Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2022 2:43 AM
Mar 2022
too much fucking cgi bro
Nov 5, 2022 10:17 AM

Mar 2021
This movie once again proves that One Piece is PEAK FICTION.
Nov 5, 2022 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
Okay, we get a female Madara.
Nov 5, 2022 11:58 AM
Apr 2021
just to clear it i have never seen not a single one episode of One Piece it just happened to go to the cinema and watch it with my pals. My personal experience as a non One Piece fan was quite good, the Movie has CGI and 3D that takes your eyes and you can understand it. The whole thing of this movie it was for a girl (ITS NOT A SPOILER) that sings and has powers and hates the Pirates and like every movie the good main guy becomes Villain and fights with the main protagonists from the Series it was quite predictable what it will happen so my overall for story line and the other things that happened in the Movie is 6.5
something that i forgot to say is that if you plan to go to the cinema and see it not worth at all it cost me 11 euro for the max ultimate experience of this Movie the base price of the ticket for EU is around 7-8 Euro so i hope you took some info from this review for you that read it :)

Thank you for those you read my review have a nice day :)
Nov 5, 2022 9:16 PM

Oct 2019
It's not usual Onepiece movie that will you get, all of the music very memorable.
Nov 5, 2022 9:53 PM

Aug 2018
I went to see it at the cinema
For being the first thing I've seen of One Piece, I liked it a lot.
The animation was very good and the soundtrack was great.
Nov 5, 2022 10:15 PM

Sep 2015
BOOM! BACK AT IT AGAIN, I just came back from theaters, watched it 3 times yesterday, which the day ended just 1hour and 15 minutes ago for me.

Had tons of fun, so much dopamine and adrenaline rush xD

Now the total of times I had watched it is 6 now ! And I plan to see it more !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 6, 2022 12:27 AM

Dec 2013
I watched this at the theatres, which is rare for me, and I loved it. It's too bad none of the songs were in english. Especially with how good of a singer AmaLee is. ALthough I suppose there were a lot of songs in this movie. I was only expecting the one but I was clearly wrong.

I was honestly surprised by the direction this movie took. I had no idea that Uta would be the main antagonist of the movie or that she would end up dying. I found myself feeling really bad for her throughout the movie so her death hit me really hard.

I loved seeing the little bit Shanks action and of course, we didn't get a reunion with him and Luffy but that was to be expected.

This is probably my favourite One Piece movie so far. Even if it left me depressed afterwards.

Nov 6, 2022 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
Finally seen it and I, to my own surprise, can't believe that Blueno of all people was my favorite highlight of the entire thing. πŸ˜† Love it when characters are being re-introduced/utilized once more after being gone for so long. In terms of sheer focus on the characters themselves it could be argued the importance of One Piece movies, whether canon or not, matter in that specific respect at the very least as a main ingredient.

Other worthy highlights in my opinion:

-Everything about Bartolomeo
-Everything about Sunny
-Everything about Bepo
-Everything about Koby
-Lucci's interaction with the oldheads
-Kizaru raising up his hands again LMAO
-Usopp/Yasopp
-Brook having the best drip in the movie. 🧐

----

Uta was an interesting character. Very eccentric, tragic, headstrong and genuinely wanted to make the world a better place through questionable means but her intentions and actions fit the overall nuances (nuances that have been highlighted multiple times throughout the main story, especially during Marineford) of the world of One Piece. Specifically the nature of dealing with Pirates and Marines, the way of perceiving them as entities and the emphasis on THEIR actions/agendas.

----

My rankings at the moment:

1 Stampede
2 Z
3 Strong World
4 Red
5 Gold

Really loved 'A Worlds Continuation', it's probably my fave song from the movie. 🧑

I'm considering rewatching Red again sooner than later, maybe then my rankings would change. Overall fun movie!
removed-userNov 6, 2022 4:27 AM
Nov 6, 2022 4:16 AM
Jun 2010
I saw this movie on Friday and I still can't pull myself together. I'm so disappointed ... I don't understand why so many people consider it a good movie ...
Nov 6, 2022 4:43 AM

Aug 2009
Watched it at a theater yesterday.

