Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2022 5:10 PM

Sep 2021
I don't get why everyone is blaming Sekai for the situation in the anime, naming her a slut, or something similar. I know she really did Kotonoha wrong in the whole situation, playing her friend, and then "stealing" her boyfriend, but to be honest, for the whole time everything was dependent on Makoto. Also, Kotonoha wasn't really interested and invested in their relationship, so it wasn't something unusual that Makoto got bored with her pretty fast. Sekai may be named manipulative, but definitely not a slut, and at the end of the show, I felt really sorry for her (there's no proof she was pregnant, but I think she believed so), she just wanted to be loved right?
───────────────────────────
"ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴꜱ
ɪ ᴀᴍ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ
ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ!"
ꜱᴄᴀʀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇɪɢʜʙᴏᴜʀʜᴏᴏᴅ
00:56 ━━⬤─────── 03:42
⇆ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ❚❚ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵↻
Jul 29, 2022 5:22 PM

Nov 2021
There is only one responsible and guilty and that is, the idiot "itou", and he got what he deserved, case closed.
itsrj20Jul 29, 2022 5:28 PM

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 29, 2022 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
She shipped Makoto with Katsura and got them together.
But then she snatched him away and told him to just ghost Katsura and completely ignore her without even properly breaking up with her.
She did everything wrong.
PiromyslMay 2, 2023 10:41 AM

Jul 29, 2022 5:44 PM

Sep 2021
Piromysl said:
She shipped Makoto with Katsura and got them together.
But then she snatched him away and told to just ghost Katsura and completely ignore her, not even bothering to properties break up with her.
She did everything wrong.

I partially agree with you, but I felt like Sekai actually insisted to tell everything to Kotonoha (especially episode 6, where she, I suppose didn't find enough confidence to do so). She and Setsuna were also trying to convince him to definitely break up with Kotonoha. Sekai seemed really worried about Kotonoha's feelings. But as @itsrj20 aptly stated, everything was fckin Makoto's fault.
"ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴꜱ
Jul 29, 2022 5:50 PM

Feb 2021
You might enjoy my thoughts on that question here: http://anteikuanimereviews.com/2021/02/18/school-days/
Anteiku Anime Reviews
anteikuanimereviews.com
Jul 29, 2022 6:00 PM
Dec 2021
iHateAnimeBro said:
I don't get why everyone is blaming Sekai for the situation in the anime, naming her a slut, or something similar. I know she really did Kotonoha wrong in the whole situation, playing her friend, and then "stealing" her boyfriend, but to be honest, for the whole time everything was dependent on Makoto. Also, Kotonoha wasn't really interested and invested in their relationship, so it wasn't something unusual that Makoto got bored with her pretty fast. Sekai may be named manipulative, but definitely not a slut, and at the end of the show, I felt really sorry for her (there's no proof she was pregnant, but I think she believed so), she just wanted to be loved right?

sekai was telling him to tell the other girl everything for the whole anime. she was done dirty by him
Jul 29, 2022 6:06 PM

Sep 2021
lexcrawls18 said:
iHateAnimeBro said:

sekai was telling him to tell the other girl everything for the whole anime. she was done dirty by him

Exactly! Sekai was constantly trying to convince him to tell everything to the other girl.
"ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴꜱ
Jul 29, 2022 6:21 PM

Sep 2021
BlueHawk02 said:
You might enjoy my thoughts on that question here: http://anteikuanimereviews.com/2021/02/18/school-days/

Great review! I agree with the majority of it, but something is not right for me here:

The lie she makes up about being pregnant is the clearest example of that. Obviously we know it was untrue ultimately (thanks Kotonoha!), but initially at least I think we’re supposed to wonder if Sekai even knows for sure herself.

How do we exactly know that was a 100% lie? The point with the Kotonoha saying that there's nothing, after killing Sekai is not a valid statement for me, since first of all, she's crazy, so she could as well just make this up, so even she herself would believe it. And second of all, more importantly, Sekai was supposedly pregnant for a really short amount of time, so Kotonoha probably wouldn't be able to tell if she was actually pregnant or not.

