3:21 AM
Feb 2024
The episode's time is very good for starting because the story takes you in. Definetly watch the first epsode.
Apr 29, 1:00 PM

Nov 2020
33k votes, wow I have never seen such a huge number on this site
May 5, 1:43 PM

Mar 2024
The length surprised me and also just the whole plot of the anime lmao. Going into this I thought it would be about AI's journeys to giving birth and the truth about being an idol but then boom fast forward she gave birth and then I thought it would be about raising two kids while still trying to be an idol. Also totally didn't expect the part where AI's kids are reincarnations of Sarina and the doctor. But no, wasn't about that either cause boom AI gets killed! Like what the- I'm totally surprised again lol. So now it's about Aqua and Ruby grown up and Aqua trying to find the father who is ultimately responsible for the death of AI.

Wow so many plot twists for me but I thought it was a great first episode cause it really laid down the foundation for the upcoming episodes. I'm glad episode 1 was this long though because if told over multiple episodes I think it definitely wouldn't have this impact on the viewers. Can't wait to watch more.
May 8, 6:44 AM
Jan 2022
Bro I dropped this anime and I doubt the manga is any better the only good thing about it is it's art, else it's really bad This is bad for people who like psychology/murder/action and so on I really watched it out of curiosity since it was the talk of the town but really it disappointed me. If you like to be pampered or like the "mommy" concept you'll like this lmao it was just not strong enough to keep me interested
May 9, 3:10 AM
Nov 2023
I like Oshi No Ko because this anime stories about the Black Company for Idol Projects. Scandalous Idols, general secret for Citizens. I give 9/10 Ratings. This Great stories and interesting for me. Because i like Pop Japanese Culture . Like a Idols, Girl Band, and many else J-Pop.
Pages (54) « First ... « 52 53 [54]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Best girl war oshi no ko

Praveen05 - Jun 14, 2023

4 by aurora_yuuki »»
May 1, 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.