The movie really shines during Uta's psycho, yandere moment songs. Guess that was kinda the point. The plot was good nothing hard to follow although the "twist" that Shanks and co didnt pillage the island wasnt important or a twist in the end.

The side cast is the problem. 90% of the characters are there just to make people hyped. Whole theater erupted when Katakuri first appeared (personally never understood why people LOVE him). Then did nothing until the final attack with Shanks.

Not being part of the canon also makes some parts pointless of irrelevant, like when they mention Luffy being
or that...you know...Uta has to die(if she really did because most of the time, they just dont)

8/10
Nov 6, 2022 6:43 AM
Apr 2021
Finished it and DAMNNNNNNNN this has got to be the best one piece movie ever ong, one thing that I can’t look away is the ending it was really lacklustre since we didn’t even see if Uta really died or not + I was hoping Shanks and Luffy would at least see each other once even if it was from afar ;( Anyways now for the good parts Uta is such a PHENOMENAL singer and a good antagonist for this movie and the scenes with Shanks and Luffy fighting Tot Musica simultaneously was so cool to see and the little glimpse of Gear 5th was so hyped. Seeing Law Koby Katakuri Oven and them was so cool as well😩πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ (side note…Uta’s curvy asf😡‍πŸ’«)
Treyv0nNov 6, 2022 6:47 AM
Nov 6, 2022 10:20 AM
Sep 2019
Loved the songs and colorful design on this movie :)
Nov 6, 2022 3:59 PM
Dec 2021
One Piece movie was really good, animation was top notch, the music was excellent (I watched dubbed, the songs were still in Japanese but they were great), and overall there were quite a few hype scenes!!!!
Nov 6, 2022 4:43 PM

Jun 2014
Just got back from seeing it in the theater, it was really good. Loved the songs and Ado is a fucking fantastic singer.

I loved seeing a bunch of familiar faces making cameos, especially unexpected ones like Blueno. He was probably one of the last characters I expected to see in this movie.

The action was great, along with the animation of course. Usopp was lowkey the MVP of the movie with how he used advanced Observation Haki to coordinate the attacks with his dad. It was cool to see a Katakuri/Shanks teamup (def for fanservice lol), but that simultaneous Gear 5/Shanks final blow was absolutely amazing. And of course you have to have Shanks flex his Conqueror's Haki, the Marines knew to fuck all the way off after that.

Overall I thought this was a good movie, it was cool to get something different like this.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 6, 2022 6:17 PM
Aug 2010
It's sad it's movie, they should transfer Uta to main series, she deserved for more love ;/
Nov 6, 2022 6:54 PM
Aug 2021
It's really solid. I feel like people expected this to be much more focused on Shanks than it actually is. If you go into it without that hanging over you, you'll love it. The songs are solid and Uta is a great character. And when the Shanks stuff starts happening, the movie is absolutely incredible.
Nov 6, 2022 7:21 PM

Sep 2015
I am back yet again, seen it another 3 times, now the total adds up to 9 times.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 6, 2022 8:07 PM

Jul 2016
best one piece movie for me so far. glad uta most likely died, no biggie if she ends up having survived but i did want her to die. this film has a ton of production value in it, so many old characters in cameos and even in the credits. people kept saying it was alright and good enough: that's why my mind thought it'd be eh. for me, it exceeded my expectations. (8/9:10) you don't have to like uta to feel sympathy for her and understand why she did what the fk she did, which was almost end 70% to nearly the whole world's population with the most op singing power known to man. it's a miracle she saved them at all. one thing that wasn't a mistake was giving everyone all new drip for absolutely no reason. thank you
Nov 6, 2022 10:24 PM

Sep 2011
Good film but felt more like a Disney musical film than anything. The songs were good and the action sequences that happened were great, but yeah. Nothing "Amazing".
Nov 7, 2022 8:22 AM

Sep 2015
Tyrel said:
Good film but felt more like a Disney musical film than anything. The songs were good and the action sequences that happened were great, but yeah. Nothing "Amazing".

Whole cake island felt way more like a Disney musical from two of Big Mom's singing.