Btw, the Clannad reference is really on point, I was thinking about watching it right after School Days :)
"ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴꜱ
Jul 29, 2022 6:45 PM

Oct 2015
bruh, how can you blame Kotonoha for what happened, when she just wanted to have a healthy relationship with her boyfriend? is her fault that Makoto got bored? seriously? Her only crime was falling in love with a scumbag.

I can't say Sekai was totally guilty but she didn't help to the situation at all. She should have learned what kind of man was Makoto when he cheated on Kotonoha. Unfortunately, she was another conveniently stupid character of this anime.
Jul 29, 2022 7:01 PM

Feb 2021
iHateAnimeBro said:
BlueHawk02 said:

Great review! I agree with the majority of it, but something is not right for me here:

The lie she makes up about being pregnant is the clearest example of that. Obviously we know it was untrue ultimately (thanks Kotonoha!), but initially at least I think we’re supposed to wonder if Sekai even knows for sure herself.

How do we exactly know that was a 100% lie? The point with the Kotonoha saying that there's nothing, after killing Sekai is not a valid statement for me, since first of all, she's crazy, so she could as well just make this up, so even she herself would believe it. And second of all, more importantly, Sekai was supposedly pregnant for a really short amount of time, so Kotonoha probably wouldn't be able to tell if she was actually pregnant or not.

Btw, the Clannad reference is really on point, I was thinking about watching it right after School Days :)

Good point: we're not 100% sure. Kotonoha could be mistaken, or blind in her madness. All those things could be open questions, which is probably part of the effect here. But I think the easiest explanation is that Sekai isn't actually pregnant and simply made that up or caused herself to believe it in her desperation. It explains a lot of her behavior, part of which I made a case for in that paragraph. if we assume she wasn't pregnant, a lot of questions are easily answered. If she actually was pregnant...a lot of new questions emerge. It's worthwhile to think about in context. Personally, I'm taking Kotonoha's word for now, simply because its truth seems to answer the most questions.

In regard to Clannad: I realize this facial style was just a particular style that appeared many times in late '90s and early '00s anime. But Clannad is probably the best known for it, particularly because of how it seems to fit the story. The same goes for School Days. I used the word "unsettling" about the way it looks, and it definitely is that. That works well for Clannad, even though it's for a different reason than it's effective for School Days. Anyway.

Thanks for reading through that! I appreciate your thoughts.

Anteiku Anime Reviews
anteikuanimereviews.com
Jul 29, 2022 7:18 PM

Sep 2021
Overmaster said:
bruh, how can you blame Kotonoha for what happened, when she just wanted to have a healthy relationship with her boyfriend? is her fault that Makoto got bored? seriously? Her only crime was falling in love with a scumbag.

I can't say Sekai was totally guilty but she didn't help to the situation at all. She should have learned what kind of man was Makoto when he cheated on Kotonoha. Unfortunately, she was another conveniently stupid character of this anime.

Hey, I'm sorry, but I don't remember where I blame Kotonoha? I actually think she's the main victim of the whole story. I wrote it wasn't something unusual that Makoto got bored with her pretty fast, by what I mean is knowing his scum personality, it was to be expected. Maybe I should have formulated this sentence in a different way, but the person I was blaming here was again Makoto. And yes, you're absolutely right, Kotonoha only wanted a healthy relationship (which apparently Makoto was a total opposite), and if that is so, she wouldn't go back to him, after he literally, openly betrayed her. But well, love is really a dangerous feeling, especially when it comes to someone not necessarily emotionally stable.

And overall my whole point is that Sekai was about the same victim as Kotonoha. She literally fell in love with the wrong person (you could see she pretty much doesn't have anyone besides Setsuna close to her, throughout the anime).
iHateAnimeBroJul 29, 2022 7:21 PM
"ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴꜱ
Jul 29, 2022 7:19 PM
Jun 2020
None of the girls should be blamed for any of this because it’s not their fault. The root cause of this mayhem is on this MC which is quite possibly the worst main character I have ever seen and trust me I seen my share to SHIT tier MCs.
Jul 29, 2022 9:30 PM

Oct 2015
iHateAnimeBro said:
Overmaster said:

Hey, I'm sorry, but I don't remember where I blame Kotonoha? I actually think she's the main victim of the whole story. I wrote it wasn't something unusual that Makoto got bored with her pretty fast, by what I mean is knowing his scum personality, it was to be expected. Maybe I should have formulated this sentence in a different way, but the person I was blaming here was again Makoto. And yes, you're absolutely right, Kotonoha only wanted a healthy relationship (which apparently Makoto was a total opposite), and if that is so, she wouldn't go back to him, after he literally, openly betrayed her. But well, love is really a dangerous feeling, especially when it comes to someone not necessarily emotionally stable.

