Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 11, 7:12 AM
Jan 2021
Now listen, season 1 was by no means a masterpiece but it was good and very entertaining. It had the right mix of action, world-building and side characters development. Meanwhile this 2nd season, although it started pretty strong with the other people that got transported to this world too, became some boring high school generic fantasy. It is like the show doesn’t even know where to go so it just stales in one place forever. There are a lot of exposition, talking, schemes and stuff but nothing even pays off like it should since our mc is obviously overpowered.
Also animation quality decreased. Really disappointed in this.
May 11, 8:00 AM
Dec 2022
yah obviously, it wouldn't, because the first season was only 12 episodes and covered so much story.
while on the other hand this season is 24 episode long so it's only natural to feel that way when compared to the first season.

i do agree with you, 18 episodes in and the still MC putting the face mas rather than getting some shit down.since he is soo op i won't be so shocked if he settles everything in 4 episode.
as the main fight with the other dragon and the girl. in first season, started in the end of the season and , and ended in just 2 episodes.
Yeshaiah2015yeshMay 11, 8:15 AM
May 11, 8:07 AM
Jan 2022
its a build up to what the mc chooses to do. it is showing his investment with this world, does he to back home, or continue to establish himself here? these events help build up to his choice
May 11, 8:12 AM
Nov 2020
Cool, stop watching it then.
May 11, 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
I feel the same. I was eagerly anticipating each episode of 1st seasons bike watching weekly, but 2nd season feels like a chore. They introduced bunch of irrelevant characters that only waste screentime and do not contribute to the story.
It is not Promised Neverland level of drop, but still noticeable.

May 11, 8:40 AM
Jul 2022
Yeah its being boring, but i still watching
May 11, 8:54 AM
Nov 2018
2nd season usually isn't as good as the 1st. 1st season is usually to sell the viewers into watching to begin with. I like 2nd at the same time don't like it. The idea for Makoto in going to school to begin with was to learn other spells outside the beginner ones. I enjoyed establishing new characters and showing more of how he feels about the humans and demons. I like the fact that he won't try to solve every problem in front of him unless he has some sort of connection or it benefits him somehow. The entire school part feels completely unnecessary.
May 11, 9:23 AM
Dec 2022
Imo, the second season is way better. Animation peaked plus I'm loving what Makoto is doing. It's best you drop it if you aren't used to second seasons of isekai being this way.
May 11, 10:01 AM
Mar 2021
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
yah obviously, it wouldn't, because the first season was only 12 episodes and covered so much story.
while on the other hand this season is 24 episode long so it's only natural to feel that way when compared to the first season.

i do agree with you, 18 episodes in and the still MC putting the face mas rather than getting some shit down.since he is soo op i won't be so shocked if he settles everything in 4 episode.
as the main fight with the other dragon and the girl. in first season, started in the end of the season and , and ended in just 2 episodes.

I think you clearly don’t understand or just want fights but the way makoto has been is behaving during the past few eps is exactly in line with his character he is not the type of guy that would want to go out guns blazing at everyone who he considers enemies around him lol he is just fed up with the world and the ppl that are trying to screw him over so he is taking advantage of the chaos and is strategically saving ppl so that they owe him later on.
May 11, 10:34 AM
May 2022
people really don't know story development do they
May 11, 10:35 AM
May 2022
some of these complaints are stupid 🙄
May 11, 5:50 PM
Jun 2022
is still pretty good!
May 11, 5:55 PM

Sep 2018
I think s2 was pretty great setting up the other Heroes and world a lot more. Each season had a different focus since s1 felt more like a typical isekai while s2 is aiming for its own route.
May 11, 7:45 PM

Jan 2020
Idk. It has its flaws but it’s still good imo
May 11, 9:40 PM

Oct 2021
Aside from the last couple episodes I've actually preferred season 2
May 11, 10:04 PM
Sep 2021
me when people realize that mid shows were always mid and it took them until a boring season to realize that 🤣🤣🤣
May 12, 12:59 AM
Sep 2023
Tan_2 said:
Now listen, season 1 was by no means a masterpiece but it was good and very entertaining. It had the right mix of action, world-building and side characters development. Meanwhile this 2nd season, although it started pretty strong with the other people that got transported to this world too, became some boring high school generic fantasy. It is like the show doesn’t even know where to go so it just stales in one place forever. There are a lot of exposition, talking, schemes and stuff but nothing even pays off like it should since our mc is obviously overpowered.

not a very surprising response,
coming from someone who praises the ds's manga,
talk about lackluster,
May 12, 1:00 AM
Sep 2023
Tan_2 said:

you can talk about things not paying off when the series' points haven't even concluded
May 12, 11:01 PM
Feb 2021
fully agree.

season 2 isnt bad but its not as exciting as season 1, the only exciting thing about season 2 is the fact we got 24 episodes and not 12 lol.

but season 2 isnt bad also, just when does he wanna meet hibiki at episode 24?
May 13, 11:39 AM

Feb 2011
honestly these last few episodes have been so boring I dropped it to a 6. it's just talk talk talk talk talk talk talk.

May 13, 1:20 PM
Oct 2021
Tan_2 said:

I personally really don’t care about a school teaching arc, where we get unnecessary new characters and story. Why wouldn’t you concentrate on the main story like season 1. unfortunately this season is completely boring.
May 13, 4:17 PM
Jan 2022
all I can is if you don't like a slow build anime where from 20 they will have bigger fight scenes sorry but maybe it's not for you
May 13, 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
I honestly liked to see the other heroes getting animated but since they butchered their story, and pretty much most of the important—notable things in the source, it's pretty hard to appreciate this series.

So in short. S1 > S2 in terms of world building and character development, while S2 skipped most of them. Even the side stories got killed.

@Reevansingh21 The thing here is this:
it's not even slow, and it's not even in normal pacing, not even fast, but faster than you can imagine.

Even after all its downsizing, S2 is still a decent watch.

@Tan_2 No, the quality of the animation was great, but the adaptation was terrible.
CrazyButNot4UMay 13, 5:29 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 16, 8:40 PM
Jan 2022
CrazyButNot4U said:
I honestly liked to see the other heroes getting animated but since they butchered their story, and pretty much most of the important—notable things in the source, it's pretty hard to appreciate this series.

So in short. S1 > S2 in terms of world building and character development, while S2 skipped most of them. Even the side stories got killed.

@Reevansingh21 The thing here is this:
it's not even slow, and it's not even in normal pacing, not even fast, but faster than you can imagine.

Even after all its downsizing, S2 is still a decent watch.

@Tan_2 No, the quality of the animation was great, but the adaptation was terrible.

hey yall srry for the late response I have the samsung a23 the new software update crashes your phone after restarting ok to moonlit fantasy I like the pacing they are putting all the big fights out until maybe ep 20 or 22 and the rest
May 18, 6:53 PM
Jan 2022
did yall leave what's up

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

75 by tofei »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

61 by MaruBoros »»
Yesterday, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29

78 by aditya35 »»
May 30, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13

43 by Twicky_ »»
May 30, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6

52 by ST63LTH »»
May 29, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.