Nov 7, 2022 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
I thought it was pretty good, combining the whimsical Dr. Seuss-cartooniness One Piece is known for with a intimate emotional core that One Piece is also known for, and even blending in some idol stuff that fits surprisingly well, in part thanks to Ado's amazing singing and Goro Taniguchi's impressive, music video style directing. It isn't perfect, but for One Piece fans, it is pretty well rounded. Some of the animation was sick, too.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 7, 2022 2:44 PM

Aug 2015
My second favorite movie after Z, which I think it´s still the best balance between the shonen aspect of one piece and the good story telling. I did expect the musical, I kinda look forward to it, so for me it was amazing to be blasted by the speakers on the theater. I also liked the story a lot, and I think it brought the best out of OP without relying on just pure non sensical battles, like Stampede did (which I think it sucked).

Good 8.5/10.
Nov 7, 2022 3:20 PM
Mar 2019
good movie I like the songs
Nov 7, 2022 6:45 PM
May 2020
Too many issues with the plot. The abundance of spoilers isn't justified because of the lack of utilization. Katakuri is present but adds nothing to the plot, the same goes for CP0. The glossing over of Usopp meeting his father is also very strange, one would expect that to be an important moment for his character.
Nov 7, 2022 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
CharybdisX said:
Too many issues with the plot. The abundance of spoilers isn't justified because of the lack of utilization. Katakuri is present but adds nothing to the plot, the same goes for CP0. The glossing over of Usopp meeting his father is also very strange, one would expect that to be an important moment for his character.

To a degree, it's to be expected. However, I didn't have an issue with those examples. Katakuri was only there to rescue his sister, which is in character for him. CP0 showing up isn't strange either, considering the magnitude of the threat we're dealing with during the movie.

It's a matter of interpretation, but I liked that moment you're mentioning. One, it's very unique and shows they can work together as pirates. Two, it won't replace their actual meeting in any case. For that reason, it was a good idea to give their interaction a fairly limited scope. If they tried to make it into a very long conversation sequence, then I would be more critical. It's a simple collaboration, not full a reunion.
Nov 7, 2022 9:38 PM

Apr 2022
HOLY!! I just watched it in theaters and I am amazed! Uta's voice, her songs were AMAZING!! I loved how we saw all 4 of Luffy's transformations including gear 5, which isn't out yet...... I loved the entire movie and I knew it was gonna be great but it was better than I imagined

Plus there were only 6 people in the movie theater so that was a bonus, I'm shocked on how Uta just changed Luffy and everyone at the end into these cool looking pirates saying "If you wanna be one look like one" Or something along those lines. Everyone looked amazing!

Knowing this was led and created by Oda along with the people at Toei Animation was amazing. I also liked the style, since we're in Wano and the entire format and style changed this also followed the lines just like One Piece Film: Stampede, which was also an amazing film!!

I loved how we got to see Shanks and everyone part of the Red Haired Pirates in action, one of my most favorable crews. I'm in love with all the songs, the characters, the style, the animation, the CGI, and everything about it. I'm glad I was one of the first people in my city to see it. A solid 9.75/10 since I wanted to see Gear 5 in the anime then the movie but it's fine!!!
Nov 8, 2022 6:42 PM

Mar 2010
I loved seeing all the reccuring characters. I really hope UTA is alive :(( She was awesome and really nice to see badass shanks
Nov 9, 2022 8:13 PM
Nov 2018
Saw the dubbed version for the first time today. I haven’t felt this hype for a one piece movie since Gold. That last 30 minutes had lots of interesting story implications, which I hope gets confirmed in the story later on when we get to the red hair pirates. I was engaged the entire time and had a blast. The music slaps especially New Genesis.
Nov 9, 2022 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
Good film even if the art style sucks. I love the animation overall and Uta was a pretty good villain. I haven't seen One Piece in a bit so some characters I didn't know but I knew most of the characters.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 10, 2022 10:25 AM

Sep 2015
Back from my 10th to 11th watch yesterday, this time I felt fatigued, ADO's music of course kept me going, and yet again, midway through just became so boring in terms of plot, I just wish the music stayed consistent throughout, even if they must re-use it.