And overall my whole point is that Sekai was about the same victim as Kotonoha. She literally fell in love with the wrong person (you could see she pretty much doesn't have anyone besides Setsuna close to her, throughout the anime).

I'm sorry i didn't notice you were justifying his actions based only on his personality. I'm glad that we agree on this point... thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding.

Now, pointing out the context of Sekai's decisions makes her the second victim of this story, undoubtedly. I do think she has a part of responsibility though. she should've realized that Makoto was going to make her emotionally suffer based on what he (and herself) did to Kotonoha. Maybe she wasn't really in love with him, but she just felt lonely (it seems she lives alone in the anime) and she was just a teenager like the rest of the characters, experiencing those feelings for the first time.
Jul 29, 2022 10:01 PM
Feb 2021
wasn't it stated in the ending that Sekai was manipulative at some point? also Makoto tried to redeem himself in thr finale so he can't really be blamed for her making up the baby story then killing him when it was about to collapse
Jul 29, 2022 10:02 PM
Feb 2021
Cross_2D said:
None of the girls should be blamed for any of this because it’s not their fault. The root cause of this mayhem is on this MC which is quite possibly the worst main character I have ever seen and trust me I seen my share to SHIT tier MCs.

he's not likeable but I don't think that really makes him a bad protagonist

if anything it's why I like him I tend to like heavily flawed protagonists
Jul 30, 2022 6:48 AM
Jun 2020
BanzaiAlex said:
Cross_2D said:

He’s too generic and literally does not do anything at all. It pissed me off because he sees all these problems happening around him and he doesn’t do anything to try and stop it.
Jul 30, 2022 7:49 AM

Sep 2021
Cross_2D said:
BanzaiAlex said:

He’s too generic and literally does not do anything at all. It pissed me off because he sees all these problems happening around him and he doesn’t do anything to try and stop it.

Not to mention he's not able to conduct a proper dialogue with those girls, to at least alleviate the problems. The lack of communication from his side was killing me.
"ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴꜱ
Jul 30, 2022 6:09 PM
Jun 2020
iHateAnimeBro said:
Cross_2D said:

Not to mention he's not able to conduct a proper dialogue with those girls, to at least alleviate the problems. The lack of communication from his side was killing me.

Literally. Like dude sees red flags forming around him left and right and essentially gave into all of them with open fucking arms. I’ve seen some generic trash MCs but for some reason this dude pissed me off more than stuff like Rent a GF MC ever did.
Nov 15, 2022 10:19 AM

Jul 2021
it all started because of sekai. makoto is trash yes but he wouldn't have gotten the chance to be trash if it wasn't for sekai. he would have been satisfied with staring at kotonoha on the train everyday and keeping her pic as his phone wallpaper. sekai came and ruined everything. makoto's trashness was hidden deep somewhere and it was sekai who helped him discover it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 16, 2022 12:55 AM
Jul 2010
Sekai is pretty much garbage and someone you don't want around irl
Apr 20, 2023 1:29 PM
suii

Dec 2018
whiteghost8 said:
Sekai is pretty much garbage and someone you don't want around irl
nah.... hmm... sekai is probably the most ''social'' if you wanna call it that but the problem is was/ she couldnt be honest and just leave makoto alone when that was the right thing, guess its like, she wanted to ''experiment'' she even said it be fun to watch what would unfold, dont think she was inherently bad but she just went too far

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this worse than boku no pico?

JustSomeone15 - May 29

16 by KayKimii »»
May 29, 6:29 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Siing - Jul 5, 2007

162 by jasutin_hoshi »»
May 27, 4:19 PM

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece? ( 1 2 )

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

50 by Seabury »»
May 17, 4:43 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MistaNight - Aug 8, 2007

200 by Seabury »»
May 15, 6:26 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

itainteazy - Aug 2, 2007

179 by Seabury »»
May 14, 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.