Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 6:27 AM
Aug 2021

I would like to see the heroine not just play off an archetype, but have her own unique history, speech, and behavior. Essentially, I'm looking for psychological authenticity within the type of character I'm looking for.

The problem with a lot of modern characters is that they are primitive - they play off only one character trait, and as a consequence they resemble each other, have no unique traits, and are untrustworthy from a psychological point of view.

In this case, in theory I am looking for a type of "genki", but in practice I want to ln was realized in the character as possible multifaceted. Unfortunately, there are few examples.

Anime

• Modern TV series. Lafanpan from "Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku".
  • An old-school series. Miu from "Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!".

Visual novels (the eponymous screen adaptations oversimplify the heroines too much)

• Ayu from Kanon. Possibly the original archetype. Voice, disposition, dialogue, and behavior create a funny, somewhat silly, friendly, and talkative girl.
  • Chihaya from Rewrite. (an adult Ayu, basically speaking).
  • Miku from Everlasting Summer.

Movies

Note:
For a deeper understanding of what "versatility, unconventionality, and true drama" is, I can give Lafiel as an example. To this day, I have not met a character who can reveal the type (archetype) of "tsundere" better. You can take a modern tsundere and compare in terms of psychological authenticity with Lafiel. It's even worse with genki, i.e. there's a tendency for the more modern the anime, the worse the characters in it.

In advance, much appreciated for recommendations!
May 10, 7:09 AM

Sep 2016
Nagi_Karman said:
I would like to see the heroine not just play off an archetype, but have her own unique history, speech, and behavior.

https://myanimelist.net/character/155904/Maomao
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 10, 9:10 AM

Jan 2022
Maquia

Bocchi the Rock (Nijika)

Fruits Basket (2019)

Liz and the Blue Bird (Nozomi)

More topics from this board

» Looking for chillin horror anime about ghosts

Shabo-kun - 6 hours ago

5 by mo_lave »»
3 hours ago

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

52 by YourCarrot »»
5 hours ago

» Anime where MC’s saving girl/girls

JiroOzaki - May 28

3 by M2zC »»
5 hours ago

» Is there anything left for us?!

fattdaddio - May 29

6 by JoeChip »»
9 hours ago

» Shoujosei with no/little romance

misamxsa - Yesterday

6 by JoeChip »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.