Nov 10, 2022 8:01 PM
Dec 2018
Ado was not enough to carry this movie.
Nov 10, 2022 8:43 PM
Dec 2020
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
Nov 11, 2022 8:41 PM

Sep 2015
Back yet,yet,yet,yet,yet again with my 12th and 13th watch of this movie, but at a smaller auditorium sadly with 2 less speakers which really effected the music badly. :(

Nov 12, 2022 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't expect I would like this movie so much.

Tot Musica song was amazing, I keep listening to it.

Nov 12, 2022 11:48 PM
Mar 2022
its ight ig idk :)
j
Nov 13, 2022 9:04 AM

Feb 2014
Disappointed with the writing, too many characters that didn't need to be there, we have three people with the "same power" (Law, Brulée, Bruno, ie moving people around) and a Fujitora that was okay with the Marines killing civilians by Kizaru's orders.
Nov 13, 2022 9:50 AM

Sep 2015
Up to my 16th watch now, I'm afraid my streak ends here, probably....

Nov 13, 2022 4:38 PM

Aug 2012
"My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined."

I didn't see any info before watching this movie, besides Shanks being involved, and it is anime in theaters so I had to go to support it.

But oh boy, the singing, Uta, the writing...

I'll pretend I didn't watch it.
Nov 13, 2022 7:40 PM

Jun 2007
And another non-canon OP Film for the archives.
I really thought it couldn't get worse after the recap Films.

I get it writing staff, you can't make a canon Film. That sucks.
Strong World really was the peak.
It was essentially just Princess gets abducted and now rescue her from the castle but at least it did that.

And they really can't do anything right with the Films.
At the end of the Film every canon character has to be alive and well, because all of it didn't happen at all.

Perhaps it'd be better if OP Films were about funny adventures of the crew on some island, without a big final battle and just slapstick jokes.

OP Films 1-3 did that. It's just a harmless Films, may be canon, may not, it doesn't matter.
They are essentially long One Piece Episodes.

Film 4 is still that but you can feel a slight change.
Films 5-7 were really "well that happened". It didn't feel like a long episode anymore.
Films 8-9 being recaps... who really cared about them.

In Film 10 you have an old nemesis of Roger, obviously never mentioned before. It's after all not canon.
It literally has no story apart from "save the princess". But you can do that in a Film, once.

Film 11 didn't happen

Film 12... Phew. bad guy appears, has essentially no story, wants to destroy world, beats the straw hats, they rally, they beat him. Fin. <- This will now happen in every Film.
There wasn't even a reason for the Crew to get involved, they did the job of the Marines who would've done what they did.
What's next, the straw hats bring in taxes?
Well at least it brought us the Glorious Island special with the Nami sequence.

Film 13 "what if we made everything so bright and sparkly that the viewer forgets that there's no substance to it?"
At least we got Baccarat and Carina? Idk.
Just another villain randomly appearing, beating the crew, the crew rallies and beats him.
But by this point it's just Luffy winning. Though that already happened in 12.

Film 14 is genuinely dumb. But it's even worse than other Films because it just banks on well known characters being in it.
That's all it is. Just put as many OP characters into the Film as possible, chances are your favourite is among them.
Another thing that's becoming apparent is that in the newer Films the crew arrives at a central set where also all other characters converge to.
It's like a child playing with Lego.
I am just confused how they haven't included the Skypedia people in it.

Film 15. Here we are.
You like Shanks? He's in it. That's your reason to watch this.
You like dancing and singing for some reason? Okay no clue why you are here and not in one of the various Idol shows but yeah sure that's also here.
Don't worry there's tons of well known characters. No nothing will happen to them.
It's not canon after all.

Hey OP officials, how about you let the crew just have an adventure for once?
No world crisis that they have to fix. Just an adventure.
A big baddie? Who knows. Don't think I'd need it.
Perhaps let the characters interact with the people on an island, their worries and problems.
And perhaps they don't have to use their overpowered attacks for once.
Perhaps they can help them in another way. Ever heard of slapstick?
You literally have Luffy, he can bond with children, run away from angry grown ups.
Zoro gets lost somewhere, Usopp spins some tales to some children, Nami tries to scam someone, Sanji cooks for people, Robin chills idk, Chopper does some medicine stuff, Franky builds something and Brooks does music.
Just some normal stuff.

Sigh.

I am thinking back to the nonsensical early specials like the Dancing and Sports specials and just miss the fun.
One Piece used to be fun.
TyonNov 13, 2022 7:47 PM
Nov 14, 2022 7:23 AM
Sep 2020
was one the best one piece so far had a nice dark but compelling story that genially could canon as well a great art and the animation for final fight scene was on point as well a uta music the only complaint would say is pasing they could of had the same type of movie with maybe 30 min cut from it but the only thing i can thing of
Nov 14, 2022 3:09 PM
Aug 2021
Saya merasa kurang puas, apa karena terlalu banyak musik di film ini?
Saya kurang menyukainya
Saya menonton karena ads shanks selebihnya saya hanya makan popcorn dan tidak menyimak film nya
Nov 15, 2022 8:14 AM
Feb 2018
Idk if it was I expected but it was good
Nov 16, 2022 2:23 PM

May 2014
It was an enormous privilege for me to watch the 15th One Piece movie at a cinema in Norway (Colosseum cinema). It was a premiere and I didn't even know. LOL. I loved it. Even the executive producer appeared and promoted the movie. The first OP movie showed in Scandinavia. Finally, it took them 23 years!

The animation and sound effect/music were superb, but a bit too much. It felt like a Indian movie or a musical tbh. Storywise it was okay, however, a bit dragged out. A little bit more action would be nice. I find it amusing that we have seen more Shanks in the movie than what we saw in the entire OP till now. Unfortunately, Luffy and Shanks didn't have their fated meeting. It was as expected because it has to be shown in the anime first. I was hoping that Uta was Shanks's biological daughter, but that's fine too. Family is bigger which includes your non-biological nakamas, and you learn that from the story. Overall, an enjoyable movie. A fine 7/10.
Nov 16, 2022 2:26 PM

May 2014
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Up to my 16th watch now, I'm afraid my streak ends here, probably....

Wow, how? How did you get the time and sanity to watch it that much? I mean watching it twice is okay, but 16 times. O_O
Is it even out in BD? That must have cost a lot for the tickets. Out of curiosity, can I ask you the reason for watching it so many times? :)
Nov 16, 2022 2:40 PM

May 2014
ssjokg said:

8/10

Nov 16, 2022 2:42 PM

May 2014
chi4ko said:
Okay, we get a female Madara.

Who? I can't remember I get your point now. Hahaha, good one. :P
Nov 16, 2022 2:43 PM

May 2014
provokens said:
too much fucking cgi bro

Better than Stampede, tbh. It was hideous what they did with Stampede. The strange CGI effects of that movie reminded me of Godzilla. xD
Nov 16, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2014
Jontayy said:
Bihan12345678 said:
how watch free .
πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

You get up and get one of your friends to take you to the movies ❀️

It depends. OP wasn't released here in Norway until this year. Took them 15 movies. LOL. Same with Dragon Ball. About the time the Anime community in Scandinavia stepped up its game. It's a given in other countries and in the US too. Smh, we are so far behind when it comes to love for Asian animation.
Nov 16, 2022 2:47 PM

May 2014
Jontayy said:
Bihan12345678 said:
how watch free .
πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

You get up and get one of your friends to take you to the movies ❀️

I watched it alone at the cinema. Currently, none other than me watch OP. LOL
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

6 by Zarutaku »»
May 23, 6:22 AM

» Is this the worst one piece movie? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Mar 10, 2023

68 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM

» One Piece FILM RED is Confirmed to be 4th Highest-Grossing Anime Film Worldwide!

Ridzaxster - Feb 17, 2023

8 by yonkoakagami4 »»
Mar 12, 2023 6:59 PM

» Question about emperor of the seas (SPOILERS!!)

Ania_BH - Mar 9, 2023

7 by R77Prodigy »»
Mar 11, 2023 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.